• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 3,406 Views, 55 Comments

Halo: Homecoming - PSY



Twilight returns home after a year after disappearing, but is she still Twilight?

  • ...
6
 55
 3,406

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“My name is Twilight-149.”

Shock, that was all the ponies surrounding the Spartan were feeling. They were expecting their missing unicorn to come back all safe and sound. Instead they got a human giant saying that she was Twilight. The sudden shock of news only magnified when they all looked at her imposing appearance. The human stood at a height of 9 feet tall. This made everypony, including Celestia, have to look up at the giant. Her pale skin gave her a ghost like appearance which was only intensified when lightning flashed in the sky, causing Fluttershy to run and hide behind Rainbow Dash. The amount of scars on her face alone was enough for the Element of Harmony to slightly cower in fear, only the Princess’s stood their ground against the unwavering gaze of the Spartan. Only Pinkie seemed to be unfazed by the the human’s appearance. This was shown even more when she suddenly ran out to Twilight to give her a hug like it was old times. She was only stopped by the lightning quick reactions of the Spartan as she grabbed her before she even made contact.

“Hey, I don’t know who you are. But where I’m from running up to an unknown being is considered a death wish.” Twilight said as she brought the pink colored pony up to her scarred, unamused face. She then dropped her in front of her feet.

This only surprised the already shocked ponies even more. Even Pinkie was surprised by this sudden news. What did she mean ‘who they were?’ Didn’t she know them? Wasn’t she still their best friend?

“Twilight darling, don’t you recognize us?” Rarity asked.

“Sorry, don’t know any of you.” the Spartan responded as she walked back the crater to grab her helmet. She grabbed the rim on her helmet and slipped it back on her head, sealing with a click and thus hiding her pale face from the world yet again. “Thats better.”

Picking up her weapon, an S5 AM Sniper Rifle, she checked over herself to feel for any injuries and making sure all her gear was secured. Reaching into her sidepouch, she pulled out five clips for her sniper rifle. Seeing that they were all fully loaded, she put them back in her pouch. Feeling in her pouch, she fished out six magazines for an M6 sidearm. Realizing that she didn’t have her dual pistols on her thighs, she went back and jumped into the crater to try and find her missing weapons.

All the while observing the Spartan’s actions the ponies wondered what she was doing. They all huddled together in a small circle and tried to escape the Spartans ears. They then began to gather ideas on what was going on.

“Hey AJ, is this alien thing telling the truth?” Rainbow asked her.
“Ah hate to say it girls, but she wasn’t lying. That human is Twilight.” AJ said with a hint of sadness.

“Oh my, s-so you’re saying t-t-that Twilight i-is a...” Fluttershy stuttered.

“Yeah,” she said, finishing her friends sentence, “She’s a human or whatever she calls herself.”

“So she’s no longer a pony? Sweet Celestia thats horrible! That means that she can’t enjoy parties or cookies or cupcakes or anything we used to do! It’s all my fault! Why did I have to do what I did that day that turned her into what she is now? I’m such a horrible friend!” Pinkie shouted in one lung full.

“Pinkie, you’re not a bad friend and it’s not your fault that she became what she is now. None of us knew what could have happened to her on that day.” Celestia said trying to calm her down. “Besides, I have a plan.”

“And what is this plan of yours sister?” Luna asked her with curiosity.

“I’m going to use the memory spell she used on the Elements of Harmony from when Discord corrupted them and use it in her. That way she would remember us and forget whatever happened to her.”

“Thats a great idea Tia, but how are we going to convince this human to allow us to use a spell that could possibly change her life?” Luna asked.

“I think that will be a problem.” Rainbow hurriedly answered the Princess.

“Why is that?”

“I think she heard us, because she’s running towards Ponyville.” she replied with worry.

All the ponies ears fell at hearing this horrible news, thunder boomed in the distance. They all ran towards Ponyville as fast as they could. They had to find her before she caused a panic among the townsfolk, or they’ll lose her again in the resulting chaos.


As the Spartan ran towards Ponyville, she went over in her head what she had just heard from the ponies. She stopped running and hid at a nearby tree to recount everything she had learned from them. From what she heard, she was a friend or former resident of this colorful world and one of the ponies asked the pony named AJ to confirm if her name was really Twilight. It was at that time that she found her missing pistols and, after securing them to her thighs, peeked out over the crater edge to listen on the whispering ponies.

“... memory spell she used on the Element of Harmony from when Discord corrupted them and use it on her. That way she would remember us and forget whatever happened to her.”

