• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,422 Views, 90 Comments

A Dragons Tail - Cobalt the Kitsune



a PIE (pokemon in equestria) self insert story, purely for fun

  • ...
44
 90
 1,422

Chapter 3: anit no party like a pinkie pie party

As the pokemon around me woke up and ran about, I was able to stretch out my long body and worked out the knots I got from sleeping in close quarters. I hope Fluttershy will take me to the spa one of these days, I thought to myself while working out a particularly nasty one. I could use the spa’s sisters gentle touch.

As Fluttershy walked in with breakfast, there was a knock at the door. “Dragonair (I’ll get it.)” I called out. Fluttershy nodding as she saw me head for the door, and went back to the other pokemon. At the door, I was then met with the blare of kazoos and a blast of pressurized confetti that knocked me back into Fluttershy.

“Oops.” Pinkie Pie said while coming out from behind her party cannon. “Sorry flutters, guess I should waited to fire the party cannon till no one was in front of it.” Giggling, she helped me and the quite shaken Fluttershy up.

“It’s alright Pinkie.” She said. “Mind telling why you're here?”

“We still have to celebrate you getting that Dragonair.” I then froze while eating my salad. A party for me?

“I dunno Pinke, me and Cobalt have had a hectic week.” It was then that I moved my head closer to listen more closely.

“Too hectic, to go to a party?” Pinkie Pie said while putting on her best pouty face. I also turned my face towards Fluttershy and turned on my puppy dog eyes. “Everyone’s going to be there, even Twi! Infact, she was saying she really needed to see you for some reason...”

Fluttershy looked back and forth between mine and Pinkies faces. “Oh, alright, but just for a minute.”

“Yay!” Pinkie Pie said handing her an invitation. “Be at Sugarcube Corner at one. Make sure to bring the guest of honor!” She said giving me a wink.

I turned towards Fluttershy, who was reading the invitation carefully. As I thought about my party, I smiled. I couldn’t wait for all those baked goods and pastries. My mouth watered at the thought of a freshly baked elcare, oozing chocolate, warm and soft.

.........

Party time could not have come any slower. I did a couple laps round the fence of field where Fluttershy let out the pokemon she was raising during sunny days for exercise and training. But finally, Fluttershy came out to call me in. I nearly knocked her over running past her.

“Whoa!” She said. Giggling, she then said to me. “Excited to meet my friends?”

“DRAGONAIR! (Heck yeah!)” I said energetically.

Smiling happily, Fluttershy lead me out of the house. Then she walked the path she took me the day I arrived, all the way to Sugarcube Corner. Once inside I was immediately surround by hubbub.

“Thats a mighty strong looking pokemon.” Applejack said. “I think he could give my Arcanine a run for her money. I might borrow him at apple bucking season!”

Then Rainbow jumped into the conversation. “So he’s strong, big deal! Torkoal can still take him!”

Suddenly I felt something soft and a little squishy clamp on my tail. Sure, enough I lifted up the toothless Totodile, known to the main six as Gummy.

“Such a disgusting creature.” Rarity said. “My Delcatty would never be so uncouth.”

As I tried to get him off, Twilight started a conversation with Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, I need to speak with you alone.” Twilight said.

“Sure Twilight.” Fluttershy said letting Twilight take the lead. “But, why be so secretive?”

As Twilight lead her away I wanted to follow, but pinkie came in with a new face and an announcement.

“Hey, everypony!” Pinkie said halting the activities. “This,” she said gesturing to a young black on blue zebra striped pony. “Is Shadow, she’s a new move in.”

“H-Hi everypony.” Shadow said softly.

“Shes also a pokemon trainer!” Pinkie added. Suddenly everypony was barraging her with questions like.

“What type of pokemon do you train?”

“What's your favorite pokemon?”

“What pokemon do you usually battle with?”

“I-I like Absols...” she replied softly overwhelmed with the pressing questions.

As they surrounded Shadow, I slunk to where Twilight was talking to Fluttershy. It was already late in the conversation when I got into earshot.

“Take care of her for me.” Twilight said handing Flutter’s an ultraball.

