• Published 27th Jan 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 13 Comments

Enter the Ponyverse - beirirangu



A person wakes up in the world of ponies and finding himself no longer as a human

  • ...
7
 13
 1,648

The Party

"Um, can I ask you something?" Spike asked, breaking the silence.

"Sure, what is it?"

"You said you wern't a unicorn before, Dose that mean you were an earth pony?"

I giggled lightly, knowing that something like this would come up eventually, "actually, I wasn't a pony at all before today, i even had to learn to walk on these hooves when i got here."

Shocked, he continued, "so what were you?"

"I was something called a human." Thinking about how to describe humans, i asked, "do you know what monkeys are? or what they look like?"

"Monkeys? Those harry things that look like big squirls? I read about them in a book once, why?"

"Well that's close to what humans look like."

"They looked like this?" Spike asked as he grabbed a piece of empty parchment and a quil, sketching a monkey rather quickly on the table by the door to the balcony."

"Um, not exactly, here, let me see the quil." I grasped the quil with my magic and flipping the paper over. I started with the main bulk of the chest, getting an idea of where i'm going with this, and drawing the main aspects of the body, the arms, legs and the head, in better porportion then i thought. I didn't really care for detail, so the drawing was mostly blank. "This is just an outline, but that's what one usually looks like."

"That kinda looks familiar," Spike mentions as he ran over to the bookshelf that had mostly ancient looking books, grabbing the oldest one. "It was in one of the drawings in this book, something like that was in the middle." Spike flipped the pages as quickly as he could, trying not to harm any of the pages of the ancient book until he reached the middle, and right before my eyes was scetched a beautiful piece of art which shown the three general classifications of ponies, the ones with wings, the ones with horns and the ones without either all gathered around a single person along with beautiful etchings around them. The person was a fairly beautiful woman in her mid-early thirties, red hair and the plump cheeks of a Marylander but the style of a Californian, the artist took excrutiatingn detail on her, giving obvious attention to every little part of her as what looked like she was either preaching to the ponies or giving them something intangable.

"What dose the book say about this?"

"I'm not too sure, it's in a language that's been dead for a long time."

"Can you pronounce any of it? Or is a different script then you can read?"

"I'm not even sure we have another book that has this script in it."

"Oh, then unless there is someone that knows the script, there's no chance anyone can read it. Do you know anyone, like a historian or archeologist that may be able to read it?"

Spike thought for a few moments, "Except for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, i don't know anyone that might be able to read it."

"Oh? And why do you think they will be able to read it?"

"Because they're thousands of years old, they might've been the ones to write it for all i know."

I was shock at what he said, and saying it so calmly and clearly left no doubt, "and how long do ponies usually live?"

"Well most live into their seventies but some that don't use magic to prolong their life have live to be over 100. But if they use magic, they can live almost 200 years.

"So why do they live that long?"

"I think it's because have a special type of magic."

"Ok, and you said they were princesses? If that's true, then where are the king and queen?"

"There are a lot of rumors going around, some say that they turned themselves into the sun and moon, others say they died and the princesses couldn't take the thrown propperly until they took husbands. But i have no idea to be honest."

"Well that makes sense, so what else can you tell me about the princesses?"

"Well they are alicorns; having both horns and wings. They rule over all of equestria making sure everything is in balance and they make the sun and moon rise and fall, bringing day and night."

"They move the sun and moon?" I said in shock.

"Yeah, they use their unicorn powers to move them, Celestia moves the sun at dawn and Luna moves the moon in the evening. I heard it takes a lot of magic to move either of them, and that before they were in power, it took almost every unicorn working together to do it very well."

"So i wasn't seeing things when I saw the sun tick bye."

"Yeah, Though i'm not entirely sure how it works," we both kinda nodded our heads and sat there thinking.

"You know, something still bothers me, how did the book get into this library?"

"Twilight had gotten it as a present from Celestia when we officially moved to ponyville, saying something about it being more valuable to her."

"Hm... Maybe Princess Celestia thought i was comming." I said jokingly.

Spike turned and laughed with me, "Then she would've probably escorted you to town instead of fluttershy."

We continued to laugh until i heard Applejack from the balcony, "hey! Bailey! Spike! Either of you there?"

We make our way to the edge and leaned over, I was the first to reply, "Yeah, what's going on?"

"I couldn't find Pinkie. And it's gettin dark out, you'all wanna come down here and discuss where you's gonna sleep for the night?

"Yeah in a moment, I'm enjoying this beautiful view too much."

"Alright, I'll see you downstares!" Applejack concluded as she made her way to the door.

"I wonder where Pinkie is."

"Knowing her, she might've thrown you a surprise party while you were up here." Spike replied intuitively.

I replied quickly with a big smile, "well if that's the case, then we'd better go down the stares looking surprised, shouldn't we?"

We both nodded in agreement as we took another look at the sunset before closing the doors and head downstares.

"SURPRISE!"

I was shocked to say the least, I nearly falling down the stairs as everyone jumped from their hiding spot around the library lead by Pinky, talking at a mile a minute, "Surprise! YouknowIwasgoingtothrowyouaregularpartyatsugarcubecornersbutthenithoughtabouthavingthepartyatTwilight'splacesinceeveryponyelsewasasleepandiwantedittobaasurprisepartyandigotasurprisewhenApplejackcamethroughthedooraswewerefinishingbuthowdoyoulikeithereinPonyville?It'sagreatplaceisn'tit?Ifeellikewehavn'tbeenproperlyintroducedmynameisPinkiepiewhat'syours?"

