• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 21,572 Views, 3,440 Comments

The Thousand Year Change - Darthvalgaav



After seeing what happened when she accidently changed her friends destinies, Twilight is curious about about the 'what if'. Like, for example, what if Luna had ponies a thousand years ago who noticed her.

  • ...
125
 3,440
 21,572

PreviousChapters Next
Motherly Advice

Shining Armor let out a soft groan as he laid on the couch in Twilight’s living room. On his face were two ice packs that hid his bruised face from the rest of the ponies in the room. After a moment, he felt the more melted ice pack lift off his face. Opening an eye slightly, he saw that it was Shadow who was replacing it. However, he didn’t have to drop the new one on his face.

“Ouch!” cried Shining. “Can’t you be a little gentler? I’m injured here.”

Shadow snorted. “You had it coming,” said the bat pony as he walked back into the kitchen. “You’re just lucky Twilight left when she did, or else she’d still be beating your sorry flank.”

“You should have stopped her,” noted Shining.

“And get on Twilight’s bad side?” asked Shadow, right before he shivered in fear. “Not a chance in the void. Besides, you deserved it!”

As he walked back into the family room, he had with him a few drinks that he carried on his back. First, he gave two of them to the two fillies that were looking through picture books on the floor. Shadow knew it was late and Scootaloo should have been in bed, but the incident with the virgin alarm had shaken up the orange pegasus pretty badly. So, Shadow felt it best not to force her to sleep just yet. Also, he felt since there was another filly in the house, Scootaloo wouldn’t want to go to sleep anyways.

Once the two girls were given their drinks, Shadow gave the last glass to Cadence. After Twilight had left, the pink alicorn had explained to him who she was and what she was doing on the moon. Shadow listened to her, while watching for any tells that might signify that she was lying. Averting her eyes, twitching her wings, or any of the usual signs. After finding none, he decided that there was no harm in letting her see Twilight’s home.

He showed her Scootaloo’s room, but not before showing her the kitchen, so that the princess could see that they were eating right. After that, the two of them sat down so that Cadence could ask him a few questions. What did Twilight do for a living? Could she support the two of them? What was Twilight planning on doing about Scootaloo’s education? All of these questions felt very standard to Shadow, so he eventually began to relax in the presence of this new princess.

As this went on, Scootaloo and Midnight were looking through various picture books on the floor. At first, Midnight was a little afraid to be around a new pony like Scootaloo, due to her past. However, it seemed like Scootaloo didn’t care what kind of wings she had, or that she had slit eyes. She treated her like she was just a regular pony, allowing Midnight to relax around her.

“Your mom seems real nice,” said Scootaloo out of the blue.

“Thanks,” said Midnight, unsure as to how to respond. She wanted to say the same thing, but the image of Twilight levitating Mr. Shiny in the air, before slamming him face first into the wall appeared in her head. Not wanting to make her new friend upset, however, she decided to be honest. “I bet your mommy is nice, too. A little scary, but nice.”

When Scootaloo heard this, she felt something warm rise in her chest. It was the first time somepony had ever really referred to Twilight as her mother. Sure, after Twilight adopted her, she said that she would be like a mother or big sister, but no other pony had said anything yet. And, after hearing it, it felt so right, so natural to begin thinking of Twilight as her mother.

“Yeah,” said Scootaloo as she turned the page with a small smile. “She is.”

Just then, the door opened and in walked Twilight. All the heads in the room turned to look at her. She looked really tired and her mane was slightly undone. However, she did her best to smile at everypony and show that she was alright.

“Welcome home,” said Shadow, walking over to kiss his fiancé on the cheek. “Is everything ok?”

“I don’t really know,” admitted Twilight. “Princess Luna was really worked up. She just left to go somewhere and asked me to inform the Senate. Most of them just seemed to accept, but wanted to know if she’s alright.”

“Will she be ok?” asked Scootaloo before she let out a yawn.

“I think she will,” said Twilight hopefully. Then, a small, playful smile appeared on her face. “But, don’t you think it’s a little for you to be up?”

“That’s our fault,” said the pink alicorn as she walked towards Twilight. “Hi, I’m Princess Cadence of Equestria. It’s nice to meet you.” Smiling, Cadence extended her hoof.

