• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 80 Comments

Subsolar's Super Short Stories - Subsolar Drift



Super short stories inspired by pretty much anything.

  • ...
7
 80
 1,562

A Hero's Warning (Sadish, AUish)

So my little pony, you want to be a hero? You want to be loved by the good and feared by the unjust? You want to fight for justice, doing good worldwide, saving the lives of other ponies? You want to get respect from others from your actions? If you become a hero you could have what you want.

You want to be a hero? You want your name to go down in history, your tales to be regaled by fireside for measureless time to come? You want to be listed among the greatest of the greats?
You want to be looked up to by foals who need an example? If you become a hero you could have what you want.

You want to be a hero? You want to discover things no pony has found before? You want to see places no pony has been before? You want to feel the awe and wonder of the unknown? If you become a hero you could have what you want.

You want to be a hero? You want the riches and glory that you would surely find? You want to secure your future for when you grow old? You want to steal from the hoards of dragons, claim the bounty on a thief's head, or be rewarded for returning a family's heirloom back to them? If you become a hero you could have what you want.

But pay heed my little pony, for if you want to be a hero you want to be always looking behind you, always surrounded by danger. You want to have others out for your head to gain a quick bit. You want to make enemies wherever you go, just because you try to do good You want to walk a path of risk unlike any other. If you become a hero then you could have what you want.

If you want to be a hero, you want to spend your nights alone, far away from any who care for you. You want to push away those you love, until you have none left. You want to live to see the day you are all alone in the world. If you become a hero then you could have what you want.

If you want to be a hero, you want to have no true home. You want to forever be a wanderer. You want to never be truly welcomed anywhere. You want to be alone. If you become a hero you could have what you want.

If you want to be a hero, you want to see the day when you lose faith in all that you believe. You want to see the day when you have no strength left. You want to see the day your will is finally crushed and you no longer can stand up for the weak and just. If you become a hero you could have what you want.

Now go my little pony. Think about what I have said.

...

I can only hope I've said enough. She is so eager, so young, so full of life. I hope she is wiser than I was. Oh, if only I could have known. If only I could have known.

Author's Note:

I'm bad at tags...

A piece written for the Thirty Minute Pony Stories. The prompt was, "So you want to be a hero?"