• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,614 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,614

PreviousChapters Next
Wherein a Flash-Forward Occurs (TO BE HEAVILY EDITED. IGNORE FOR NOW.)

Some context for newer readers:
I had struggled for a long time with writing an update. If you'll notice the time difference between the Tea chapter, the Crusaders chapter, and this chapter, there is a year and a half gap. I need something to get me writing again, and a time skip was just the easiest way I could think of to get back into thing. This chapter is, quite frankly, clunky. I apologize for the suddenness of what happens, and how things have happened. I hope to come back to this chapter in a few months, once I'm not as rusty, and touch it up to flow better, not be as jarring, etc. That being said, I hope you still enjoy, as I'm doing my best to get back into it and work towards solving the problems while still progressing the plot. :twilightsmile:

... Whelp, it's been one week since that evening where we settled down to have tea, and here is my advice to any who is willing to accept it from me: don’t drink alcohol, period. It… well, let’s just say that things happened and move on, mkay? Mkay. So, what happened was-

He and Crystal totally got drunk married, the traitor-who-shall-not-be-named cackled.

... Backstabber, you are dead to me. Leave, before I Sudoku you.

Don’t you mean Seppu-

I know what I said! And it wasn’t our fault! They knew we were drunk! We’re going to get revenge on that “Princess of Love” if it’s the last thing we do! Won’t give us an annulment… Bah! BAH I SAY!

… You don’t need to yell, you know. I’m right freaking here.

I told you to scat!

Da de dop ba du-

Growling, I hit the mute button in my head, silencing Brian. I swear, he’s more trouble than he’s worth… Anyway, I’m sure you’re all wondering about that… ‘marriage’ thing. Apparently, Princess Cadance is under the impression that if you’re willing to say yes while you’re drunk, then you’re willing to say yes eventually under normal circumstances.

tl;dr, she told them to deal with it.

... I thought I silenced you.

The pink one gave me my own mute button. She said she liked me.

“… It’s official. I’m going crazy, and I can’t slow it down.”

“What, you mean go more crazy? I doubt it. That would start to make you saner.”

Oh joy, my ‘wife’ is here. I rub my forehead, sighing, “Morning, Jessie. Don’t suppose they’ve decided what to do about it yet, have they?”

The Glaceon snorts. “As if they’d actually accomplish something worthwhile. Admit it, Glenn, they haven’t actually done anything this past week, despite what Mini-Zap told them, which- nono, don’t harness yourself yet,” she interrupts herself, stopping me from hooking up to the plow.

“Eh? You mean I’m getting a break from exercising?” I asked, perhaps a little bit too excitedly. The grin she gave me swiftly slaughtered my hope.

“Oh no, of course not!” she laughs at me. “Not when you’re actually starting to look even vaguely respectable as a Flareon. You’re starting to gain muscle, but you aren’t getting nearly enough cardio. Luckily, my plan will be giving you plenty of that,” she purrs.

I roll my eyes. “What, you’re going to have us go after that temple place all on our own?” I ask sarcastically.

She blinks. “... Yeah, actually. The berry plants have started producing berries, so I’ve been stockpiling them. Since they never spoiled in the games, I’m hoping that they’ll keep fairly well. If we take perishables to help us get through the first week, the berries should carry us through the second. So dense breads, cheeses and the like.”

“... And you think we can handle this… why precisely?” I ask, not computing.

“Tch… Let’s be real, Glenn, the ponies are just going to get in our way,” she snorts, her blade-like tail flicking. “It’s been a week, and they still haven’t done anything about what Daring told them. Time is running out, and if they’re not going to do anything about it, then that’s going to leave it to us. We might not be completely ready to actually fight in these bodies, but what other choice do we have? If we wait for whatever that insane cultist is going to do, it might already be too late. What if more Pokemon are summoned, and they start attacking? We’d be so busy defending that we wouldn’t be able to head out to attack it head-on!

“Daring has already agreed to come with me,” she continues, her face sombre. “So let me put it this way: either you can let the two of us go off on our own, or you can come along and try to help. I don’t particularly care which. If you come along, then we can have you carry more of the supplies, which would let Daring and I stay more mobile in case we needed to fight. If you don’t, then Daring is fairly confident that the two of us would be able to stay stealthy enough to slip by most threats. So… Thoughts?”

“What about Kaye?” I ask, blinking in surprise at myself that Kaye was my first protest.