Twilight looked at it for a moment, but made no sign that she would accept it. She didn’t trust this ‘Princess of Equestria’. Not after what Princess Celestia had done to Princess Luna. Slowly, Cadence’s smile faded as she lowered her hoof.

“Ah, Twilight,” whispered Shadow. “She’s here to check on Scootaloo’s living conditions. You know, to make sure she has everything she needs. If everything doesn’t check out, then she will have to ask that Scootaloo be returned to Equestria. She told us that Princess Luna gave her the ok earlier today.”

Hearing this, the purple mares eyes widened in shock. She was here to check on Scootaloo? Why hadn’t any pony told her? She felt sure that the place was a mess. Then, there was the way that she attacked Shining Armor. Not to mention the way she was treating her guest so rudely.

“And, I can see that everything is in order,” said Cadence after seeing the shock and fear that suddenly appeared on Twilight’s face. “After you left, Captain Shadow Blade here was very kind as to answer all my questions, as well as showing me your lovely home. I can see that she is in good hooves.”

“I am sorry,” said Twilight quickly. “It’s just that-”

“Relationships between Equestria and the Lunar Republic aren’t at their best right now,” interrupted Cadence. To her great surprise, Twilight shook her head.

“It’s not that,” said Twilight. “Well, that is sort of right. Maybe half right. But that’s not why I reacted the way I did just now.”

Cadence raised an eyebrow as the purple mare took a breath. Then, she slowly began to tell them all about what had just happened to the moon princess. She didn’t go into too much detail about the dream, feeling that it was a very personal thing for Luna. She did, however, inform them that Celestia had forced Luna into a very painful memory dream and what happened when she woke up.

As she talked, the adults in the room became very quiet. Shadow began to grind his teeth as he listened to the ordeal. Shining Armor got off the couch and began to pace back and forth.

Princess Cadence’s reaction was the worst. She looked completely outrage. Her eyes narrowed as she dug her hooves into the ground. She couldn’t believe that her aunt would do something like that. It was beyond cruel to dig up such memories and force her sister to sit back and watch them like some sick play.

Twilight continued to tell everypony about the state she had found Luna in. That she had begun to question herself. That she had left to go and speak with somepony, and had would be gone from the Republic for an unknown amount of time.

“I guess I better get to Dome Zero, then,” said Shadow with a sigh. “Once the senators get there, I’m sure Gigawatt will try to convince the rest of the Senate to do something rash, like declare war. If he does, then I’ll have to remind him that only the princess can initiate a war vote.”

The bat pony then walked over to his fiancé and whispered in her ear. “Sorry I can’t stay, but maybe you can find that virgin alarm while I’m out.” He then kissed Twilight real quickly on the cheek before heading out the door.

“I’d better go as well,” said Cadence. She gave Twilight an ‘I’m sorry’ look as Shining Armor and the bat pony filly got up as well. “I need to speak to my aunt about this…this mess! Please tell Princess Luna I had no idea what Celestia was planning.”

“I’m sure she knows,” said Shining. “If she did suspect you, then she would have left orders for your arrest.” He then gave her a small smile, which she returned. “Now don’t you worry, I’ll make sure that the two of you get back home safe and sound. No cannons.”

-x-

Big Mac silently walked through the Everfree Forest by himself. Normally, he would be in bed sound asleep. Yet, during the night, he had gotten up to use the restroom. Once he had done his business, he had looked out the window to see smoke coming up from the forest. Worried there might be a fire or something, he decided to go check it out. If it was a fire, he needed to inform the town, so that they could put it out before something horrible happened.

As the large stallion walked slowly between the trees, he began to wish that Applejack was here with him. Not that he couldn’t handle something like this without her, it was just that he missed her since she headed off to Canterlot. With her leaving so suddenly, he was left to take care of Apple Bloom, Granny Smith and the farm by himself. Sure, Apple Bloom was trying to help pick up the slack, but she just wasn’t strong enough to help out with all the big things that needed to be done.

A sudden noise off to the side interrupted the red stallion’s thoughts. Turning his head and squinting his eyes, he began to look for the source. At first, all he could see were dark trees with crickets chirping away in the background. Then, a few heart beats later, he heard the noise once again.

Whatever it was, it sounded close by.

