• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 7,109 Views, 173 Comments

A Dragon's Depression - rarityxspike



Spike's depression has lead him to do something that puts his life on the line.

  • ...
11
 173
 7,109

Chapter 5 - Rarity's Past

Rarity opened the door, but before she left she turned around to face Twilight. She looked at Twilight with watery eyes.

"Twilight, if anything should happen--"

"You'll be the first to know"

Twilight gave Rarity a warm smile, which Rarity returned.

"Thank you Twilight"

They both smiled, and then Rarity left and made her way to the boutique. Rarity was still worried about Spike.

"I hope I can get through to him" Rarity thought out loud.

Rarity just kept thinking.

What could have possibly set it off though?

As Rarity tried to answer her own question, she started to worry.

Oh no! What if I've made it worse! I would never be able to forgive myself for hurting my little Spikey-Wikey

Rarity was lost in he thoughts until she bumped in to somepony

"Oof!"

After Rarity recovered from the collision, she looked up to see she had bumped into Fluttershy.

"Oh my goodness, Rarity, I'm so sorry"

Rarity smiled

"It's okay dear, no need to apologise, after all I wasn't looking where I was going"

"Oh, if you say so, Rarity"

Fluttershy had noticed Rarity wasn't herself.

"Rarity, is everything okay, you seem... down"

"Oh yes, darling. Everything is fine" Rarity smiled

Fluttershy wasn't convinced, but didn't want to bother her friend.

"Well... okay, but you know I'm here if you want to talk"

"Yes! Thank you, dear"

Rarity and Fluttershy both smiled.

"Well, I better be going, Angel needs to have his tail fluffed"

"Sure, dear. Are we still on for tomorrow?"

Fluttershy's expression showed that she was lost. Rarity was just about to help her out, but before she could say a word, Fluttershy remembered.

"Oh yes! Our spa appointment! Most definitely two O' clock, right?"

Rarity nodded

"That's right, dear. Well, see you tomorrow"

Fluttershy waved as Rarity started to make her way to the boutique. As Rarity started to walk she was, once again, lost in her thoughts about Spike.

I couldn't have made it worse, I chose my words very carefully, didn't I?

Rarity made it to her boutique, she unlocked the door and walked in. Once she was inside she started to think out loud instead of in her head.

“I hope I'm not making it worse, I know what it's like”



----------Back when Rarity was a teenage pony----------



“Bye mum, bye dad, I'm off to school!”

“Bye sweetheart!”

Rarity was on her way to meet her friend, Fairy Heart, so they could walk to school together. Fairy Heart and Rarity has been best friends ever since they met back in Year 1, in Primary School.

Rarity made it to Fairy Heart's house and knocked on the door, there was no answer for a while, Rarity was about to knock again then the door opened, it was Fairy Heart's mother.

“Oh! Good morning, Mrs. Heart. Is Fairy ready for school?”

“Oh, Rarity! I'm sorry, but Fairy's not feeling to good, she is unable to make it today”

Rarity excited smile turned into a frown.

“Oh, okay. Be sure to tell her I said, I hope she gets better soon”

Mrs. Heart smiled

“Thank you, Rarity, and of course I will”

Rarity started to make her way to school.

“Bye Mrs. Heart”

“Bye Rarity”

Rarity kept waving until Mrs. Heart went back inside. She slowly continued walking to school letting out the occasional sigh of disappointment now and then, but then she thought,

Come on, Rarity. It's not Fairy's fault she's ill

So she held her head high and started to walk her original speed.

When Rarity made it to school she went straight to class and sat down at her desk. She sat silently waiting for the teacher to start the lesson, when suddenly she felt something hit her head, she looked around and saw two colts whistling suspiciously, Rarity just turned back around and saw the teacher walking in. After a few minutes she felt a tap on her shoulder she looked around to one of the colts from before with a note in his mouth, Rarity took the note.

“Read it!” said the colt.

Rarity turned around and placed the note on the desk in front of her, she unfolded the note cautiously. When it was fully unfolded it read:

Where's your girlfriend? FILLYFOOLER!!!

Rarity screwed up the note, turned around, and threw it at the colt who, at the time, wasn't looking.

“Hey!”

He gave Rarity an evil glare as he continued to speak.

