• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 2,082 Views, 54 Comments

Friendship VS Machine - FrostyDawn



The REDs and the Mane 6 cross paths once again!

  • ...
3
 54
 2,082

Sleeper Agent

Rarity was gone. Blasted to ash by the giant robot Soldier. And, boy, was Spike upset.

He felt a surge of varying emotions. Anger. Greif. Sorrow. Rage. Vengeance. As he fired his own rocket launcher at the towering droid, fire burning in his eyes. Fluttershy quickly focused the Medigun on him, and reached for the Übercharge switch before Spike was gone too.

What followed next was total mayhem. The Übercharge's red glow enveloped both of them, making their hearts beat rapidly and an electric tingle vibrate their entire bodies. If was almost overwhelming for Fluttershy. For Spike, it was the most amazing experience ever. Spike's rockets shot one after the other, keeping the robot distracted as Pinkie Pie fired at it from afar. Within a matter of seconds, the last rocket blasted the robot's head from it's body. It dropped the rocket launcher, and slowly fell backwards.

The Übercharge faded, and Spike's fit of rage fizzled out, replacing it with dispair. He ran over to the spot where Rarity was and dropped to his knees. Tears began to stream from his eyes as he pounded the scorch mark with his fist.

"Why did she have to leave me? What did I do to lose her?" He told himself. "I couldn't even say goodbye..."

An electrical crackling noise sounded behind him, making him focus on his teary eyes on the source.

Standing behind him, fading from nothingness, was Rarity. She seemed just as confused as Spike was, who rushed into a full-on hug with her.

"Rarity! You're alive!" the boy cried, Rarity trying to squirm out.

"What are you talking about? I was never gone." She said, raising an eyebrow. "I just.." She said, stopping to look down in her hand. The golden pocket watch she grabbed from the Spy's room was flipped open. "Was this what saved me?" she thought.

Rainbow Dash quickly raced up to them. "Hey! Get movin'! That tank is almost to the base!" She yelled.

She sprinted back to the group, with Rarity and Spike shortly behind her. The tank was still rolling, with dents and holes in its metal armor. It was so close to the base, and the team could tell it was getting weaker. Zecora had veered off, to get onto some higher ground. With her sword and shield ready, she charged off the edge, her blade glowing a searing hot red as she gained speed. She landed on the top of the tank, thrusting the sword straight down. The tank then stopped rolling. The group stopped firing, pausing as they waited for something to happen. The tank started to groan and tremble.

Applejack's eyes widened. "Hit the deck! That thing's gonna blow!" she shrieked, ducking behind her devices. The others rushed behind bales of hay and rocks, while Zecora lept off, a catastrophic explosion making her fly off its hull. All that was left was a flaming pile of metal.

Then, silence. The explosion's echo began to silence, and most of them had rosy cheeks from breathing so hard. It was then that someone spoke out. "Did we win?" Derpy asked.

Everyone exchanged looks. "We did it. We won." Twilight said, in disbelief at their own accomplishment.

"Do you think we should check on those guys? They could be alive now!" Fluttershy said, and rushed inside. The girls dropped their weapons, and followed her.

<><><><><><><><>

The Administrator gritted her teeth. She watched the whole battle unfold, and now her hopes had been shot down. She got a little smug as she watched Rarity get blown away, but grew frustrated to find out it was a facade.

"I'm not happy, Miss Pauling. Not. Happy." She growled, her face tightening with spite and her cigarette holder snapping in her hands.

Miss Pauling held onto her clipboard defensively, trying to use it as a shield. "W-w-well, Miss, w-we tried. I-It just seemed we underestimated them." She whimpered.

The Administrator stood from her chair. "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." She muttered, reaching for a small remote control in a drawer from a desk. "Ready an escape cart, Miss Pauling. We'll leave them a little parting gift."

<><><><><><><><>

Fluttershy whirled the door open and flicked the light switch on. The mercenaries still drifted in their canisters, just as motionless and inert as when they were found. The others soon caught up to Fluttershy, looking back at the comatose mercenaries.