Slowly, he began to walk in the direction he believed he had heard it. With each step, he scanned the area, until finally he came upon a patch of tall grass. Using one hoof, he pushed it out of the way to reveal a figure lying in the middle.

He had seen this mare before. It was hard not to recognize the black and white stripes of a zebra. But, mixed with the stripes was blood that caked parts of her fur. There were also several bruises and one of her eyes was swollen. It took all of Big Mac’s might not to vomit.

Big Mac’s ears stood up as the sounds of galloping hooves filled the air. Not knowing what to do, the red stallion let go of the grass and turned around to face whoever was approaching him.

Less than a minute later, a bright yellow stallion with an orange afro mane stopped in front of him. Around his neck was a large red polka dot tie. In one hoof was a large rubber chicken as long as a shovel that looked a lot like the cutie mark on his flank. Big Mac blinked in surprise. It was Silly String, the stallion who ran the joke shop.

“Big Mac, is that you?” asked Silly String.

“Eeyup,” replied the red stallion. It was then that Big Mac noticed the scent of hard cider on Silly’s breath. It was pretty strong, too.

Silly let out a sigh of relief. “That’s good to know. For a moment, I thought you might be a minion of the evil enchantress. By the way, what are you doing out here?”

Wordlessly, Big Mac pointed upwards towards the sky. Silly looked up and spotted a bit of the smoke that could still be seen.

“Oh, I see,” sheepishly replied the joke shop pony. “Really sorry about that. I suppose you want to know what’s going on?”

“Eeyup,” came the reply.

“Well, me and several of the guys were down at the pub when Miss Foster came in,” began Silly String. “Poor mare was crying into her cider before she even took a sip. Me and the others did our best to cheer her up, but nothing worked. Not even my collection of knock-knock jokes! But, I guess I won’t be in a smiling mood if I had a filly who had just been foalnapped!”

Big Mac’s eyes widened at this revelation. He had known Miss Foster since he was a young colt. The poor mare loved all the fillies and colts that lived under her roof like they were her own. She worked hard to make sure they were well cared for as if she were their real mother.

“After she told us what was wrong, we did our best to reassure her that the poor filly was alright,” continued Silly. “But, she insisted that Scootaloo, that’s the filly’s name by the way, was in serious danger because she believes that those lunar ponies took her. On her way out, she said she was going to send another letter to the princess.

“As for the rest of us, well, we didn’t know what to do. Couldn’t go to the moon, that’s for sure. But then, Icy Cold pointed out that it might have been Zecora who took her.

“After talking about it for a bit, we got a few more stallions together and went to confront her at her home. Scary place, I tell you. Full of evil looking masks and such. When we got closer, we heard her talking in a weird language over a bubbling cauldron.

“So, we broke down the door and demanded that she tell us where the filly was. She started to talk in gibberish rhyme, so Icy suggested that we might have to get a little physical with her, while some of us looked around her place. We didn’t find anything, but we decided we’d better not take any chances so we burned the place down. That’s when the enchantress snuck away. By the way, have you seen her?”

Big Mac hesitated for a moment as he looked back at the tall grass. He knew the things that ponies said about Zecora. Pinkie Pie had even made a song about her that the stallion heard before, around the time that the enchantress first came to town.

However, his recent experience with the bat pony Shadow had caused him to start rethinking everything about what others had said. He didn’t know anything about Zecora. In fact, no pony did! Everything that he knew about her was rumors. If he gave Zecora over to them, there was a good chance they might kill her, despite the fact that she might be innocent.

“Nnope,” said Big Mac, realizing what he had to do.

“Ok then,” said Silly as he walked in the opposite direction. “Hey, if you see Pinkie Pie, tell her to swing on by my shop. I got a great deal on some new merchandise that I know she’ll love.”

Once Silly String was no longer in sight, Big Mac waited an extra moment or two before parting the grass once again. He watched Zecora for a moment as her chest rose and fell, signaling to the stallion that she was still alive. Carefully, he picked her up before placing her genteelly on his back. Giving the area around him one last look, Big Mac raced back to the ranch as if timberwolves were on his tail.

-x-

It was late in the night, but Celestia’s court was still very active. After finding out about the murder of Hard Shell, Princess Celestia had called all of her nobles for a very important meeting. For once, not a single one of them complained. They knew that if a griffon assassin would strike in the heart of the capital, there was a good chance that war would soon follow.

