• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,521 Views, 13 Comments

Darkness Evolved - Trivium



After long years of war, Sombra finally is destroyed, but it is un-known what was able to defeat his power. It is very worrysome that this strange victor over Sombra wasn't fighting for the good, but so it could have the ponies as its own prey.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,521

Chapter 5: Sweet Insanity

Chapter 5: Sweet Insanity

Rainbow Dash lay silently on the ground, it was a cold winter morning and she was fighting off a headache. She tried not to see the negatives, and focus on the positives, but the number of positives in this situation were equal to her chances to break free from these chains on demand. 0%. She heard hoofsteps coming, and looked to see what to expect. She saw the orange friend of hers, non-chalantly walking towards her, keeping her head low. "Don't let them see this." She hissed, dropping a small piece of food infront of her, then acting like she was taunting her. "Your wings were never good for much anyway." she said, laughing convincingly, winking at Rainbow Dash before walking off. Rainbow Dash quickly gulped down the small amount of food, wondering what was going on. She saw the wolf staring at her beggingly. "Sorry.." she said sheepishly. "Sorry for asking, but what's your name?" She added.

"Zero." The wolf said after a long pause.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, even if we met like this. I'm Ra-"

"Rainbow Dash." Zero cut off. "I've heard about you before."

"Oh... I didn't know I was known that well." Rainbow Dash said, blushing.

"When you fly over our packs land all the time, you get easy to know." Zero said.

"You're from nearby Equestria?" Rainbow Dash asked, getting worried about the fact that others nearby had been taken.

"We're a little over 20 miles out, we never bother you guys, we keep to our own business, like creatures should." Zero said flatly.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be nosey, it's just that with the kind of place this is, I get very lonely." Rainbow Dash said.

Zero didn't reply, he just rested his head on his paws, staring into space infront of him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dragon sat, staring at the orange pony from his raised throne.

"I heard that you were seen giving the prisoners food." He growled.

"No, sir! Why would I ever do that?!" She questioned.

"You were seen giving food to Rainbow Dash, more specifically." He said.

"I see no reason for me to do that, sir." She said.

"You may not see a reason, but you did it."

"Sir, I did not give any food to the prisoners."

"Well," the dragon said. "Are you doubting my power?"


"No, sir. I'm doubting your judgement, I did not give any food to any prisoner."

"You gave a small amount of food to Rainbow Dash, then pretended to make fun of her. You may not be aware, but I can see anything that happens in that room at any time! You said her wings were never good for much anyway, after giving her food." The dragon said, standing.

"That..." The orange pony started. "I'm sorry, sir.", she lowered her head.

"You're very lucky. I let new drones get off easy, and I am in a good mood today. Next time I catch you doing something like this, it will be the end of your life, rat." The dragon spat.

"Thank you, sir. Many apolagies."

"You are to bring me the wolf, now." The dragon commanded.

"Right away, sir."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero inhaled deeply, slowly exhaling.

"I'm sorry for being so rude earlier. I'm having lots of problems right now." Zero said slowly.

"You need to chill out a bit, we're all in this together." Rainbow Dash replied.

After a long silence of no conversing between the two, Rainbow Dash heard guards coming. She looked to the source of the sound and saw the orange pony leading 2 others, marching towards Zero.

"Zero," she started.

Chains rattling. Zero looked around confused, standing slowly.

"Please, be careful."

"You're going to pay for what you've done!" Zero screamed, thrashing against the chain around his neck, getting free. Rainbow Dash gasped in shock and terror. "FEEL WHAT MY FAMILY FELT YOU FUCKING BEASTS!" He screamed, attacking the orange pony, knocking her down. He raised a paw to strike downwards, going to a finishing stab. Another one of the guards kicked at Zero, and screamed, jumping back. Zero clung tightly onto his leg, thrashing his neck. Rainbow Dash flinched as she heard flesh ripping, and lots of cracks. The orange pony quickly rose, and jumped onto Zero's back, pinning him down. The injured pony scooted backwards, grunting in agony, looking at his damaged leg in horror. Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped.

