• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 6,494 Views, 202 Comments

The Queen Is Dead, Long Live the Queen - Diamond Sparkle



Rarity finds out that she is not who she thought she was at all...

  • ...
36
 202
 6,494

Saying Sorry

Princess Rarity sat in her royal chambers feasting on sweet pony love, which happened to be the love of Derpy Hooves for her daughter Dinky. The changeling who gathered that particular love just by walking by had recognised it as fit for royalty and gathered it into his hive stomach to give to his Queen. And it really did taste nice. "I wonder where my ambassadors are? I wish I had gone myself but it might not have been wise." Queen Primary replied "Going to Hive Chrysalis might well have been suicidal. And you might not have been believed if you had gone to see Princess Celestia in Canterlot. It's far safer to do it this way." A changeling came in, bowed low before the two monarchs and announced "I am sorry to disturb you but Queen Chrysalis and several of her entourage are waiting outside the Hive for you." Rarity sighed, summoned a few of her own Hive's soldiers and came to the main gate to see what the problem was.

"What is the problem this time?" Rarity said grumpily, expecting some complaint of some kind from Queen Chrysalis. Much to her surprise, Queen Chrysalis hung her head and bowed low in a clear sign of submission.

"Your Majesty, I am heartily sorry for all the trouble that I caused to you and every changeling in Equestria. If I can't make peace with you and with Princess Celestia, the other Queens have informed me that they will invade my territory and remove my Hive by force, to the point of killing every ling of mine that they can catch. They and their subjects are furious that I and my army broke the Changeling Way that keeps us safe, and in such a public fashion by attacking Canterlot. As a result their Hives are going hungry. But I can't just fly over to Canterlot and ask to talk to Princess Celestia or I'll be thrown into a dungeon or even worse. Maybe you can go and talk to her for me and a new way of changelings gathering love could be worked out?"

"As one of the Elements of Harmony, if any of the changelings have a chance of sorting this out it would be me, so I will see what I can do. It is not so much for your sake, as for all the other lings that will suffer or are suffering a love shortage because you had to get greedy and break the Changeling Way. That and I am a very generous changeling princess. But I will have to meet with the rest of my friends one by one and convince them that I am the real Rarity first of all, so that I can go with them to talk to the Princesses. Otherwise it will not go down much better for me then it would do for you. Did the other Queens give you a deadline?"

"Just twenty-four hours."

"Wow! Those other Queens are really cranky with you. I had better go now before you run out of time and end up fighting for your life. I'll be back within a day or two, I hope."

She decided that the first of the other five that she would tell would be Pinkie Pie , as Pinkie would be the pony who would be the most likely to be allright with it. Then Twilight and Fluttershy and finally Applejack and Rainbow Dash. She took the shape of a pegasus and set off to Ponyville, wondering how she could convince Pinkie that she was friendly. When she landed not far from Ponyville she quickly took the shape of the unicorn-Rarity and went to the bakery where she knew Pinkie would be.

"Pinkie, I have something you really need to know about, but you have to promise to hear me out, ok?"

"Okie-dokie-lokie, Rarity."

Rarity took a deep breath and then transformed in front of Pinkie Pie.