• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 4,273 Views, 64 Comments

The Best things are a Rarity - mlpserenity



Rarity and Applejack have been married for over 2 years, but what's this? Rarity is pregnant?

  • ...
10
 64
 4,273

Trust me

The walk to Sweet Apple Acres was long, but Rarity was in no immediate hurry. She desperately wanted to talk to Applejack, to tell her the good news, to comfort her and put any worries she might have to rest. Sadly Rarity knew that going in without some coherent and planned scenario prepared, she would most likely make matters worse.

I can still barely believe it myself, but I will if it means I can get Applejack back. She sighed. How can I expect her to be satisfied with the explanation from Princess Celestia. She has usually been a skeptic when it came to what magic could do. "Married to a unicorn no less." She pulled the letter out of her bags to read it over again. One thing still stands out and concerns me. The Princess said in the letter that she 'believed' in her reason for this. Was she actually unsure or was she simply not comfortable stating it as a fact from only a tale centuries ago and this situation now.

She knew Applejack was no country bumpkin. She was actually rather intelligent and she could notice the smallest discrepancies quite well. Surely if I caught onto this uncertainty on the Princess' behalf, then Applejack would as well. After all, she probably is not in the most trusting of moods towards me at the moment.

Rarity was very deep in though and as such, failed to notice that she was already closing in on her destination. She came back to reality and hung her head in dread as she approached the front door. She knocked and was greeted by Big Macintosh at the door, "Howdy there Rarity. Boy ya don't know how glad ah am to see ya here."

"Applejack", she said looking at the floor again in shame.

"Eeyup. She came home and went straight to her room. Didn't even come down for dinner last night or breakfast this mornin'. She was... cryin' pretty good last night also. Mind fillin' me in?"

"I am sorry Macintosh. I am the cause and I am here to hopefully make amends. Again, I am very sorry that you had to see her like that. I know that I have broken my promise to you." She started sniffling a bit. "It is inexcusable what I have done."


After Applejack had proposed and Rarity in turn had yelled, "Yes, yes ,yes Applejack! A million times yes!", they then left to tell Applejack's immediate family the great news first. They were happy for the soon to be newlyweds and decided to toast and celebrate the engagement. Later in the festivities, Macintosh pulled her aside for a bit to talk.

"Yes Macintosh?"

"Miss Rarity, ah love my little sisters more than anythin' in this world. Ah knew that someday they would find love and get married so ah mentally prepared myself for this. All ah want for em' is to be happy and safe."

"I understand the feeling Macintosh."

"Ah want ya to promise me that ya will give her happiness for all her days. Ah know the occasional scuffle is inevitable, but promise me that tears of sadness will never stain AJ's face because of yer actions."

"I can assure you, future brother-in-law, that her happiness has been my priority from the moment she asked me to be her special somepony and I accepted."

Macintosh simply stared at her, clearly unsatisfied with her answer.

She sighed, "I, Rarity, solemnly promise to never let tears of sadness stain her beautiful face because of my actions and to make her radiant smile adorn her face as much as my abilities allow."

Macintosh surprised her by pulling her into a great big hug, "Welcome to the family Rarity"

She hugged back, "Thank you."


Macintosh sighed heavily, "Rarity, ah can see from the look on yer face that this has been just as hard for ya as for AJ. If yer here to fix it then", he moved aside and motioned her into the house, "all ah can say is, Why ain't ya up there already?!"

"Thank you Macintosh and again I am truly sorry for this", she said still looking at the floor, unable to meet his eyes.

"Ah know ya are", he said looking away with eyes of both understanding and slight anger.

She walked upstairs, down the hall to the door of Applejack's room and knocked.

"Go away Mac. I told ya ah- "

"It's me Applejack."

"...Rares?"

"Yes. I-"

Before she could finish the door swung open and Applejack appeared, "Ya got some nerve comin' here Rarity."

"Applejack, I know it looked bad back at the hospital, but please you must believe me, I-"

"Ah don't gota to squat for ya right now and ah don't wana hear it." Applejack proceeded to slam the door in Rarity's face , but was stopped by Rarity's hoof on the door.

"Ow."

"Rarity, I'm serious. Move yer hoof. Now!"

"N-no. Applejack please just allow me a moment to-" She had no time to speak as Applejack tried to push the door closed. It took all of Rarity's strength to oppose the Applejack.

"Rarity. Move!"

"Just let me-"

"No! Get-"

"I have proof that I did not cheat on you!"

That seemed to work and Rarity nearly fell over since Applejack eased her push on the door significantly. Her eyes had all but lost their fury, "You do?"

"Yes. I do." She pulled out the letter and floated it over to Applejack, "Here."

"What's this?"

"It's a letter from Princess Celestia. ...Applejack, I was just as lost as you were to this sudden development so I went to see Twilight to try and make some sense out of it. Unfortunately her mental and physical libraries could not help me, so we turned to the Princess. Twilight sent her a letter explaining the situation and this is her response. I just received it this morning."

Applejack brought the letter over to her desk to begin reading it. Rarity followed her in, unsure if Applejack would allow her to, but with no response from Applejack, she took her chances. She sat silently on the bed and watched Applejack read the letter, her eyes scanning back and forth across the page. She had conflicting emotions right now; Fear from the possibility of Applejack dismissing the letter and not forgiving her and hopefulness from the chance that Applejack would believe the letter, as she did, and give her forgiveness.

Applejack finished reading the letter and turned to Rarity, still looking away slightly, with an unsure expression on her face. They remained like this, awkwardly staring and not staring at each other, for a few seconds until Applejack spoke first, "So the baby just poofed into ya with magic?"

"Well I guess technically yes, but Applejack, the important thing here is that I did not conceive the child with a stallion. I have this baby inside me because of you. Because you and I love each other."

"Guess this is still kinda weird fer me, but you were tellin' the truth huh?"

"Yes Applejack I was, but I can understand why-"

She was cut off by Applejack lunging forward, pushing her onto the bed with a tight hug. Tears began streaming down here face, "I'm sorry Rarity. I really am."

"It's okay darling."

"No. It ain't okay. Ah shoulda believed ya. Ah wanted to."

"Applejack", she sighed sadly.

"Ah really did Rares, Ah wanted to believe ya, b-but everythin' kept tellin' me ah couldn't. I was stupid. Can ya forgive me Rarity?", she looked up at Rarity with pleading eyes.

"Applejack, there is nothing to forgive. Given the circumstances, what you assumed was perfectly understandable. I am just glad that you are no longer mad at me", Rarity hugged Applejack tighter. She was indeed overjoyed that she could hold the love of her life in her legs again.

They remained like this for a few minutes while Applejack's sobs died away. "Rarity?"

"Yes darling?"

"So we're finally gona have a baby."

"Yes we are."

Applejack hugged Rarity tighter and kissed her on the lips, "I'm sorry Rarity, for everything that's happened."

"Applejack, I already forgave you even though you truly did not do much wrong. I hope now though, that you will trust me when I say that my whole self, in body and spirit, belong with you and you alone."

"You bet Rares. I love you."

"I love you too Applejack."

"Sooo... I like the name Marmalade. It's cute and fun to say."

"Oh Applejack."

Author's Note:

(Hides self in shame for the long wait.)