• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 1,195 Views, 30 Comments

The Unforgiven - Trigger_Finger



After their sisters and favourite purple dragon are kidnapped the Mane 6 must find some-pony who can help them rescue their sisters and dragon

  • ...
4
 30
 1,195

Chapter 2: Missing

Twilight finished writing her note to Celestia. ‘Where is Spike when you need him?’ she asked herself as she looked out the window. It was getting very late and she had explicitly told him to be home before dark. “That dragon never listens to me” Twilight muttered to herself as she looked to her clock to see that it was 8:30pm. She came to bear with the thought that he was probably at Rarity’s or something.

Twilight heard a knock from the front door. “Spike can you…” Twilight frowned as she remembered Spike still wasn’t home. She sighed then trotted down the stairs and to the front doors. As she opened the front door she was greeted by both Rarity and Applejack who both had looks of worry on their faces.

“Uhm… hi girls. Is something wrong?” Twilight asked curiously. “Twilight, darling please tell me the girls are here with Spike” Rarity pleaded frantically. “Uhm… no, they’re not. Last I checked Spike had gone out with the girls to go crusading or something along those lines” Twilight replied rather casually.

“Oh no… Twi, can we have a quick word with yah?” Applejack asked. “Uhm… sure I guess. Come on inside, I’ll” Twilight began but suddenly Rainbow Dash crashed through her window. “TWILIGHT!” Rainbow Dash yelled out but then spotted her friends and quickly dashed over.

“Scootalooins’thomeandweweresupposedto” Rainbow Dash blurted out but Applejack stuffed her hoof in her friend’s mouth. Rainbow Dash continued to rant on even with her friend’s hoof stuffed in her mouth. “Easy RD, easy. Just calm down. We’re all on the same page as yah” Applejack told her friend calmly.

“Okay… so what’s going on?” Twilight asked. Rarity let out a cry of dramatic stress. “Oh it’s just awful Twilight, absolutely awful. Just unbearably terribly awful” Rarity said as she flung her hoof to her forehead and fell back as she pretended to faint. No-pony caught her and she crashed into the floor with a THUD.

“Ouch! Hey, you were supposed to catch me AJ” Rarity scowled at her friend, Applejack just rolled her eyes. “Yeah anyway… Twilight our sisters are missin and we knew they was out with Spike so we were wonderin if they had come here” Applejack told her lavender coloured friend.

“Hmm… that is strange… I wonder where they could be” Twilight muttered to herself. “What about Pinkie’s?” Rainbow Dash asked frantically. “Hmm… well Spike does like pastries… I guess Pinkie might let them in after hours” Twilight said and the group quickly rushed out of the library and down the streets of Ponyville to the shop known as Sugarcube Corner.

Rainbow Dash didn’t even knock and simply opened the doors then rushed in. “Oh my, why hello Dash. I’m sorry but we’re closed right now and” Mrs. Cake began but the frantic pegasus cut her off. “Where’s Pinkie, it’s important” Dash told her. “Oh well… she’s upstairs in her room. I think she’s” Mrs. Cake began but the group rushed upstairs to find Pinkie.

Mrs. Cake watched them race away. “Always glad to help” she called out to the group then shrugged as she wondered what all that was about. Pinkie was in her room playing with an assortment of balls and other such toys.

The group burst into her room. “Pinkie! Have you seen our sisters… and Spike?” Rarity asked in a hurry. Pinkie looked up to them. “Well yeah, they came by this afternoon to eat” she replied casually then continued to launch a bouncy ball that sped across the room at speeds comparable to Rainbow Dash.

“Did they say where they were going?” Twilight asked. Pinkie nodded “Yep, they said they were going to the Everfree forest to adventure” Pinkie replied without a care in the world. “THE EVERFREE FOREST!” the group all screamed in unison, Pinkie scrunched her nose. “Yeah, that’s what I said” she replied as she continued to bounce her bouncy ball across the room.

