• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,501 Views, 31 Comments

In Holy Maretrimony - AdrianJNovelle



Twilight learns the magic of marriage and motherhood when she falls in love and starts a family of her own in Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 31
 1,501

The Ceremony

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Prince Shining Armor, and Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle were all waiting for Twilight and her friends when they arrived. They each gave the mare of honor a hug, and four of them a kiss as well. She blushed with the overwhelming attention.

"I was expecting a crowd," Twilight said to the Princess a moment later.

The Princess closed her eyes in delight. "This is a more private ceremony," she said.

That was not an answer Twilight was expecting.

The Princess cleared her throat. "Mares and gentlecolts, ponies and stallions, it is with great honor and pleasure that I hereby declare Twilight Sparkle promoted to the next level of her training!"

Cheering. Pinkie Pie blast her party cannon, confetti flying everywhere.

Twilight's heart sank.

The Princess took a slight bow to Twilight. "I am very proud of you," she said. "None of my students have ever been as faithful as you, nor have they demonstrated enough skill in their education to reach the grounds you are about to put your hooves on, Twilight."

Twilight's worry grew greater as the Princess spoke. She almost visibly shook with anxiety. Finally, she asked: "Am I moving away from my friends?"

"Of course not," was the answer.

Twilight perked up.

"You may live wherever you feel most comfortable, Twilight."

"Wow, really?"

The Princess nodded. "You've exceeded the expectations in learning about the magic of friendship. Now it is time to take your studies a step further in - the magic of marriage!"

Twilight's eyes widened.

Everyone around her but the Princesses (Celestia and Luna) gasped.

"M-m-m-m-m-marriage!?" Twilight stuttered. "But I'm just a kid!"

The Princess closed her eyes in delight. "Twilight, you moved to Ponyville when you were sixteen."

"And that's still a child," she retorted.

"It was also three years ago," the Princess opened her eyes in a triumphant expression. "You're nineteen years old now. Sure, you're still youthful, but you're very mature for your age, Twilight. And you have demonstrated that you can handle the responsibility and demand of marriage and motherhood. I see it as a honest challenge for you, Twilight: something you can work hard for and grow into, but nothing that is completely out of your level of capability. You are a passionate, intelligent, and dedicated student. I would not be assigning you this if there was even a speck of doubt that you were incapable."

Twilight swallowed Princess Celestia's words. But she did not seem very resassured. She sighed.

"Who am I to marry?"

"Whomever you want," replied the Princess. "Part of all of your assignments is passion. If I were to arrange a marriage for you, you would not have passion for your marriage, and you'd call me out on it. Your journey so far has been a labor of love because of the passion that follows in your hoofsteps, Twilight. I wish for you to continue down that path. Marry whomever you want. Take your time. Make the right choice. I want this to be a positive experience for you."

All Twilight said was a gentle, "Okay," which was practically a whisper.

"Now," she - the Princess - continued. "I believe you and your family and friends have a party to attend in your honor."