• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 2,579 Views, 86 Comments

Power of Emotions - awdawfddsgse



Second person story featuring the unexpected powers that come to you after getting sucked into Equestria.

  • ...
4
 86
 2,579

Chapter 5

You awoke with Twilight still wrapped in your arms, sunlight shining through the window, the storm had been reduced to a light drizzle that was next to nothing. You were still fully dressed from last night. The events of last night flashed through your mind. You smiled to yourself. Damn, I really am in love with her. And judging from last night, I guess she likes me too. You thought to yourself. You looked at her and started petting her hair. Maybe you should wake her with a song, she seemed to really like them. All the ponies did. It was strange how much they all loved them, considering how happy and colorful Equestria was. Yet the music you played was usually either sad or angry. You gently eased Twilight off of you, onto the other side of the bed, being careful not to awaken her. You looked over at your guitar, which was still leaning against the bed from last night. You were about to grab it but stopped when you saw your hair was now a bright blond. You had discovered all the other powers fairly easily, but still didn't know what happiness/blond hair did. You looked back at your guitar after being lost in thought for the past minute. You were about to reach for it, when it was surrounded by a golden glow, and floated onto your lap. You looked over at Twilight who was still asleep, then around the room searching for the presence that levitated your guitar towards you. After being unsuccessful in finding one, you looked back at your guitar. You were about to reach your arms out and get it in the right position, but the same golden glow surrounded it, and put the guitar where you had imagined it. Am I doing this? You imagined your guitar floating up about a foot into the air, which it then did. You imagined it coming back down into your hands, which it once again did. Yup, this is mine. You set everything up and began thinking of a song to play. You selected "Its All In Your Hands jam alone" from your iPhone. It was something soft, the guitar in it was barely audible, and it would be nice to wake up too. You gave Twilight a nudge as you began.

*****(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBBrTaDY9g)*****

*Piano starts*

Twilight began to stir, and slowly opened her eyes.

"Reach for my hand. As you fall in the dark. Imprinted on me. You have left your mark. I wanna keep you safe, and run to where you are. Lost out in the sea, I will be your ark. I will be your ark."

Twilight smiled and leaned against you, her head on your shoulder.

"Take the sky, and take the land! Take the moon and the stars! Its all in your hands! All of my soul! It feels so empty, but this whole in my heart, feels so heavy."

You closed your eyes and continued to play.

"Its you that shines the light. And all of this time, you are always with me, you're everything that's right. I know when you're scared. You're fighting to be brave. I wish that you would see, its you I'm trying to save. Its you I'm trying to save. Take the sky, and take the land! Take the moon and the stars! Its all in your hands! All of my soul, it feels so empty. But this whole in my heart feels so heavyyyyyyyyyyy...heavyyyyyyyyyyy...heavyyyyyyyyyyy...heavyyyyyyyyyy...Take the sky, and take the land! Take the moon and the stars! Its all in your hands! All of my soul, feels so empty, but this whole in my heart, feels, this whole in my heart, feels, this whole in my heart, feels so heavy!"

*Song ends*

You heard the stomping of hooves. Your eyes shot open to reveal princess Celestia standing in the doorway, clapping her hooves against the ground. Twilight lunged off of you onto the floor. You and Twilight both blushed very hard. Princess Celestia giggled.

"I heard the music and let myself in." Said princess Celestia.

"Oh, um, of course. Did you need something?" Asked Twilight still blushing.

"Yes, I come because of a letter I received from one of my subjects here in Ponyville regarding Mark." Celestia responded as she made eye contact with you.

"And what exactly did this letter say?" You asked.

"Well its her claim of a new creature in Ponyville that can play amazing music, and take on six stallions while barely being touched." She said smirking.

"Oh, yeah, that. Well it wa-!"

"Don't be alarmed I know you were defending her. But I wanted to talk to you about who exactly you were fighting." Said princess Celestia.

"Yeah who were those guys? I thought Equestria was a happy joyful place where crime didn't exist." You said.

"Well I try and make everypony think that. About a month ago, a gang known as the Aifam originated in Canterlot. It was easy to keep them under control with the large amount of guards there, but recently they moved their operation here in Ponyville. But a felony hasn't been commuted here in over five years, so there is not a single guard in the entire town. Now this brings us to my next set of questions. First I would like to ask you if your willing to be a guard here in Ponyville. You would be payed of course."

