• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 1,739 Views, 73 Comments

Breaches of Peace - CalmNQuiet



A collection of short prompts meant to tease and explore the world of writing. Slice of Life, Dark, Sad, Romance, and more.

  • ...
7
 73
 1,739

Bubbles [Fluff] (TwiDash)

Rainbow Dash focused her eyes on the target in front of her as she puckered her lips together. Gently easing her breath out slowly, she filled the pink expanse with her heat until it swelled to near bursting.

Twilight gasped in surprise and squirmed uncomfortably.

A few seconds later, Rainbow Dash sunk her teeth down.

Pop.

She sucked in the bubble-gum and winked at Twilight. “And that’s how you blow a bubble. I’m the champion bubble blower in Ponyville after all.”

Twilight nodded dumbly. “Wow, that was a huge one Rainbow. Why didn’t you show me this before? Think of all the research opportunities I’ve missed out on!”

Rainbow Dash arched her eyebrow at Twilight. “Research?” She snickered and leaned her head back onto her hooves. “You don’t have to do research to know I’m the best.”

“No, no, no. That’s not what I mean. I mean on how to optimally get the largest bubble before it pops. I’ve tried blowing bubbles every since I was a little filly.” Twilight looked down with a blush. “I wasn’t very good at it.”

A comforting blue wing wrapped around Twilight and pulled her in. “Relax Twilight. Not everyone can start out awesome at bubbles like me. Besides, even I’ve had a lot of practice. I’ll even teach you!”

“Really?”

“Yep. It’s actually really simple. It’s all about breaths, lips, and tongue. You work it just right, you’ll have awesome bubbles in no time.”

Rainbow handed Twilight a piece of gum. “I know you want mine, but it’s best to start with a fresh piece. Plus... if you really want a taste.”

“Rainbow Dash! I’m trying to learn here!”

“Heh, can’t blame a mare for trying. You’re cute.”

Twilight blushed and popped the piece of gum into to her mouth. She worked her saliva into the sweet and chewy substance until it was soft and pliable. “Mmm.... okay. I think I’m ready. What do I do?”

“Well first, you need to form your lips like this.” Rainbow demonstrated. “Then you just form the gum around your lips while holding it place with your teeth and press forward with your tongue to soften it a little.” Rainbow winked at Twilight, “Then, you just blow... Nice and slow until it fills up.”

Twilight swallowed slowly. “I think I got it.”

“You were always a smart one.” Rainbow winked. “You going to show me now?”

“Uhm... not yet...” Twilight blushed more. “I need to do something first.”

Twilight went in for a taste. Better than bubbles. Definitely.

Author's Note:

Prompt: Bubbles