• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 1,603 Views, 48 Comments

The Librarian and her Knight in crimson armor - Camlio



The sequel to Paging the Doctor. Marked Random due to inability to define more than a crossover.

  • ...
2
 48
 1,603

A Birthday to remember, part 2

Sorry for the wait, as a reminder I do not own any rights to Doctor Who/Whooves, My little Pony Friendship is Magic, and Blazblue. You may ask what Blazblue has to do with it... really? Read the Seeker's description in Paging the doctor and the weapon he got near the end and tell me you can't piece together who he looks like... Well on that note The Seeker/Crimson Knight is in fact a parody character made by me in the image of 'Ragna The Bloodedge' from the Blazblue game series his powers are similar but, more flame than darkness based. You'll understand the significance of why I point out that he's not Ragna later. Well enough gabbing for now! On with the show!

*****

Nurse Redheart had just entered room 47b of the Ponyville hospital to check on the patient that was admitted three weeks ago nearly dead from the attack of the Daleks. The patient was one Twilight Sparkle and if not for the Seeker's intervention she would have died there. Would being the operative word as the Nurse had come in today to give her the best news she's had in Three weeks. "Miss Sparkle, I'm pleased to tell you that your tests yesterday have checked out and your free to leave." The nurse said with a cheery smile. The smile soon spread to Twilight who moved shakily from her bed. "Thank you Nurse Redheart, by the way have you seen a stallion with a silver mane and strangely colored eyes around?" She said hopefully as the nurse smiled.

"Oh yes he was here this morning to check on you, he left you these flowers and said they were quite rare. Your quite the lucky mare having a dashing stallion like that as your colt-friend." She handed(hoofed?) the flowers to Twilight as she said this which caused Twilight's Lavender face to turn redder than Big Macintosh. "He's not my-" She attempted to say but, Nurse Redheart had already left the room to check on another patient. More embarrassed than ever she walked to the front desk to settle her bill. To her surprise the desk clerk, Nurse Tenderheart(I would think Redheart and Tenderheart would alternate.) said that a silver maned stallion with off-colored eyes had paid it in full this morning. The clerk also said he had instructed her to tell Twilight that he hoped to meet her at the cafe near the hospital for lunch.

With this news in hand she thanked the clerk and departed for the cafe having five minutes till lunchtime. Knowing where she was headed her stomach gave a low gurgle of approval at the notion of getting some food. She arrived at the cafe to see that the silver maned stallion was already there waiting patiently. "Hello again, thanks for the help the other day." Twilight said with a cheery and thankful tone as she sat opposite the stallion. "Your welcome, it's the least I could do... Besides I couldn't bear to see you hurt." The Stallion's voice had become slightly colder with the harshness of the world outside Equestria but, she could tell who he was a mile away. "Well thanks again anyways. I mean paying for my hospital stay, the flowers, inviting me to lunch? I could swear that next you were going to ask me out." She said in a slightly sarcastic tone near the end keeping the cheery tone throughout.

"Yeah, wouldn't that be something." The stallion looked away and into the sky as he said this his tone calm and collected. "I'm more or less here to pay back a debt, you saved my life and so I've saved yours. I think were even now." As the food he had ordered arrived she noticed he had only ordered for her and not himself. He settled the payment with the waiter and bowed to Twilight before leaving the cafe. "What happened to him? He used to be so kind, now he sounded like he was dead inside." Twilight said to herself with worry before eating the meal she had received. A simple sandwich but, filling none the less.

Later, at the Library.

"Twilight!" Six voices shouted in unison the most prominent being that of Spike who had ran up and hugged her crying. "Thanks everypony. It feels good to be up and about." She said while returning Spike's hug knowing what he must have gone through. "U-um where's that guy... the one who s-saved you." The meek butter colored Pegasus named Fluttershy said in her usual timid manner. "I don't know, he said he settled his debt and vanished... It was weird." Twilight said reflecting on what he said before leaving the cafe. "I'm not sure we should be trustn' 'im sugercube." Applejack said in her typical southern drawl. "I mean he's a great fighter ain't no doubts 'bout that, he just doesn't seem right in the head." A.J. said trying to take Twilight's mind off of the sadness that was evident on her face but, to no avail.

Spike suddenly gagged and burped a puff of green smoke that transformed into a letter in response to the one he sent about Twilight being released today. *Spike cleared his throat and reads the letter.* Dearest, Spike and friends I have sent this letter to express my relief to the welfare of Twilight Sparkle. Sadly that is not the only reason for this letter. Some time ago my sister had informed me of a Tear between two dimensions that took place three weeks ago. This was most likely the source of the Daleks that injured Twilight, alas they were not all that came through. The other visitor that appeared sealed the rift behind him and had a strangely similar look and the skills of a silver maned stallion with Heterochromia iridum (Different eye colors for those who want to know.) I'm sure you are all familiar with. They both seem to be resonating with the others memories and he is acting off of them so if you notice a change in our old friend then it's not really him.

After finishing the letter the girl's could only stand there with their jaws proverbially on the floor but, strangely after recovering from this news Twilight couldn't contain her excitement. The Stallion that she had confused the Seeker for was in fact not him but, an alternate. Which meant he didn't really speak with her today but, that left a question."Wait, if I spoke with the alternate-" Twilight was saying before being interrupted by spike. "Then wheres that Seeker guy?" While Spike had interrupted her she knew he meant well.

As if on cue a man stood in the doorway, the human was roughly 6'2" and wore a large crimson trench-coat, his hair was silver with gold highlights and his eyes were the signature off-eye colors of the seeker. While the Stallion's before were red and green, the seeker's where Blue and Brown.(Yes I know. I changed him on short notice but, you introduce a character yours is based off of into the and try not changing anything. See how far you get... I dare you.) Twilight cursed herself silently for not noticing the difference when speaking with the stallion before. She had been there the day he made those changes in fact, she made them at his request with her magic.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, had some trouble with-" Before he could finish his statement the man passed out on the floor. How he had taken this form was a mystery but, all Twilight needed to see was the key-chain plush of her attached to his weapon to know it was him. "Girls I need some water! Spike send a letter to the Princess asking her to come at once, it's an emergency." The rest of the Libraries occupants hurried to accomplish there assigned tasks as Twilight scanned The Seeker with magic for what could have caused this she noticed something. His body structure was genetically unaltered, meaning he had taken this form with a spell to grant him some sort of advantage. "Why?" Was all she could think to say before the girls had done as she asked and helped her treat him.

*****

The reason for this new form in the air, the mysterious figure that shared the Seeker's original appearance, and the Fact they both felt some unknown loyalty to Twilight. What puzzle could these pieces possibly fit? To find out stay tuned for A Birthday to remember, part 3. Till next time.