• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 7,525 Views, 60 Comments

The Dragon Outlaw - Smoku



Ten years ago, Twilight Sparkle was officially recognized as the newest Alicorn princess. One year later, her faithful assistant disappeared from the face of Equiis. Now, she has been reunited with him. But, he is not the same. (WILD WEST X PONIES)

  • ...
8
 60
 7,525

Spike the Outlaw

"Outlaws till the end".

-Stevie Stones, famous outlaw in the Western Badlands

It seems that nowadays that quote basically describes me completely. After all, in the Western Badlands, there was little else one could do to make a living. Is it honest? Hell no. But do I give a shit? Again, hell no. I looked around where I was, hoping to get my mind off of my profession for a few moments. I was alone, sitting on the edge of an uncomfortable, small bed in a small room in another shitty hotel that also acted as a saloon. I believe that it was called the "Winking Skeever". Walls crumbling, completely unsanitary, rats hiding between the walls, the whole nine yards. Seems like every damn hotel in the badlands were the same low-maintenance copies of each other.

I looked forward, at the mirror in front of me. I looked like a bag of recycled shit scavenged from Hell itself. My appearance has changed quite a bit since my days in Equestria. Damn it Spike don't go down this road. Not again. Oh well, fuck it. Not like I can feel anything anymore, Whisky truly is the best medicine. I looked to be about one and a half the size of what I remember Big Macintosh looking like. My scales seemed to have become a darker shade of purple, however the hell that's possible. My face, and entire body, was covered with scars. My face was especially fucked up. A huge scar ran down my right eye. There were also a couple on my forehead. Lastly, there was a huge scar on my throat. Souvenirs of my profession. Some, skirmishes with other outlaws, some from my many run-ins with the law. Fucking pricks. The whole lot of 'em. Also, my spine-scales have become pretty sharp. Not like any one can see them though, with my clothes usually covering them. Still no damn wings though. Though, at least now I know why. Apparently, only some dragons actually have wings. If you're not born with them, you'll never have them.

I got up (yes, I'm still bipedal) and walked over to the dresser that the mirror was standing on. I slowly opened up the drawers, hoping the things don''t break on me. Got them open successfully without any damage, that's a first. Maybe this day won't be a complete disaster. I took out and put on my regular attire: black trousers, some black boots, a button up dress-shirt, a black vest, with a chain attached to the font, a ammo belt slung over it, a large dark overcoat and a black stetson hat. I grabbed my personal revolver from the dresser, which I named 'Twilight' as a tribute to an old friend, amd put it in my holster at my hip. I also grabbed my combat knife, named 'Shining', and placed it on it's holster on the other side of my hip.

I took my satchel, an put in on underneath my overcoat. Always a necessity, since it had my first-aid supplies, weapons. and bits. Three things you do not want to forget to have in the Badlands. Well, looks like it's time to go get my new job.

Now fully ready, I walked over to the door to my room. I turned back, and gave one last glance at my room. Good thing I'm leaving this place today, this room depresses the hell out of me.

I walked down the hallway of equally shitty rooms and finally found the stair way down to the saloon, where my employer was undoubtedly waiting for me. As I walked down the staircase, I began to wonder what the job was. An acquaintance set this up for me. He said that thew job would be rewarding, and violent. My favorite kind of jobs. Hopefully, I don't end up shot and left to die in Dodge Town like last time. It seems that I have arrived at the saloon portion of the establishment. There's my employer. A gruff-looking large stallion with a badge for a Cutie Mark. Shit.

The stallion seemed to recognize me. "Spike! Hey, come on over here, boy!"

Damn it. No way out of this one. With a scowl, I walked over to the stallion and sat at the booth next to his. "Are you the 'employer' I am supposed to be meeting?"

He looked me straight in the eye. "Yeah. Sorry about that. Only way I could get you to talk to me. Anyway, I do have a job for you."

"Good. How do you know who I am?"

This question seemed to please him greatly, "I've known of you since before you first arrived here, boy."

At this, I groaned in annoyance, "Of course you have. Alright, I'll bite, what's the job and does it pay?"

"You are to escort her majesty Princess Twilight Sparkle, the other Element Bearers and her majesty Princess Luna. The pay will be bountiful. Believe me."

Hell no. "Are you kidding me? Why the hell should I do that? Besides they have royal guards They don't need me to escort them."

"You know as well as I do that no Royal Guard unit would be able to get them where they need to go in this place. Besides, they're all expecting you. Also, wouldn't it be nice to see your family again, boy?"

"What? You told them about me? Fuck, fine. Where are they, and where am I taking them?"

"They're waiting for you at the train station. Go get them, and get back here. Once you've returned, I'll let you know where they're going. Oh, and remember, from here on out they're your responsibility. So, make sure no harm comes to them. capice?"

I waved my claw in an anti-dramatic fashion, "yeah, yeah. All right. I'm gonna go get them now," I whispered under my breath, "asshole."

He din't seem to hear that last word, "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. What"

"Nothing, I'm going, bye."

With that, I walked through the saloon doors and made my way to the train station. As I looked about at the locals while walking to my destination, I saw several things: hookers, my fellow outlaws, other shady characters and no small amount of violence and rudeness. I wonder how the elements are going to react to his. Then, it finally hit me. The elements. are her. I would finally get to see Twilight again. After so many years, so many countless, sleepless nights worrying about her I would finally see her again. That seemed to brighten my mood a bit. A bit.

Without realizing it, I finally arrived at the saloon. Immediately I noticed that Pinkie and Fluttershy were missing from the group. I wonder why. I then noticed that they were with a Royal Celestial Guard platoon. Twilight was the first to notice me.

"Look! It's Spike!"

Shit, now the whole town is gonna know who I am. Twilight came running to me and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Spike! I've missed you so much! I din't even know hat you were alive until Celestia told me last month! Oh, I'm so gad to see you!"

"Twilight, you're kind of crushing my bones with your bear hug."

At that, she blushed and let go. She seemed incredibly embarrassed, somethings never change. That was when the other Bearers and Luna decided to greet me.

"Spikey-wikey, I am so glad to see you."

"Good to see yah' kiddo."

"Hey, good to see you Spike. Gave us all a pretty big scare when you left. What the hell was that about?"

"Ah, Spike, it fills my heart with uncontrollable joy to see thou again. When thou left, he left quite the feeling of depression in his stead."

"Hey guys..."

They all then gave me a bone-crushing hug. This trip is going to be extremely hazardous to my health, I can already tell.

Twilight looked at me with the most stern expression that I have ever seen on her, "Now tell me, mister. Just where have you been for nine years, and what happened to you. What's with the scars?"

Well shit. Looks like there's no avoiding telling them.

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone. Well, there's my first attempt at fanfiction. Go ahead tear it to shreds. But seriously please leave constructive comments. If you didn't like something, please leave a comment about it. Likewise, if you did like something, please leave a comment about. Lastly, if any of you know where I can get an editor, please tell me. As you can probably see, I am in dire need of one. Thanks. Also, if you would like to see more of this fic, leave a comment below.