• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,521 Views, 13 Comments

Darkness Evolved - Trivium



After long years of war, Sombra finally is destroyed, but it is un-known what was able to defeat his power. It is very worrysome that this strange victor over Sombra wasn't fighting for the good, but so it could have the ponies as its own prey.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,521

Chapter 11: Until the End.

Chapter 11: Until the End.

Trivium lay silently on the chair, a heap of limbs. His breathing remained steady. The large dragon sat for a few seconds, soaking in this easy victory over Trivium.

"Rainbow Dash!" He called, snapping his fingers.

"Yessir?"

"Take Trivium to the..... Beating room.... I want him broken by the time the sun rises." He said, lazilly waving his hand, speaking in an arrogant tone.

"Yes, sir."

***

Trivium slowly opened his eyes. He didn't move for a long time, he just lay there paralyzed with fear. He took a deep breath and raised his head, examining where he was. He found himself in a medium-sized room, with no visible doors or windows, but there was a puny lightbulb keeping the room dim. He shivered in fear/coldness. He looked for anyone else in the room with him, but he found himself to be alone.

"Finally awake."

Trivium winced slightly at the sound of Rainbow Dash's voice, it sounding in a cruel tone more then anything else. He felt as if her very voice could kill him.

"You claim that you cannot be broken."

"Dash.... Please listen to me, you're not being yourself, you're a mental slave!" Trivium pleaded, hoping Dash would snap into reality.

"You will be broken."

"Dash...."

Trivium jumped up when he saw Rainbow Dash appear out of seemingly nowhere. She stared evilly, her body splashed with blood. She grinned and slowly approached him. Trivium backed up until his back was pressed into the corner of the room. He skidded his hooves, desperately trying to find a way out. He yelped in pain as Dash yanked one of his hooves out form under him, causing him to fall, making him hit his head into the corner roughly. He stared up at Rainbow Dash, fear in his eyes. She stood over him, her eyes and grin getting wilder by the second. She lifted a hoof and pressed down on Trivium's throat.

Trivium didn't fight back much, he was too weakened already. He tried to pry her hooves from his neck, but with no success. He kicked weakly, his kicks having almost no effect. Rainbow Dash cackled evilly, pressing down harder. Trivium grunted in pain, still trying to fight back.

Dash let up enough for Trivium to breathe after what felt like an eternity.

"Please....." Trivium gasped, staring into Rainbow Dash's eyes.

Rainbow Dash lifted Triv from the floor and pinned him against he wall by the shoulders.

"Why don't you fight back? Why can't you stand up for the ones you love? Why do you sit here weakly and be beaten?" She taunted, pressing hard.

"I will not hurt you Rainbow Dash. I know in there somewhere is the real you. I can feel it."

Rainbow frowned and let go, letting Trivium fall to the floor. He lay up against the wall, keeping his head low.

"The real me? The REAL me?" She chuckled, lifting Trivium's head to stare into his eyes. "She's gone. She doesn't exist. You won't either, soon enough." She swung hard at Triv's face. knocking him onto his side. Trivium lay silently, not wanting to fight back in fear of hurting Rainbow Dash. Trivium felt himself being lifted from the floor and pushed against the wall again, but he was slipping into darkness. His current mindstate was breaking down. He just wanted everything to be over.

***

"He's ready...." Rainbow Dash said, dragging Trivium's limp body by the scruff of his neck.

"I want him chained to the darkest place there is in that prison. I want him to see no hope anywhere around him." The dragon said.

"Yes, sir. He will awake to see nothing but loneliness around him."

***

Trivium hung upside-down limply, his hooves tied around a large stick which was layed along the backs of two large guards. They marched through the cold air, the wind blowing heavily. The two guards followed close behind Rainbow Dash, who was strangely enough not seeming cold whatsoever.

It wasn't very long before Trivium had been bound in chains, in the darkest part of the whole prison. The prisoner next to him watched silently as he was brought in, chained, and abandoned. Now she stared at him, with a strange feeling. The need to save him. The need to get him free, into safety. He just seemed.... Different. Trivium slowly woke after a while. He lifted his head slowly, looking around. He lifted a hoof, inspecting the chains. He said nothing, dropping his head to the floor.