"Sure, I'd be happy to be protecting peo-ponies. What are the hours and how much would I be payed?" You asked.

"Thats brings me to my next question. You would be payed twelve bits an hour, but how much sleep do humans need, and how long can they stay awake for?" She asked.

"I wanted to ask you the same thing, since you always wake up before me. The pony record is fifty two hours" Said Twilight.

"I'm no record holder, but I was awake for seventy two hours before I went to bed and woke up in Equestria."

They both appeared shocked to hear this. Twilight's mouth even hung open.

"And as for how much we sleep a night, an average adult usually sleeps for about seven to ten hours a night. However we can still function fine with as little as four or five hours a night."

Again they seemed shocked. You guessed ponies needed much more sleep then humans.

"Well then you wouldn't mind working evenings and nights on weekdays?" Asked Celestia.

"Nope not at all. Can I get some specific hours?"

"Three to eleven PM, with an hour break for dinner at six of course. Now I would like to give you this"

Of course? You had never heard of a dinner break. You hadn't even noticed Celestia had been wearing a necklace. She levitated it off her neck and on to yours. The chain was silver, with purple and pink gem on it, that looked nearly identical to the sign of karma.

"This amulet has been specially crafted for you using the magic of some very talented unicorns including me and Luna. It was very hard to do, but we believe it will make it easier to use your powers. For example, you don't need to go through such a pure state of bliss and adrenaline to be able to fly. It also makes you immune to unicorns casting spells directly on you. However they can still levitate items to throw at you, and cast projectile magic at you. However me and my sister can disenchant it at any time should you give us a reason to."

You wanted to try it out. Your happiness had been numbed down significantly since this conversation began, but your hair still had a subtle tint of gold in it. You looked over at your musical equipment. You imagined reaching your arms out to unplug the guitar from the amp, and put it in its case. The guitar obeyed your thoughts while being surrounded in a yellow aura, and put itself back in its case. Then you made the amp, plug, and your phone. do the same, and go in the backpack. All done with ease. You looked back to Celestia and Twilight.

"When did you learn to do that?" Asked Twilight.

"When you were asleep." You responded.

"I still have a few more questions to ask. How violent are humans? What is their method of attack? What weapons to they use?"

"Well in terms of weapons we have used many over time. What we use presently are hand held devices called guns that project small metal balls which we call bullets. These bullets go straight through any living thing known to man, destroying organs, killing in seconds if hit multiple times."

"But-but why would you ever need to kill anypony, or human?" Asked Twilight.

"Three reasons. If a criminal commits a crime with a gun, then police, which our my worlds equivalent of guards, would have to kill that criminal in case he tries to kill anyone. The next is war, enough said. Now the last purpose is...like I said and Twilight probably mentioned in a letter to you princess, humans are carnivores. Now our method of attack. When we don't have weapons, we punch, kick, and choke, along with using our environment to our advantage. Such as throwing sand in your opponents eyes."

"I'm not familiar with some of your terms. Could you demonstrate?" Asked the princess.

Princess Celestia used her magic to create a yellow, transparent, pony form between you two. You set down your guitar which was still on your lap, and walked to what was supposed to be the training dummy. You bent down and stuck your hand out to feel its head. It felt just like a pony, it was even warm. You looked up at princess Celestia. She nodded. You stood up and delivered swift punch to the top of the dummies head. Its bent down to the ground like a pony would. When it got back up you gave it a roundhouse kick. After that, you grabbed its neck and lifted it into the air with one arm. Its weight was similar to ponies you fought yesterday. You held it up for several seconds before dropping it and looking back to Celestia. The dummy disappeared and Celestia spoke.

"Very good. Now please, if you will, follow me."

You and Twilight followed Celestia down the stairs and to the door. She opened it and gestured for the two of you to walk through. You didn't feel right. There was danger near, coming from outside, to the left of the door. You could judge where it was coming from a little better then usual, which was undoubtedly from the assistance of your new amulet. You stopped, but Twilight walked to the door and took a step outside. As she was almost all the way outside, you ran up behind her, wrapped your arms around her neck and lunged back with her. As you fell backward, a bright figure flashed past the two of you, barely missing. You landed on your backs on the library floor.