“But Twilight,” Fluttershy said worriedly. “I’m hardly qualified to train such a regal Pokemon. Surely t-there is somepony bet-”

“Fluttershy.” Twilight interrupted with a reassuring tone. “You are the most capable, and the most kind pony a know. If any pony is going to train this pokemon, it’s you.” Twilight then looked over at me, and giggles. “Besides, I think she will find a more than willing mate in your new Dragonair.”

Suddenly a young (around 20 years of age) blue alicorn, with a icy blue mane swaggered in. Attracting the attention of many of the party goers including Shadow.

“Comet!” Pinkie Pie said as she raced over. “Did you do it? Did you bet the league?”

“Slow down Pinkie,” Applejack said. “I’m sure our hometown hero is thirsty after his long journey.”

Pinkie gasped, “ You're right and I have just the thing!” Pinkie then rusted into a backroom.

With a demeanor cool as ice, Comet nonchalantly passed by the mares gawking at him slid into a set.

“Who’s Mr. High and mighty?” The unimpressed shadow hissed to a pony standing next to her.

“That.” Commented Twi, walking up next to her. “Is my nephew, Prince Comet Storm.”

Pinkie Pie came back with a large cask on her back. “This stuff’s the best!,” After setting it on a stand she filled up a tankard with rainbow colored liquid and slid it down to Comet.

After chugging it down, He said with a voice as cool as his demeanor. “Ahh, zap apple cider. One of the best innovations to come out of sweet apple acres.”

“Well, thank ya kindly Comet.” Applejack said, blushing.

“Suck up much?” Shadow said leering.

“What’s with you and Comet?” Asked Rainbow Dash.

“I just have this thing against royalty, ok?” She said.

I couldn’t help but notice her cutie mark was two crossed scythes. What in Equestria does that mean? I thought to myself.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was nagging Comet. “Did you win? Did you get a trophy? Is it sparkly? SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME!!”

Comet then gave an empty chuckle and pulled out a gold trophy.

“Oooh,” all the ponies said nearly at once.

“Just look at that fake smile.” Shadow grumbled to herself as the rest of the ponies gathered round. “I bet he can’t bear to be around us.”

As I turned to look at him I could now see his smile was fake. But the look behind his eyes was not one of arrogance but one more of.... emptiness?

I what ever it was it could wait. He was prompted to give a speech “Well, it took nine hard years of hard work, and lots of support from all you ponies. But together with my team, I was able to beat the pokemon league.”

“And what now?” Shadows voice almost echoed from the back of the crowd. As ponies parted to make her visible, she spoke more. “Now that you’ve finished your journey, and the champion what are you going to do? Fly back home to Canterlot?”

“Actually I don’t live in Canterlot.” Comet replied.

“Well then you don’t mind stepping outside and having a pokemon battle with me.”

“I dunno.” He said scratching his head. “We’ve been quite tired after our battle.”

“Oh come on! A league chapon like you would make quick work of some pony like me.” She said taking out a dusk ball. “After all I only have one pokemon.”

“If you insist.” He said sliding off his seat.

“You better make it count.” She said giving an evil smile.

Once the two had made there way out of the building, ponies filed out to watch the showdown, including Fluttershy.

After a few overly excited males drew the boundaries of a pokemon battle field, and the pair stepped into the trainer boxes.

“Alright, one pokemon each.” Comet said, whilst carefully selecting an ultra ball from his belt.

“Sounds good, Prince boy.” Shadow said balancing her dusk ball on her nose.

“A-Alright.” He said, a little shocked with her boldness of the ‘prince boy’ comment. Then tossing his ultra ball he said. “Go, Lunatone!” Then the levitating crescent shaped pokemon formed out the light released from the capsule.

Then, giggling, like a mad pony, she casually tossed up her pokeball. The shadows realised by it then formed into an Absol.

Comet cooly narrowed is focused waiting for Shadow to make the first move.

She said. “Agility, Absol.” It suddenly set off

“Don’t let it get behind you, Lunatone!” Comet said. Trying to follow his master's orders he kept his eyes on the dashing harbinger. Looking to his own master for further instruction Absol received a wink from Shadow.

