• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 1,324 Views, 53 Comments

Just Who Should I Be? - ElementOfHope



What should I do? Do I live my life here in equestria without a care in the world...or do I live in fear of the only reason I have for being here?

  • ...
5
 53
 1,324

Let's talk

The room was so silent you could only hear the sound of Zecora when ever she took a sip of her soup. For now my stomach wasn't ready to eat at all. Especialy since I decided to tell her who I was and where I came from. I stared deep into the soup counting the various vegetables that were in it.

"Twenty," I thought to myself, "in my book that's pretty good soup."

Everytime I tried to speak only strange sounds seemed to be made. I didn't know what to do. Where I came from, if we had a talking zebra roaming around, the first person to see the zebra would start panicing as much as I did when it spoke. My kind are sort of prone to being frightened of things they don't understand. They would never be as calm as Zecora is right now. Then again I look nothing like I do back home. Maybe she is a zebra I can trust...either way right now she is the only zebra I can trust and it won't do me any good to keep secrets from a zebra like her.

"Miss Zecora, before we start I would like to know a few things. Just asume that these are justquestions and nothing more. For now I would appriciate it if you would just answer them." Once again she nodded her head and looked me straight in the eyes while she listened.

My questions were the most obvious yet most important I could think of. I asked her where I was because it obviously wasn't where I was from. Then, I asked her what I was and if there were more zebras like her. She answered them swiftly one after another yet I understood quickly. I was in a place called the Everfree Forest. when I asked her to go into detail she said that we were in the kindom of Equestria. She also added that most of the beings that lived here were ponies...just like me.

I looked again in the mirror. Processing all she said took some time. To find out that i was in an entirely other world than my own and that I somehow was turned into a pony was a lot to take in. Again I looked into my now light blue eyes.

"If this is a dream," I thought to myself again, "Then why do i feel like it's more imposible for it to be than me actualy being a pony in a kingdom of ponies."

In an instant I heard sounds playing in my skull so loud I thought Zecora should have been able to hear them. Glass breaking, screaming, roaring flames, and incantation chanting. It all happened in a secound so I recovered quickly.

"Now that you are done, I feel the time for my questions has begun." She said setting down the soup she had just finished. Since she listened to what I had to ask I felt I had to at least tell her something, even if I wasn't going to tell her the details.

"Let me guess...where am I from and if I wasn't a pony before then what was I, right?" Again she nodded. Needed only nod and somehow I would speak.

"Yes."

"Can i trust you?"

"That is for you to decide." No more backing down.

"Okay," I said in an exhale as the words I would say might mean my future. " I was obviously different than i am now." I said earning me saying the obvious award. " I used to walk on two legs instead of four hooves...I had things that were called hands, my eyes used to be brown instead of light blue, I didn't have a tail, and also I wasn't blue before. About the place i'm from," I said pausing, "I would like it better if I didn't tell you a lot. I will say, though that it is not a good place to be right now."

Zecora, after listening to me go on about almost nothing of use as an answer, closed her eyes. To her I bet that the thought of me being serious about everything I said more than strange. It was down right insane. Beings coming from other worlds and being turned into ponies...I myself feel riddiculous for being the one in the situation.

" I see," she said after seconds of light silence. "So if what you say is true, then I'm gessing you would like to go back to your home too?" She asked with her rhythmic way of speech.

"Yes," i answered, "I doubt i should stay in such a different place for too long. Since you asked then i'm guessing you must have an idea on how to do that right?" I said searching around the room.

"No." she said without hesitation that hit me harder than a ton of bricks wraped in cement dropped from space.

"Then why did you..."

" However I do know of a pony who might be who you should find. She is highly skilled in magic and may be the one to get you out of this bind."

"Really? Where do i find her? Can she really help me? I asked getting a little to excited and i'm sure even Zecora was gettin a little anoyed.

"All will be answered soon young one, but first follow me. We will walk not run." She said opening the door to the outside where the forest would be to greet us.

Zecora led me through the dark forest for what seemed like a long time. Aparently there was a trail that I had missed earlier. As we walked through the forest we still talked though. In these conversations I noticed that words like everyone, anyone and someone did not use the word "one" in them. Instead "one" was replaced with pony. If i was going to be here for a while i decided it would be best to at least get the lingo down.

While i was lost in thought about how i should speak now that i was a pony, the forest began to get brighter and my vision became a lot better too. It was finally when we had made our way out of the forest that My eyes were filled with wonder. Not that far off in the distace was what looked like a town and if what Zecora was saying was true then the pony i needed to find lived there.

The pony you seek is named Twilight Sparkle and she lives in the Library." Zecora said while she was out of my vision.

"Gee, I can't thank you enough Zecora. You were a really big help. Oh!" I said realising I had forgoten my manners "By the way my name's..." With a turn of the head I stared at the spot where Zecora should have been standing. It was like she just dissolved.

"Woah...that was pretty cool." I said walking down the path. "No where to go but forward!"

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter was a little short... I just felt that there was nothing more to add to it that wasn't neccesary. Anyway, i hope i can get more chapters done in a timely manner. to be honest, most of my chapters are already written but i royaly stink at typing. I might as well have hooves...LOL. also while i type i like to get the story going in my head again and when i do that my mind tries to edit it while i type so sometimes i have to take time to me it work. Okay! To all the readers I have at this point, which I am glad are at least some, Thank you for reading my story and please review so i can further my studies as a fim fic writer. Untill next time faithful readers!