• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 2,289 Views, 93 Comments

My Girl Fluttershy - White_Cloud



A story about one pony's love for Fluttershy, and his journey to winning her heart

  • ...
11
 93
 2,289

Chapter 15: Memories of an Earth Pony

It had been several weeks since the events of Sapphire Desire had happened, and things seemed to be returning back to normal. Every day, Fluttershy and I grew more and more in love as we spent many of our days together. I never wanted to be apart from her, and it seemed she felt the same. However, there had been something in the works from me; something that, if it went off just right would make me the happiest stallion in all of Equestria. I paced around my living room and once again stopped at my desk. I pulled open my drawer and breathed a sigh of relief as the object I stared at was still sitting where I had put it. I closed the drawer back up, but once again started to pace. I don’t know if I can do it. I don’t know if it’s the right time. What if she says no? What does that mean these months have been?

I couldn’t keep my mind from racing with thoughts as I once again completed a circuit of the room. If I do this, it has to be perfect. Nothing can go wrong! I still felt incredibly nervous, but I figured it was only going to get worse the longer I trotted around. I went over to the desk, opened the drawer, and pulled the object out. Being ever so gentle, I took it and placed it in the bottom of one of my saddle bags. The butterflies in my stomach intensified as I placed the bags on my back and opened my front door.

As I stepped outside, the air seemed stifling. I started down the lane and turned onto the road that led towards Ponyville. I tried to calm myself down, but the butterflies would have nothing to do with that. My legs felt rubbery with each step that brought me closer to the town. As I neared the square, I began to feel the sudden urge to run back to my house and forget the whole thing. It’s never going to work Cloud. She’s going to say no. I swallowed a large lump in my throat that had formed as I crossed the crowded square and made my way over to Fluttershy’s cottage. As her home came into view, I closed my eyes and turned around. There it is! Oh, I don’t know if I can do this. How is she going to react? Is she going to run away without a word? No Cloud, you have to do this. It’s time. Now pull yourself together, and knock on the door. I felt slightly better as I took a deep breath and trotted up to the door. Knocking lightly, I heard Fluttershy say, “I’ll be out in a minute.”

I waited for a moment until I heard hooves heading towards the door. As it silent opened, I smiled as I saw Fluttershy standing there.

“Hello Cloud! You ready for our picnic?” I patted my saddle bags.

“Got everything we need right here. You ready to go?” I hoped the nervousness I felt didn’t come through my voice, but Fluttershy didn’t seem to notice if it had. She smiled as she turned around and spoke.

“Now Angel, I will be back later to feed all of you. You behave while I’m out.” I saw Angel hop into view as he saluted Fluttershy. She smiled as she closed the door and turned back to me. “So, where do you want to go today?” I began to shake a little; it was starting.

“Well, I was thinking about that hill where we had our first picnic together. It’s such a beautiful day, and I’m sure the view is breathtaking.” Fluttershy thought for a moment, and I was afraid she was going to suggest a different location.

“That sounds wonderful Cloud.” I let out a silent sigh of relief as Fluttershy began to trot away. That was close Cloud.
Hopefully everything else will go smoothly.

……

We finally made it to the top of the hill just as the sun was beginning to set. It was just like when we had our first date together. I quickly laid out the blanket and began to unpack the food I had prepared. I tried to recreate everything that we had on that first night. It had taken me a while to remember everything, but it had turned out perfect. As we sat on the blanket and talked, the sun was slowly beginning to slip past the horizon. The river was sparkling, like it was filled with thousands of gems. The sky had turned beautiful shades of orange and pink and the forest looked so peaceful. I stared at Fluttershy as she downed the last piece of her apple and gently wiped her mouth with a napkin.

“That was wonderful Cloud.” She stared out over the scenery as I started to stack up everything. “You know, I have always loved this spot. It’s just so breathtaking. But what makes it even better is when you’re here with me to share it.” She turned and smiled at me. I sat there as the butterflies returned, and in greater force. I was shaking like a leaf and my heart was racing. But it was time.

“Fluttershy, I think I left the dessert in my saddle bags. Would you mind grabbing it for me?” My heart skipped a beat when she didn’t answer right away, but it was just a few seconds before she got up and headed over to the bags. I watched her intently as she reached the bags, opened the pouch, and stuck a hoof in.

