• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,314 Views, 55 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Hidden Power - Mudkipman98



Over the years of her life, Rainbow Dash has come across all kinds of magic, from the elements of harmony to transdimentional crossings. But now, a new challenge awaits her. Will she awaken a new power within to save her universe, or die trying?

  • ...
11
 55
 2,314

Planning

"Damnit Lance! I thought you had the hyper mode function repaired!"

"I did, Master. I can't think of what might've happened to it!"

"Well hurry up and fix it. I don't want to stay on this broken planet anymore. The rest of the men aren't going to wait forever, and neither will I!"

"Yes sir. Just please, give me time. A delicate piece of equipment like this will take some skill, which will in turn take time to apply. Why don't you find another planet to conquer. I'm sure the galaxy is littered with them. One must have some sort of sentient life on it."

"Oh fine. But when I find one, you had better have that drive fixed, or I'll tan your hide and make you an example of those who annoy me with their incompetence."

"Yes sir. Right away, sir."

Leaving his below average henchpony to fix the hyper mode drive, the commander walked off toward the bridge to find a new planet. On his way there, he killed a few henchponies that messed up his favorite battle armor by shrinking it in the wash, and grabbed a bagel from his personal servant, whom he promised to kill every morning, yet never got around to it.

After arriving on his command deck and sitting in his favorite leather-padded chair, he began scanning the galaxy in a 1000 light year radius, searching for any life that he could destroy with passion. He needed something that would put up a fight. One that would give him a real run for his money. He searched late into the 5-mooned night and and half way into the next day.

And then, he found it.

A perfect patch of land that had an exceptional military force, if a bit outdated, what with the guards still using spears and standard magic. However, the military wasn't what caught his eye, but the lore surrounding the planet and it's pony population. It was said that two unicorn sisters controlled the rotation of the planet to help move the days by. There were also stories of a set of 6 weapons that had saved the planet more than enough times in the past 2000 years.

He thought of the endless possibilities if he had those weapons at his disposal. Oh, the wonderful conquest that he could partake in. The countless planets he could control. The never ending loyalty of his new subjects due to their fear of the dark stallion's power. It made him crazy just thinking about it.

Jumping up from his fancy leather chair, he charged off to see how the repairs had come with the hypermode drive which would allow upgrades to his weapons and restore the light speed function lost in the initial fight over the planet he had just conquered. On his way there, he picked up another bagel and stopped by the diagnostics center to check on the repairs to the ship. All in working order, and at 78% battle capacity. Just enough to dominate the new pony world that he had in his sights.

He arrived in the hypermode drive center in just a few minutes, ready to hear good news about the hyperdrive's condition. "In working order captain, just as you requested," replied Lance when asked about the drive's status. "You'll find that the weapon systems are ready to receive new upgrade data and that the light speed function has been repaired. Also, with the installation, I've added a special surprise just for you that will relay a gift to your command deck at the press of a button."

"It had better not be another pencil dispenser. The last time that happened, I got five new scars because of its malfunction causing it to shoot like a machine gun, and I had to kill the idiot who invented it. Oh, what a day that was."

Walking toward a viewing port, he said, "Lance, when we get there, I want you on the front lines with me. And, if you're good, I'll even let you deliver the killing blow to those Princesses that control the planet."

"Oh thank you sir! You shall not be disappointed!" replied Lance with glee.

"You'd better pray you're right Lance."

Author's Note:

Thanks for checking this story out, everyone. I wanted to let you know that I'm currently editing this story to improve the flow, pacing, and fix a couple of inconsistencies I missed when first publishing this story. So, if you notice any of those inconsistencies down the road, bear with me while I fix them. Thanks! :pinkiehappy: