• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 2,560 Views, 70 Comments

Twilight Sparkle DOESN'T Become An Alicorn! - GhostofSandwich



After a miserably failed spell and failed attempts to fix it, Twilight gets a visit from a less than pleased Princess.

  • ...
30
 70
 2,560

Twilight Sparkle DOESN'T Become An Alicorn!

"Spike! We've got a problem..." Twilight yelled to her assistant as Rarity caused a lighting bolt to strike Bon Bon, which also caused Derpy to laugh evilly.

"What is it this time? Seriously, we've gotten into like, 70 problems since we moved to this town!"

"Spike, shut it. This time we got a real problem!"

"Yeah? So Rarity is shocking ponies and had Rainbow Dash's cutie mark. Didn't affect her flank none!" Twilight gave her assistant a smack on the back of the head; a less than amused expression on her face.

"If you're just going to joke, then go back and go to bed! Not like you could help or anything. Seriously, after that mistake with Applejack, I noticed just how clumsy you were. Come to think of it, how have you ever helped?" He shrugged.

"I never have! I'm going back to bed. Let me know when your drama is done with." The tiny dragon walked back to the tree-house, leaving Twilight overlooking the chaos that Rarity was causing. Three houses were on fire and Derpy was flying upside down. Wait, that part is normal.

"Oh, what am I going to do? Come on, Twilight! Think!" She stood on her hind legs and clapped her hooves together as a idea came to her. She quickly ran to the general store and grabbed some paint. Running back to Rarity, she painted three diamonds horribly onto her Flank.

"Twilight, what ever are you doing to my Cutie Mark?!"

"Shut up! I'm fixing your destiny!" The three diamonds finished, she backed away and admired her work. It didn't fix anything, but she distracted Rarity long enough to stop her chaos.

"That's going to take forever to wash out!"

"I DON'T CARE!" Without any warning, Twilight levitated the white unicorn and tossed her aside. One friend down, four to go! She quickly rushed over to Sweet Apple Acres, where a less than happy Pinkie was trying to buck trees. How failing to buck a tree can cause an entire apple orchard to die immediately, nopony knew. But she managed to do it.

"Stop bucking those trees, Pinkie!" Twilight skidded to halt as she neared Pinkie and leaned down next to her with the necessary paint to fix her cutie mark.

"I have to! It's my destiny, apparently..."

"Not anymore it's not!" She leaned away from Pinkie as she finished painting the cutie mark. Honestly, it looked like a horribly painting of three blobs. Twilight never was much of an artist, but it got the job done!

"Uh, I don't think it works like tha-"

"Shut up and go make ponies laugh!" Teleporting the party pony to the center of Ponyville, she made her way to the Carousel Boutique, where Applejack was making terrible monstrosities that should be burned in a bonfire of homeless ponies. Scratch that, they weren't even good enough for that.

"Applejack! Cease the making of those terrible, terrible dresses!"

"Uh, Twilight... That's your reflection." Twilight stopped as she was about to punch a nearby mirror.

"Of course it is... Of course it is." Grabbing her paintbrush, she painted three 'apples' onto Applejack's flank.

"Why did you just paint a murder scene on my flank, Twilight?"

"It's three apples!" Applejack looked back at it once more. Nope, that looked like a murder scene.

"If you say so..."

"Now, go buck some trees!"

"But, I have to finish-"

"Buck." Twilight levitated Applejack by her tail. "The." She aimed her towards the window. "TREES!" Applejack went flying out the window to the Orchard. Unfortunately, she started to attempt to make a dress for a tree out of apple seeds.

"Okay, now there's just Rainbow and Fluttershy..." She dashed off towards Fluttershy's cottage and opened the door to it. All of the animals were currently using Rainbow Dash as a pinata, hitting her with a very large carrot. Where the carrot came from, I blame Discord.

"Twlight- ouch! Help me, pl- OW!" Twilight sighed and tossed all of the animals aside. Pulling Rainbow towards her, she began to paint her cutie mark back onto her. Somehow, she managed to paint it completely perfectly. Seriously, it was so amazing that it overwrote Fluttershy's cutie mark and actually gave Rainbow her spirit back.

"Whoa, what happened?" Rainbow looked up and saw all of the animals around her. "Why am I in Fluttershy's cottage? And why is it storming outside? Today isn't a storm day!"

"It worked? I mean, it worked!"

"I have a feeling that it's a long story, so I'm just going to go fix the weather..." She dashed out the window into the rain. Unfortunately, she forgot it was painted on... Within seconds, the cutie mark was gone and she was back to Flutterdash. Twilight, however, didn't notice this and made her way to the town center to paint three pink butterflies on Fluttershy's flank.

"Uhm... Why did the chicken cross the road?" She was standing on the fountain, attempting to do terrible stand up. Pinkie was on the other side of the fountain looking into the water.

"Why?"