Only a few ponies, however, believed that it might be the work of a single individual rather than the will of a nation. They were quick to point out that, despite there still being major issues between both countries, the majority of the griffons were against the idea of war right now, including Emperor Eagle Eye.

Sitting on her throne, Celestia listened carefully to every suggestion. Some ponies believed that they should begin a search of the area and arrest all griffons. Others suggested that they raid the griffon embassy to search for clues. Then, there were those who believed that they should launch an immediate attack and take the griffons by surprise. As she listened, the princess did her best to think about each option that was tossed around, as she tried to figure out what would be their best option.

It was only when a sudden flash of light appeared in the middle of the room, that it became as silent as the grave. Guards rushed to protect the royals. Those already at the scene could use magic-created barriers, while others used their shields. But, when the light died down, they all saw that Cadence was standing in the middle of where the light had been, while Midnight lay on her back.

“Cadence, thank the sun your back!” cried Celestia as she stood. However, Cadence looked at her rather coldly. “Is something the matter?”

“Yes, Princess Celestia,” said Cadence in an angry tone. Celestia’s jaw opened and looked like she had just been slapped. The use of her title, as well as her tone, told the solar princess that something must of had happened on the moon.

After a moment, Celestia cleared her throat before addressing the room. “I believe that we are all a little tired right now. Let’s take an hour break.” One by one, the nobles shuffled out of the room, until only the three princesses remained. It wasn’t until the door closed that Celestia spoke once more. “I take it something happened on the moon?”

“Something happened alright,” Cadence all but snarled. “I went up there to talk to Princess Luna to see if she had any advice on helping the bat ponies. In time, we could have come up with a plan, or a way to explain why some pegasi are born as bat ponies. But then, you had to invade Princess Luna’s dreams! The few ponies that know about it right now are furious! I’m just glad none of them suspected us of being accomplices!”

“Did Luna do anything?” asked Celestia with a hint of worry.

Cadence shook her head. “No, she left after Twilight Sparkle talked to her. According to her, Luna left the Republic to talk to some other pony.”

Celestia let out a sigh of relief as a small smile appeared on her face. “That’s a relief. It looks like everything is going according to my plan.”

“Plan?!” roared Cadence. “This is all part of your plan? I don’t think you realize what you have done! From what Twilight Sparkle said, Luna was found in the corner crying her eyes out! And if Shining Armor hadn’t been there, then I might have been suspected as an accomplice! So please, enlighten me, how is this all part of your plan?”

“My plan was to remind Luna about our childhood,” said Celestia softly as she walked over to one of the stain glassed windows. On it was the image of the royal family, back when all four of them were still together. “I wanted Luna to remember who originally fought for her, so that she could become co-ruler. If she didn’t come to her senses right away, I knew that she would go to her eventually. It’s what she always does when she gets really upset or needed to be reassured.”

“I don’t believe this,” uttered a dumbfounded Cadence. “How could you do that?”

“She left me no choice,” noted Celestia. “She refused to talk to me, or answer any of my letters. We don’t have time for her to be stubborn. There is a crisis looming ever closer to us, and I need her here.” Celestia then turned her head to see that Cadence was slowly walking away. Then, right in front of the door, she stopped.

“I once defended you,” said Cadence without turning around. “I defended you in front of Princess Luna. She was so angry at you for letting things get so out of control with the bat ponies. Now…I’m beginning to regret that.” With that, Cadence opened the door and walked out without letting Celestia say a word.

Celestia sighed and turned to walk toward another stained glass window. She stopped in front of one depicting a large kingdom that wasn’t Canterlot, but of the Crystal Empire. She stood there, looking at it for a moment as she remembered back on the years before Celestia and Luna attacked Sombra.

Luna had wanted to go right away, but Celestia refused. Despite the horrors that they both knew were going on in there, it would make them look like invaders. She needed proof that Sombra was up to something, so she could justify the attack. So, while she had her talks with the Emperor, the spies she had sent in secretly could uncover anything she could show to the other nations, to justify attacking the Crystal Empire.

This was kept completely secret. While she trusted Luna completely, she wanted to make sure as few knew about this, in case Sombra also had spies in Equestria. So, while this was going on, and Luna kept insisting that they attack the Crystal Empire, all Celestia could say was ‘trust me’.