"What was that!?" Cried Twilight as she got up.

Princess Celestia sighed.

"That was one of my guards. He was supposed to fly away with you. It was a test for Mark." Said princess Celestia.

"What were you trying to test?" You asked as you regained your footing.

"Well many things, two mainly though. If you would try to save Twilight, and how exactly you would chase them down if you did chase them. You saved Twilight all right, just not in the way I expected."

"Oh, sorry I guess." You said, unsure of what else you could say.

"Its alright, but I have to get to a brunch meeting. I only expected the chase to last a couple minutes anyway, looks like I'm a tiny bit ahead of schedule." Said Celestia as she walked out the door.

"Goodbye princess!" Said Twilight.

"See ya!" You said causally while giving a sort-of half wave.

"Have fun you two." Celestia said with a wink as she trotted off.

Twilight swiftly closed the door. Damn did she just create an awkward moment. You quickly tried to change the topic.

"So is there a way for me to tell the time other than the sun and moon?"

Twilight walking over to a trunk and started pulling random items out of it with her magic.

"Do humans have watches?" Asked Twilight as she levitated a wrist watch toward you.

"Eeyup." You said as you snatched the watch out of the air, and put it in your pocket.

"Ha, you sound like big mac."

"I sound like a burger that gives heart attacks?"

There was a long silence as Twilight gave you a look of pure confusion.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" You all of a sudden burst into laughter. You laughed at the stupidest things some times.

When you finished laughing, Twilight was still staring at you, looking even more confused.

"You know what, i just remembered i can use my phone instead."

"Whats a phone?"

"Come on ill show you." You said as you ascended the stairs.

You got to the bedroom and pulled your phone out of your bag. Twilight caught up and stood by your side. You bent down so she could see.

"Oh, that thing. I've seen you holding it before. What does it do?" She asked.

You pressed the circular button and slid to unlock.

"Well it does a lot of things and its very complicated."

You went to the settings, general, then time. It currently read 1:12 AM.

"What time is it?

Twilight looked away from you. You followed her gaze to see a wall clock.

"Eleven thirty nine AM."

You changed your phone to the correct time, you were about to lock it when a blue rectangle popped up with white text saying "20% battery remaining" You tapped dismiss.

"Hey Twi I need your help. This thing is powered by electricity that is stored in a battery, but its almost out. The electricity is supposed to go in here." You pointed to where the charger is supposed to go. "Think you can charge it?"

"Maybe."

Twilight took the phone in her magic and held it close to her horn. She looked up and to the left, as if she was relying only on her sense of touch. She did this for about a minute before levitating the phone back to you. You plucked it out of the air and pressed the main button again. In the upper right corner of the screen, you saw the battery shape was now completely white. You showed Twilight the screen and let her see the digital numbers.

"Good job, you did it. Now i have the time with me wherever I go."

You turned off you phone and put it in your pocket. You also took the watch out and put it on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Cool, I'm going to take a shower."

Twilight went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. You took a moment to look at all the clothes you had. Three t-shirts, two pairs of jeans, three pairs of boxers, five socks, a brown "hoodie", and your shoes. You only wore shorts when it was extremely hot out, and you didn't even think you owned a long sleeved shirt. When it was cold you could just wear a coat. You heard the shower turn on and undressed yourself. You changed your boxers, shirt, and socks, but you had to wear the same pants. The shirt you changed into was a cyan color, with black symbols, marks, and words covering most of it. It was pretty flashy, and you were a bored students best friend when you were wearing it. People would just stare at it, trying to find all of its "secrets".


The day had consisted of Twilight studying, and you desperately trying to find something to do until three. You had tried reading, but long reading seasons just weren't your thing. The time did eventually come for you to start paroling the town. You waved goodbye to Twilight and took your first few steps out the door.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long everyone. I went through writers block, procrastination, school work, and an addiction to battlefield 3, but I finally finished chapter 5. I know it ends kind of suddenly, but i just needed more time to think, and i already promised this chapter by today. Leave me comments or private messages giving me suggestions on what should happen next and all that, I'm REALLY going to need it. Also A like would be much appreciated if you enjoyed.

PS:I know the Aifam is a strange name for the gang, but look at how its spelled backwards ;)