• Published 27th Jan 2012
  • 1,643 Views, 13 Comments

Enter the Ponyverse - beirirangu



A person wakes up in the world of ponies and finding himself no longer as a human

  • ...
7
 13
 1,643

Magic

By the time we got back to Twilight's, She had a whole stack of books piled around her with Fluttershy and Spike in smaller piles of their own. "There's just nothing like him in any of these books, not even in the fictional ones."

"And I can't find any book called 'Esop's Fables' either." Spike said, still sorting through his pile.

It took a second for Twilight to see that we had arrived, and after a quick explanation of what she knew and was trying to do, Rraity agreed that teaching me would be helpful. We soon got back to her butique allowing the three of them to look deeper into the matter in peace, "alright Bailey, I want you to close your eyes and clear your mind.... Now imagine the needle on my desk were to be lifted up by you." I peeked through my eyes and saw the needle she was mentioning, thinking rather hard I felt a strange feeling almost like a flowing energy from my forhead was leaking out of the top of my head, and while imagining the needle lifting streight up, I peeked again to see that it was glowing a light peach color and floating where I imagined it was. "Very nice! Now see if you can pick up that piece of cloth over there." Meanning the cloth she had layed on the table while I was consentrating, I consentrated on feeling the power and making sure the needle was still in the air while pickng up the cloth.

I peeked again, seeing both still in the air i asked Rarity, "do you want me to practice both my magic and sewing?"

"Yes, that's the idea, you just needed to practice on easy things first, turning a book is much harder because you don't want to tear the book appart. You can use the spool of thread I put next to the cloth, it's the cheepest I have so use as much as you want."

still getting the hang of this magic down, i consentrated on the spool of thread, getting a hold on it and turning it so the string would flow out as i pulled on it with magic. I brought the spool closer and threded the needle with ease, and bringging the needle to the cloth I decided to start with the classic running stitch, by easing the needle throught the cloth in a streight line going from above to below and back until I reached the end of the material and found that the line was streighter and smoother then I believed it could be. I wanted to test myself by going through the lines of the running stitch making it a twisted runing stitch. Still not believing how easy it could be done. I tried again with the chain stitch, both laddered and feathered, outline stitch, stem stitch, padded stitch, all types of blanket and feathered stitches as well as many other types until I ran out of thread and was no longer thinking hard about using my magic effectively, even getting to the point where i was watching the needle go in and out of the material, not having to consentrate and close my eyes. "Wow, I think I got the hang of this!"

Rarity looked over at me and saw that my cloth was covered in an organized pattern of stitchings and replied, "Oh my that's wonderful darling! You even made each line streight and..." she began to trail off, "did you really do all of this?"

"Yes, and sorry for using all of the thread, I just couldn't believe how easy I could sew in a perfectly straight line."

"It's perfectly alright, i just can't believe how you know this many styles of sewing; I've never seen such a beautiful looking practice cloth. And it looks like you've expertised floating and controlling objects," She said as she brought me to a back room where it was filled with large rocks. "Ok, now watch me." She knelt down and her horn glew again, but this time within the rocks, thousands of large gems started glowing through the rocks. "Now the trick about this spell is not making the gems shine, but finding the gems. Picture the gems and look for them within the rock, your magic should take care of the rest, sometimes it will even find them without you wanting to," She said laughingly. "Now this is a much harder spell so don't get discuraged when you don't get it, they're in very hard rock, and quite hard to get out, i might not be able to get any from them until spike comes over." It took me a few seconds to think about how to do that, and soon Rarity went back to her work saying, "just call if you need anything darling."

Now i took it a step further, remembering where the gems were in at least the closest rock, i thought hard about the rock's molecules shifting as if melting enough to let the gem slip out while being pulled my my magic. It took a while but i found that i could feel the gem slipping out, I consentrated on the rock being more liquid and the gem slipped out faster, soon after i felt the gem and the melting rock apart and as i opened my eyes i saw that in fact the rock had liquidated slightly, as if it was starting to drip and to the side a ruby, just like the ones in the real world, only HUGE. I tried pulling the other gems out of the rock and found that there was not single types of gems but a random combination of all gems, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, opal, quarts, all in sparkely form that looks like it should be on a ring instead of how it's naturally found. I sorted through some of the other rocks and see the same things, gems of all types in the purfect forms, when i looked back and saw the droopy, liquidated rocks and since i've gotten good at, i tried shifting them back to the form they were.

