• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,614 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,614

PreviousChapters Next
Wherein Muscles Rebel

Attention stupid writing apparatus,

So we actually got stuff done today too, despite Glenn being nigh-incapacitated all day. Then again, I suppose the dork is lucky he’s a nerd, as his brain still works even when his muscles are recovering. Anyway, we-

Pain… I am getting so sick and tired of waking up to pain...

And I’m sick and tired of hearing you bitch about waking up to pain, but you don’t see me complaining, do you? No, you don’t, so shut up already!

Oh, that’s easy for you to say! You’re not the one that has to put up with this!

Brah, I have to put up with you. That deserves a reward in and of itself.

Note to self: when I’m in pain, Brian mega-evolves from bitch to mega whiny bitch. Good to know!

“Fl...y, w… cup!”

~Leave me alo-ho-hone~

“C’mon, wake up!”

I gave the most pitiful whimper I could manage, tears already forming in my eyes as I looked at my tormentor, the destroyer of peaceful dreams: Sweetie Belle.

“Come on, Miss Sonata is gonna be here in less than an hour, and we still have to get clean and eat breakfast!” she explained, tugging on my tail.

Strangely, that doesn't hurt nearly as much as you might think. It's akin to tugging on your hair, but it doesn't hurt as much, and it's like it's in the middle-bottom of your back. It's more weird-feeling than painful, but it was still enough to cause me to accidentally roll over onto the ground.

Ah yes, the ground. The ground is very polite, you know. Not many people take the time to appreciate the ground for being so steadfast. Sure, the ground might be a little... abusive, from time to time, but it's just trying to remind you how much you need it! You don't need all of that air between it and you. That's just getting in the way of personal time, and the ground doesn't like it when you take extended leaves of absence... The further away you get from it, the more it has to punish you when you return to its loving embrace.

Personally, I try to stay away from high places. Not because I dislike the view, but more because I'm afraid one of the ground's ex's will come along and stab me in the back, before shoving me off whatever I'm cheating on to return me to ground. Granted, I have yet to push the ground to its limits, where it wanted to kill me, or even seriously maim me for my transgressions, but today... Today I felt a taste of what it would be like if I ever cheated on the ground big time, and it was not pretty.

For those of you who are analogy-impaired, here's the low down from the ding-dong. (Hey, I'm no stranger to self-depreciation.) I fell a couple feet from Sweetie's bed to the floor, smashing a good dozen or so bruises in the process, as well as jostling all of my aching, leaden muscles quite harshly.

To put my feelings in but a single word: *whimper*

Fluffy! Oh no! Are you alright? S-sis, help! I think I killed Fluffy!

“Sweetie, I thought I told you to leave poor Fluffy alone!” I heard Rarity's voice coming from downstairs.

“I was just trying to get him to wake up for breakfast, that's all!” Sweetie protested from the top of the stairs, stomping a tiny hoof. D'aww, isn't she adorable? She thinks she's a grown horse! Silly Sweetie, you're supposed to learn how to abuse your cute before you become an adult. Then, right when you’ve got it figured out, you hit puberty and it doesn’t work anymore! Silly pony.

Moaning yet again, (yes, I know I'm a wimp. Go bitch about my bitching somewhere else, ktnxbai.) I slowly forced my body to at least get to a kneeling position. I was woken up quite thoroughly now, which meant I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep any time soon, so I might as well make my way to the bath. The hot water should help loosen up my torn muscles, at least enough to help me get down the stairs without just turning into a huma- err, Pokemon slinky.

Still, I hope you don't mind if I skip the bath and other boring parts. I mean, you don't need a detailed description of me taking a bath, do you?

I didn't think so.

Thankfully, Rarity was generous enough to make breakfast for us, allowing me to remain collapsed on a cushion. I hate exercising... I hate how your limbs feel like leaden jelly. I mean, it's a contradiction! It's really hard to move them, but when you do, they shake and struggle to support your weight! What kind of BS is that?!

Anyway, Rarity gave both myself and Sweetie Belle a fairly large helping of scrambled eggs, with cheese, onions, bell peppers...

Needless to say, I was a very, very happy Flareon. Add in two large glasses of some good, old fashioned apple juice, and I was almost dozing on my cushion again, too content to be ashamed about purring.

Oh, that’s right, I guess I forgot to mention that amidst all of the insanity that’s been going on the past few days. My old collar got burned, so I’m currently accessoryless at the moment, if that’s a word. If it’s not, I’m totally calling dibs on making it a word!

Anywho, I had explained to Wisp about how my fire worked, and it turns out that Rarity actually had some fire-resistant cloth! It’s very expensive, though, as it’s very difficult to obtain. Supposedly, it comes from some sort of worm that lives in the desert, and the silk it makes its cocoon from is highly flame retardant, to the point where you could burn the cloth to clean it of oil and dirt, to an extent. I was shocked when she offered to turn it into a cushion for me to lay on, but when she explained that I’d be able to heat it up without burning it, it was hard to argue.