“I don’t feel anything Cloud.” Oh no, did it fall out on our way up here? My mind started racing, trying to think of where it might have gotten lost. But then I heard,

“Cloud?” I looked, and she had pulled it out. “Cloud? What is this?” I quickly got up and trotted over to her. Taking it from her, I got down on a knee.

“Fluttershy…from the day I first saw you, I knew you were the one pony for me. You looked so beautiful, but I was afraid to talk to you. But once you spoke to me, I knew I couldn’t let you go. Each and every day, I long to be near you, to spend time with you. And every day, I find something new about you that deepens my love for you. We have been through some rough times, but each time we come out stronger. I love you Fluttershy. I love you more than ever, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So I have one question. Will you marry me?” My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to burst from my chest. At first Fluttershy stood there in stunned silence. She made no sound and was as solid as a statue. I couldn’t tell what she was thinking, and my heart began to sink. She’s going to say no. I knew it…. But then I saw tears begin to well up in her eyes. I was still wary, but my hopes began to rise one more. A smile began to form on her face as she trotted up to me and I held my breath as she leaned in.

“Yes.” It was so quiet I thought I was just imagining it. But then she spoke a little louder. “Yes!” I felt like letting out a whoop of joy as I slid the ring onto her hoof. Standing up, I grabbed her in the tightest hug and began to fiercely kiss her. “Yes Cloud! I will marry you!” She said in-between kisses. My face wore the biggest grin it could produce as I stepped back and tried to catch my breath. We stared at each other as the moment continued to sink in. The sun had finally finished setting and the full moon was surrounded by the twinkling of millions of stars.

“Fluttershy, you have no idea how happy you have made me.” She trotted over to me and gently kissed me on the mouth.

“You have no idea how happy you have made me.” As we kissed under the stars, a small thought began to worm its way into my head.

……

It was several days later and Fluttershy was already hard at work beginning preparations for the wedding. I tried to stay out of her way unless she asked for my opinion on something. But on this day, that little thought had finally blossomed into a fully realized thought. I knew I had to do this before the wedding, but I didn’t know how Fluttershy was going to react. When I was finally able to catch her at a low point, I sat her down on her couch.

“Fluttershy, I feel there is something I need to do before we get married. Something I should have done a long time ago.” Fluttershy looked a little puzzled.

“What is so important Cloud?” I cleared my throat as I explained my plan. After a moment, Fluttershy said, “Your right Cloud. You do need to do this. You need to find closure for this part of your past.” She gently kissed me on the cheek. “I will be with you Cloud, even if I’m not physically there.” A small tear began to well up in my eyes as I said good bye and headed to the train station. I dreaded what I had to do, but this needed to be done so that I could put that part of my life behind me.

……

As I walked up to the door, I wanted to just turn and run away and not have to face what I had come here to do. I hadn’t been this nervous since I had proposed to Fluttershy. Clearing my throat, I steeled myself for what might happen and gently knocked on the door. For a brief moment, I feared no one was home, but then I heard hooves on a wooden floor coming towards the door. I heard a lock click and then the door began to swing open. I immediately recognized the pony that stood in the doorway.

“Can I help you?” I smiled as I stared at the mare in front of me. It had been many years since I had last seen her, but she was still just as beautiful.

“Hello Golden Mane.” She was visibly startled as she took a step back.

“H-How do you know my name? Who are you?” I cleared my throat once more.

“It’s me, White Cloud.” She seemed to ponder this for a moment, and then she did the most unexpected thing. A look of shock came on her face as she sprinted out to me and embraced me. I could hear her beginning to cry as she tried to speak.

“White C-Cloud? Is it really you?” Her crying intensified as I stood there with my sisters hooves wrapped around me. I was in shock. This isn’t what I was expecting. I was expecting the door to be slammed in my face or to be screamed at in rage. What’s going on? When it seemed that Golden’s crying was easing away, I gently pushed her away.

“It really is me Golden.” I smiled at her as she wiped away the few tears still rolling down her face.