It wasn’t until three years later, that they finally came back with something. They had found out that Sombra had discovered a rare gem that could enhance his magical powers to the level of an alicorns. This had been the reason for the forced labor within his empire, searching for more of these gems. Luckily, he had only found one so far. He had attached it to a necklace and called it the Alicorn Amulet.

Realizing the danger of this gem, her spies stole it and began to head home. Yet, as they traveled back to Canterlot, something happened. Exactly what, the sun princess didn’t know. All of them, along with the amulet, vanished. However, they had sent her proof, via magical fire, before they departed from the Crystal Empire. Most of them were documents with Sombra’s seal on them, with details on the crystal as well as battle plans to attack Equestria and the surrounding kingdoms.

After receiving this information, Celestia went to tell Luna that they were going to attack Sombra together. Sadly, Luna had already lost her patience and gone on ahead. The sun princess eventually caught up with her sister and the two managed to defeat Sombra. As the battle neared its end, Luna charged up her magic to kill the tyrant.

Celestia, wishing to show mercy, stopped her. She watched as Luna reluctantly helped turn Sombra into a shadow before banishing him. Yet, before they could finish, the evil emperor cast one finally spell on the empire that caused it to vanish.

Once it was all over, Luna lashed out at Celestia. How if they had just attacked when they first found out, or if they had just killed him when they had the chance, the Crystal Empire would still be standing. Celestia stood there as Luna yelled at her, not saying a word. She wanted to explain to her sister her reasons, but wanted to wait until she felt the time was right. But, that day never came.

Now she felt as history was repeating itself. There had been no real time to explain to Cadence what she was doing. Did she really think that Celestia wanted to do this? There was no other choice!

Luna wouldn’t listen to her, nor would she see her, without shooting her out of a cannon. If she tried showing her positive memories of the two of them in her dreams, then Luna surely wouldn’t have come back. She would have believed that Celestia was just trying to manipulate her.

So, Celestia had to get crafty. She had to break Luna, so that she couldn’t think straight. Cause her to doubt herself and go to somepony that she knew cared about her to reassure her. Celestia had slightly hope that it would have been her, but all hopes of that happening vanished, when Luna realized that she had been behind this.

Celestia had, however, prepared for that. That was why she chose that memory. Luna would go to their mother to seek her love and guidance, asking her what she should do.

Then, she would return to Celestia.

-x-

Meanwhile, Cadence fumed as she walked down the corridors. She still couldn’t believe what her aunt had done. Why couldn’t she just wait a while for her sister to cool down, and then talk to her? Really talk to her like she was an adult, and stop with these mind games and half-truths.

“Ah, there you are, Princess Cadence,” said a voice that Cadence really didn’t want to hear right now. She turned her head to see Blueblood walking down a different hallway towards her. “I have been looking all over for you.”

“What for?” asked Cadence, wanting to get away from him as quickly as possible. Blueblood wordlessly produced a letter from his coat and handed it over to the pink princess.

“I found this letter in Hard Shell’s desk,” he said as Cadence began to read it. “I don’t know if anypony has told you yet, but our dear Captain of the Guards was murdered a few short hours ago. This letter isn’t relevant to the investigation, but it is relevant to your little crusade to help the bat ponies. Something about bat ponies near a new settlement called Appleloosa. I think you should handle this one yourself.”

“And what are you up to?” asked Cadence immediately.

“Why whatever do you mean?” asked Blueblood.

“You know exactly what I mean,” said Cadence in a short tone. “You don’t care about Appleloosa or bat ponies. There is nothing in it for you. You could have just left it in the desk, or had some other pony deliver it to me.

“But, instead you brought it to me yourself, meaning that you wanted to make sure I got it. The only time you do anything around here is when it affects you in some way. So tell me, what are you up to?”

“Why nothing,” answered Blueblood in his normal voice, like this was nothing out of the ordinary. “There is a crisis and a possible war coming up. We simply don’t have the troops to help in a messy genocide. Fewer troops on the battlefield mean it’s more likely that we will lose.”

“Meaning the more likely your life of luxury will be at an end,” said Cadence bluntly.

“I suppose you could put it that way,” admitted Blueblood.

