• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 2,448 Views, 63 Comments

George 'Fixes' the season finale. - LucidTech



And to do so he must use the most powerful element of harmony. Exposition! Sequel to: Harbinger, Randomness of George.

  • ...
9
 63
 2,448

A Title that cleverly counters the previous one.

"Look, all I'm saying is this: Why is the Vanu Sovereignty even in the war? I mean I get the whole Republic vs Conglomerate thing, classic revolutionary battle, but the Vanu are just like 'we're just here to show off our technology.' I mean even if they do have a reason to fight either side shouldn't they just wait for the war to end and take advantage of their weakened foes? I just think it's silly that the smart techie people stuck their neck in is all," George said, looking around the table at each of the ponies and Discord. The general response to the rant was looks of confusion from the ponies and a clearly fake nod of understanding from Discord. Celestia merely looked eager to leave the room as soon as she possibly could.

"Naturally," Discord offered, fooling no one with his act. George smiled at the lie and leaned back in his chair.

"I fail to see why we are here George, I anticipated an explanation of some kind, but you haven't given me one," Celestia stated.

"I never promised one either," George countered. "I only wanted to have tea, that's hardly an issue I hope? I know that realities can differ from one another, but a Celestia who doesn't like tea would be like a Twilight who doesn't like books.” He took a sip from his teacup before he continued.

“And that would be a bad thing. I prefer my extremely magically inclined associates to be knowledgeable in the act of how to not blow people's minds apart on accident." That made several disgusted looks to come to the faces of the others as the image came to their minds unbidden. "Errr... metaphorically speaking that is." It was already too late, and now that they were trying to get it out of their heads it was proving to be quite stubborn.

"Oh, I know what will cheer you up. I know a guy, he was a huge hit with the princesses before, you guys will love him. Plus, the world is unstable enough from that massive explosion of harmonic energy that I can just pull him straight here!" He snapped his fingers and another biped landed on the ground behind him, face first to the floor. George spun around in his chair, quite a feat as the back of the chair would normally prevent such an act. "Hey buddy! Long time no see!"

The biped jolted up off the floor, revealing to the tea party that he was wearing an outfit very fitting for the occasion, white shirt and slacks. "George!?" He looked at his surroundings and backed up a few steps. "I was kinda in the middle of something big this time, not really a good time per se..."

He paused, seeing the black hat on George's head. "Oooohhhh, you aren't gonna go all vengeancey on me are you? That wouldn't go very well with the current situation..." He glanced around and then slowly began to make his way around the table to Fluttershy, the invincible meat shield, mainly because no one would try and hit it.

"Hey Cheesy Gor- I mean... Fluttershy, you don't mind if I chill behind you for a moment do you? Good, you're a great pony Fluttershy, keep it up." Fluttershy, of course, couldn't bring herself to respond to the complement. Everyone else seemed lost on what was going on, except for Pinkie Pie and Discord, who seemed to be all too enthralled to speak.

"Why would I want to go all vengeancy on you? We left on pretty good terms last time I thought. I mean you were a little freaked out, but I suppose that's only fair."

The suited biped scanned George's face for distrust or anger, and finding none played the situation as cool as he could. "Just... guessing I guess. I mean no offence but you can be... unpredictable at times."

"Nah, that's fine to say. Well, I suppose it's time for introductions then. Everyone this is En-"

"Lucid now, actually."

"Well that's a lot clearly than your old name isn't it?" George said with a wicked grin. "This is Lucid. He's a guy I summoned once and then didn't talk to for a long period of time... Wow, my friends list isn't that great is it?"

"Sorry about that," Lucid said subconsciously, then as he realized what he said he immediately regretted what he had said.

"Why are you sorry?"

"No reason." He said, taking care not to look at George.

"You need to calm down buddy, you're way too stressed. You're wrecking the whole party!" George announced. With a snap of his fingers he placed a hawaiian hat on Lucid's head and a smoothie in his hand.

Lucid attempted not to react to the appearance of the awesome hat on his head and the stellar drink in his hand, instead trying to worm his way out of whatever was going on. "Well as I said I was kind of right in the middle of something."

"Oh, I'll send you back then." Lucid looked like he was about to say something urgent but was teleported away before he could say anything at all. "Well that was fun huh?" George said excitedly, looking at the ponies only to realize how completely and totally lost they were. Pinkie and Discord started clapping though, so that's gotta count for something.

The shock quickly faded from the sun princess's face, leaving only by a look of wishing she was somewhere else mixed with the face of someone thinking really hard about what excuse they could use to leave without seeming like a liar or being unkind.

"Oh cheer up Celestia. Have some tea." George slid the unique white porcelain cup towards the ruler, who still hadn't taken a drink. In fact, of the beings around the table only George and Discord had had any. Each of the ponies were afraid they might offend Celestia, whose grouchy mood still hadn't dispersed. "It's just not like you, come on."

He slid the tea closer, the liquid somehow keeping a warm temperature despite being neglected, and Celestia turned her head away, George sighed in response. "I'm very sorry I ruined your grand moment Celestia, you have no idea. I know it doesn't seem like I'm being serious, especially since I haven't been up to this point. What would I have to do to repay you?"

"You would have to fix what you ruined. You may not have quite grasped it yet but the magic you gave to Twilight is incomplete. She will be an alicorn in name only, not in power, not in title." Celestia gazed at George angrily. "I wasn't trying to force anything onto Twilight, she is quite frankly the best student I have ever had. I would never do anything that would hurt her unless I knew it was for her greater good." She narrowed her eyes. "But you decided to break that magic, then you gave the shards back to Twilight and claimed you had fixed the situation. And all because you have some kind of angst against destiny."