“I didn’t recognize you. It’s been so long since I last saw you. You cut your mane. I like it.”

“Could we go inside? There’s some things I want to talk to you about.” Golden smiled at my suggestion.

“Of course! Come in, Come in!” She quickly rushed back inside as I followed behind her at a slower pace. I hadn’t stepped foot inside this house for many years, and it held so many terrible and painful memories. But I tried to brush those aside as I walked through the hallway and into the entrance hall. The house felt much warmer than it was the last time I had seen it. The curtains were all drawn away and sunlight poured in through the tall windows. It felt like a home that was cared for and well loved. Golden beckoned me towards the study as I stood looking around. I slowly trotted in and stood there as she went and sat on the couch.

“You can sit here Cloud.” She said, patting the cushion next to her. “I’m sure you have lots to say.” I wasn’t really sure where to begin. But I did know that I couldn’t leave here until I had repaired the damage I had done. I trotted over and sat down, but I couldn’t look her in the eye. Golden seemed to notice this. “What is it Cloud?” I felt guilt begin to rise up in my as I took and deep breathe and dived in.

“Golden, I don’t know any way to make this better. That night that I left, I was a broken pony. It doesn’t excuse my actions, and I have to live with what I did. But what I did was wrong, and you need to know this. I regret everything I did. And leaving you alone with the rest of the family was the worst decision I have ever made. It has haunted me every day since I left.” I felt tears begin to form in my eyes as I continued. “I regret never saying goodbye. I regret everything that happened with Sapphire. Everything I did was horrible and irresponsible. I’m not going to make excuses for what I did. And I know that nothing I can say will ever reverse what I did. But you have to know how sorry I am. I am so sorry I left you when you needed me the most. I’m sorry for abandoning you and leaving you to care for the family on your own.” I began to weep as I covered my eyes with my hooves. All I could say was, “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry.” I continued to repeat this over and over, when I felt a hoof wrap around my shoulders. I uncovered my eyes to see Golden staring at me as tears rolled down her face.

“Cloud…I don’t know what to say. When you left, I was furious. I hated you for everything you had done. And it wasn’t easy raising our siblings on my own, but I couldn’t abandon them. I stuck to it and raised them the best way I knew how. It was so hard, but in the end it was worth it. I was finally able to forgive you Cloud. After a long time, I was finally able to do it. It wasn’t easy, but you are still part of this family.” She stared into my eyes as she drew closer. “I know how much the pain of losing mother hit you. I could see it in your eyes every time I saw you trot by. You’re my brother Cloud…and nothing is going to change that. No matter what you did, I still love you. It’s taken me many years to come to this, but I do forgive you. I’ve missed you Cloud.” She then wrapped both hooves around me and whispered into my ear. “I love you Cloud, and I’ve missed you. Welcome home.”

……

I called up Fluttershy to see how she was doing. She said that her friends were really helping to take a lot of the stress away. Several days had passed as I talked with Golden for many hours, catching her up on everything that I had done. I told her that she was invited to the wedding and her eyes lit up just like I had seen them do when we were foals. She seemed so excited to meet Fluttershy, and I told her that the two of them would get along wonderfully. On the third day, I had to get back to Ponyville and help Fluttershy with whatever she needed. As Golden and I stood on the train platform, she had tears in her eyes as we said out goodbyes. I told her I would see her soon as I boarded the train and it pulled out of the station. As I sat in the train car thinking about everything that had gone on, it brought a smile to my face. I knew that I could finally have peace about Golden and my past, and I knew my future was going to be bright.

As I closed my eyes to catch some sleep on my way back to Ponyville, the vision of Golden standing on the platform waving goodbye was forefront in my mind. As the train rolled on gently rocking me to sleep, I knew that everything was going to be ok.

……

Stop fidgeting Cloud! You’re going to mess up your suit! The collar was unbearably close to my throat as I stood on the stairs waiting. It felt like I was being choked by soft fabric as my heart beat like a thousand drums. The crowd that was seated in front of me was quietly murmuring amongst themselves as we waited patiently. Finally a hush went over the crowd as a flock of brightly colored birds landed on several layers of a bird perch. After the last one had landed, they began to sing a gentle, soothing tune as the crowd stood and turned around. The doors opened revealing a sight that took my breath away.