"Because it was looking for chicks?" The only sound that could be heard were crickets and the sounds of hooves hitting foreheads. Seriously, Jersey Shore was better than that joke. Oh wait, no, that joke is still better. But not by much!

"Fluttershy, you are the worst comedian ever." Twilight quickly painted three butterflies onto Fluttershy's flank. Okay, so they looked more like three pink blobs... At least that managed to get the crowd laughing.

"Nice one, Twilight!"

"Shut up back there, Lyra!" Lyra aimed her head down and walked away.

"Oh my, what is that supposed to be?" Fluttershy was struggling to look at her flank, trying to make sense of what Twilight had placed on it.

"It's three butterflies!"

"No... No... That looks like chewed bubblegum." Twilight's eyes filled with tears as her artistic prowess was finally realized.

"Your right... I'm a terrible artist. Oh well, at least I tried. SPIKE!" The dragon appeared from nowhere next to Twilight's side.

"What? Call me to apologize?"

"No, called you to say my plan failed. Looks like our friends are screwed to have their destinies ruined."

"Our friends? Look, I just live with you because you give me stuff... I'm just going to leave now, because Celestia is behind you and she looks pretty mad." Spike darted away from the town as Twilight turned to Celestia, who in fact looked quite angry.

"Twilight, I am disappoint. You had one job, Twilight. How hard is it to make your own magic that even Starswirl the bearded couldn't make? Honestly! All you had to do was make your friends realize how much they cared for each other and have them do what they were actually meant to do. But... Seriously... You painted their cutie marks onto them?!"

"Y-yes." Celestia facehoofed.

"Yeah, you failed the test. Discord!" Suddenly, a flash of light overtook everything. Discord appeared in the town center and with a sigh, put everything back to normal.

"I was in the middle of a bubble bath... A CHOCOLATE BUBBLE BATH! You ruined my night..." He teleported back to Canterlot.

"Not only will you not be fulfilling your destiny and become a princess-"

"I was going to be a princess if I did this?"

"Yes, but not know... Not only will you not become a princess, I'm also going to be taking your magic all together!" A flash of light appeared on Twilight's head. Reaching up, she discovered she no longer had a horn.

"My horn!"

"Applejack, since you had the grapes to send me a letter saying you learned nothing, your my new student." A horn appeared on Applejack's head, along with her having all of Twilight's magic.

"Yeehaw! It's secretly what I always wanted..."

"B-but..." Twilight looked at Celestia, then to Applejack who was transforming everything into anything. Everypony was now crowded around Applejack, congratulating her for her upgrade to unicorn.

"I'm not done yet, my most failure of a student... Applejack will still retain her life, which means she will both be my student and run her farm. But you... You're coming back to Canterlot to serve as Luna's student."

"Do I even get a chance to redeem myself?"

"No, but Luna will show you the ways of the earth pony... In time, you will be allowed to come back. By that time, however, Applejack will be the new Princess." She turned to Applejack and her four friends. "Twilight is coming with me. You can have Derpy. She's the new element of Honesty." The five friends nodded happily, causing Twilight's jaw to fall open.

"That's fine! She won't be able to ever lie, especially since she never even knows what the truth is..." The necklaces appeared onto the four mares, the magic crown thingy on Applejack. Derpy appeared a moment later, the element of Honesty (now a large bubble) on her neck. With her usual Derpy expression, she looked down at her new accessory and smiled.

"Yay! I'm not a background pony anymore!" She started hopping happily up and down. By this time, the other Elements had already forgotten Twilight existed.

"Come on, Twilight... Luna is ready for her bath."

"Wait, WHAT?!"

"Oh, did I say student? I mean personal butler..." Celestia's face twisted into a horrible monstrosity complete with wrinkles and a large smile that invoked anger into Twilight.

"NO!"

"Problem, Twilight?" The two teleported to Canterlot.

And not a single song was sung that day.

Author's Note:

I don't even know... Seriously, this story should NEVER have been made. Oh well! Now, I'm going go sit in a corner and think about what I've done.

Comments ( 69 )

You know, when the grammar in the title is incorrect, I tend not to read the story. It should be "Become An Alicorn". You say "an" if the next word begins with a vowel, or what sounds like a vowel, and you don't put "become" in lowercase.

I'll still read the fanfic, even though Twilight is my favorite, but please fix that.

EDIT: In the description, it says "faled" instead of "failed".

2138656 Ah, excellent! I love it when someone actually gives me a nice little bit of criticism and corrects something! :pinkiehappy: Thank you for setting that straight!

Yes something I enjoyed

2138671 Don't forget to capitalize the A in "an".

2138732 :facehoof: I hate my shift key...

Celestia's face twisted into a horrible monstrosity complete with wrinkles and a large smile that invoked anger into Twilight.