Cadence could literally feel like he wasn’t telling her the complete truth. There was something going on that she couldn’t put her hoof on. Knowing her aunt, she would take this sudden change of character as a sign that he was finally living up to his title of prince. But, Cadence knew better than to trust anything he said. Sadly, she had no proof that he was up to anything and the letter looked very real.

“Very well, then,” said Cadence. “I’ll be heading out right away.”

“Wouldn’t you rather wait till morning,” asked Blueblood. “You could get some sleep, as well as take some of guard.”

“No,” said Cadence. “This matter is too important to wait. I will rest in my chariot and take members of my own personal guard.”

“Very well,” said Blueblood as Cadence walked away. Once she was out of sight, a smile appeared on the prince’s face. Now she’d be out of the way for a while. This would help his own plans greatly.

-x-

“Luna, would you like some more seaweed casserole?” asked Oceana as she looked at Luna’s mostly eaten plate. The moon princess shook her slightly greener face no. It turned out that her mother hadn’t cooked a meal for anypony in over a thousand years. But, when her daughter came to see her, she decided the best way to celebrate was with a home cooked meal.

Right now, the two alicorns were in the servant’s kitchen. It was a small room with an underwater oven that used lava to heat the food. There was also a small, round table big enough for three or four ponies. Finally, there was also a sink that was next to a cabinet that held all the dishes. A room like this gave a cozier feel than the grand dining hall.

“T-that’s alright, mother,” said Luna after she gulped down the last of the ‘food’. “I wasn’t that hungry, anyways.”

“Alright, sweetheart,” said Oceana as she took Luna’s plate with her magic. In the process of doing this, she noticed that Luna was tensely checking the door. “And, don’t worry about your father. He doesn’t live here anymore. We got a divorce a long time ago.”

“What happened?” asked Luna.

Oceana sighed, putting the plate in the sink. “To be honest, a lot of things. We only stayed together as long as we did, because of you and Celestia. After you and your sister took over Equestria, we separated. We thought some time apart might help, but it didn’t.”

She paused for a moment, before giving Luna a small smile. “So tell me, how have things been with you?”

“Alright,” said Luna with a smile of her own. “Got my own country now.”

“So I’ve heard,” said Oceana as she sat next to her daughter. “Celestia told me how you just up and left her without saying a word.”

“Did she ever tell you why?” asked Luna in an angry tone.

Oceana nodded her head. “She did eventually,” she said. “A couple of days after it all happened, she came here. I asked her what happened and she told me that you were making a fuss over nothing. It wasn’t till two hundred years later that I got the full story from her. She came here crying at what she had done to you, as well as the image of the lunar ponies. Needless to say, I was disappointed in the both of you.”

“But,” began Luna, however Oceana raised a hoof to silence her.

“Now before you say anything, let me explain,” she said calmly. “Celestia had asked you to get her proof that what happened in Hoofshire wasn’t an accident. Personally, after hearing what happened, I don’t think it was. Then, you took all of your followers to the moon, while leaving a mess of problems behind, instead of working together with your sister.

“On the other hoof, Celestia was wrong in thinking she could wait two months, just to make a speech on the issue. Also, while it was true that you left, Celestia should have been trying to fix the problems in Equestria that caused you to leave. Instead, she refused to have your name spoken out and carried on like nothing happened.”

Oceana then let out a sigh. “Luna, I can understand why you did what you did. But, if you want my approval, then I can’t give it to you. There were other things you could have done.”

“It wasn’t like it was an easy choice,” said Luna. “My little ponies were being persecuted because of me. I tried to tell Celestia that, but she wouldn’t listen to me. She never did!

“She never valued anything I said or tried to do. I think she never really wanted me to rule beside her. That it was just because you wanted us to.”

“That’s where you’re wrong Luna,” said Oceana. “I wasn’t the only one who stood up to your father. Celestia, from time to time, would hint that the job would be easier if there were two ponies ruling. And then, the day before she was to take the thrown, Celestia walked right up to your father and told him that if he didn’t make you her co-ruler, then she would refuse to take the throne.”

Luna couldn’t hide the shock and surprise from her face. Celestia, daddy’s little girl, had done that for her?! But, why?

“I-I don’t believe that,” stammered Luna. “If she really wanted me to rule beside her, then why did she never listen to what I said?”

