• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 4,306 Views, 64 Comments

The Best things are a Rarity - mlpserenity



Rarity and Applejack have been married for over 2 years, but what's this? Rarity is pregnant?

  • ...
10
 64
 4,306

Good news......I think

One week after their reunion, things had returned to normal, well normal for Rarity and Applejack. With both of their careers requiring large time commitments, these romantic get togethers did not happen too often, but to Rarity, that only made the few times they did occur that much more special.

With the town getting back into the swing of things, so to did the Carousel Boutique. This morning, however, was proving to not be a pleasant one when Rarity's wake up call was not in the form of her nightstand mounted clock, but rather her stomach threatening to expel its contents over her silken bedsheets and covers. With great alarm, she rushed into her bathroom, got onto her knees, leaned her head over the toilet and vomited, making sure to use her magic to keep her hair out of the way. In her rush, she failed to notice that her little sister, Sweetie Belle, was also in the bathroom, getting ready to go to school.

"Rarity, are you okay?", asked her rather concerned sister.

"I'm fine Sweetie. I guess something that didn't sit quite well with me last night decided until now to take action", Rarity responded while going over to the sink to rinse out her mouth.

"Maybe you should go see the doctor."

"I'm sure it's nothing. Now hurry along, you don't want to be late for school."

"Mmmmmm...okay", grumbled the little filly as she left for school.

"Have a nice day Sweetie", Rarity managed to yell before she heard the front door close.

She didn't really know know why she suddenly vomited so early in the morning, but she paid it no mind. Nothing was going to spoil her lunch date with Applejack.

"Oh, that reminds me." She looked over at the clock. "Thank goodness I still have plenty of time."

The rest of the morning was spent doing her usual routine, which was to clean the house, pretty herself up, and make sure to groom Opalescence, that is when she ever let her. She then moved on to her kitchen to begin cooking up her meal for her and Applejack. She had planned a small picnic for them to enjoy a little alone time together before work would inevitably separate them again.

She packed up the food, a large blanket and a bottle of her 'good' wine into her basket. Off she was to Sweet Apple Acres, with lunch in tow and a spring in her step.


"Sweet Celestia, yah really outdone yourself this time Rarity."

In front of Applejack was not a lunch, but a feast. Three salad bowls with a variety of greens, carrots, berries, nuts and loads more to make a salad that was all your fantasies come to life. Three plates covered in foil contained cherry fritters, apple fritters and some chocolate lover's cupcakes, Applejack's favorites. Finally, to wash it all down, a bottle of what looked to be rather 'fancy' wine.

"I believe that even something as simple as a meal should be special in its presentation", Rarity proclaimed as she uncorked the wine.

"Rares, anything you make for me is special ", Applejack said quietly while a light blush crept onto her cheeks. Applejack was never much for the sappy stuff, but when it was just her and Rarity, she knew she could do so without ridicule.

"Anything for you my dearest", Rarity said flirtatiously as she leaned in and gave Applejack a light peck on her lips. She loved to tease.

A little over an hour passed with them talking about their businesses and how successful they were, but mainly how time consuming it all was. From that, the crusaders antics and phenomena that seemed to always find a way into Ponyville, time was precious. They knew that and didn't spend it, but rather cherished it as it flew by.

Rarity began to feel her stomach making the same threats as in the morning, so she began to excuse herself, "Excuse me Applejack I think I have to..", but she couldn't finish before she had to cover her mouth and rush away before she ruined their meal.

Applejack rushed after her, concerned. Rarity had stopped behind a tree and Applejack turned away as she saw her vomiting. "Rarity you okay?"

"It's nothing Applejack."

"You're vomiting. That ain't nothin'. Are yah sick?"

"No need for concern. It's only the second time this has happened today so-"

"Second time?! That is definitely not nothin'. C'mon, I'm takin' you to the doctor."

"But Applejack-"

"But nothin'."

After helping Rarity up and packing away the picnic, they dropped off the basket at Applejack's house and left for the hospital.


When they arrived, Rarity explained to Nurse Redheart what was going on. Redheart told Rarity that they would have to run some tests to figure out the problem and lead Rarity away into the lab. Applejack was unfortunately told she would have to wait, but she did, ever concerned for her wife's health.

About an hours passed, but it felt like an eternity for Applejack as her mind began to plague her with the worst outcomes. Her agony was slightly relieved when she saw Rarity coming down the hallway. "How'd it go?"

"They just ran some tests. They said they would have the results in about thirty minutes. If you wouldn't mind waiting..."

"Course ah wouldn't, sugarcube."

They sat holding hooves in silence until the doctor came and told them he had the test results. They followed him into his office and sat down worriedly. "What's wrong with me doctor", asked a slightly frightened Rarity.

"I have good news..... I think."

"Yah think?"

"Well there is no way to put this delicately, so here it is. Rarity is pregnant."

"I'm..I'm..I'm p-preg-"

"Pregnant?!", Applejack yelled while slamming her hooves on the table. "Doc I think your testing machines are a bit outdated. Ain't no way Rarity is pregnant."

"I'm sorry Applejack, we even ran the test twice and checked the results three times. She is indeed pregnant."

Silence filled the room for bit before being broken, by sobs from Applejack. "How could yah do this to me Rarity?!"

Rarity gasped as she figured out what the implication was. "I would never do that to you Applejack", answered Rarity with a look of fear and concern on her face.

Applejack shot up from her seat, "Oh yeah?! Tell that to the foal growin in your stomach!". With that, she bolted out of the room and the hospital, leaving behind a confused and shocked Rarity.

I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a child. I'm going to be a mother. These were the thoughts that ran through her head at first, but not for long. Applejack. What am i going to do? Her heart was telling her to rush after her wife to try and comfort her, but the rational part of her said no. I can't just go after her. She's furious and without proof, although my words alone should be proof enough, it will only get worse if I go see her now. I have to find out how and why this has happened and I know just the pony to help me. Twilight.