• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,521 Views, 13 Comments

Darkness Evolved - Trivium



After long years of war, Sombra finally is destroyed, but it is un-known what was able to defeat his power. It is very worrysome that this strange victor over Sombra wasn't fighting for the good, but so it could have the ponies as its own prey.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,521

Chapter 8: Trivium

Chapter 8: Trivium

It was early the morning after Rainbow Dash had found herself taken into a hospital, after somehow escaping the evil grip of the dragon captor. She slowly opened her eyes, finding the nurse quietly working on something. "M-Miss?" Rainbow Dash asked lowly. "You're awake! What do you need?" She responded. "I would like to know where I am." Rainbow Dash said. "Well, I can't tell you where you are, but I can tell you how to get to Equestria from here. We're a self-supportive hospital, we set up camp out in the wilderness, hoping to save lost ponies and other un-fortunate creatures. As you can see, we've managed to scrape up quite a few over the past, and saved them. You're appearence was quite strange though, any idea how you got all the way out here?"

"I... I can't explain, but I must get back to Equestria as soon as I can." Rainbow Dash said, her voice sounding more serious then before.

"Well, I can assure you that you won't be fit to fly any time soon, dear."

"No, you don't understand, I need to get back there, it's an emergency!" Rainbow Dash said, sitting up. "Now now," the nurse started, gently putting her hoof on Rainbow Dash's shoulder, slowly lowering her back to laying down. "You're not aware of the condition you're in, you have many infected wounds and many fractured bones in your wings. If you tried to fly, you would only fall out of the sky." The nurse explained. Rainbow Dash sighed, trying to think of a way to get out of this hospital. The answer was clear, she had to sneak out, but how was she supposed to find the directions back to Equestria?

"Miss," Rainbow Dash said again after a long pause. "May I please have directions back to Equestria?" she said innocently. "I... I guess I could give you them..." The nurse said, seemingly in a trance. "20 miles out north, then take a sharp turn for the east, and fly that direction and you will find yourself at Equestria."

"Thank you, nurse." Rainbow Dash said, resting her head, pretending to go to sleep.

Rainbow Dash began to think.

'I must have sub-consciously escaped somehow, which means that by likelyhood, the dragon and his army could be alive. This can be dangerous to Equestria, I need to get back there as soon as possible.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few hours passed, and Rainbow Dash found herself ready to escape. She waited for the nurse to turn her back, and she ripped the medical equipment off of her. She kicked hard at the window, and dove out, hearing the nurse shouting from behind. "Thank you for all the help!" She called out, before kicking into over-fly. She flew at almost max speed, keeping her head low. Her mane blew in every direction behind her as she began to feel a small draft picking up. She soon realized the mass amount of pain coming from her wings. In the adrenaline rush of escape, she could ignore the pain, but now, it began to hit her like 850,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of bricks. She cried out in pain, slowing her pace. She turned eastward, causing even more pain. She knew that she had to endure the pain until she made it back home.

She was loosing altitude as she slowed, soon dropping down to the floor. She gasped in pain as she let her wings relax. The nurse was right, but she had no time to wait, she had to get back to Equestria and warn everypony. She began to run along the ground, quickly getting tired. She jumped and stretched her wings, flapping them violently to get into the air. She cried out again, but she was now flying lowly, going faster then on the ground. Soon her pained wings began to feel more like a dull throb, meaning that they were numbing over from all the pain and abuse. She shook her head and sped up, using most her energy to get higher into the air. She soon began to feel a storm coming on, lots of rain and wind setting off her flying.

Crash. Rainbow Dash flinched as she saw a large bolt of lightning strike the ground nearby where she was flying. She bit her lip and carried on, running quickly out of energy. She tried to gain altitude, but began to lose ability to use her wings, her muscles basically shutting off slowly. She dove, flattening her wings against her back to save energy. Before hitting the ground, she gracefully spread her wings, slowing her down, enough for a controlled roll to the ground. Graceful, being a less-then-descriptive word. She fell to the ground, rolling on her side across the ground. After a few seconds, she came to a stop, dizzy, distorted, and pained. She slowly stood, and tried to walk, before she realized, where the hell was westward? She was lost, the roll had set off her sense of direction. "No.... Nononononononononononononooonooooono." She said desperately, looking around for signs of familiarity. She heard a voice call out, coming from an unknown place.

