• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 8,195 Views, 412 Comments

Apple Scratch : A summer at the Farm - Mariacheat-Brony



(Humanized) After their decisive actions during Chrysalis' Invasion of Canterlot, Princess Celestia gives To Vinyl and her 'sister' Applejack an other Mission. One they would have hope it never befalls to them.

  • ...
19
 412
 8,195

Epilogue : The Princess still got it!

Unbeknownst to Octavia, outside of her room, was standing Princess Celestia. The monarch had seen Pinkie and Rainbow going out of Octavia's room, Pinkie panicking and Rainbow running after her with anger and embarrassment. The Princess wanted to ask Octavia what had happened with those two. But before she could knock at the cellist's door, she heard Octavia singing.

What surprised Celestia wasn't the singing, it wasn't news for her that the cellist had good singing voice. What did surprise her, was what and who the song was about. A song about love and Vinyl Apple, that was news! Celestia blinked for a few seconds before smiling fondly. Now she knew what had changed in Octavia and why she had kept on mentioning Vinyl earlier.

She knocked the door and heard a small surprised yelp and a low thud followed by a groan of pain. Apparently, Octavia had been startled by the knocks and fell off her bed. The Princess refrained herself from laughing.

"Come in." Octavia said.

Celestia walked in the cellist's room to see Octavia rubbing her back with a light pained frown on her face. She noticed the small white plush on the bed.

"I would've never thought you'd be one for stuffed animals, Octavia." The Princess noted playfully. "Especially one of a horse."

"Unicorn."

"Pardon?" Celestia blinked.

"It's not a horse, it's a unicorn." Octavia said before grabbing the plush with great care.

"A unicorn with blue mane and tail." Celestia remarked knowingly. "A memento from Ms Vinyl Apple, I presume."

"How did you guess that?" Octavia asked slowly.

"I'm a four thousand years old goddess, Octavia." Celestia said with a serious bragging tone. "I have ways of knowing things that are beyond everyone's understanding."

"You've just heard me singing, haven't you?" Octavia deadpanned her.

"I prefer my version." Celestia sighed with a chuckle. "It makes me look better."

"And you're okay with this?" Octavia asked with caution.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Celestia smiled. "One of my protégées has found love. Who am I to judge this?"

"A four thousand years old goddess?" Octavia jabbed playfully causing the monarch to start laughing. "I'm glad you're okay with this. At least someone other than the girls is." She added with sadness.

"What do you mean?" The Princess asked with concern. "Something happened?"

"My brother happened." Octavia said, before explaining the encounter between Vinyl and Cornelio."...He probably told everything to Father and Mother by now. As I know them, they'll probably take his side."

"Well, you can't be sure about that." Celestia said with compassion. "Your parents might not appreciate that he attacked her first." Celestia couldn't help to growl in anger at the mention of Cornelio's violent behavior.

"I doubt that he told them that part." Octavia shook her head. "He's probably just told that Applejack almost killed him after Vinyl had tossed him around with her magic with 'no reason'." She added, stressing the last two words with air quotes.

"What do you mean by almost killed him?"

"She tried to punch him. He dodged, so she hit a beam from the fence, completely snapping it in two." Octavia explained with a hint of fear in her voice.

"She's that strong?" Celestia asked, pretty impressed.

"You don't know the half of it." Octavia nodded. "Rarity seems to like that 'strong' aspect of Applejack's body." She added with a small chuckle before realizing what she had just said.

"Why would Rarity......Ooooooooh!" Celestia said with a growing smile. "You're not the only one who has found a special someone at the farm, huh?." She asked with a wink.

"Could you please not tell her I told you?" Octavia pleaded.

"My lips are sealed." Celestia nodded happily. "Anyway, let's go and get some lunch." She walked toward the door, passing in front of Octavia's empty suitcases. Well, nearly empty. "Ah. You seem to have forgot something."

The Princess picked up what was in the suitcase. A blank thong and a racy black bikini top. The Princess seemed very surprised Octavia started to blush madly. Celestia looked at Octavia with a sly grin.

"My! My! My! Who would have thought that the prude Octavia Philharmonica had such a kinky swimsuit." Celestia said. "I can't wait to tell the others about it." She added with a wink before dropping the swimsuit back in the suitcase and taking her leave.

"Princess." Octavia whined as she walked after the Sun Monarch.


In the dinning room the girls, Princess Luna and Cadence were all eagerly discussing about the upcoming Equestria Games. The most fervent about it was obviously Rainbow Dash.

"Cloudsdale will host the Games this time, I'm sure about it." Rainbow assured with conviction.

"Rainbow, face it." Twilight said impatiently. "Cloudsdale's never going to host the games."