"I'm Bailey, nice to meet you Pinkie."

"Andit'sapleasuretomeetyouhowareyouenjoyingourlittletown?"

"Oh it's paradise if i ever seen it."

"WelliguessyoualreadyknowTwilightApplejackRarityFluttershyandmewhichremindsmeyoumustmeetmyfriendRainbowDashshe'sagreatfriendandloyaltoanypony..."

"Yeah, i've met her, she crashed through here a little while ago."

"Ohihopeshedidn'tactuallycrashthroughhereagainshecanbesoclumsysometimes."

"She did, but everyone's alright."

"Ohthat'sgoodnowLETSGETTHISPARTYSTARTED!!!" Pinkie said as she put the music on a record player. The music was a typical party theme, happy and festive while inviting the ponies to either interact or dace their hooves off. Now i had to admit, I was never good with parties, I had always felt like George Custer when his wife had him attend social gatherings, but this was fun. I had gotten to have some good conversations, even cracked a few jokes (making sure they were ones i knew they would get) , heck! I even danced for a while after seeing that nobody knew how to dance any better then I did. The party went on for a good while when i saw spike to the side, gazing at Rarity while she happily drank some punch by herself.

"Hey spike."

"HU? Oh, it's you Bailey," Spike replied, jumping as if he got caught.

"You think i should ask her to dance?" I half jokingly asked about Rarity.

"WHAT?" Obviously not taking the joke.

"I'm just joking. But i think you can get you the next song."

"But I couldn't... I don't even know what to say."

I just smiled and asked, "how good is your memory?"

"Very good, why?"

"Because i'm going to tell you what to say."

"Oh? and what should i say?"

"Well if you want to be fancy, you should talk to her in Fren... I mean Canterais."

"But i don't know any."

"Don't worry, i'll tell you what to say." It was a good five-ten minutes before Spike got the lines down, but obviously still nervous, "and listen, when you are talking to her and you're feeling nervous, think about how wonderful it will be when you dance with her."

Spike thought for a moment and started to smile widely, "thanks Bailey." He then made his way quickly to Rarity, where i stayed within earshot, but keeping my distance. "Um... Excuse-moi mademoiselle..." Rarity placed her cup down, with eyes a bit widdened as she saw that Spike was the one who spoke, "mais je ne pouvais pas m'empêcher de voir que une belle jument comme vous était tout seul, donc je me demandais si vous voulez mon compagnie ou même un partenaire de danse." (to be changed for a better line)

"Ô monsieur, vous me flattez. J'aimerais avoir votre compagnie." Rarity replied, still a bit in shock. "mais je dois demander, comment savez-vous canterais?"

Almost like he knew what she was saying, he replies rather pleaseantly, "actually I don't, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Oh, well did you even know what you said?"

"Yes, and i meant every word, and i would be honored to dance with you."

She just smiled at his comment and replied gracefuly and kindly, "we'll see." I didn't bother to watch them much more after that as I went to mingle with the other ponies.

I saw that Applejack and Fluttershy were having a discussion about a problem Applejack is having, something about squirls taking her apples or something, Pinkie was manning the food, eatting just about everything she gets near her mouth and Twilight was in the corner watching everypony enjoy themselves while bobbing her head to the music. I casually stroll up behind her, swinging by the refreshment table to grab a drink first, "you enjoying the party?"

"I'm having a good time," Twilight replied kind of bashfuly, almost tipsy. "Pinkie always throws the best parties."

"I can imagine, is she always this festive?"

"Almost always. Kinda annoying at times, but fun. Did you know ponies like that where you're from?"

"I knew some that were like that, but nothing close to her. Back where i was from, I havn't gotten a party for me in years, and here, the same day i arrive, i have such an excelent party in my honor, it's just a shame everypony else was too tired to join us."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. Knowing Pinkie, she'll probably throw you a party everyday this week!"

I chuckled at the thought, "seems kind excessive but i'd be glad to meet everyone."

"Yes, seems like everyone in this town is nice as can be..."

"Especially being from a major city like Canterlot."

Twilight froze for a second, then remembering I was with spike, thinking to herself 'he must've told him they were from Canterlot.'

"Oh it's not that big a deal, we were just having a conversation and he happened to mention it." I replied to what i assume she was thinking, "So what is Canterlot like? I can imagine it's a husteling and busteling city filled with ponies that are too snooty to see past their own noses."

Chuckeling at the analagy, she with me and continues to talk about some of the stories she has about her life there, even mentioning the time she had her birthday party there because Rarity had to visit longer then they thought.

Comments ( 7 )

damn.smooth talkin champ.

Intresting story :ajsmug: TRacking :pinkiehappy:

Nice story, though there are a lot of typos and run-on sentences. I suggest you check your work a bit more.
Still, like I said it's a nice story, so I'm tracking :twilightsmile:

well i hate to be a grammar nazi but
i loved it and all and i really hope it continues but...do you need like a proof reader or something? because i saw quite a few typos...not to offend or anything just asking to help
:twilightsheepish:
:twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

The number of typos and misspellings is a bit distracting. Overall the writing style is nice, but I worry about the 'Gary Stu' effect showing through so blatantly. So far he's a quick study, natural magician, multi-lingual, well read, highly social, and more..

164847 Wow your sad...:fluttercry:

This story isn't too bad, its like gentle reading for me.

Login or register to comment