"Miss! Miss are you alright!" The voice called, getting closer by the second. Rainbow Dash fell to her flank, her head spinning. "Miss, are you...." The voice said as a small, but fully grown looking pegasus ran up to Rainbow Dash. He had a dark coat, his feathers of his wings each slowly dissolving into red from black at the ends. His mane and tail followed the pattern of his wings. He looked at Rainbow Dash in the eyes, studying her. "Rainbow.... Dash?" He asked, putting a hoof on her shoulder to steady her. "Wha... What? Oh, right. Yeah, that's me... Rainbow Dash's the name..... Flying's... The....."

"You're alive!" He cried out, hugging her. "Oh.... Right... Sorry...." He said, backing away, his cheeks getting invaded with red. "You were taken from us, but you're back! You're alive!"

"Where is..... Equest..."

"Equestria! I know where that is! I can get us there, but not in this storm..." The pegasus said, examining the sky.

"That's... Okay, we can just....." Rainbow Dash collapsed, landing in the pegasus's arms.

"We're staying here for tonight, and that is that." He said, laying Rainbow Dash down by a tree, before sitting down next to her.

"Yeah.... That's... That's what.... I said...." Rainbow Dash stuttered. The pegasus didn't respond, instead he slipped one of his hind legs under Rainbow Dash's head, making some form of a pillow for her. "You're not doing so good, just rest for now.".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, the sunlight shining through wet leaves. She heard silent snoring in the backround. She sat up, rubbing her head, before looking back at the dark pegasus. He slept lightly, leaning against a tree. She walked up to him, and shook him.

"Wake up, we gotta go!" She said loudly.

"Wai... Wha!" The pegasus said, jumping awake, loosing his balance and falling to his back. "Get up!" Rainbow Dash said, standing the stallion up. "Which way to Equestria?!" She shouted.

"Umm.... Uh...."

"Come on! You said you could get us back there!"

"Uhh... This way!" The pegasus said, pointing in a random direction.

"You sure?"

"No... I mean yes! Yes I am!" The dark pegasus said, stretching his wings to take off. Rainbow Dash was already in the air, flying in the direction he had pointed.

"Must you really jump to a start like that!?!" The dark pegasus said as he caught up to Rainbow Dash.

"Want me to go faster? I like faster!" Rainbow Dash said, increasing her pace.

"Nonono, wait!" The peagsus said, trying to keep up.

Soon, Equestria was in view.

Rainbow Dash let out a joyful cry and kicked into full speed, forgetting about the pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash!" A voice cried as she roughly landed. "Somepony get a doctor!" Rainbow Dash heard a scream, followed by many screams, sounding of shock and terror.

"Wait, what?" She asked, looking around. Then she saw her wings. Folded, crumpled looked, bruised, and one of them had a bone poking though, bleeding heavily. She tried to move her wings, and she was now aware of the pain. She screamed and collapsed. Darkness began to over-take again. She felt a dull feeling of two hooves on her shoulders. She heard a voice, sounding broken and sad. "Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash! DASH!" The pegasus yelled, trying to bring her back to reality. "No!" He cried out as he was pushed back by a doctor. "Give me some space! She's going to be fine!"

Darkness faded into light. Rainbow Dash covered her eyes from the blinding light that was the ceiling of the hospital room. She heard troubled breathing coming from somewhere. She raised her head to look around, and saw the dark pegasus that had helped her earlier, sitting in a chair, his head in his hooves. "Are.... Are you okay?" Rainbow Dash asked him.

"You're alive!"

"Of course I am, wha-"

Rainbow Dash's sentence was cut off by the dark pegasus kissing Rainbow Dash on the lips.

"I'm..... I'm so sorry.... It's just that.... Well...." The pegasus stammered randomly.

"It's okay, I understand." Rainbow Dash said, trying to re-assure the pegasus.

He breathed deeply, his face reddining heavily once again.

"By some chance, could I have your name?" Rainbow Dash asked, trying to change the awkward feeling in the room.

"T-T-T-Trivium.." He said.

"Well, Trivium, thank you for all the help you've offered in the past day." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh.. Uh, it's n-no problem..." Trivium said.