It took longer then i thought to get the form right, since i'm a bit too detail oriented, but i got them back to at least looking nice and firm, not holding the gems anymore they had to be a bit smaller. Then i remembered what i was doing this for, i took a few of the gems and consentrated very hard on what the gems are made of, the energy seemed to flow through my forhead through the gems and back into me felt weird, but allowed me to obsorb the information about the gems, and found that they are in fact the same as the articles i've read about the molecular structure of the gems. I put the gems down and consentrated on searching for the structural differences between the gems and the rocks in the rocs still holding gems, i peeked to see that the gems have indeed glowed showing the gems as well as the types of gems as if they were stuck in ice. Then i thought about the teleportation, "In for a penny, in for a pound." I thought about the full rock, suddenly being from where it is to another place on the floor, and after consentrating, it didn't happen, nothing was working. Then i thought about wornholes, a fluxuation in spacetime that makes a bridge between two points that is much shorter then the actual distance, and thought about the rock going into one that had the other opening where i wanted the rock to be, and the feeling was back, and a poofing sound followed where the rock was. I opened my eyes to see that the rock was not there, i checked where i wanted the rock to be and it was! Now how about the gems itself, using the 'gem finder spell' i located the gems and consentrated on a wormhole opening to catch only the gems and transporting them outside of the gem, another poofing sound, this time very muffled followed by the sound of the gem hitting the floor, louder then i thought it would be.

"Is everything alright?" Rarity asked before peeking through the door.

"Yes, i'm just experimenting with a few things."

Confused with what i meant, she comes through the door to find a small pile of gems around me and still the same number of whole rocks, "wh... what did you do?"

"I was just trying out getting the gems out of the rocks, getting a feel for my magic."

"But you got the gems out of the rocks, it usually takes a strong stallion with a hammer to get them out!" It took me a second to get around how they can use hammers before she continued, "you must speek to Twilight about how you can do these things!" We made our way back to Twilight's place, and once again all the ponies inside are surrounded by books, almost none are still on the shelves as they finished the last of the books. "Twilight, you must see him do magic! I've never seen anything like it! He's already learned how to teleport things around!"

Twilight responds quickly, "How is that possible? you don't know how to do it. How could he have learned?"

"How did the first pony learn to do it? there was no pony to teach him how to do it if he was the first." I answered.

"But i know for a fact that he studied for over three years about it before he could even teleport the simplest things."

"Well give me a second and i'll prove it." I consentrated hard, thinking not just about one book or two, but all the books that were not being read as well as the ponies that were on top of the books, consentrating on gathering the information about the books, specifically how they were to go on the shelves. I took only a few books at a time and arranged them neatly on the shelves one poof after another until the three spike, applejack and rarity were reading were left.

Twilight and Rarity were left breathless, not only were all the books teleported, but in the correct locations in the library! Twilight thought only she and spike knew the order enough to do it in such a short amount of time. All Twilight could say was "amazing!"

Spike heard the astonishment in twilight's voice and poped from the book, "what?! Did you find something?" Before a gasp as the pile of books he was sitting on was no longer there and all the books were arranged on the shelves correctly and neatly. "Woah. Did you do this Twilight?"

"No, it was him!"

"He did this?! When? and how long did it take him?"

"He did it just now, and about ten seconds flat!"

"That's impossible, that means he'd have more magic then you Twilight."

"Not nessessarily," I mentioned. "It just means that I can use my efficiently. Not that I have more."

"You don't understand, to be able to take something and make it apere somewhere else takes a lot of magic."

"Well that's not exactly how i do it, i just imagine... well it's hard to explain..." I started to say as suddenly the window to my left breaks open and everything goes topsy-turvey as if a bombshell erupted in the room.