After a long silence, the pony spoke.

"Are you okay...?"

Trivium didn't respond, not even acknowledging her existence.

"If you want to get out of here, you're going to need to know those around you."

"We're not getting out of here. We're all going to die here and he shall take over the world." Trivium's voice sounded depressed. "They've taken her... And they've taken many more.... They will take all of us..."

Unsure of who "She/her" was, the prisoner responded, "Every empire falls, and with everything that falls there must be the force to knock it down. We must be that force. We can get all them back. We can end this all."

"There's no stopping them. They're powerful in numbers and skill. They will make us their slaves as they will the rest of the world." Trivium rested one of his arms over his muzzle, closing his eyes.

"They say there's no stopping alot of things. Those certain things ended up getting stopped. Everything is stoppable only if there are those willing to stop it."

Trivium said nothing.

***

Trivium woke from sleep after an un-defined period of time to the sound of chains and steps. He looked around, his eyes adjusting to the now brighter room. He saw two guards un-chaining a prisoner, the prisoner limp and un-responsive. He closed his eyes for a second, not wanting to see the truth. The prisoner was carelessly dragged out of the room by the guards.

That's when it hit him.

***

"Rainbow Dash!"

"Yes, sir?"

"There's a few prisoners who've.... Decided to leave us."

"Dead, sir?"

"Yes."

"And you want me to remove the bodies?"

"Go with those two guards over there." The dragon pointed. "Burn the bodies."

***

Rainbow Dash directed the two guards towards where the prisoners were reported dead, while she went to get one herself. She strolled down the lines of prisoners chained to the floor, mocking them with her freedom. She sighed when she reached the reported dead prisoner she'd chosen to get. Trivium lay, motionless, not breathing. She checked his neck for any pulse. None. He was really dead. She un-chained him and bit down on the scruff of his neck again, dragging him away.

She met with the other two guards, and they carried their prisoners to a large fire pit, already burning. She lay down Trivium next to the other two dead prisoners, and watched as one of the guards lifted the first and tossed them into the fire. They say in silence, watching the fire. After a long pause, the second was lifted and tossed in. The same silence. The guard sighed and lifted Trivium, but paused.

"Wasn't this one supposed to become another torture slave?" He asked.

"Like he always was, he clearly was a failure here." Rainbow Dash said, showing no emotion.

"So you knew him, then?"

"More or less he just had a crush on me."

"I think it'd be right if you.... Ya know..."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and stood, walking up to the guard.

"You're really concerned about that much? He's dead." She said as she took Trivium from the guards arms. "He doesn't even deserve to be burned, I'd say we just let him rot out here."

"That's hardly sensible."

"Burning him is?"

"It gives him some form of dignity when he dies."

"Dignity?" Rainbow Dash lazilly dropped Trivium onto the cold rocks. "He never had any, nor does he deserve any."

The guard straightened his back, towering over Rainbow Dash. "Give him the dignity he deserves." He growled.

"Fine. Have it your way." Rainbow Dash sighed, picking Trivium up again. She paused before throwing him and looked down at him for once.

Rainbow Dash collapsed to the floor, hugging Trivium's limp body, crying.

"Trivium please.... Come back...." She said softly, clinging onto him. "Please... I'm sorry..."

"What's the matter with you?" The guard said, pushing Rainbow Dash back. "You said yourself you didn't know him. You just sat here arguing that he deserved to rot." He held her to the ground.

"He can't be dead! It's not true!" Rainbow Dash cried out, fighting against the large guards pin. "Please! Trivium!"

The other guard slowly lifted Trivium and threw him into the flames.

***

"NO!" Trivium cried out, jumping to life. He spread his wings and flapped violently backwards against the flames. The fire swayed, burning away from him. He took one more puff of his wings, and the fire burned out.

"Trivium!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

"What the!" The guard that had thrown him cried out at the same time. "Get him!"

Trivium landed on the other side of the large fire pit, his back towards a large cliff.