"And why's that?"

"Because it's in the clouds." Twilight answered matter-of-factly. "That forbids two third of the population to participate or to come watch the Games."

Twilight and Rainbow argued about Cloudsdale possible/impossible chances about hosting the competitions. Celestia came in the room with a playful smirk on her face, followed by a panicked and embarrassed Octavia.

"Girls, guess what I found in Octavia's suitcase." Celestia said cheerfully.

"Princess, please." Octavia begged.

"If it's about her swimsuit, we already know." Pinkie answered happily.

"WHAT?" Octavia shouted. "How do you know about it?"

"Tavi, Twilight woke up at four this morning to check and double check all our suitcases." Pinkie explained.

"You went through my stuff?" Octavia asked scandalized.

"What's all the fracas about her swimming attire?" Luna asked with curiosity.

"It's because it's not really a swimsuit." Rainbow explained with a malevolent grin. "Your napkin would cover more surface than her swimsuit, Princess L."

"SHUT UP RAINBOW!"

"Oooooooh! Thou art a feisty one, Octavia. Good for thee." Luna winked knowingly.

Octavia groaned in frustration while the others giggled at her 'misery'. She took a seat and started eating in silence, not wanting to join any conversations. Celestia sat next to her sister and got quickly dragged in the conversation about the hosting of the games.

"So Princess, which town should be hosting the games according to you?" Rainbow asked Celestia.

"Hmmm! I can't really answer that question." Celestia pondered. "Since I have a good idea of which one will be chosen." She added causing everyone at the table to gasp in surprise, except Luna.

"Sister, have thou bribed the committee?" Luna asked suspiciously. "Again?"

"Of course not Luna. I haven't done that since that one time seven hundred years ago." Celestia answered with an offended voice. "I simply gave them a new perspective about a certain town. And the girls did help me with that."

Everyone looked at the sun Monarch with confusion. They all pondered what Celestia had just said until Pinkie gasped loudly in realization, before beaming at the Princess.

"You mean that...." Pinkie Pie started.

"Exactly, Pinkie." Celestia winked. "We might better make our reservations in that Hotel you mentioned earlier right away, Rarity. They're likely to be overbooked rather quickly."


Two days later, Ponyville central place was crowded. The mayor had summoned all the ponyvillians for an important news. Applejack and Vinyl were in the middle of the crowd, with Applebloom sitting on Vinyl's shoulders.

"What in tarnation, is this here meetin' all about?"

"From what I heard from CK, the answer about Ponyville's candidature for hosting the Games is supposed to arrive today." Vinyl explained.

"It'll be cool if Ponyville was chosen!" Applebloom shouted.

The mayor took place behind the podium, on the stage. Cloud Kicker and her councilors were all standing behind the Mayor. The Mayor cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry everyone, but I must ask you to be patient." She said in a neutral tone. "We're still waiting for the letter from the Games Committee."

"INNNNCOOOOOMMMIIING!" Yelled a grey blur in the sky, while it was flying at full speed toward the stage.

The blur crashed into a big puffy white cloud Cloud Kicker had calmly summoned with her weather magic. A blond head extracted herself from the cloud. Everyone recognized her, It was Ditzy Doo, the local mail-woman. She smiled at Cloud Kicker.

"Thanks for the catch, Cloudy!" She said happily. She extend her arm out of the cloud, holding a scroll. "Urgent message for the mayor."

"Thank you, Ditzy."

Cloud Kicker took the scroll to give it to the mayor, while Ditzy, still stuck in the cloud, extracted her other arm which was holding a small intact muffin. Ditzy sighed in relief before quickly pecking the pastry and pulling it back in the cloud. The mayor unfurled the scroll and proceeded to read it to herself.

"I'm sorry everyone..." She started. The crowd's excitement instantly dropped. "It looks like we're going to be pretty busy for the next months, because we'll be hosting the Equestria Games in our Ponyville." She shouted excitedly. Her words were met by complete silence, until...

"YEAH! Ponyville. WOOOHHOOOOO!" Ditzy shouted happily.

The crowd started to cheer and clapped their hands in joy. The meeting quickly escalated into an all out party with music, food and drinks. Cloud Kicker joined the Apples sisters.

"Know what it means, girls?" Cloud Kicker asked with a small smile, Vinyl and Applejack just nodded.

"What does it mean?" Applebloom asked in confusion.

The three women bumped their right fists together, before shouting simultaneously. "We're gonna BUCK those Games!"

Author's Note:

and There you go.

Not sure how I feel about this ending but... what can ya do.

the sequel is for soon. so Stay tuned.

Mariacheat-Brony