"How do we get these guys out?" Spike asked, looking around the room.

"I say we smash open the cases!" Rainbow Dash said, grabbing a loose pipe from off the floor. She was ready to break the glass, but Twilight Sparkle held her back.

"Rainbow, stop! That could send them into shock! Besides, there's a release switch right there." She said, pointing to a large red button on the wall, leading wires to the containers.

"How did we miss that the first time?" Pinkie asked, pressing the button.

Steam hissed from the devices, the green liquid draining out of the tubes and the wires disconnecting from the mercenaires. One by one, the hatches opened, causing them to slump onto the floor.

Rainbow Dash leaned over the Scout's body, resting her ear on his chest. "He's alive!" she cheered.

"Alright. Got to be very careful. We should draw them out of their state gently." Pinkie murmured, kneeling next to the Soldier. She then grasped his shoulders and started shaking him fiercely. "WAKEY WAKEY, SLEEPYHEAD!" She shouted at him.

The Soldier sat up quickly. "AAGH! ROBOTS! HIPPIES! ROBOT HIPPIES!" He screamed, clearly dazed and confused. "Robot scum! I will upload a boot up your metal asses!" The Soldier then lifted his helmet up, observing his surroundings. "Oh. It's just you." he said, calming himself down. "So, are the robots here yet?"

Fluttershy slowly nudged the Medic and Pyro, who stirred much more calmly then Soldier. "Actually, the robots are gone." She said.

"They left? Ha! Just goes to show that warriors like us can scare off a horde a robot horde without even trying!" The Soldier gloated, the Sniper and Engineer stirring from his boisterous chuckles.

"You didn't do squat! We took down those robots! Every last one!" Rainbow Dash sneered at the Soldier, as the rest of the mercenaries awoke.

The Soldier had a perplex look on his face. A small grin appeared on his face, which escalated into a fit of laughter. "BAHAHHAHHAHAH! You here that, fellas? A couple kids saved our asses from robots! Kids! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The other classes exchanged uneasy looks. The Soldier turned back to them. "Come on! It's funny! Laugh with me!" He said.

"Don't bite off more than you can chew. You deny it, but what we speak is true." Zecora warned, leaning over the Soldier.

"Oh, please! Spare me the nursery rhymes and just admit it. A couple of girls like you would've been dead from the first wave. Right, fellas?"

The others were silent. It was then that the Medic cleared his throat. "Actually Soldier, I believe zhem."

"Same here. Just 'cause they aint like us don't mean they're weak." The Scout added.

The Soldier was almost in a fit of rage. "You can't be serious! Just look at them! They couldn't hurt a fly! Especially this one, he looks like the comic relief." The Soldier whispered, gesturing toward Spike.

There, Rarity flicked open her butterfly knife, pointing the tip at the Soldier's nose. "Dont you dare say another word about Spike..." She growled.

"Whoa, there, sheila. Let's not do anything hasty." The Sniper said, intervening between the two.

The Spy gently plucked the knife from Rarity's hands. "We are all grateful of your efforts. Even if we don't realize it yet." He said, turning his head at the Soldier, who crossed his arms and hmphed.

"Well, what do we do now? The robots are all dead. What's left to even do?" Applejack wondered.

The Pyro twisted a nozzle on his mask, letting the rest of the green containment fluid drip out of his mask. "Vphgmhm hpmph fmgmfg." He said, the liquid further obscuring his respirator's muffles.

Derpy had a wide grin on her face. "Smokey says he wants to reward us!" She cheered.

"You can understand that thing?" The Demoman asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah! It's not that hard." Derpy replied.

The Heavy scratched his chin, then smiled. "Heavy has reward for little heroes." He chuckled, and the other mercenaries began catching on.

"Oh, no. Not that. Anything but that!" The Soldier protested, but he was quickly overruled.

"Yes. Zhat." The Medic said, leading the group out of the room.