• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 2,569 Views, 86 Comments

Power of Emotions - awdawfddsgse



Second person story featuring the unexpected powers that come to you after getting sucked into Equestria.

  • ...
4
 86
 2,569

Chapter 7

Authors note:I ended up having to make an edit to princess Celestia's letter a few hours after I released the chapter. If you read the chapter shortly after it came out, I had her say Mark was staying in room 202 on floor 3 of the Canterlot hotel. Enjoy!


You were waiting at the train station with Twilight, Spike, Rainbow dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity. It was still early in the morning, the sun had risen only about two hours ago. A shower had helped but you were still feeling very groggy. The day before had gone by rather slowly, with Twilight still bummed out about her brother. Spike had washed all your clothes, and you were now wearing the three days grace shirt you were wearing when you first arrived in Equestria.

"You may now board the eight o clock train to Canterlot!" Roared a voice over an intercom.

"Finally." Groaned Rainbow Dash.

You slung your backpack over your shoulder, picked up your guitar case, and followed your group onto the train. Everyone went to the train car in front of the caboose. There were plenty of booths, so you lied down on one, with your legs hanging off the end, into the isle. You put your stuff on the ground, between your booth and the one facing you. Twilight sat in the booth across from you and stared out the window while you closed your eyes and tried to get some rest. You awoke to the screeching of the trains breaks. You sat up and looked out the window. You were in an enormous city. There were all kinds of buildings scattered everywhere, all leading up to a gigantic castle. You grabbed your luggage and followed everyone out of the train. The first thing you noticed was the huge amount of guards surrounding the general area. Had they all been there because of you? A lot of them seemed to be eyeing you so it was defiantly a possibility.

"I need to talk to my brother! I'll catch up with everypony later!" Twilight said as she began trotting away towards the castle.

You looked towards the castle trying to place the hotel Princess Celestia had told you about. You quickly spotted a building in the distance, much taller than the houses, but still smaller than the castle.

"I'm gonna go settle in my suite at the hotel. Catch you guys later." You started walking in the same direction Twilight had gone.

"We're not guys!" You heard Rainbow Dash yell at you.

You turned around and walked backwards.

"Sorry, it's a habit!" You yelled back.

You spun back around and continued walking. Ponies would stare at you, and often snicker as you walked by, as they did in ponyville when you first arrived. Not too much walking later, you were approaching the front of what you thought was the hotel. You looked at the large sign hanging above the front door. "The Canterlot Hotel". Yes, It literally said "The Canterlot Hotel". Real creative. You walked through the glass double doors as a little bell rang. You immediately caught the attention of everyone in the lobby, which thankfully was only about four ponies including the employee at the main desk. The place had a red carpet, some sofa, and several doors branching off from the room. You walked over to the main desk, the worker still eyeing you.

"Hi, im M-"

"Mark the human, yes I know. Here is your room key." He interrupted you.

He was obviously expecting you. He pulled a key from under the desk with his mouth, and dropped it on the surface.

"It's room two hundred and two, on floor three. The stairs are right over there. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Canterlot hotel." He said while pointing a hoof at a nearby door.

He seemed to be in a hurry, or just a bad mood. You grabbed your key in your left hand. The other one was occupied by your guitar case. You walked over to the metal door, and opened it to reveal a seemingly normal gray staircase in a well lit, rather dull room. After proceeding up the stairs for a bit, you approached a door identical to the first, except this time with a large black number three on it. You went through this door that reveal, a long hallway, with a red carpet, white walls, and two lit candles on each side of every door. You strolled down the hallway looking for a room number two hundred two. The doors were all wooden, with a small golden plate on them telling the room number, and a brass door handle.

200, 201, 202. That was fast.

Your room was only the third on the floor. You stuck your key in the lock and opened the door to what was a strange design by your standards. The main room was a bed room with a kitchen connected from the left, and a bathroom to the right. You took your shoes off, and set your bags on the queen sized bed. You went into the kitchen and opened the pantry. You quickly spotted one of your favorite foods.

"Fuck yeah, didn't know they had pasta here." You said quietly.

You went through the process of the making the spaghetti and eating it. Afterwards you lied down on the bed. No more than seconds later, there was a knock at the door. You walked over and opened it to reveal the crazy party mare, Pinkie pie.

"Pinkie? How'd you know where I was?" You asked, confused since you had only told Twilight where you would be staying.

"Oh well when my left eye blinks point zero zero two one seconds faster than my right one, it means one of my friends is staying in room two hundred two of the Canterlot Hotel!" She responded in her usual upbeat voice.

"What? That didn't make any sense!"

"Whatever, that's not important right now! I need to ask you something!"