The confrontation from Celestia set George back into his chair, still slouching slightly. He closed his eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm a mess without Entropy here," he stated. He tightened his eyes for a minute and leaned forward, catching his head in his hands on the table. After a moment of silence he spoke again. "Twilight, would you be fine if I fixed the magic? Made you permanently an alicorn?" He raised his head from his hands and looked to the element of magic with a level of seriousness that none of the beings at the table had expected to see.

Twilight made to turn her head to Celestia, to look at her before making her decision, but was stopped as George sprung forward onto the table and caught her head in his hands, forcing her to stare at him. He had moved too fast for anyone to follow his lunge, but at this point he very clearly had the teapot on top of his head, still steaming. "No. Don't think about what Celestia would want. I want you to make this decision for yourself." Twilight nodded, one of the few movements she could make with her head.

George crawled backward and the teapot fell back to the table, landing with a soft plink. Some salt shakers on a nearby counter held up little signs with '10' on them. George payed no mind to these and kept his eyes on Twilight even after he was settled in his chair once again. Twilight's thoughts began to whir inside her head as she thought about what she was choosing now. Her mind went to her friends, and she caught herself about to turn and look at them.

Her friends were the most important things in her life right now, Spike being counted among them. Would they treat her differently? Suddenly a princess, would they no longer be her friends? And would she be immortal? Would she have to give them up? But what if she didn't take the offer? Would she die and force them to despair for her? So many thoughts clouded her mind and she could barely manage to sort through them. George meanwhile sat back and took his black hat from his head, holding it in front of himself so he had a good view of it. He glanced at Discord and then to an empty chair by his side, but he remained silent.

"I..." Twilight spoke up, her gaze having slowly descended to stare at the table as she thought. "I'd like to be an alicorn."

George seemed bothered by that answer, and his face looked greatly perturbed, but to the onlookers it was quite odd. It didn't seem like he was regretting she had chosen to be an alicorn, but like there was some minor detail that he didn't like. He seemed to stop for a moment and glance to his hat once again. "Oh, right. Wrong person..." Was all he said before he placed the hat back on his head.

A slight smile wormed onto his face and he took a sip of his tea. "You're gonna carry that weight..." He ended the statement with both finality and with a sense that it would continue on, but he didn't seem to go into depth on what it meant. He tapped his cup against the table and the teapot slowly waddled over, pouring some tea into the cup, then he looked to Celestia. "I'm gonna need some harmonic magic, would you mind lending me some?"

"You want me to give you some of my magic?" The distrust was heavy in her voice.

"Chaos magic isn't that great at putting things together, so I need a sample of harmony magic from you in order to form the raw force of my magic into something more controlled," He stated simply.

Celestia glared at the man, but eventually her horn began to glow, and a thin stream of magic went to the man, his hands starting to spark as the forces collided with each other. After half a minute or so, the stream stopped and George nodded his thanks. He stood from his seat and made his way around the table with a steady, haunted gait. When he was next to Twilight he dropped into a crouch so he was at eye level with her.

"Close your eyes, please," He said, and Twilight did so. He slowly placed his hands against Twilight's temples, then closed his own eyes. Celestia immediately began to prepare a spell, her horn glowing a soft yellow, and Fluttershy looked to Discord, who nodded and smiled, reassuring his friend. Fluttershy smiled softly and settled slightly into her chair.

The sparks seemed to dance over Twilight's body during the process, moving through her fur and then disappearing from view. Then, slowly, Twilight began to glow hot white until she was completely obscured from view. Once the brightness had reached it's climax it suddenly shattered, sending the white away in a burst, the transforming magic passed through everyone in the room harmlessly, except for George, who sent flying away.

He flew through a wall, somehow leaving a perfect outline of his body behind as he was forced out of the room. The spell had finished and Twilight's body slowly came into view, a pair of indigo wings now decorating her back. The element of magic was on her head, having vanished from Discord's head at the completion of the spell.

Twilight was the center of attention, and no one seemed to notice that George was no longer in the room. Well, except for Twilight herself. "Where-?" She started but had her question answered when she noticed there was a view of Ponyville from the room. "Oh! Do you think we should go after him?" She turned to Celestia for an answer, but only saw a pleased and happy smile on her face.

"I'm sure he'll be fine," She stated, taking a sip of the tea in front of her for the first time. "I look forward to having tea with him later though, he was much better company than I gave him credit for." She took a second sip, the first one having tasted so good on her tongue, and she smiled a little more. "And he makes a very nice cup of tea." The surrounding ponies took sips from their own cup and at the end of the party one thing could be decided unanimously on, by ponies, draconequus, and tea set alike.

He certainly made a very nice cup of tea.


Lucid arrived right where he had been left. In the middle of a meeting. Now with the addition of a very large straw hat that bore several fruits on it. This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the nearby people. They all looked at him in surprise, both for his disappearance and his arrival with new headwear.

They all looked at him expectantly, and he could feel their growing need to figure out what had just occurred. His mind raced as he tried to come up with an explanation, then he had an idea that just might work. He took a long slurp of his smoothie, practically inhaling it, then began to give out cries of pain.

"Brain freeze. I'll be right back. You guys can go ahead without me, I'll go..." He realized suddenly that he couldn't think of what he needed outside of the room to cure his brain freeze. "Look up brain freeze cures on Google."

Silence hung in the air. "NAILED IT!" Shouted a voice from the back of the room.

"SHUT IT DAVE!"

Author's Note:

Staple hasn't edited this chapter, so I just gave it once over because I was too excited about putting it out for you guys.