Crystal closes her eyes, and her jaw clenches. “... I hate to leave her behind,” she says softly, “but she’s just a child. She needs to stay here, where it’s safe. I trust Luna to watch out for her, and she’ll have plenty of friends in those three fillies. I’ve already written a note that I’m going to leave for her, so that she won’t worry or be hurt too badly. But this… We have to go, Glenn.”

She swallows thickly, and I had to twist my ears to be able to hear her, even though there wasn’t anyone else around to overhear. “If we don’t, then things could get worse. Is it a panicky reaction? Perhaps, but we can’t just wait for it to come to us. If nothing else, we can at least scour the temple place, and see if there are any clues.”

I sigh, my head drooping. “... Alright, I’m in,” I mumble. “I’m probably insane, but… But I haven’t been working to get fit to just lay about, or do the same thing every single day. We’re stuck here, so we may as well make the most of it, and while it might get us killed, at least I’d be able to say that I was trying to do something with my life…

“Besides,” I continue with a slight smirk, “I can’t have my wife dying off before we can get an annul-”

Shing!

“Ha!” I crow. “Suck it! I dodged it! No more claw marks on this Flareon’s face!”

Crystal narrows her eyes before a wide grin splits on her face. A grin that was so remarkably shark-like that it would make even a dragon nervous. “Oh good, you finally learned the first lesson of fighting. Time to move on to step two, and considering we aren’t leaving until tomorrow morning, and you aren’t going to be pulling that plow around…”

I can only whimper before starting to run as fast as I could, preparing to throw attacks over my shoulder. This wasn’t going to be fun. Not one bit...

I continue to chew my Sitrus berry slowly, the sounds of my eating the only ones filling the living room of the tiny house that was given to Jessie and I as a “Wedding present” from Princess Troll. I bit back another whimper, hiding the wince as a swallow despite how much I hurt. I didn’t want to give Jessie the satisfaction of knowing just how badly I was hurting.

Said Glaceon was laying down, a blue Oran berry in paw as she watches me from the plush pillow she was curled upon. “Well, at the very least you’ve learned how to toughen up,” she says neutrally. “Daring and I shouldn’t have to worry too badly that you’ll die before we can help you if attacked.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” I reply, more out of habit than actual snark. I was far too exhausted for snark, especially when it only seemed to feed the ice-vixen.

“... You’re welcome,” she states simply, stuffing the rest of the berry into her muzzle. “I’m going to take a bath while you finish eating. You’re going to move so slowly you’d use up all of the hot water if you went first.”

“... You do realize that I breathe fire, right? I’m fairly certain that Princess Troll had the bathroom set up specifically to take advantage of that.”

Crystal frowns in the doorway, thinking. “... Yeah, with as thorough as she’s been with everything else, it wouldn’t surprise me,” she grumbles. “Well, come up whenever you’re done eating, I guess.”

I sigh mentally, stuff the rest of the berry in my muzzle, and roll off the couch to land on my paws. I consider it a testament to the training I’ve been forced to endure that I did not stagger as I landed. “May as well come now,” I say stiffly. “Soaking in the tub sounds amazing right now, even if the water is going to be practically boiling.”

“Fine. You get it started then. I’m going to make sure we’re packed for tomorrow. We’re leaving early, after all.”

I nod, squeezing past her as she slips to the side. “Alright. See you in a few minutes then.”

Now, I’m sure you’re wondering just how or why we can talk so casually about having a bath together. Well, when Jessie and I discovered just what sort of position that Discord and Cadance put us in, and learned that they refused to annul the marriage, we came to several simple agreements.

First of all, she gets the bed, and I get the couch. Despite how large and comfortable the bed was, we wanted to make sure that we sent the message to Cadance that we were not amused, and that we were not going to play her game.

Second, when it came to how we move around the house, and so forth, we fairly quickly agreed that I should go anywhere first. Not because I was tougher, or anything like that, no. It all came down to simple practicality: I had a large, fluffy tail. Jessie only had a thin, wide tail. Not… exactly the best at keeping assets protected, if you catch my drift. I’d like to think I would be able to resist looking, the easiest way to resist is to put yourself in such a position that you never have to be tested to begin with.

Thirdly and finally? Well… to be perfectly frank, we just don’t have the range of motion on our limbs that we had as humans. We needed each other in order to actually clean our backs, and considering how large and furry they were, it wasn’t exactly something that we could try to ignore, especially when every day was filled with sweat like it was.