The guard lunged over the pit, making a massive jump. Trivium stumbled to the side, startled that the pony could make a jump that size. The guard easily swooped his hoof, knocking Trivium to the ground. The guard pounced on top of him. pinning him. "I will throw you off this mountain myself, so I can see you die." He growled, lifting Trivium. He grabbed one of Trivium's wings and yanked on it, causing a loud pop. Trivium cried out in pain, struggling to get free. The guard didn't bother with the second wing, he just walked up to the ledge, dangling Trivium over the cliff by his broken wing. Trivium cried out again, pain and fear overwhelming him. The guard let go.

Trivium screamed as he fell, trying to grab onto something, only swinging his hooves through the air uselessly. He heard a loud shout and saw Rainbow Dash dive off the cliff.

"Rainbow Dash!" He yelled, extending one of his hooves, hoping that she would save him. Rainbow Dash was quick to grab onto his hoof, flapping her wings to slow the decent. Trivium fell to the ground softly. Rainbow Dash landed next to him, looking for something stable to steady his wing.

"Rainbow Dash.. You're.... Back!" Trivium said, his voice being half-split in pain and surprise.

"Shhh Trivium, shhh...." She hushed him, putting her hoof over his mouth. The two guards peered over the edge, searching for them. "I'm going to find something for your wing, but we have to go back. We have to free the others."

"How are we-"

"Shush." Rainbow Dash covered his mouth again.

The guard's heads disappeared back over the ledge.

"They're gonna raise an alarm." Trivium said.

"I know....." Rainbow Dash looked around worridly. "How are we going to pull this off..."

Sure enough, a loud siren rang out.

"You're going to have to hide, Triv." She stood him up and helped him walk, leading him towards a small dark cave just around a corner.

"Stay here, you'll be okay, I promise." She somewhat pushed him over against the wall. "No matter what happens, promise me you'll stay safe." She said, staring into his eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I can't promise anything..." Trivium said. "I will try, though."

Rainbow Dash sighed, and shot out of the cave, and was gone.

***

The alarm shut off. Was that good? Trivium sat, wondering what the alarm shutting off could have meant. He decided that he couldn't just sit here, Rainbow Dash could be dying right at this moment. He stood and climbed out of the cave, and tried to fly, but his broken wing forbade him. He grunted in frustration and ran as fast as he could, climbing the steep incline soon, jumping from rock-ledge to rock-ledge. He panted heavily, staring at a jump that he had to make. It was a huge gap. He took a deep breath, lowered, and jumped, extending his two front hooves. He landed surprisingly well, not expecting to make the jump entirely.

The land underneath his hind hooves gave in. Part of the ledge broke off and slid away. Trivium silenced a cry, barely managing to keep himself on the ledge. He grunted, swinging his two hind hooves upwards, managing to get back up onto the now half-sized ledge.

After what felt like ages, Trivium slowly climbed up to flat-land. His legs were weak, but he was fueled with the need to end this madness. He very soon realized that this would be the last of this he would see, weather he died or not, this must be the end of it all. Finally, he will see peace. He will feel safety, he will be able to breathe again. He trudged onwards, deciding to make his way towards the prison, where he could attempt to free the prisoners, and start an uprising. He shivered in the cold, the sky now considerably darker then before. The prison building came into view, much sooner then expected. Slowly, he crept in, his eyes darting from side to side. He watched for any guards, but there were none. He assumed this was because of the recent alarm raising. The keys! He had to find them!

Trivium searched all around, looking in corners, testing for hollow points in the walls and floors. He sighed, the warden must've taken them with him, as expected. He leaned against the wall, sinking downwards to the ground. "Why..." He repeated silently, burying his face in his hooves. It was all ending, but now, there was no happy ending. The warden would be with others, too many for Trivium to take down. He would be killed, and the empire would not fall. He slowly stood after a few minutes, deciding to take an attempt at picking the locks on his own. He sighed, shut his eyes tight, opened his mouth, and rammed his teeth into the wall. He grunted in pain, feeling a tooth shatter. He quickly gathered the pieces, blood rushing from the missing tooth's spot. He found a piece that was long and thin, ideal for the task at hand.

He tried his luck, walking up to a prisoner. The pony lay silently, seemingly sleeping. Trivium silently lifted one of the locks, putting the tooth shard in his mouth, trying to twist and turn the lock open. He heard a click, and shut his eyes tight. He tried the lock. It loosely opened.