“Don't chuck things at me!”

“Then don't pass me offensive notes”

Rarity turned back around not seeing the colt smile mischievously. He then raised his hoof.

“Miss! Rarity chucked a piece of paper at me with offensive things on it!”

Rarity looked back around.

“What!? No I didn't!”

Miss Marsh, a white unicorn with a blue mane, looked up at the two ponies. She walked over to the two ponies.

“Let me see the note”

The colt handed her the note, smiling evilly at Rarity. Miss Marsh read the note and she couldn't believe what she saw.

“Rarity! You know this sort of language is forbidden in my classroom, whether it's spoken or written!”

“But Miss Marsh I didn't even---”

“No excuses, I'll be calling your parents to let them know what has happened”

Rarity pupils shrunk.

“What!? NO!!”

Miss Marsh started to walk back to her desk, while the young colt was poking his tongue at Rarity. Rarity just faced the front with her hooves crossed in annoyance, that's when Miss Marsh stood up from her desk to start teaching.

“Okay class, today we...”



----------Present Day----------



Rarity was just pacing around her living room, thinking out loud.

"A few days after that, everything got out of control. Fairy Heart wasn't in school that whole week, the teasing just got worse, I got grounded for two months for the note incident, then got grounded for four extra months because of my so-called bad behavior at school when nothing was my fault, it was that colt, he kept getting me in trouble, and my parents or teachers wouldn't listen to my side of the story"

Rarity took a deep breath and continued to think of her past. She then remembered what happened when Fairy Heart came back to school.

"Ha! Oh yeah! Then my one and only friend ditched me, because she didn't want to be around an easy target, then again... I couldn't blame her"

Rarity went into the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea, she started think when she got in the same situation as Spike.

"I had no friends, my parents wouldn't listen to me and I was crying myself to sleep every night. I no control over what was happening in my life, and controlling my weight and what I ate was my way of getting control over something"

Rarity took a sip of her tea

"At first it felt great, but my mum caught me on many occasions, skipping or throwing up meals. It wasn't until that one day, that one day she caught me, that one day... she had enough"

----------Back when Rarity was a teenage pony----------

Rarity came downstairs about 11:00am. She sat down on the sofa next to her mum, who was watching TV.

“Morning dear”

“Morning mum”

“Would you like some breakfast?”

“Yeah, I'll get some in a minute”

Rarity's mum stood up and started to make her way to the kitchen.

“No worries, I don't mind doing it”

Rarity's pupils were now the size of pinpricks.

“WAIT... MUM!!”

Rarity's mum looked back with a surprised and puzzled look on her face.

“Ahem... Sorry, but don't worry, you were watching TV, I'll do it”

Rarity smiled sheepishly.

“Well... okay, but you didn't have to shout”

“Sorry mum”

Rarity's mum went back to the sofa, made herself comfortable and continued watching TV.

A few hours had passed and Rarity's mum was cooking lunch, and when she went to chuck some carrot peels in the bin, she found most of Rarity's, so-called “eaten breakfast” in the bin.

“Oh, that mare is in major trouble”

She stormed up to Rarity's room and swung the door open.

“Care to explain why you didn't eat your breakfast, young filly”

Rarity seemed startled and hid a bag behind her back as her mum walked up to her.

“And do you mind showing me what's in that bag you just hid behind your back?”

“It's nothing!”

As her mum got closer, Rarity tried to cover the bag even more. Rarity's mum used her magic to grab the bag. What she saw in the bag horrified her and she was about to rage.

“Rarity! Is this what I think it is?”

Rarity sheepishly smiled at her mum.

“That depends, what do you think it is?”

Rarity's mum was about to explode out of anger.

“Don't be smart with me young filly, did you throw up what you did decide to eat this morning in this bag?”

Rarity slowly nodded

“Right! That's it! You're seeing a doctor, I thought after what happened to Fairy, you would've stopped! You have no idea...”



----------Present Day----------



Rarity chuckled

“I remember begging for forgiveness, I was promising to eat, and I hated my mum for making me go to the doctors, but now I couldn't be more grateful”

Rarity smile soon turned into a frown a she thought about Spike.

“I hope Spike is okay, please don't let him get worse”