I bathe the tub in my flames, despite how hot the water already was. It would help keep the water hotter for longer, and while I dislike heat, I won’t deny how good it feels for my muscles. I carefully slip into the tub, moaning in relief as I settle on the far side, resting my head on the edge of the tub facing the wall. While it didn’t really affect how little of Jessie I would be able to see, it was a matter of respect. As much as I hate how brash and aggressive she is, she hadn’t really done anything to earn my ire, so the least I could do was help show that I wasn’t trying to see what wasn’t mine to see.

I grunt as my eyes open, having been prodded roughly. “What.”

“As much as I just hate to interrupt your sleep, that’s what the bed is for. Bathes are for getting clean. So get clean and wash my back, and then you can sleep.”

The bed? What was… No, she must mean the couch. Right. Get clean, then relax. I nod, reaching to the small alcove in the wall that held the fur shampoo, putting a large dollop onto Jessie’s back before I started to rub it into her coat.

I really should consider going to the spa to get lessons from those twins, I muse to myself. With how this feels on my paw pads, I certainly wouldn’t mind learning how to do this for a job. Would certainly be a lot less work...

Really? Because it sounds to me like you just want to learn how to make her moan.

... Yup, you caught me Brian, I deadpan. I just want an excuse to feel up her body, and make her moan and write at my touch. You have seen through my oh so clever ploy. Bravo.

“Hey, Glenn?” Jessie asks quietly.

“Hmm? What is it?” I ask, admittedly distracted by my internal argument.

“... Thanks.”

I blink, confused. “... Beg pardon? Thanks for what?”

She had the audacity to giggle at me! “Not telling. But at least for tonight, you’re sleeping on the bed. I saw how poorly you’ve been sleeping on the couch, and after today’s training, we can’t afford for you to be tired when you wake up when we have a long way to travel.”

I open my mouth to argue, but pause when I realize that it would lead to an argument. An argument with a woman. “... You don’t have to worry about me. I can deal with it. I wouldn’t want to impose.”

Jessie scowls, her jaw bones a bit more visible as she bites for a moment. “... It isn’t an imposition if I offered, first of all. Second, I- I feel like I need to apologize.”

Wow… Leave it to Jessie to make an apology sound like torture. Still, she’s actually apologizing? That’s… now I’m curious as to what she wants to apologize for. “Really? If you say so… What for, if I could ask?”

“I… for….” She takes a deep breath before releasing it explosively. “... For having been treating you like you’re an asshole. You might be aggravating at times, but… Well, I can see that you try to control it, at least to a degree, and while you’ve had equal reason to complain about the situation, you haven’t blames me for it, or gotten upset at me for wanting to…”

“Protect yourself?” I ask, taking a guess at what she was trying to say.

“... Yeah, sure, let’s go with that,” she says as she starts to rub the shampoo into my back.

“Yeah, well,” I say quietly, feeling my face heat up a little, “I’m sorry for the times I’ve annoyed you purposefully. You’re not a horrible person who is trying to make my life hell, despite that being what it feels like at times. So… Yeah. Thanks for helping push me so much. I… I admit that I never really thought before that any diet or exercise plan would ever work, because I didn’t have a support system back home.”

We’re both silent for a moment as she finishes rubbing out the dirt from my coat. “... Yeah, well, someone had to whip you into shape.”

That’s odd… My vision shouldn’t be getting all blurry like this. I turn and hug Jessie tightly, making sure to keep my paws near her shoulders. “Thank you,” I say, absently confused as to how or why it was starting to rain inside.

While she doesn’t reply verbally reply, I can feel her hug me back, and that, silly enough or not, is what convinces me that we are honestly, truly friends.

Author's Note:

... Gonna admit, that isn't what I thought would happen, but what can I say? It's what flowed out, so that's where I'm going with it. Rushed or not, I'm just gonna run with it. Last time I let myself doubt the events, I didn't update for, like, over a year, so if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start working on the next chapter now.

The author is highly encouraged and motivated by comments. :fluttershysad:
(Especially regarding the romance(?) that might be growing between Glenn and Jessie. Should the ship set sail, or should it be gutted ruthlessly while still in the docks/harbor? Is it going to be confusing if I keep using their 'human' names, or should I go back to using Fluffy and Crystal? Opinions appreciated greatly. :duck: )

PreviousChapters Next