• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,367 Views, 52 Comments

A Life-Changing Blessing - MIKEANTHONY321



Brave Spirit is a lonely stallion who has no one to love or take care of, until he makes an unexpected discovery...

  • ...
5
 52
 1,367

Mindless Assault

While Spirit began on his life work inventing a flying aid for pegasi, he figured he should at least send Rainbow Dash to go to a flying school in the meantime. Even though she couldn’t fly, it’d be best for her to learn anyway in case she ever did in the future. As well as flight, the school also taught standard academics, so Spirit took the liberty of switching her over from her old school.

And now here she was, a week later, standing outside the principal’s office at The Ponyville Flight School for Challenged Pegasi. Apparently receiving the phone-call, Spirit was at the school in a matter of ten minutes, and walked in the front door. His expression turned stern as soon as he saw Rainbow Dash standing outside the office. She smiled awkwardly at him.

“Do I even want to know why I had to come here immediately? Or why you’re standing outside the office after school hours?” He sighed.

“Um……good question…” She stuttered back. She fiddled with her hooves.

Almost right on cue, the door opened, and the principal stuck his head out the door.

“Ah, Brave Spirit, you’re here! Please come inside. I need to talk to you about your daughter.”

Spirit and Rainbow Dash reluctantly entered the principal’s office, and closed the door. Spirit was surprised to see another student in the office. He was a colt, roughly Rainbow Dash’s age. When he turned around to look at Spirit, Spirit saw that he had a massive black eye. He flinched a little.

“Sweet mother of Celestia, how did that happen to him?” Spirit exclaimed.

The principal sat back further in his big leather chair.

“That’s why we’re here today. Your daughter assaulted this young colt in the hallway earlier after 5th period.”

Spirit gasped, and he gave Rainbow Dash an angry look. “What? Are you kidding me?”

Rainbow Dash chuckled awkwardly. “Uh…”

“Do you mind telling me why? Why did you punch him?”

Rainbow Dash was silent for a few seconds.

“He made fun of my hair color. He called me a freak because my hair was all colorful!” She exclaimed, angrily eyeing the injured colt sitting in the chair. He flinched when she looked at him.

Spirit did a face-hoof. “Rainbow Dash, being called a freak is no reason to rupture someone’s face with your hoof. It’d be a little more reasonable if he had hit you first, and you just retaliated, but it’s not okay to mindlessly hit someone over being called a name.”

“We will be giving your daughter a one-day suspension, and putting her a step up on our behavior plan. If she is caught doing this again, it’ll be a five-day suspension, then a ten-day suspension, then possibly an expulsion. Her suspension is effective as of tomorrow.” The principal explained.

“That sounds good to me.” Spirit replied.

After that, the principal dismissed all of them to leave. After leaving the office, Spirit walked down the hall toward the door, followed by Rainbow Dash and the colt that she had hit.

The colt leaned in toward Rainbow Dash, and whispered, “Freak.”

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash yelled, “Oh you want to go, you little sack of turd? Well let’s go!”

She leaped onto him, tackling him onto the ground. Then she started beating the snot out of him like nopony’s business. It didn’t take long for Spirit and the principal to hear the commotion and try to pry the two apart.

………………………………………

Rainbow Dash sat in her room, pouting. What else is there to do when you’re grounded for a whole week? No video games, no snacks, no TV, and no chocolate milk for a grueling five days. Now that sucked.

Spirit slowly opened the door, and walked in the room. Rainbow Dash took one look at him, and looked away, pouting again.

“Go away.”

“Now come on, don’t be like that. Those five days of suspension will be gone before you know it!”

“Not that colt’s scars and broken bones. They’ll stay with him for a while, and I’m glad for that. As for you, I don’t want to see you. Anyone who takes away my chocolate milk is public enemy number one.” Rainbow Dash ordered. Pretty rough for a nine-year-old.

“Relax, I’m just here to take some measurements for your wing. It’s going to take a lot of trial-and-error if I’m going to make you airborne.”

Rainbow Dash crossed her arms, and sat still for a few moments while Spirit used a ruler to measure some certain lengths and widths of her wing. A ruler was all he needed, being that Dash’s wing was no longer than a few inches.

While Spirit measured and wrote things down on a notepad, he spoke to his angry daughter.

“By the way, you’re going to get a foalsitter starting tomorrow. Some of my fellow workers at the rock farm went on strike for some reason, and my boss wants me to work longer hours. Until they get their act under control, I’m going to be gone until around dinnertime.” He explained.

A foalsitter? Excellent! Now she could get her special privileges while the babysitter is around, since they won’t know that she was grounded! Ha…sucker.

Spirit did everything that he needed to, and began to leave the room. On his way out, he said, “By the way Dashie, you can’t let yourself get frustrated every time someone calls you a name. You’ll get in even bigger trouble somewhere down the line. Learn to love and tolerate.”

Once he had said this, he closed the door.

To be Continued…

Author's Note:

I realize this is kind of a short chapter. I have two minutes until bedtime, so it was just a little rushed. Also, I just received another proofreading request from another author, so I had to have that added to my list-of-favors.
Feedback!