That was enough information for Twilight to book it out of there. No way was she going to let that pony use a memory spell on her and possibly wipe her clean. She needed her experience of combat and survival skills to survive on this world and possibly find a way back to Earth. Losing that knowledge meant she might be stuck on this planet for years before the UNSC could find her. No way was she going to let that happen.

Peeking over her tree, Twilight used her suits binoculars to look into the nearby town to see for any population. Upon seeing that the streets were filled with ponies in rain garbs, she decided that to avoid a panic among the townsfolk she would have to sneak either through or around the town. Choosing the latter she was about to make her move until she saw that the original group of ponies she had encountered.

Seeing that going around was not an option, she decided to try and sneak through the town. Checking her gear to make sure she had everything she noticed something she had forgotten. Her current armor ability was an active camouflage she got from the UNSC Infinity’s armory before she left with the Master Chief on his mission to stop the Didact from retrieving the Composer.

“Perfect” she said to herself. Activating the device she soon became nearly invisible to the naked eye. After looking over herself she began her trek into town, hoping not to get spotted.


The ponies started to search for her on the outskirts of Ponyville. Rainbow checked from the sky to see if she can spot her from above while the rest searched the fields and outlying roads. Celestia had sent Luna back to Canterlot to tell Shining Armor and Candace about Twilight and to come help confront her once they had found her.

“Gah! I can’t find her anywhere! How can you lose someone that tall?” Rainbow told Princess Celestia when she came back from her aerial sweep of Ponyville.

“I don’t know where she could be. It’s not like she can blend into the crowd or something. Not with that horrid outfit she’s wearing!” Rarity said with disgust.

“Um... girls?” Fluttershy tried to put out.

“I mean she was like what? 10 hooves tall?”

“girls?”

“And that armor she was wearing, purple and black do NOT go together.”

“Girls?”

“Seriously! She was a freakin...”

“Girls!” Fluttershy shouted.

“Yes Fluttershy, what would you like to say?” Celestia said to the shy pony.

“Where’s Pinkie?”

Looking around, everypony saw that the party pony was nowhere in sight. Fearing the worst, they ran into town hoping to find the bouncing ball of pink fur before she started a panic.


‘Okay, I’m almost on the other side of town, just a couple more blocks till I’m through.’ Twilight thought to herself. She had a close encounter with a bunch of ponies with different flowers on their flanks when she shook one of their flower carts while trying to get through the market district. The one with a rose cutie mark came to see what shook the cart but upon seeing nothing they continued on their trip to the market.

She was almost clear of the town when her motion sensor picked up a single individual coming up on her from behind. When she turned around to combat the oncoming threat she was tackled to the ground and wrapped in a strong hug, deactivating her camouflage unit in the process.

“There you are Twilight,we have been looking everywhere for you! My Pinkie Sense told me that I would find one of my friends in the market and that she would be hard to find and then I saw a moving shimmer and I assumed it was you and I wanted to tell you to wait so that the Princes could use a spell to give your memories back and...” Pinkie said with one lung full.

As this was happening the surrounding ponies had noticed the thud of a 1000 pound Spartan being tackled down by the towns resident party pony and the latter talking her head off to the super human. All they did was stare in fear of what was happening in front of them. It was at this point that the flower pony named Daisy screamed at the top of her lungs.

‘ALIEN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!”

This resulted in the entire town to go into a panic. Ponies everywhere fled for their homes or the nearest building to hide in. While Pinkie was trying to calm the hysteric crowd the Spartan slipped out in the resulting chaos. Running toward the nearby forest, she disappeared from sight.


The rest of the group came running towards the sound of screaming and panic to see that the whole main street was empty. The only one out was Pinkie Pie who was sitting in the middle of the street. Rainbow Dash flew up to her friend to ask what happened.

“Pinkie what happened here?” She asked her.

“I found Twilight, but when the town saw her they all started to panic and ran away. I lost her in the confusion of trying to calm everypony down.” Pinkie answered with a sad tone.

“Which way did she run off to?” Celestia asked.

“She took off down the street towards the Everfree Forest.”

This got everypony worried. If they lost her in the forest then there was no way they would be able to find her again. They all took off to the forest in haste in hope catching up to her in time.


Meanwhile over in a clubhouse in Sweet Apple Acres, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were planning what to do next for their cutie marks. Applebloom suggested rapping, Sweetie Belle said no and then suggested rock climbing. This continued on for a while until the third member, Scootaloo, burst in through the door.