Still, I plan on paying her back, somehow. These ponies have been beyond kind and generous, and I’m no moocher! I’d never be able to forgive myself if I didn’t do something for them in return. I just… haven’t figured out what I could possibly do for them. Doesn’t help that they have magic. Half of the technology I could share with them would be pointless, and a lot more would be dangerous if used wrongly, so… This is gonna take awhile...

Still, gotta stay focused! Still, there’s not much to do at the moment, so I guess I’ll just rela-

I winced as I heard a poor, innocent A-sharp get mauled horrendously. For the rest of you non-musical-obsessive types, that means that it was ever so slightly flat. I mean, I know I was sensitive to pitch when I was a human, but now it was like it was amplified even further! Damned dog ears!

“Fluffy? What’s wrong?” Sweetie Belle asked, the note having stopped a moment before.

It took me a moment to notice that both of my ears has gone horizontal, facing away from Sweetie Belle in an attempt to block the sound better. I glanced at the ground, before pointing to her, then the ground.

“I’m… dirt?”

I facepalmed, barely restraining a wince as my arms protested. Geeze, I know I’m weak, but that just takes the cake… Dammit Brian, stop teasing me!

... Bitch I like cake, and I’ll eat it wherever I damn well want to, thank you very much!

Bastard. I looked around for another example, before I gave up, trying to use my paws. I pointed to her, then made a line by pulling my two paws away from each other.

“I’m stretchy?”

“Wow, that’s something I wasn’t expecting to see.”

I blinked, then turned to the hallway, where Rarity was standing next to a gorgeous pegasus. If I were a pony, she is definitely the pony I would have a hard-core crush on. No, I am not ashamed to admit it, and you will never be able to embarrass me about it. Her coat was medium lilac, with a long, star-blue mane, and her mark thingy was two eighth-notes with stars as the bottom.

“So you finally caved and got Sweetie a pet?” the mare asked, looking to Rarity.

“Err, well, that is to say,” Rarity nickered, looking back and forth between us.

“Fluffy isn’t just a pet!” Sweetie Belle protested, squeaking adorably.

Seriously, she needs to stop doing that, or I’m going to go from being pre-diabetic and skip all the way to being type one diabetic, and I do not want to have to give myself shots in the stomach! I… don’t do well with needles… Gotta think of something else, or I’m going to lose my breakfast...

“He’s an alien from another world who can breathe fire and is really smart and is a super-warm pillow and my friend! He’s not some dumb dog, he’s Fluffy!”

Wow. I guess when you put it like that, I sound a little more awesome… A fire-breathing alien that’s a pillow? You don’t hear stuff like that every day!

“Then why can’t he talk?” she questioned, tilting her head to the side.

“Because Pokemon are stupid ass shit like that,” I replied, though the effect was ruined by a large yawn at the end.

The pegasus blinked, before backing away one hoof at a time. “Right, well, if you don’t mind, Rarity, I’ll just be waiting in the usual room for Sweetie’s lesson, alright?”

“Whatever you need, Star,” Rarity said, giving the pegasus a hug. “Thanks again for making the trip every week.”

“Yeah, it’s not like you’re paying me or anything,” the purple mare replied, rolling her eyes. The effect was ruined by her teeth, however, as she was grinning.

“Oh you-” Rarity huffed, swatting the other mare with a forehoof. “Sweetie will be over in just a minute once she’s finished eating and warmed up. You can ignore Fluffy, though. He won’t bother you, I’m sure. He’s too much of a gentlecolt for that, right?”

I nodded my head rapidly, crossing my heart with a claw. I wasn’t about to blow my first chance to listen to or communicate with a pony who specialised in music! That’s just… no! Just no!

“See? He shan’t bother you, Star. Now can I get you anything? Iced tea, perhaps?” Rarity started walking to the refrigerator, already charging her horn.

“No need,” the pretty pegasus answered, tittering. What? Don’t judge me! I'm a sucker for those shades of purple and blue, okay? She almost looks like one of my dragons, except that she has no black. Then again, I haven’t really seen a dark pony here at all, aside from Luna, so I shouldn’t be shocked.

“Alright, just checking. Sweetie, come on, hurry up,” Rarity said, nudging Sweetie Belle. “Don’t keep her waiting long.”

“Alright,” the filly grumbled, getting up. “I’ll be right there…”

For all of five seconds, I was grinning widely at the prospect of following Sweetie Belle for what appeared to be a music lesson. Can you guess what caused the grin to go away?

Seriously, :yay: you, exercise. :yay: you...

Author's Note:

So yeah, I'm going back to shorter chapters. I know this is gonna sound crazy, but after 1700 or 1800 words, my attention for a chapter just... plummets. If I keep the chapters shorter, they keep my attention better, and I should hopefully be able to update a lot more often.

Next chapter: Crystal and Blueblood come to visit! Yay!

(Cause I'm sure at least a COUPLE of you have been wondering what Blueblood's been up to so far, amirite?)

Due to confusion, Starlight Sonata is a cameo from another fic of mine that is in the process of being re-written because it seriously sucks as is. (Was my first fic.) Here's a few pictures of what she looks like, ending in Moonsong, my dragoness OC from which Star is based. First is what she looks like most for general look, but due to the style, provided the second for proper colors, and the third for mane-style.

PreviousChapters Next