There was a long pause as you waited for her to ask her question. You spun your hand in circles a couple times before saying.

"Go on."

"Oh, right! I'm hosting the party part of the wedding, and was wondering if you could play your lute thingy for it!"

"Okay, first of all its called a guitar, and second, I don't think my music would be very fitting for a wedding. It's pretty much the exact opposite of formal."

"But the party part isn't supposed to be formal! Its supposed to be loud and fun!"

You briefly considered if you should play or not, and quickly came to the decision that you should as long as Pinkie Pie says its okay.

"Alright fine, ill give it a shot."

"Woo hoo!" She cheered as she stood up on her hind legs, getting eye level with your lower chest.

"Come on, we gotta go get everything ready! Princess Mi Amore Cadenze will be checking in on us later tonight." Pinkie Pie said while taking off down the hallway.

Princess Mi Amore Cadanze? What a mouthful.

You looked down the hall towards the door that Pinkie Pie was already opening.

"Wait up!" You called as you ran after her.


"Okay, we've been over the games, and the dances, now for the music! Take it away Mark!"

Pinkie Pie had just finished showing off the wedding dances and games to Princess Mi Amore Cadenze who didn't seem very pleased. You thought they were rather strange, childish even, but hey, you didn't know anything about Equestrian weddings, maybe it was all normal. At one point you heard her mumble "This party would be perfect, for a six year olds birthday party." The moment she had stepped in, you got a weird, uncomfortable feeling. Similar to when you had sensed danger, but at the same time different. Like it was wrong for you to feel something was wrong. It was very complex and hard for you to comprehend. Aside from that, you had been deciding a song to play. Now it was time to show off what you could do.

"Ah yes, human, lets see what your capable of." Said the alicorn Princess that now stood a few yards in front of you.

You pulled out your phone and searched threw your "jam alone" album until you found "The Good Life".

***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzRk5EIHAoI *****

You turned your amp up and began to play.

"The good life is what I need, too many people stepping over me! The only thing that's been on my mind, the one thing I need before I die! All I want, is a little of the good life! All I need, is to have a good time! The good life! All I want, is a-"

"Stop, stop, stop!" Shouted the princess you were playing to.

Confused, you turned your amp off which ceased the music entirely.

"I don't want that rambunctious trash played at my wedding!" She yelled at you.

You slumped and let your guitar hang from you by its strap. What a prick.

"I'll show myself out." She turned around and left the room, leaving you and Pinkie Pie alone in a large balloon and confetti filled room.

"Aw, that's too bad! Oh well, come on, were supposed to meet the others for drinks!" Said Pinkie Pie as she started trotting towards the door.

"This is news so me." You said.

"Well of course its news. Its news I was supposed to deliver, now come on!"\

"But I don't even have any bits."

"Don't you get paid for being a guard?"

"Yeah, but I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet. Wait how did you know about that? I thought Twilight was the only one who knew."

"She told us all at a picnic a couple days ago. She also told us about that new amulet of yours. Now shut up and take my bits!" Pinkie pulled a hoof full of bits out of seemingly nowhere, and held it out toward you.

"Wow, thanks Pinkie. I'll pay you back as soon as possible." You said as you took the several bits and put them in your pocket.

"You don't need to pay me back, now come on we're gonna be late!"

Pinkie Pie took off in a full sprint towards the door. It then occurred to you what she had said. Did Pinkie just say, shut up and take my bits? She did.

"Wait up!" You called out as you ran after her.


"Glad you could make it mark." Said Applejack as you sat down on a pillow between her and Pinkie Pie. You quickly noticed the absence of your love interest.

"Not like I had anything better to do. Wheres Twilight?" You asked.

"Running late I suppose." Said Rarity who was on the opposite side of the table from you.

A cold breeze made you realize how cold it was, luckily you had your sweatshirt in your backpack. You put it on as a unicorn waiter with a pencil and notepad showed up and started taking orders. You didn't pay much attention to what the others were getting, but soon the waiter was ready for your order.

"Alright I've only been here for like a week so bare with me. Does Equestria have a drinking age?" You asked.

"Um...a drinking age?" The waiter said rater snobbishly.

"Yeah, for like, alcohol."

"Alcohol?"

"Screw it just get me an apple juice."

He scribbled it down on his notepad.

"And you miss?"

"Oh, I want the cherry surprise! Because I love cherries, and I love surprises! Don't you love surprises? Because I just love sur-mm mmm hmm"

Rarity sealed Pinkie Pie's mouth shut with her magic.

"Yes dear i'm sure he loves surprises. Can we also get a grape juice for our tardy friend?" Asked Rarity still sealing Pinkie's mouth shut.

"Very well then, your drinks will be ready soon." Said the waited as he began trotting off towards the small building your table was near.