“Girls guess what!?” she shouted. “I know what we could get our cutie marks in!”

“What is it this time Scoots?” Sweetie asked her.

“I was in town on my way here when I heard the town screaming the word Alien over by the market. So I went over there and I think I saw the alien run out towards the Everfree Forest. You know what this means?” she asked the other crusaders,

They all inhaled at the same time and shouted simultaneously.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADER ALIEN CATCHERS YEAH!”

With this they grabbed their capes, boarded their wagon that was attached to Scootaloo’s scooter, and took off towards the forest, hoping to earn their cutie mark

Author's Note:

Edited by The Journeyman

Comments ( 34 )

Wait in the first chapter you said her armor was green why is it purple and black now? Also faving because I believe its worthy of liking.

PSY

2199094 I changed it because the purple suited her better than green

2199103 Suited... haha...

Hey author, I think i may have a good pic for you. PM me for more details.:twilightsmile:
In other news, good chapter. I wonder where this will go from here. Keep up the good work.:pinkiehappy:

PSY

2199457 CMC plus Spartan equals trouble

:rainbowkiss:ZOMFG POST MORE CHAPTERS ASAP!:rainbowkiss:

you say in the first chapter her armor is purple and grey why does rarity say its purple and black?

Hey man, great chapter. I like how this is developing. There is just one thing I would like to point out:

Picking up her weapon, an S5 AM Sniper Rifle, she checked over herself to feel for any injuries and making sure all her gear was secured. Reaching into her sidepouch, she pulled out five clips for her sniper rifle. Seeing that they were all fully loaded, she put them back in her pouch.

Now, it's not a big deal and it's was probably was just a mental lapse considering you used the correct term in the sentence afterword, but I do believe the Human Sniper Rifle is magazine fed.

PSY

2206023 She's a two. So she has no idea who the ponies are

cdn.styleforum.net/3/31/31e871cd_Go_On.jpeg

this fic is brilliant such a nice take on the hole 'twilight gets teleported away' story since she completely changes here.

i don't think the memory spell has to wipe her memory applejack remembered what had happened to her

2207077 didn't she get here by manually detonating a nuke? only two Spartan IIs (sam & john)have done that and only one has mk VI armour (compatible with AA)

The human stood at a height of 9 feet tall.

9 feet tall...

Master Chief was only 7 feet and 2 inches tall in his armor. Even Jorge-052 was 8 feet tall(In armor of course)! Twilight just can't be taller than that. :ajbemused:
I'd say for her: about 6 ft 8 in to 7 ft 0 in.
Other than that, it's pretty interesting. I'd like to see where this goes.

Comment posted by megamanzero deleted Mar 14th, 2013
Comment posted by megamanzero deleted Mar 14th, 2013
Max

This is new, you got my attention!

2207077
this is kinda weird though as she had only been gone a year yet she went through training with the chief meaning she was there when he was a child, went through the augmentation, was on reach when It fell, and helped blow up the halo ring killing the flood, then floated through space for 4 years before coming out of cryo. yeh something just doesn't add up and is annoying me.

When is the next part coming out because I just read both parts and I want to see more of this

need new chapter. just read them both for the fifth time since it came out and i need more

Need more chapters please.

Almost forgot to favorite XD

Would it be insulting if you gave Twi Unicorn armor? You know, FOTUS.

Hello are you still alive!

Wait is twilight a Spartan 2 or 3 she sure as hell ain't a Spartan 4? (p.s. the reason why twi ain't a Spartan 4 is because a Spartan 4 is supposed to have a full name not a word and numbers.)

Update, please. I want to see where this goes

I see a major flaw in their plan to erase Twilight's post portal memories to regain her pre portal memories. Even if they did bring her memories back, not only woulfpd she still be human, but she would still have her SPARTAN augmentations and unable to control her strength, so returning her memories would do more harm than good.

Don't know how I misspelled would.

Please keep going:fluttercry:

Perhaps time moved much faster for twilight so what was a year for the ponies was the entire Covent war for her and I think she's a spartan 2.

You know if celestia that abit different like say "we can use the memory spell to help her remember who she was" then it be less trouble

9350396
Nah, I think that the time flow is normal, maybe due to that the portal was incomplete, she arrived at the begining of the Spartan-II recruitment, so for me this will be the time línea

2556 - portal problema
2517 - Twilight arrived to the S-II recruitmentment
2557 - Didact's fight, Twilight-149 returns

Login or register to comment