• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 1,561 Views, 80 Comments

Subsolar's Super Short Stories - Subsolar Drift



Super short stories inspired by pretty much anything.

  • ...
7
 80
 1,561

Memories (Romance)

I struggled against the ropes holding me down, trying my hardest to avoid Twilight’s horn as it came closer to my head. My eyes widened as the magic flowed through me. It tore through my mind and broke something there. I gasped as memories flooded over me.

Suddenly I remembered setting eyes on the most beautiful mare I’d ever seen. I remembered being so flustered I sounded like an idiot. I remembered turning down an offer from a flight team because it would mean not seeing her again. I remembered trying to find a way to go to the Grand Galloping Gala with her. I remembered hearing her cheer me on as I flew in the Best Young Flyers Competition. I remembered crashing into her library countless times just as an excuse to see her.

I remembered her smile, always there to cheer me up. I remembered her embrace warm and comforting. I remembered her eyes, so bright and curious, eager to see the world. I remembered her voice, so beautiful and hypnotizing. I remembered her laugh, something I would do anything to hear. I remembered that I wouldn’t ever leave Ponyville hanging because that would leave her hanging.

I remembered the most important thing in the world. I remembered that I loved Twilight Sparkle. Discord’s hold over me broke and I stood straight up, looking into the eyes of the most amazing mare in the world. I finally worked up the nerve. I kissed Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

Another prompt from the TwiDash group. I had to write this one, just because the prompt was memories.