• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 2,508 Views, 162 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Pure Hearts - DeerTrax



Dovetail and Lilybloom, two mares from Stable 61, are the chosen ponies to be their stable's first scouting party to the world above. What they find will lead them on an epic journey full of hardships in the Equestrian wastes of the Frozen North

  • ...
10
 162
 2,508

Introduction

Fallout Equestria: Pure Hearts

Introduction

“I never knew what mutually assured destruction could be,

until you all shared its balefire with me.”

There are lessons that ponykind should learn, but can’t. Lessons that will never be learned, even after pony civilization tore itself apart.

During the Last Day of the Great War, megaspells from both sides covered much of the world in fiery and horrific destruction. The once magical land of Equestria became silent and dark in a matter of hours.

The story didn’t end there, though. A great number of ponies were able to seek refuge in the Stable-Tec stables. When they opened, the ponies inside spread out across the ruins of the old world to rebuild and start a new life. But something else had survived the cleansing balefire.

While ponies were susceptible to the taint spread by the magic super weapons, guns and ammunition – as well as the undying sins of ponykind – weren’t. It didn’t take long for those who had cheated death to bring those weapons to bear on each other once more. The Equestrian Wasteland became an even deadlier and more brutal place. Only the strongest and bravest were able to survive in this post-apocalyptic hell.

In spite of the destruction, isolated pockets of land were spared from the flames. Most of these places were no paradise though. They were unpopulated areas so harsh on their own that no pony was stupid or audacious enough to seek a life there. After the holocaust, these locations only got worse.

The frozen north is the largest of these spots. And also the harshest. North of the old city of Vanhoover, and spanning the entire northern border of the wasteland, it was a land of ice and snow-covered mountains. It was also a land of mystery. Rumours spread, and those rumours became legends. One of those legends told of a great power that was lost before that fateful day during the war, hidden in the veil of white. Nopony who went in search of those legends ever returned. Those that managed to survive the torrent of snow and freezing winds ended up hopelessly lost in the white-out.

A new legend has begun though. A legend that will follow a young mare and her best friend on their journey through this frozen waste as they seek out that power. But all legends have a beginning, some greater than others. This one, however, starts among the dull, gray metal walls in the depths of Stable 61...

Fallout Equestria
Pure Hearts

Author's Note:

**While I’ve done my best to make this piece new-reader friendly, a familiarity with the amazing original work, Fallout: Equestria, by Kkat may help your understanding of this story and the fantastic universe it is set in. Please check that out here if you so choose: |Link|**