• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,519 Views, 13 Comments

Darkness Evolved - Trivium



After long years of war, Sombra finally is destroyed, but it is un-known what was able to defeat his power. It is very worrysome that this strange victor over Sombra wasn't fighting for the good, but so it could have the ponies as its own prey.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,519

Chapter 6: Unfortunate Beginnings, Unfortunate Endings

Chapter 6: Unfortunate Beginnings, Unfortunate Endings.

Rainbow Dash worriedly sat, the scent of blood still hanging heavily in the air, even after the broken pony had been taken away. She worried heavily about the poor wolf, Zero. He had been taken away by the guards, and that never was good. The last time that happened the pony came back as a torturous mentally insane guard, but with enough heart to slip her some food. She remembered her horrible trip out of the prison, and just thinking about it made her mildly dizzy and jumpy. She could smell a mildly fortunately recognizable smell. Food and water. The small amount of slop and water was quickly gone from the steel bowls, as Rainbow Dash swallowed, licking her lips after finishing the, "meal".

She lay her head down after the meal, and got lost in thought, something she did daily. She could only think about how routine her life was in these chains. Soon, she was laying with her eyes closed, but a worried expression on her face as she dreamed about Zero, and what could have happened to him. She felt sorry for him, having to be locked up and un-able to do anything right after his families' death. It was a long enough sum of time until Rainbow Dash heard hooves, just like she did whenever somebody was being taken or returned. She awoke, and looked up to see the sight of the day. The orange pony walked, without armor, her head hanging low, a chain around her neck. Following her was Zero, staring straight ahead, walking with horrible stillness, showing no sign of emotion. "Zero!" Rainbow Dash called out. He didn't respond. She gritted her teeth, feeling rage and horror. They had taken Zero. She stayed silent, expecting for Zero to be chained, but that was not the case.

She stood slowly, unsure about what was happening after her own chains were removed. She followed obediently behind the guards, walking in between the orange pony and Zero. She looked over to the orange pony, and nudged her. "Hey, you okay?" She whispered. The orange pony kept walking, not responding, staring at the ground. "Whats going on?!" Rainbow Dash demanded as they walked, going up-hill, this time in a different direction then before. "Shut your mouth and you will see." A guard snapped. Rainbow Dash didn't respond, not knowing what to say, or why.

After a long walk, Rainbow Dash was lead to the edge of a flat area, at the top of a very tall mountain. She stood still, looking around nervously.

"Welcome..." A voice rang out.

Rainbow Dash shuttered as she heard the dragon's evil, menacing voice.

The orange pony looked up, tears in her eyes. She whimpered, looking around.

"We're going to be okay." Rainbow Dash said to the orange pony.

"Rainbow Dash, I am sure you're aware of the act of, "Kindness", we can call it, that your friend here acted out early this cold morning." The dragon said, remaining hidden wherever.

Rainbow Dash stayed silent.

"I know you're aware, as am I, and your friend herself. You'd best thank your friend. It was the last nice thing she will have ever done."

"What?!" Rainbow Dash shouted, the cool wind building. "She gave me a small amount of food? What difference should it make?!"

"She defied orders."

"She doesn't deserve punishment! She's done nothing wrong!" Rainbow Dash shouted louder now, the wind howling loudly.

The orange pony looked around, tears flowing from her eyes rapidly now.

"Zero here will be doing the honors."

Zero stood, looking forwards still.

"Zero! Zero speak to me!" Rainbow Dash shouted frantically.

No response.

"Prepare her for death."

Two guards walked up to the orange pony and grabbed her, pulling her towards a large boulder.

"NO!" Rainbow Dash shouted after her.

The orange pony stood bravely, showing no fear, the tears drying rapidly on her face. She shivered slightly as she heard a loud bang, and a sound of a lock. She looked behind her, and saw that the chain around her neck had been locked into a small notch in the boulder.

"Zero."

Zero walked over to the boulder, staring plainly.

"Do it. Send this worthless soul off on her journey."

"I'd rather die." Zero said.

"You are not to defy orders. Send this mere pony off. Kill her."

"I've seen enough death." Zero said, a single tear running down his face as he walked towards the large cliff that the boulder was to go down.

"Zero. Kill this damned soul!" The dragon shouted, appearing now.

"Jade.... Serenity.... Vexon.... I'm on my way." Zero said. He stepped up to the very edge of the cliff, and turned to face Rainbow Dash.

"Thank you." He said, before jumping.

"NO!" Rainbow Dash screamed, lunging forwards to the edge, looking down. She saw Zero falling gracefully, his right front paw bent in a salute. Tears ran down Rainbow Dash's face as she closed her eyes, not wanting to see Zero die. She stepped back, slowly. "He's.... He's with his family now. He's at peace...." She whispered, her mane blowing every direction in the wind. The orange pony stared at the ground.

"I've... I'm a..... Monster...." She said.

"You're no monster! You're a hero!" Rainbow Dash shouted over the wind.

"Rainbow Dash. You know your orange friend quite well. I'm sure that she'd love to spend her last moment with a friend." The dragon said, grabbing the air with his fist. Rainbow Dash felt the chain around her neck get yanked violently under the power of the dragon. She slowly walked over to the border, finding herself unable to move after she reached it.

"Please.... I'm broken.... Save me... I've seen horrible things, I've done horrible things...." The orange pony said gravely, looking Rainbow Dash in the eyes. "Release me from this prison... Don't feel bad..."

Rainbow Dash said nothing, tears steadily falling.

"I must give you my name before I go, I want you to remember who I was, for me. I cannot remember the pony I used to be... They've... They've broken me...." She said. "Please...."

Rainbow Dash nodded slowly.

"Bliss." She said.

"I will remember you forever. The world will know what a hero you are. I will defeat these horrible monsters in your name." Rainbow Dash said.

"I'll never forget you, Rainbow Dash. You truely are a hero, even if you don't feel you are." Bliss said. "Please, send me on my way, send me to peace."

Rainbow Dash let out a whimper, hugging her friend. She slowly put her hoof on the rock, feeling it almost rolling down the mountain already. She closed her eyes, and looked down. "Tell Sonic Rain I said hello."

She gave the boulder a shove, and felt it slip away. Rainbow Dash let out a scream, realizing what she had done.

"Thank you Rainbow Dash...." a small voice said, sounding like Bliss' voice.

Rainbow Dash fainted.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Sorry if this chapter falls shorter then the others, I try to keep them all over 1,000 words long, but this chapter was a sad one.

Thumbs! I would love some ratings, and ideas! This story is still pretty early along, so I will take in some ideas if you guys have any! Leave them in the comments!