“I don’t know,” admitted Oceana. “Maybe it’s because she’s as stubborn as you are, when it comes to getting things done. Or, maybe she thought that, since you didn’t study politics for as long as she had, that you needed a guiding hoof. She forgot that the reason I wanted you both together wasn’t so you wouldn’t be lonely, but to help each other. To help balance each other out. But, neither of you really likes to give in.”

“So, what should I do?” asked Luna. “After what Celestia did to me and my little ponies, do you think I should just do what Celestia wants and merge our two nations? They hate and fear us!”

Oceana didn’t answer her at once. Celestia had told her what had happened to Luna’s holiday, and some of the stories that were told about the Republic. While Celestia held most of the blame on this one, Luna wasn’t guiltless either. If Luna hadn’t kept her little ponies so isolated for so long, then maybe there wouldn’t be so many horrible stories told about them. But, she did understand what Luna was saying.

“I’m not going to tell you what you should do,” said Oceana. “Go back to Celestia and try to work out your problems, or keep things the way they are now. Whatever you decide, I’ll respect. But Luna, don’t make a decision based on anger towards your sister. Do what you think is right for your little ponies.”

Luna blinked before nodding her head. Oceana was right. There were many issues between her and Celestia. Just like there were many issues between Equestria and the Lunar Republic. Right now, she needed to put away her issues with her sister and think about what would be the best thing for her subjects.

For a long time, Luna just sat there. What conserved her the most was the safety of her subjects. If the two nations just merged like Celestia wanted, then there would surely be fighting. It would be just like a thousand years ago. Only this time, the ponies of the Republic would refuse to take it lying down again. They would fight back and might possibly end in a civil war.

Then, there was the huge gap in their technology. The Republic was working on interplanetary travel, while Equestria was just starting to accept steam technology. If they just gave Celestia’s ponies one of their advanced generators, she was afraid they might blow themselves up. Or, what if they used the Republics weapons to fight their enemies. It would be a huge and unfair advantage.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Luna came to a decision.

-x-

As the morning light began to shine across Equestria, Celestia sat on her throne. She looked tired from everything that had been going on. A new Captain of the Guard needed to be selected soon. The griffon embassy had been surrounded, while a letter had been sent to the Emperor about the situation. There were a dozen more items on her list that she needed to do along with her usual work.

Just then, there was a flash of light that appeared at the end of her audience chambers. Her guards quickly reached for their weapons, when they saw that it was Princess Luna.

“Lower your weapons,” said Celestia as Luna began to walk towards her sister. Slowly, the guards obeyed. “It is good to see you little sister. I’m sure that we have much to talk about.”

“Not really,” said Luna, stopping in the middle of the audience hall. She then cleared her throat before continuing. “Princess Celestia, as the ruler of the Lunar Republic, I, Princess Luna, hereby rejects your offer for our nations to merge.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long update. I hope it was worth it! Some parts were harder to write than others so I needed a bit of help from Skeeter the Lurker.

Number nine in my top ten list goes to the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 episode. It's a really enjoyable episode with plenty of good points that help it stand out. I like how it ended, loved Rainbow Dash's bits in the background, and Applejack's letter was funny as hell when she said she learned nothing. Not to mention how cute AJ looked at the end with the cider mug on her head.

That being said, there are some things I take issue with. One, why do they let Pinkie Pie have all that cider? It looks like she gets a barrel of cider a day. Why not tell her one mug per day or buy a mug then go back to the end of the line so everypony has a chance to get some? Then there's the town. They are willing to kick the Apple family out of town over cider. Then, when they lose, it's only then that it dawns on them that the family that has always been there for them has lost their farm. OVER FREAKING CIDER!

What is in that cider that makes it so amazing?

As a special treat, my number eight episode is The Last Roundup. Finally, we see what happens when a pony breaks a pinkie promise! Or at least when a Pinkie thinks somepony has broken one. Not only that, we get more of an expansion of Equestria. You also understand the pressure Applejack was under to win. The town needs the money and are counting on AJ to get it form them. She may be the best in her town, but she did very well for her first major rodeo. Sadly, no money.

But that's also what bothers me about the episode. Overall I really enjoy it, but the fact that AJ is needed to fix town hall speaks on how poorly it seems the town is being run. I mean, where does there taxes go towards in this town?

PreviousChapters Next