“Well maybe they’re at Fluttershy’s, come on girls let’s go” Applejack said as she grabbed Pinkie and they rushed off. “HEY! NOOOO MR. BOUNCY BALL!” Pinkie cried out.

As they passed the front desk Pinkie reached out and grabbed a beautiful cake from the counter and swallowed it whole.

“Mmmm I love cake” she giggled to herself as she slurped the icing from her lips. The group now rushed to Fluttershy’s cottage. It was extremely late and they all hoped that Fluttershy would still be up.

Rainbow Dash went to barge through the door but found that it was locked. “Hey hotshot, maybe yah should try knockin fer a change” Applejack chuckled as she knocked on Fluttershy’s door. “Oh, coming… just one moment” Fluttershy called out in her timid little voice.

She opened the door to her cottage and saw her friends standing in front of her doorway. “Oh hello girls… I didn’t realize that you would be out so late” Fluttershy said. “Fluttershy, are our sisters here… and Spike” Dash asked. “Well no, but I did see them today. They said they were going adventuring” Fluttershy told the group.

“Fluttershy, quick, come with us. We need to track them down. They’re in the Everfree forest” Twilight told her timid pegasus friend. Fluttershy’s jaw dropped. “The… the… the Everfree forest… but Twilight… I don’t know… it’s kind of late” she replied. “Fluttershy! Our sisters are in the forest and they could need our help!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Fluttershy perked up from her friend’s comment.

“Oh dear… okay, well let’s go. But we have to be very careful. It’s not safe at night” Fluttershy said and with that the entire group rushed out of the cottage and into the Everfree forest.

* * *

Hours later:

It was getting late, very late. Fluttershy had found the trail of the group of missing ponies, and dragon, and was following it intently.

“Spike is sooo grounded when I find him. I’ve told him dozens of times not to go out into the Everfree” Twilight muttered to herself. “Yeah, same with Applebloom. She’s got a lot a explainin tah do” Applejack muttered.

Soon they came across a large terrifying fence. Several signs warned every-pony to keep out, but the more terrifying thing was the razor wire at the top of the fence. “They went in under the fence” Fluttershy informed the group as she pointed to their tracks that went under the fence.

“Oh great… so what do we do now?” Rarity asked. “We go in there and get our sisters… and dragon, and then we get outta here” Dash replied. “Oh no, I am most certainly not going to get myself dirty crawling under that god awful fence. We’ll have find another way around” Rarity argued.

“Hey! What the hell do you think you’re doing!” boomed a loud voice. Every-pony froze from the scary voice. They all turned to see three stallions walked up to them. “We’re here tah… tah get our sisters. They went wanderin off and… and never came home” Applejack told the stallions who were now only a few feet away from the group.

One of the stallions stepped forwards. He had a terrifying revolver resting in a hip holster. “Don’t suppose they had a dragon with them?” the stallion asked. Twilight’s ears perked up from the question. “Yeah, they did. Have you seen them? Where are they?” Twilight asked in a hurry.

The stallion grunted. “They’re being detained for trespassing. They’re in their holding cells at the station” he told the group. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Twilight all let out a relieved sigh. “Oh thank you so much for keeping our little sisters safe. Please can we go get them now?” Rarity asked in a very feminine voice as she fluttered her eyes at the stallion.

The stallion was taken off guard from her very seducing tone. “Uhm… You’d have to… talk to the bosses” the stallion stammered. “Well, could yah take us tah the bosses?” Applejack asked bluntly. The sudden bluntness shook off the daze he had from Rarity’s femininity. “Yes, follow me” the stallion said and led them to a group military Jeeps with M240 machineguns mounted on swiveling pivots.

“AJ… darling… next time allow me to do all the talking” Rarity whispered as they approached the Jeeps. Applejack leaned over to whisper back to her friend “Next time try not tah sweet talk some-pony with scary guns”.

The group hesitantly approached the Jeeps. “Well hop in. It’s a long walk to the station” the stallion told them. They all took a deep gulp as they embarked into the military class vehicles.