You thought Pinkie Pie had enough. You took off your necklace that had been mostly concealed by your shirt collar, and put it on her. The light blue aura around her mouth vanished.

"Looks like I just got..." Pinkie Pie pulled out a pair of black sunglasses from under the table and out them on. "...an-muted."

"Yeaaaaaaaaah." You yelled quietly.

Pinkie took off the amulet and put it on you.

"Thanks Mark!" She said as she returned the sunglasses under the table.

"Oooooooh, I get it. Its like a combination of "un", "am", and muted, because Mark's amulet unmuted you." Said Rainbow Dash at a slow pace.

Applejack sighed.

"Yes Rainbow, we understand wordplay. I jus' don' understand that whole sunglasses and "yeah" thing." She said.

"Yeah first the "shut up and take my bits", and now that CSI Miami bit. I'm starting to suspect you've been to my world Pinkie Pie." You said.

You squinted your eyes and pointed a finger at her.

"I'm watching you."

Everyone giggled. Just then the waiter came levitating a large plater with several drinks on it. He gave everyone their drinks right as Twilight showed up.

"Sorry I'm late everypony. Did I miss anything?" Asked Twilight.

"Just some confusion from Pinkie Pie and her new side kick Mark." Answered Rainbow Dash.

"O, a title." You said while straightening an unexistant tie.

You received a few more giggles from everyone.

"Um, Mark, whats alcohol? I mean, if you don't mind me asking." Said Fluttershy.

"It's a depressant that alters ones body and mind." You responded.

"Uhg, so your Twilight's side kick now? You're talking in egg head language!" Said Rainbow Dash.

"If Mark could just pick who's side kick he wants to be, that'd be great." Said Pinkie Pie

Again?

"Okay, okay, now onto current events. I bet I can guess what your all thinking. Cadence is the absolute worst bride to be ever." Said Twilight.

Your "yup" was barely heard over everyone elses "huh".

"Who me?" Spike said in a high pitched voice while holding a doll of the pony in question.

"Spike, that goes on the cake!" Said Applejack.

"Twilight, whatever do you mean? Cadence is an absolute gem." Said Rarity.

"Rarity, she was so demanding."

"Well of course she was. Why shouldn't she expect the very best on her wedding day."

"Applejack, did you know that after she told you she just love love loved your treats, she threw them in the trash."

"She was probably just trying to spare my feelings." Responded Applejack.

"Well she did the exact opposite with me and Pinkie. She said her party would be great for a six year old, and my music was rambunctious trash." You chipped in, taking Twilight's side in the argument.

"Thank you! I really need to talk to my brother after this." Said Twilight.

The next couple minutes went by in silence. You noticed everyone was almost finished with their drinks, and got an idea.

"Hey, you girls wanna pull a prank."

"Yes!" shouted Rainbow Dash as she leaned forward in her seat.

"Count me in!" Said Pinkie Pie.

There was some murmuring, but in the end everyone was on board. You slid your glass towards the middle of the table.

"Alright everyone pour the rest of their drink in here."

They all obliged and soon you had a glass that was three quarters full of brown liquid. You grabbed a stack of napkins that were in the middle of the glass table, and placed them over the glass. With one swift motion, you flipped the glass and set it down, then slowly pulled the napkins out from under the glass. You trap was set, now someone couldn't pick it up without the contents going everywhere.

"That's genius!" Rainbow Dash cried out as she burst into a fit of laughter.

Everyone started laughing.

"Alright come on, lets go before the waiter comes back!" You whispered loudly.

"See everypony tomorrow I guess." Said Twilight as the group began to separate.

"Bye." You said as you picked up your things, and started your way back to The Canterlot Hotel.


You had just arrived back in your room. You dropped your bags by the door and took off your shoes. Since you had nothing to do, you decided to turn in early. You undressed yourself, leaving your clothes on the floor, turned the light off, and hopped in bed. You got comfortable and cozy before saying aloud...

"Today was a good day."

Author's Note:

Did I spell Mi Amore Cadenze right? If not please correct me in the comments so I can change it. I hope I'm doing a good job mixing the story up a bit from the original episode. I've literally seen fan fics where they copy the shows dialogue word for word but change just one detail, like, oh I don't know, changing the gender of Twilight and change her name. I'm looking at you "The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine". Well actually I cant really judge it since i only read the first 3 chapters.


4/1/13:Okay, not everyone seems to understand that when Mark said "Cadense" insulted his music, he wasn't saying she cant have an opinion or she doesn't know good music. Applejack said "Cadense" was trying to spare her feelings when she threw her treats away. Mark was saying she was doing the opposite to him and Pinkie Pie by not trying to "spare their feelings".