You mean like this?
allmystery.de/i/t6f1902_Princess_Trollestia.png

Some mistakes in grammar, but otherwise I found this story to be hilarious! :rainbowlaugh: I'd advise downloading Ginger: it's a free proof-reader that is easy to use. Also, I'd advise going to Paperrater.com: it's also a proof-reader, and is a bit more comprehensive than Ginger.

I will DEFINETLY favorite this!

2138814 Yes, I'm usually extremely careful of my grammar. This, however, was written in about... Fifteen minutes? But I shall check those sites out for my other stories! TO NARNIA!

This story had some grammar hiccups here and there and also you reused a few phrases. But I liked it, it was short and readable and that good shit, but it could've been better. Make it better, pal.

6.5/10, would clop to in a pinch.

2138883 Can do! I must stop writing stuff in fifteen minutes and not editing it, even if it is a joke story like this!

2138904 Are you kidding? Don't insult joke stories! They're the bomb! I've got a horrible joke story in the works about Scootaloo. It's gonna be better that Spiderses, Cupcakes, and My Little Dashie in a Blendtec (tm) blender!

7 dislikes? Why? This was funny as hell.

2138991 Thank you very much! I now have more watchers than watchees! Also about the story, spoiler alert: Prince Blueblood and Mayor Mare fuck each other with Wii remotes

WAIT DON'T UNWATCH ME PLEASE!!!!!

2139029 Don't worry, it's not that easy to get rid of me... Oh, no... Once I'm watching you, it's permanent! :pinkiecrazy:

2139054 Well then you'd better buckle in, kid!

2139075 Buckled in and ready for awesomeness. Also, I apologize ahead of time for the shameless promotion! :twilightblush: Allow me to place this optional link to another of my completely random stories!

The Misadventures of Dovahkiin

Click or don't click, I just though I'd throw it out there! :twilightsheepish:

2139111 I got banned from /mlp/ so I have all the time in the world for awesomeness!

Celestia's face twisted into a horrible monstrosity complete with wrinkles and a large smile that invoked anger into Twilight.

so yeah
i think this deserves a feature

OMg I lold so hard :rainbowlaugh:

2139325 Happy to provide the lols!

Why would you "counter" something you are totally fine with?

2139884 For the glory of Discord, of course!

YA HAD ONE JOB TWILIGHT. ONE JOB. AND THEN YA WENT AND FUCKED IT UP.

I lol'd. This was both funny and a refreshing change of pace. Green thumbs for all!

2139983 Glad to hear it served its purpose of causing laughter and disrupting the flow of things!

Let's see here...*Pulls out spas-12 and shoots derpy in face killing her* One problem down....<_< *Burns AppleJack alive* *Throws Celestia into Meat Grinder*
Other than that the story was AWESOME

2140446 Thank you ever so graciously, I do say!

Oh and Twilight being Luna's student/Butler is gonna lead to a lot of lol's

2140474 Might do that a story one day...

2138775 And she teleported away.
"Trollolololololllll, heheheee. LALALALA!

2140628 This. This is why I love this fandom. Normal people just are not this fun! :pinkiecrazy:

2140636 It's the crazies that are fun! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

2140660 Wait, there's a song for it? Is there a song for cotton candy clouds?

2140718 Unfortunately, I don't think so... :pinkiesad2:

I find nothing funny in this story, punishment is unfair and make no sense, and you made Twilight act out of character more then it is possible, I fell like this story was just a pull out frustration of not liking Twilight become Alicorn in the show, and so it deserve dislikes it received.

2140873 That is completely fine! No hard feelings here. I knew the moment I thought it that it would get some hate, such is the life of "Troll fics".

this story should NEVER have been made.

Yes.

I'm going go sit in a corner and think about what I've done.

And more yes.

2140888 Can't tell if agreeing, or... You know, because you did favorite it... :applejackconfused: I can't brain after 24 hours of not sleeping! :raritydespair:

2140878

Well, my suggestion is to not make troll fics, I know it is good way to take out your frustration, but lately many fan struggle to accept this change, and many overreact or argue about it for no reason, there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

2140926 Honestly I don't think he cares about Twilight becoming an Alicorn. This was likely something he just did because he could do it and because it would have been mildly entertaining to right. This wasn't meant to be some hate fic, it is at its core a comedy with rather dry direct humor. Sometimes dry direct humor is pretty funny.

"Twilight, I am disappoint.

Should be "disappointed"

I didn't see any other errors.

I DID get a good laugh out of this. Upvoting and favoriting.

2141029 That is actually correct. Making a allusion to this meme...

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

But thank you for pointing it out! :pinkiehappy: Glad you enjoyed.

2141029 I think they were referencing internet humor with that one, kinda like with the "Trollestia" moment.

Edit: Author confirmed while I was reading. :applejackconfused: Ah well, ignore my comment.

2141060 I shall have to look for more of your stuff.

2141115 :facehoof: Didn't think of that lol

Login or register to comment