• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,328 Views, 55 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Hidden Power - Mudkipman98



Over the years of her life, Rainbow Dash has come across all kinds of magic, from the elements of harmony to transdimentional crossings. But now, a new challenge awaits her. Will she awaken a new power within to save her universe, or die trying?

  • ...
11
 55
 2,328

We're Heeeeeerre

Wednesdays! I love Wednesdays! Full of important events that often cause terrible amounts of death and destruction. But that's not what I like about them. Oh no. What I like about Wednesdays is how completely random and crazy they can turn out. Wednesdays are full of surprises. And that's just what it was. A surprise. A surprise to everypony who dared to look up on that fated Wednesday. For everypony that looked up could see a massive disk shaped ship moving toward the parks of Ponyville. Their initial shock soon faded. They thought it was just some teenagers pulling a prank with a remote controlled toy. Until it landed. It nearly crushed Colgate and Lyra as they were enjoying themselves in the grass. They ran from the scene screaming their heads off about the giant hunk of metal that had almost crushed them. Soon, the whole town was in a frenzy of panic. Characters that looked like ponies began exiting a ramp that had opened on the ship, with one pony commanding the rest.

"All right everyone. You know the rules. Each death must be an instant vaporization. No blood and no gore. We may be war crazy marauders, but we still have common decency." A few of the space ponies flew off using their energy to do so and ignored the rest of their commanders announcement. Instead of trying to stop them, the commander let them go to cause some early havoc.

Pulling out a bull horn, the leader pony continued. "*tap* *tap* Is this thing on? Okay then. For all of you defenseless civilians, you should be able to understand me. The translater chips inside our heads are helping us speak your language. If you feel that one of my men has harmed your dignity in his manner of killing you, please submit a complaint form to my brain after death. Thank you." Everyone who heard was thrown into an even greater state of panic, running as these beings who loved committing senseless destruction chased them through the streets.

The commander simply sat back and laughed as he watched the Ponyvillians homes being destroyed. Such terribly easy materials to blow up! Some were even more flammable than others. Stopping a moment to focus, he released his aura out across the world to see who would register as the strongest. That poor mare or colt would be pony barbecue when he found them.

He stopped himself when he picked up 6 auras coming from the other end of the town. They were strong enough to be recognized, but definitely not a threat. As his aura spreaded further, he found Canterlot and the 3 auras that radiated from it. All three were of extremely high strength, each with their own air of danger. One, which blazed a bright gold, was a sharp aura. Witty to say the least, and capable of dealing large portions of magic damage. The second was much softer than the first, being full of regrets yet carrying the same magic as the first if not more. The third was just plain confusing, with its aura bouncing around and changing so much that it was impossible to tell its strength without hands on experience.

Bingo.

His new goal was Canterlot. With its high leveled rulers, it would be fun, however easy. Compared to himself, these ponies were extremely low and without much talent at all. He suddenly began thinking about what that secret button did, and he hoped it was a big gun.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know. Another short chapter. This was all the words that were needed to establish the commander's goal and why he went the way he did.