• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 90 Comments

A Dragons Tail - Cobalt the Kitsune



a PIE (pokemon in equestria) self insert story, purely for fun

  • ...
44
 90
 1,421

That's no ordinary rabbit!

Chapter 2: That's No Ordinary Rabbit!

~-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~
I’d guess I should tell you a little bit about myself, before I stepped into this brony dream. Well, there wasn’t much really. I was a junior in college pursuing a physics degree. But, I have to admit, my real passion was for writing MLP fanfiction. Nothing too popular or sophisticated, just a couple one-shots here and there.

Most of the time thought the stories played out in my head. Sometimes an ending was visualized before a beginning. I specialized in OC fanfiction, you gave me a situation, I could create a well balanced pony with a small back story within thirty minutes.

The Day I was transformed was on an average rainy day, and I had to walk to my apartment from the science building. My dark grey trench coat, protected my scraggly body from the fierce and chilling storm.

My felt hat was almost completely soaked though when I arrived at my home. It was deadly silent, and why shouldn’t it be? I lived alone and liked being alone. I filled the home with light and cast my text book with it’s scrawled notes on the bed then sat at my desk an booted up my laptop, and grabbed my cobalt blue DSi XL and started to play the pokemon game I had on pause.

I smiled as I prepped my team of Dragonair’s ,named after the Mane Six, for battle against the elite four.

Suddenly A chilling female voice came from behind me. “So you like Dragonairs?”

I spun my swivel chair so quickly I almost made myself sick. The sight I was met with shocked me and made my jaw drop. A shiny Zoroark stood in front of me staring me down with piercing gold eyes.

“Are you going to answer my question?”

My jaw was hanging open, speechless.

“Do you like Dragonairs?” She said with an slightly annoyed tone.

“O-of course,” I said as casually as I could. “They’re my favorite pokemon.”

She then gave an evil giggle. “Good.” She rested a paw on my shoulder.

“W-What are you doing?” I was trying to show a calm facade, but the panic in my voice was evident.

“You’ll see.” She said.

“I don’t wanna see!” I said getting up quickly. Suddenly the Zoroark bit my shoulder and I felt like a taser had been shot directly into my spinal cord (don’t ask me how I know what a taser feels like). After she landed the Thunder Fang attack, I was out cold.

When I woke up, I was a dragonair, and all the aforementioned events took place. And since I’ve already covered them, let’s skip to that night shall we?

================================================================

Fluttershy didn’t really believe that pokemon should be crammed inside pokeballs, so I got to sleep in the just as roomy cottage with all the other pokemon she was raising and/or nursing back to health. Now you would think my serpentine body would give me an advantage in finding a comfortable position. But I was the largest pokemon there so I had a Furret, Bidoof or Buneary pressing in on me. And let me tell you they look fluffy and cute while they're awake but when they fall asleep. THEY’RE AS HARD AS STONES!!!

So I was tossing and turning (usually on top of another pokemon) all night. After I had finally gotten to sleep for a few small hours, I was woken up but a desperate urge to go to the restroom. So I slithered round the sleeping pokemon, out the cottage, and into the wooded area. I think I’ll just tell you my experience with the new body was....interesting. Relieved, I slithered back and caught a few more Z’s before Celestia’s sun awoke me. Some Tallows and Pidgeys were singing right outside the window.

Fluttershy then came in with several bowls of leafy greens balanced on her wings. “Food time, every one.” She set down the bowls and there was a clamoring for food. I was crowded out by the smaller pokemon. I then looked to Fluttershy serving Angel’s “special” salad.

“Here you go Angel. Just the way you like it.” She said.

Angel sniffed at it and said “Buneary (it’s Acceptable).” Then started eating.

Now let me tell you that salad was more than acceptable. With giant mounds of sour cream, fresh sliced zucchini and tomato, but the most delectable thing about it was the ruby red maraschino cherry on top. Oh Celestia, how my stomach rumbled.

“Draa draaa? (what about me?)” I cried out hungrily.

“Oh, I’m sorry Cobalt. I’ve never feed a dragon type before...will you eat salad?”

I nod quickly.

“One moment.” Fluttershy disappeared into the kitchen.

While waiting, I caught a glimpse of Angle eyeing me evilly. What nasty plot was that buneary concocting?

I barely had time to think before Fluttershy came back with a fresh bowl of salad.

“Air, Air, Dragonair!(This looks great thank you!)”

As I started to eat, Fluttershy giggled and said, “You must be really hungry.”

I swallowed a big bite and nodded happily.

“Well eat up, I’ll check on the others”

“*munch,munch* Drag-Dragonair (will do)” I ate happily, but I still caught Angel grinning at at me evilly out of the corner of my eye. It creeped me out enough to drive me to scoot my bowl and myself away.

After Fluttershy check the others she asked. “If I got some fruit from tropicus, Who would eat it?”

Almost all the pokemon, cried out there affirmative answers, including me. The only one that didn’t was Angel, which made me a bit suspicious. But then again the shiny buneary did just eat that whole salad Fluttershy prepared for him, so he might be full.

Yet again he gave his evil grin, and it really freaked me out this time. He hopped off his beloved spot on the sofa and headed to me, then said. “Buneary, bun bun buneary, (hey, Cobalt I know we got of to a bad start,) Eary Buneary Buneary! (But I was wondering if you wanted to help me help Fluttershy.)”