His leg was covered in blood, skin hanging limply off, thin twigs of bone sticking out like a log that was half-cut with a dull chainsaw blade. Zero made no sound, not willingly surrendering to the darkness that followed his head being hit repeatedly. The pony let out a scream as his leg dropped to the floor, his muscles no longer responding in that leg. He screamed once more, then passed out. Rainbow Dash watched as the orange pony dragged Zero out of the room, one of the ponies gently trying to lift the broken guard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dragon jumped to a start as the still un-named orange pony burst through the giant doors, swinging them open. "We need a medical unit at the prison, ASAP." She yelled, out of breath.

"Why is the wolf un conscious? Was it too hard to bring him back awake and alive?" The dragon said, ignoring her shouts.

"That's a long story, we have an injured soldier in the prison!" She said, calming down.

"And you're telling me? You're in charge of the unit for now, so you should get your unit's medics right?" The dragon said.

The orange pony stammered, then said, "Yes, sir."

"Leave the wolf. I shall deal with him." The dragon said as the orange pony rushed out the door.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darkness slowly gave to light as Zero slowly opened his eyes, coming back to attention. He jumped to his paws, finding that he was not in chains. He looked around the room, seeing nothing but darkness around.

"The strong wolf awakens."

Zero jumped towards where he thought the voice was coming from, only to hit what seemed like an invisible wall. "Where are ya?!" He yelled, pawing the invisible force.

"You can walk. It's only darkness, unless you're afraid of that."

Zero jumped against the wall again, to no avail. He tried all around, but he only had about 7 feet of space before he hit an invisible wall.

"What are you waiting for? Come kill me. For Jade."

Zero screamed, pounding his body into the wall at the sound of his dead wife's name.

"You're not going to avenge her? You're going to show mercy to that who ended your families life?"

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" Zero screamed, back up for another charge at the un-seen wall.

"You're going to let your family die in vain?"

Zero said nothing, maddeningly looking around the area, seeing nothing but darkness around him.

"Jade... Vexon.... Serenity... Your children, and your wife? You're going to let them die with no rest?"

"Reveal.... Yourself!" Zero said, running out of breath from his fruitless charges.

"I can almost hear them crying..."

Zero tried to fight back tears, still struggling against the now seemingly shrinking space.

"Their screams...."

Zero collapsed, tears quickly taking over. He felt his space closing in, but he didn't care. Death was just a release at this point. "Just... Kill me...." He said.

"Zero! Zero!" He heard the voice of his wife calling out.

"Where are you!?!" Zero screamed, looking around.

"Dad!!" His sons voice cried out.

"VEXON! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

"Dad! Help!" His daughters voice.

Zero looked around silently, his vision nothing but blurs from the heavy tearfall.

Then he saw him. A large dark dragon appearing out of seemingly nowhere, his eyes glowing red.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Zero screamed, jumping to his paws and charging at the large dragon. He fell to the floor, diving into black mist. He looked around and saw the dragon again, staring with an evil grin, a few feet away, standing behind him. Zero quickly jumped to his paws again and lunged, with the same result. Dark mist. He didn't care, he still would try. Then he saw the dragon standing even farther away, holding the limp body of his son, his large claws against his throat. "NOOOO!" Zero screamed, diving into the dragon. Dark mist clouded his vision, this time lingering.

"Zero!" The voice called out again.

Zero ran forwards, and looked around, but the mist lingered around him, thickening by the second. "No...." He said, coughing heavily as the mist slowly turned into a heavy smoke. "I'll.... Kill.... I'll kill..." Zero struggled to speak through the smoke. "I'll...".

Darkness.

The dragon emerged from the darkness, walking up to Zero.

"Broken...." He said, grinning evilly.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry about the long wait between the chapters, I'm going to jump right into the next chapter after finishing this one!

Thumbs! Leave your ratings! I wanna know what you think, and some ideas! What should I do next with this story? This story is still in an early stage, so I am taking in some ideas for things to do in the story.

-Killakrafter13