"Get up, come on." Trivium said to the prisoner, shaking him, while un-raveling the chains. "You're freed, help me get the others."

"Wha...." The Earth pony lifted his head, blinking slowly. "Free....?"

"Free, we're uprising and taking this empire down. We must free the others. Free them, tell them." Trivium commanded, already moving to the next prisoner. The Earth pony stood, shaking his limbs and stretching.

Trivium grunted in anger and bit down on the metal lock, with no success. "Can you break this?" He asked the Earth pony. He stiffly walked over, looking at the lock, turning it over. He lifted a hoof and struck down, causing the lock to snap loosely open.

"Good job, keep it up." Trivium said, un-raveling the chains of the newly-freed prisoner.

With more and more prisoners being freed, the locks were being opened easier as new talents were discovered.

Trivium walked among the ranks, telling the militia his plan.

"We burn the main building, this will help by possibly destroying the- AGHH!" Trivium collapsed, an arrow stuck into his side.

At the doorway of the prison, stood a single guard, the leader of the ranks. His armor was thick and royal looking. He was already stuffing another arrow into his blow-dart shooter.

"Fight.... Strong...." Trivium pulled himself up against a wall, breathing heavily. "Kill.... Them all......"

The first-freed prisoner let out a loud cry, charging for the one responsible. The rest followed suit. As the charge moved, one pegasus limply fell to the floor, her life already taken as an arrow stuck from her throat.

Trivium watched, his vision quickly darkening. He tried to speak, but he was too tired. Peace at last.

The cries soon twisted, sounding like pleas for mercy. Trivium's vision brightened, his strength returning. He slowly stood, his eyes focused on the crowd of ponies. He saw many on the ground, some crying out in pain, some laying silently, breathing heavily, others dead already.

"M.... Master.... Please...." Trivium slowly fell into a bow. The large dragon stood at the entry, both his arms extended, his head slightly lowered, his eyes closed. The militia all lay on the ground, un-able to move. Trivium shut his eyes.

"Master... Please have mercy on me...." He spoke quietly. Darkness quickly inked into Trivium's vision, soon causing him to fall limp.

***

Trivium's vision slowly returned. His senses distorted. He found himself strapped to a chair. He was faced towards Rainbow Dash, who was unconscious, tied to the wall.

"Dash!" Trivium cried out. "Rainbow, wake up!"

Trivium began to tremble. He heard a ringing overtaking his ears. His vision blurred.

"Master Axiom," Trivium spoke lowly. "Please spare me....."

The large dragon stood on his hind legs, leaning against the wall, a few meters from Rainbow Dash. He held a wicked knife, it's blade changing the size of it's serrades and sharpness throughout the entire blade. The blade itself was curved smoothly at points, and at other points a sharp, jagged pattern. He grinned, gently stroking the blade of the knife with one finger.

"M... Master...... Please....."

"You're going to have to do better then that."

"Master Axiom..... Spare my life... I beg of you....."

A tear ran down Trivium's face. He inside his mind was screaming horrible things.

Axiom chuckled softly, watching as Rainbow Dash stirred lightly, then slowly awoke.

"Triv...." She said quietly, seemingly un-fazed by the presence of Axiom.

Trivium didn't respond.

"Triv.... Please, don't be....."

Trivium tried to respond, but to no success.

"You sick monster!" Rainbow Dash screamed, struggling against the ropes that bound her. "He only ever wanted to do good, and you do.... This to him!"

Axiom said nothing, but walked up to Trivium.

"This... Good... He's done has lead to the fall of my kingdom... They are outside, but they cannot yet get in. They will get in, but I will be long gone from here by that time. My army has befallen, the less noble ones now fighting for them." Axiom lifted his blade, light from a single fire shining off it brightly. "Now.... His punishment."

Trivium cried out in pain as the blade was brought down into his arm. He let out repeated stifled cries as Axiom dragged it back and fourth, mutilating the deep cut in his arm. Axiom turned the blade sideways and ripped it out, causing another cry of pain. He trembled as the blade was pressed against his jaw. One movement of the blade, and the cut was down to the bone. Trivium grunted in pain, breathing heavily.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Rainbow Dash screamed, ripping herself free from the ropes, jumping onto Axiom's back, causing him to fall to the ground, caught off-guard.