Fluttershy stood on the other sided, garbed in a flowing green dress with a long train. Her head was wreathed in daisies and she wore an emerald necklace. As she began to slowly make her way up the aisle, more birds flew in behind her and lifted up her train. My smile widened as she neared the steps and then began to climb them. Once she reached my side, I stared into her beautiful green eyes as we climbed the last few steps together. The vows were short and simple, but they were words that everypony in that building would remember. As we were pronounced as husband and wife, we had a long and passionate kiss as the crowd burst into cheers and applause. We turned, hoof in hoof, smiling like fools as we quickly trotted down the steps and out the door.

We then made our way to the reception as the crowd began to drift in. The party had been put together by the only pony who knew how to do a party right. As Pinkie began to MC the festivities, we began to slowly make our rounds to everypony that had attended. As we neared the end, Fluttershy saw her friends dancing to the music. They came over and hugged Fluttershy tightly.

“That was one great ceremony, sugar cube. I don’t think ah ever seen a more beautiful sight.” Fluttershy blushed a little at this compliment.

“You’re so lucky Fluttershy! You got an awesome stallion!” Rainbow exclaimed excitedly as she hovered above.

“It’s true darling! He is not hard on the eyes.” Rarity was eyeing me, and it made me blush a little.

“Rarity!” Twilight exclaimed. She then turned and hugged Fluttershy once more. “I’m so happy for you Fluttershy. I hope one day I can find my special somepony.”

“I’m sure you will Twilight.” Fluttershy said quietly. All of a sudden, a pink blur came streaking past me and right up to Fluttershy.

“I’m so excited for you! You were so pretty and the birds were lovely and the flowers smelled good and then the kissing and the clapping and the cheering! I hope you like the party! I pulled out all the stops! I’m just so excited!” Pinkie was bouncing all over the place as she continued to talk. Finally Applejack was able to get her to calm down.

“Ah think we better leave these two love birds alone.”

“I agree Applejack.” Rarity said as she sipped her tea. Each pony then hugged Fluttershy once more and then headed off to mingle.

“Well, I think that’s everypony.” I said, glancing around before I leaned over and gave Fluttershy a kiss.

“Oh Cloud, this day is the happiest I have ever been.” She smiled at me as we stood there and watched everypony talking, eating, and dancing. The rest of the evening was a blur as we cut the wedding cake and then danced to a couple songs. When a carriage pulled up and a white stallion opened the door, we quickly said our goodbyes and stepped inside. The stallion shut the door and soon we were on our way to our honeymoon. As we sat in the back and just held each other, both of us had the same thought going through our heads.

This night is perfect…

Author's Note:

And here it is ladies and gentlemen. The final installment of My Girl Fluttershy. I hope you enjoyed my little story.

Now, I did mention that I had a little secret that I would share once this chapter got posted. And now it's time to reveal it. This is not the end of the story. In fact, there is more that I would like to write for these characters. Think of MGF as a chapter in a longer novel. I have ideas for how I would like to write a sequel, but it's going to take time to really hammer all the details out.

But until then, I thank you for reading this story and for supporting it.

Comments ( 11 )

best................ending..............................................................EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR YAY! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

This is better than the Canterlot wedding! And Rarity eyeing on White Cloud, that made my day! Though this is the only story I've read with a wedding so far, I really love how you wrote it! Thank you for writing this. I loved it from the moment I saw your story in the 'New Stories' section. Keep writing, my friend. :twilightblush: :yay: :raritywink:

A wonderful end to this story! I was hoping there'd be some sort of sequel! :yay: Keep up the fantastic work! :twilightsmile:

Great ending. Looking forward to the sequel.:pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Lord of Onichan deleted Aug 7th, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :raritycry:

2985219

What's wrong? Did you not like the ending?

Comment posted by Lord of Onichan deleted Jul 14th, 2015

Carp, I forgot what was in this, I have to reread it

PS Reading by The Captain Sand/Scarlet Blade on YouTube

2987184
That's the guy who anti-ships you
2985219
Don't like don't read dude. Dead dove.

Login or register to comment