After giving a curt nod, Absol started running circles around Lunatone. The hovering rock, still following it’s trainers orders spins to keep it eyes on it. Faster and faster Absol dashed. Lunatone began to be dizzy, even motion sick.

Noticing his Lunatones conditions, Comet barked. “Lunatone stop!”

But it was too late “Night slash, Absol.” Shadow said flipping her mane causally..

A shadowy aura surrounded Absol’s claws, and drags it down the Lunatone’s back quickly and powerfully. The force imparted to the floating pokemon sent it flying into a tree making the rock pokemon faint. Comet rushed over to it.

Shadow smirked. One thing was for certain, I did not like this chick. Her air was that of a bad winner just waiting for her opponent to bawl his eyes out.

Then I saw Comet whisper something to his Lunatone and put it back it it’s pokeball.

“That was a good match.” He said turning to Shadow. “If I had know you were using a Dark type, I might have sent out my Froslass. Such a pretty thing too.”

“Perhaps you should have.” Cobalt said in an infuriating tone of voice

“Hehe, yeah.” Comet scratched the back of his head. “Perhaps we should get together sometime and discuss battle technique over dinner?”

Cobalts smirk turned into a look of absolute confusion. “A-are you asking me out.”

Comet shrunk and blushed a little. “err umm... maybe.”

Shadow blushed as well. “I uh...don’t really know what to say.”

“Oh! I know! I know!” Pinkie Pie nearly jumped into the air raising her hoof. “Say Yes! Say Yes!”

Shadow giggled at the mares enthusiasm. “I don’t think it would hurt.”

Cobalt looked surprised as though he couldn’t believe it worked. “Well, um, how about tomorrow at the cafe? Round six-ish?”

Shadow nodded. “Sure...”

After a while(enough time for me to sneak back into the party and shove several eclairs in my mouth and come back), the awkward couple started to go their separate ways.

Before Shadow was out of earshot Comet did a 180 and shouted, chuckling. “I almost forgot where do you live?”

Shadow, giggled, turned around and started walking backwards. “32 Mane St,”

“32 Mane St. I’ll remember that, thanks.”

“I think they’ll make a cute couple.” Pinkie Pie said. I just chuckled to myself and shook my head.

..........

When Fluttershy and I started to walk home the sky was already set alight by the setting sun. The few clouds there were streaked the shadows across the sky.

I, a bit sluggish due to eating too many sweets, looked to Fluttershy with a happy smile and expected one back. But Fluttershy’s brow was furrowed with deep thought.

I lowered my head and whined “Drrraaa, dragonair. (flutters what’s wrong?)”

She stopped and pulled out the ultra ball Twilight had given to her, I now saw that a tear drop shaped sapphire was embedded into it.

“So curious... Why would Twi give me something so important...” Fluttershy said looking at her reflection in the gemstone.

Fluttershy then threw the ball into the air. It spun almost in slow motion. I was all too anxious to see what was inside. Not only did Twilight say it was important but she also said I had a fair chance of mating with it. Then when I was almost to the breaking point of my patience the ball released a flash of light. And that flash, that brilliant white light, turned into the most stunning most beautiful, and most regale pokemon I’ve ever seen.





.

Comments ( 8 )

2161155
You know I was asking the same question! :pinkiegasp:

2163150
Okay seriously, do you even think when you're about to post a comment? Your spelling is awful and your just throwing insults at people because they don't have the same opinion as you. You may call yourself a brony but you're acting like a mindless hater on youtube. It's a disgrace, grow up.

2145666 Talk about slap across the face.
i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1521111808/h7D835221/
I think people felt that all the way to the outposts in Antarctica! :rainbowderp:

will there be more?

8436864
I dunno I haven't been writing a lot lately and if I ever do get back to older projects I'll need to see what exactly I want to do, it might actually end up falling to the wayside for some of my more popular stories so I Hate to disappoint.

8436902
i understand tho it doenst get much older then a story that hasnt been updated in four years

Login or register to comment