I would have raised an eyebrow if I had any. “Air? (how so?)”

“Eary, Buneary buneary, buneary! (Well you see Fluttershy needs the honey, but it’s it the top shelf.) Bun Bun-eary buneary, (And seeing you the tallest here) Buneary, bun bun! (we could team up and get the honey together!)”

“Dragonair. (makes sense)” Then I thought for a moment. “Drag Drag, Dragonair! (But if I do help, you owe me one of those special salads!)”

Angel’s grin turned into a frown he then began to pace, weighting his costs against the rewards. “Bun, Buneary! (Fine, but just one!)”

“Dra, (deal.)” I said. Then I slithered into the kitchen, with Angel (with that evil grin.) hopping close behind. When we were in the kitchen, he hopped onto my head and “accidentally” stuck his foot in my eye.

“Aaair, Dragonaaair! (Watch where you're putting that!)”

“Bbbuneary! (Sorry bout that).” He pushed it in further before moving it onto the top of my head. I then stretched myself so Angel could get the honey from the top cupboard.

As he got a large jar of honey out, he said “Eary. (oops” and let it drop a break on top of me. Not only was I covered in the thick, amber liquid, I had several shallow, and one deep cut on my back.

“Buneary, Buneary! (Sorry, sorry!)” He said, obviously shocked at the sight of my blood.

Swallowing the pain, I said “Air, Air, Dragonair? (How am I going to clean up this ,mess?)”

“Bunnneary buneary buneary (I’ll take care of the mess here. You clean yourself up) Bun bun, buneary,buneary. (There’s a waterfall west of the cottage, you can wash up there.)”

“Airrr, air air dragonair (OK, but tell fluttershy where I went)”

“Buunnneeeaarry! (Will do!)”

.........

As I made my way through the forest I felt rather uneasy. I could feel million of eyes on me. Which is understandable, I reeked of honey, and any trainer that’s any good at catching pokemon knows, honey attracts pokemon. I half expected a Beedrill to jump out at me every time I passed a tree. And not knowing what moves I have in my arsenal (besides hyper beam)

Shaking off the feeling I was being watched, I listened carefully for the iconic sound of falling water. To my relief the sound was nearby. I then started to ‘run’ towards the sound. I could not tell you how much I wanted to get the honey off me (not to mention clean my wounds.) As I came into a clearing, I saw a tower of sapphire blue water that jumps off a ledge 25 ft above my head then dived into a shimmering beautifully clear, clean pool.

Not wasting a moment, I slid into the waterfall pool. The water was cool but not frigid, it was sort of inviting in that way.

“Dra! Ddrrraaaa. (Ah! aaaahhhhh. wait I don’t think I need to translate that.)” I said as I slunk down to where my cuts were. The water stung at first, but then had a soothing, sort of tingling sensation. I then turned to look at my back, and noticed the cuts diminishing and healing.

A little shocked, I stroked the area with the end of my tail. My mind then raced through my knowledge of the video games, and the anime and some of the movies that I had watched for a body of water that could heal like this. Then my mind came to rest on Pokemon 4ever The one in which Celebi had brought a young Professor Oak to the future. When Celebi was sick or injured Ash brought it to a special lake or spring that healed it. Could the equestrian equivalent of that location?

But, I couldn’t dwell on that. I needed to get the smell of honey off me before a hoard of pokemon attacked me. I quickly slithered under the waterfall and let the pounding of the water wash over my scales. But still I couldn’t get that bitter-sweet smell of honey off me. Knowing Fluttershy would be back, and missing me by now, I slithered out the pool and headed back to the cottage. Now not only could I feel pokemons eyes on me, I could here them rustling through the forest. Beginning to feel a little restless, I picked up speed.

Suddenly, something large fell from above and attached itself to my back. “AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!” Screaming, I flew into a blind panic and starting running. The Ariados on my back was only holding onto me loosely with two of it’s legs. When I blindly ran into tree, the Ariados detached and scurried away.

Quite dazed, I peeled myself off the tree, dizzly turned in a circle then, landed on the ground with my tongue hanging out.

.........

A wake up slap brought me out of my unconsciousness. Jolted awake, I expected to see Angel again snickering on top of me with his nasty plot grin. Instead it was the concerned looking Chaney.

“Cobalt!” Fluttershy then ran over and hugged me with her wings.”Thank goodness you're alright.”

“Dra, drrrraaa. (I’m Fine).

She then retracted and said. “I found you passed out in the forest. Angel was concerned why you were gone for such a long while.”

Angel? I thought a little befuddled. He was concerned for me?! I then looked for him but he was nowhere in sight.

“Well it seems you're alright,”

“Chansey, Chansey.(except for the egg on your head.)” Interrupted Chansey.

Unawares what the Chansey mumbled. “So I’ll leave you in Chansey’s more than capable hands.” As Fluttershy left, Chansey dabbed my forehead with a cool damp cloth.

“Chansey, Chansey. (Turn your head for me.)” As I turned my face toward the ceiling I wrapped my mind around my previous question. Why did Angel, a pokemon which I know didn't like me show concern for me? The answer seemed to smack me dead.

(----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)