Rainbow Dash quickly un-did the straps on the chair, pulling Trivium up, and dragging him though an un-seen doorway. They rushed out into the main room of the main building. It was barren, no guards, no Axiom. Yet.

Axiom burst into the main room, yelling in rage. He jumped onto Rainbow Dash, easily knocking her to the ground. Trivium weakly charged into Axiom, his injured leg making his attacks almost un-effective. Axiom swung at Trivium with the bottom of the handle of the knife, catching him right in the temple.

Trivium spun, falling to the ground, his senses recovering from the few seconds of unconsciousness.

Rainbow Dash rolled swiftly back up to her hooves, jumping into the air, flying slightly higher then Axiom's head. She dodged swiftly around Axioms attacks, almost taunting him. She kicked at the blade Axiom wielded, knocking it from his grip.

"Trivium!" She called, trying to get his attention.

Trivium turned his head, seeing the knife on the ground. He quickly began to crawl for it, reaching out as he got closer. Axiom's hand wrapped around the handle of the knife, Trivium's hoof falling on his hand less then a second after. Trivium lunged forward, clamping his teeth around Axiom's arm. The dragon cried out in surprise, swinging his arm, trying to shake Trivium off. Rainbow Dash tried to get the blade out of Axiom's grip, carefully kicking at it as Axiom's arm shook around. Axiom smashed his arm into a wall, causing Trivium to let go, sliding down to the floor. Rainbow Dash charged at him.

Axiom shoved Rainbow Dash sideways, swinging his knife afterwards, slicing a large cut into Rainbow Dash's side. He grabbed Rainbow Dash out of the air while she was in a mild daze. He clenched around her throat, his eyes filled with fury. She kicked at him, flapping her wings and hitting him, struggling to break free. She soon fell limp. Axiom dropped her to the floor, turning back to Trivium who lay against a wall, clearly too distorted to fight. He lifted him and pinned him against the wall, pressing the knife against his chest. Trivium stared into the dragon's eyes, showing little fear.

Axiom grinned as his sliced another cut, deep into Trivium's stomach. He yelled in pain, un-able to fight back. Axiom let Trivium fall back to the floor, pressing the knife against his throat, ready to kill him. He began to press the knife, harder, and harder, slowly increasing the pressure against his neck.

Rainbow Dash pulled Axiom's arm backwards from behind, biting the knife blade, yanking it from his hands. She kicked him hard in the face, tossing the knife into the air and catching it by the handle.

Axiom yelled in anger, swatting at Rainbow Dash, managing to hit her, causing her to fall out of the air. Rainbow Dash slowly backed away, as Axiom charged at her.

Time seemed to slow.

Rainbow Dash extended a single hoof in an effort to shield the giant dragon from tackling her. Axiom's eyes met with Rainbow Dash's, only inches away. He chuckled softly, falling to the side, the knife stuck through his chest. He gasped for air, staring up at the ceiling of the building.Rainbow Dash stood, standing over him.

"You are...... A strong one....." He said slowly. "You've torn me.... I've been shredded..... I will finally.... Rest..... But.... You will go.... To the grave... With me..."

Axiom pulled the knife from his chest, and stabbed it into Rainbow Dash's stomach.

Rainbow Dash cried out, stumbling backwards a few steps, before falling onto her side.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Trivium cried out, running over to her, tears in his eyes. "Dash.. Please... Please don't leave me...."

The large doors of the building opened, the uprising prisoners standing in the doorway.

"GET HELP! PLEASE!" Trivium screamed into the crowd.

"You're gonna make it, Rainbow. You killed him. You saved us all, you made it this far, we're almost at the end, you can make it!" His voice trembled as he spoke, tears streaming down his face.

"Trivium..." Rainbow Dash spoke softly, a half-hearted smile on her face. "I love you...."

"I love you, too Rainbow Dash, you can't go... Please...."

"I know it's hard.... Memories will always be with you......"

"No...." Trivium said. "Please don't go...."

"Don't change the way you think of me.... We're in the same story...."

"We're going to make it out. We'll make it to the end!"

