• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 80 Comments

Subsolar's Super Short Stories - Subsolar Drift



Super short stories inspired by pretty much anything.

  • ...
7
 80
 1,562

The Most Lonely Road (Sadish)

“So, where are we goin’?”

We aren’t going anywhere. I am leaving and you need to stay.”

“Pfft! Fat chance of that! What kind of friend would I be if I just let you go out there on your own?”

“You’d be a good friend! Can’t you see it’s what I want. You have let my go alone. If you ever decide to listen to me, ever, let it be know. Leave me alone and let me go. Forget that I ever existed. Everything will be better that way.”

“...”

“Please. I don’t want to see you hurt.”

“W-what would you do if you were in my hooves?”

“...”

“Well? Would you let me go?”

“It’s not your job to watch over me! I have a duty. Celestia knows I don’t want to go, but I have to! There’s no other option. It’s the only way I will ever be able to live with myself.”

“Do you think I could live with myself if I let you go alone?”

“...”

“Come on, there has to be some other option! We just gotta look at it from outside the box.”

“I’ve tried. I’ve looked at it every way I could think of and this is the only way. Please, forgive me for being selfish.”

“NO!”

“...”

“I-it c-can’t ever be fair c-can it?”

“...”

“F-for what it’s w-worth, I d-don’t forgive you.”

“...”



“...”

“...”

Author's Note:

Another little writing practice, this time with dialogue only. Tell me what you think is happening!