• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 1,552 Views, 80 Comments

Subsolar's Super Short Stories - Subsolar Drift



Super short stories inspired by pretty much anything.

  • ...
7
 80
 1,552

Change (Romance)

Change

There are moments that change your life forever. These moments come in many forms, accidents, miracles, a chance meeting, and so on. I will never forget the moment my life changed.

I was young and I wanted to see something new. I was tired of family, tired of apples, and tired of who I was. I set out to Manehattan to escape who I was, and what I saw as my future. When I arrived, I only felt more lost. My hope faltered and began to dwindle. Maybe I would never find who I was. Maybe I would be forever doomed to lie to myself and others, pretending I was happy.

But then I got my moment in a shockwave that send rainbows spreading through the skies. The colors reminded me of family, friends, good times, bad times, and most importantly, they reminded me of home. A place where no matter what, I could be who I was. A place where I would never have to lie to myself.

And that moment was the most important one of my life. Without it, I never would've found home. I never would've found myself. I never would've found her.

Years later, she came into my life, a new weather pony in town. The first time I saw her, I knew. Her colors brought the rainbow from my youth back to me. I don't know how, but I knew that this mare was responsible for the moment that changed my life. This mare was responsible for my happiness. It was because of her I had found my true path in life.

And when I saw her, I knew my life had changed again. I knew that moment, that I was in love. I would be eternally grateful for what she had done, but there was something there, a connection that I'd never felt before. She made me happy whenever she was around. I felt warm and safe with her. And she changed my life again when she agreed to marry me.

Author's Note:

TMP Prompt #257- It only takes a moment to fall in love.

My first little bit of AppleDash. Written as practice for the AppleDash Contest which I am planning on entering if I can write something in time.