"You will.... Trivium.... You're strong... You did all this.... I'm so proud..." A tear ran down Rainbow Dash's face.

"You're strong, too, Dash! You can make it! Just hang on!"

"Life moves on.... Trivium... It can't stay... The same...."

"Rainbow Dash...."

"Trivium..... I'll always be with you... I'll never forget you.... I'll...... Miss you...."

"Rainbow Dash... Please don't leave me!"

"I'll be here... With you....... Until the End....."

Rainbow Dash's eyes closed.

"Love you..........."

She exhaled heavily. No inhale followed.

***

Trivium lay on the floor, hugging Rainbow Dash, sobbing. "Please..... Come back....." He repeated, trembling.

"She died a hero, Trivium." One of the old guards of Axiom said. "She saved us."

"Rainbow Dash......"

"I'm sorry..." The guard said, putting a hoof on his shoulder.

Trivium felt a needle pierce his back. It didn't take long for him to slip into darkness.

***

The pegasus guards had enough equipment to fly home, bringing all those who couldn't along with them. Trivium woke soon after take off, but slept most the way home, crying as he slept, begging for Rainbow Dash's return. The kingdom was burned to the ground, Axiom's body going with it. Not very many were lost throughout their prison stays. More died in the uprising. They got home safely, welcomed by surprised residents. There was a very bittersweet arrival. Some found their loved ones alive and well, others.... Others did not....

***

My name is Trivium. I survived the evil attacks of the twisted dragon, Axiom. I led the uprising that took over the entire kingdom. The world has changed, sense those times, three years ago. I lost the one I loved the most in that horrible expirience. Rainbow Dash. She is the only reason we got out alive. We are all stained by Axiom's evil abilities. I've been seeing professionals for help, and I still have trouble sleeping, and have random mental breakdowns. I won't ever forget Rainbow Dash. I won't ever forget her life, as it was thriving, and as it ended in my very arms. I have gone into medical and phsycological studies. What Axiom had done to us, was weaken our mindstate, to where any form of heroism was needed, and he "saved" us, easily causing us to develop "Stockholm Syndrome", an effect where a captive will show loyalty, or love to their captor. He made many slaves with that evil trick.

I'll never be the same. I will always have those nightmares of Axiom. I will always collapse in tears, begging for Rainbow Dash's life back, at random times. She was amazing, and it's almost impossible to believe she is gone. I have a stable job in a hospital. I chose this job, because after what Rainbow Dash had done, I knew I had to live her life on, and I wanted to save as many lives as I could. Being a doctor is great, most of the time. I have a nice house, nothing too fancy. I managed to get ahold of a picture of Rainbow Dash... It hangs in my bedroom, framed in a fancy way. She looks so happy in it... I love it, sometimes I can hear her voice speaking, late at night, alone. It's probably just my mental state that causes me to hear things, but... It sounds so... Real....

She was with me from the moment we met. She stayed with me, and I know she will never leave me. She will be with me,

Until the End.

Author's Note:

THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER TO "Darkness Evolved"!

THE AMOUNT OF TIME-CUTS IN THIS CHAPTER IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

I hope you all have enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it, if you did, feel free to leave a rating or comment! I have another story about Trivium and Rainbow Dash, "A new Life", it doesn't involve any of the drama from this series, and it's not a dark/adventure story either, but it will be going on much longer if my plans work out well. Feel free to go check it out!

It's hard to close the book on this one, but everything must end at some time, and this story's time has come for it to end.

Comments ( 4 )

Ah great story I love what you didi with my idea. The final fight scene was prefect and you satisfied my love of tragedy well done. Brohoof. /)

Until the End

Soviet Malashenka(Dash) sat on her desk, thinking about what to do with this "Trivium", who had loved the Rainbow Dash from his dimension. "What to do with this one?" She asked herself, as she put a hand to her chin. "Hmmm, maybe, give him what he wants? Yes, that sounds appropriate, but which Rainbow Dash to give him too?" Then she got an idea, an awful idea, a wonderful, awful, idea. As she stuck up in finger, with an audible "Awww." Escaping her lips, and an evil grin formed on her face. "I think I'll give one of the Rainbow Factory directors a call."

Login or register to comment