• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 7,151 Views, 600 Comments

Just an Everyday Princess - Wages of Sin



Twilight tries to go back to everyday life, but when your the newest alicorn princess, things are a little more complicated than that.

  • ...
20
 600
 7,151

Explanations

"So tell us! I mean, dear Celestia, I haven't seen that much blood in my whole career! She must have been kickin' some serious flank out in the forest to come home like that without a scratch on her."

"Well actually... About that..."


Twilight couldn’t help but crack a smile as she trotted up to her room. The look on her "guards" faces were definitely the highlight of her otherwise terrible morning.

Closing the door firmly behind her, her smile faded as she remembered what she had to do, bearing great fear for what she might find.

“May as well get this over with…” She crossed the room to survey the damage in a mirror. Giving herself a through look over, she could see just how bad the damage really was.

Oh no…

Seeing the signs of a panic attack coming on, she shook her head to drive away the terrible thoughts that began to fill her mind. “NO!” Looking once again at herself in the mirror, she reached a conclusion, and she had to accept it.

"This is going to take forever to wash off!" She tried to get a closer look at her tail, but it was so weighted down with mud and blood that she couldn’t lift it with her tail’s strength alone. "Might as well get this over with... Now I kind of understand why I might need hoofmadens.

She ran a bath with a weary sigh.


"Thanks for the party Miss Pinkie and for letting us sleep over Miss Applejack" Soft said as the four mares and one dragon passed through the farm gateway.

"Thanks for coming, it's always nice to welcome new ponies to Ponyville, but are you sure you don't want to stay for breakfast?

"Sorry, we can't, Somepony has to make the princesses’ breakfast, and from what you told us we'd rather not let her highness try herself."

Spike hoped off of Rarity's back, "I'll go, I always do it anyway."

Soft raised a hoof, waving off the idea, "All the more reason for us to do it Sir Spike. Take the day off, we'll handle it. Besides, this lets us use what you all taught us last night."

Well alright, but y'all come back anytime now. We're always open for company here at the Acres!"

"You should! It'll be great! We could have another party and invite-" Applejack closed Pinkie's mouth.

"Heh, and she's always ready to party. Have a nice day girls, and remember what we talked about. Ponyville's a crazy place, but you'll learn to love her."

"We will, and thanks again!" and with that, Bristle, Brush, Cloud, and Breeze left the farm to head home to the library.

Before they got past the gates of the acres, Spike came running up behind them.

"Wait!" the little drake shouted.

"Sir Spike, you need not come back with us, we said we'd handle breakfast today." Soft spoke for the group.

"Yeah, you can do it, just give this to Twilight." he passed her a scroll marked with Celestia's seal, "It just arrived from the princess. Celestia that is."

"We will."

And with that, Spike ran back into the house, utilizing every second he could in the presence of his beloved.

As the troupe entered Ponyville proper Brush addressed them all, “When we get home we should ask the princess how she wants us to look."

"Oh! Good idea, after breakfast we can head back over to the spa and finally get this all sorted out. I'm not too big a fan of how everypony keeps bowing at me..." as Breeze spoke, another unwitting early-riser of Ponyville bowed their head to the passing "princess".

"Aww! Come on! It's hilarious!" said Cloud, "It's not like it's hurting anyone!"

Soft gave Cloud a hard stare. "Regardless of who it hurts, we shouldn't be parading around town impersonating royalty."

"You're making it seem like-!"

"No Cloud, we're not arguing about this. We're here, let's just find the princess and get this sorted out."

"Sure, whatever." Cloud scoffed under her breath, "killjoy"

Soft opened the door to the library and allowed the other members of the quartet to enter, following close behind.

Let's go help the princess get up and ready before we start on breakfast.

Passing the sleeping Blue Blazer on the sofa, the girls made their way up the stairs and into Twilight's room.

Finding the bead empty, and noticing the light under the door, they made their way over to the bathroom.

When they opened the door, a terrifying sight met them.

There lay their princess, half under the surface of the tub, head lulled to one side, the water deep red with blood.

They screamed.


Twilight was enjoying a wonderful dream of flying when she was suddenly jolted awake by screaming what felt like inches from her head.

Her limbs bicycled for a second before she remembered where she was. She flipped over, sinking momentarily into the water before raising up to see what the screaming was about.

"ZOMPONEEEEEEEEE!"


"...Ok, do you understand now? I. AM. NOT. A. ZOMPONY. Why does everypony keep thinking that zomponys are the logical conclusion! I just happen to be an immortal alicorn. Nothing unnatural. "

After her bath had been interrupted by screaming, waking her up causing more screaming, which caused the guards to come bursting in screaming, Twilight sat them all down for a talk.

"Sorry princess, we just thought-" Breeze began.

"We were surprised to find you like that. -We are sorry princess." Soft finished.

"I guess it's my fault for... Uh... Well it's probably my fault somehow, so don't worry about it." Twilight tucked her wings, and flopped into a chair. Freshly bathed and with a small nap, she was feeling a little bit better, but now that she wasn't so preoccupied she could feel she was starving.

*Grumble*

"Oh! Princess, we’ll get started on breakfast now!" the group tripped over themselves to get to the kitchen and make it up to their princess.

"Oh! Princess," Soft turned back, producing a scroll, "Sir Spike said to deliver this to you."

Twilight took the scroll, thanking Soft for delivering it.

As Soft walked away to help in the kitchen, Twilight unrolled the scroll.

"Dear Twilight,

I trust you are settling in well to your new station? I am happy to announce that your coronation continues to excite and inspire the population of Canterlot. But you know how slowly news seems to travel out of Canterlot.

-No kidding, the entire city was preparing for weeks before the royal wedding and we didn't hear anything until Spike's letter.-

It has now come to my attention that many still remain unaware of their newest princess, and as such, I have taken the liberty of preparing for you a series of appearances across Equestria that shall help the citizens of Equestria better embrace their newest princess.

A copy of your itinerary is attached.

-Celestia"

Twilight flipped the page to find the itinerary on the back.

"Huh... The first location is Appaloosa... On the sixth..."

"..."

"That's tomorrow!"

Author's Note:

I don't like writers who just post a "chapter" that's actually an update on the state of a story, so in turn I don't, but when there is something I want to throw by the readers for review I do a blog post asking for opinions. Good idea right? It allows me to get feedback without doing the aforementioned not-chapter updating, Right?

Wrong. I tried doing this with several recent events involving this story, and there was one response. One. So, if you'd like to put your two bits in about the direction of this story check it out and post your opinions here. Or you could become a mindless drone faithful follower and get these updates instantly in the future.