• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 4,806 Views, 320 Comments

How the hell did this happen? Or should that now be hay? - Lucky424



Whilst on a special duty, a brony experiences a explosion that is not typical.....and sends him somewhere not possible.

  • ...
17
 320
 4,806

You locate a bug hole..............

Ugh, my head feels like it's about to fall off. At least these covers are soft. Interesting colours too, a mix of white and blue....oh you have got to be shitting me...... and yep, I'm naked. “Well good morning Captain. How are you feeling?”

I raised my head up, and got quite the shock. Lying on the couch in the room was Octavia. “So, Luna and Celestia huh? You little devil. Normally I'd be annoyed with you, but two princesses are better than one classical musician.”

“What?”

“Well, they are in your bed.”

“Nothing happened......I think. And why would you be annoyed with me?”

“You promised me a massage after the show using those hands of yours. Or did you forget?”

"I may have forgotten. Sorry about that."

"That's okay. You can do it now." Her expression suddenly shifted to one that had me very worried. “Well come on then, I understand that you don't have all day. Might as well get it out of the way.”

“.....fine.”


Luna awoke to find herself tangled in another's hooves, and the sound of a mare moaning caused her to open her eyes. When she saw who was in bed with her, she yelped and moved backwards, falling out and hitting the floor. “Good morning princess. Why don't you get in line for a massaaaaaaahhhh........”

Luna looked up at the sofa where Octavia was lying.....with Captain Fire Rain straddling her back, and running his hands over her muscles. Naked. “Morning ma'am.”

“Captain. Where are we?”

“It looks like.....my room when I stayed here.”

“And why are we in this room?”

“I was hoping you could tell me......”

“Ugh.....Luna will you keep it down.....”

“Looks like your sister is going to have to cut in line.”

“...............Or you could do us both together.”


“Good Morning Lieutenant!”

“What, are you the bucking weatherpony now?”

“Sir?” Jet Streak just looked at White Feather confused. He thought they were getting along after the past month and a half.

“Sorry Streak....I didn't get much sleep last night.”

“You're not the only one it seems. Some are still awake.”

“What do you mean?” Streak just grinned and turned around, heading towards the captains room. When they got there, Feather noticed all the male guards plus Big Mac and Shining Armour we listening in at the door. They motioned him to be quite and waved him over, and that's when he heard the moaning.

There was some muffled talk before they heard a female voice. “And why are we in this room?”

The next voice was that of the captain. “I was hoping you could tell me......”

“Ugh.....Luna will you keep it down.....”

“Looks like your sister is going to have to cut in line.”

“...............Or you could do us both together.” They couldn't believe what they were hearing, and they had to stop each other laughing by hold another's muzzle. Just as they had about calmed down, a purple blur walked passed the hallway, before returning and looking at the stallions.

“What the buck are you doing?” As she had asked this quite loudly, the moaning stopped and the door whipped open. The captain stood there with no clothes on, looking very unamused at the guards.

"Leave. Now." The stallions fell over themselves trying to get away. The captain caught Twilight's gaze and knew who she could see on the bed. Her just flashed her a creepy smile and closed the door slowly.

All Twilight could do is reiterate what Luna's 'alter ego' said to her when they first met. "You're kidding. You're kidding, right?"


“Lucky!!!!” I saw a orange blur flying through the air at me, and had just enough time to get some good footing before it slammed in to me. Even then, I was still almost knocked to the floor. Looking down, I saw a smiling orange filly looking up at me......whilst hovering in the air.

“Scootaloo? Are you......flying?”

“Yeah!!! Mum and dad have been teaching me, and now I can fly!!” I watched as she started to do some acrobatics through the air, as her parent landed next to me. They looked to their daughter and smiled warmly.

“It wouldn't have been possible without you, you know.” Turning my attention to Spitfire, I gave her a confused look.

“What do you mean?”

“If you hadn't have come here, then they would still be with those Diamond Dogs....any my little angel would be......the doctors said if you didn't arrive.....from the blood loss....”

“Spitfire. You are the ones that taught her to fly, not me. It couldn't have been possible without you.” Now, contrary to popular believe, her mane is not made of fire, as I found out from the crushing hug I was given a moment later.

“Ew, mum cut it out!! That's just gross!! So Lucky, are you going to be sticking around now?”

“Sorry Scoots, we're just passing through today. We got a job to do.....and it can't wait.”

“What's the job? Is it dangerous?”

“It's very dangerous. We're heading in to the badlands to deal with some very bad creatures. But we'll be back in no time, you just wait and see.” I was pulled aside by Rapidfire and led away from the others.

“What are you not telling her?” I could see in his face he all ready knew what I was going to say but he needed to hear me say it.

“We're going after the Changelings responsible for Manehatten.....and we may not be coming back. I'd go on my own, but they refused to let me. If we don't do this......then they may attack again, and they may not be stopped next time.”

“I see. When will you be leaving?”

“I've got two more fillies to see....and then we start off. We'll spend the night in Appleloosa, there's a rail line that heads south through the badlands. They always run it during the day, because the night ones were getting attacked. We'll get the early morning one, so that we can travel safely during the day. We'll rest at night.”


“Now, where is that little filly? I'm feeling quite hungry!!” I had spent the last ten minutes playing 'stop the nasty human from eating the filly'. Somewhere hidden in Carousel Boutique's workroom was Sweetie Belle, and every time I got close, Rarity would use her magic to move me to the other side of the room, facing the wall, giving Sweetie Belle a chance to hide. Knowing I couldn't spend too much time here, I feigned going right and dove to the left, catching something soft from under a pile of fabric.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!”

I lifted Sweetie Belle up by one of her rear legs and dangled her in front of me. “Well, you knew the rules, and I caught you. Means I get a decent meal before I leave!!”

“Leave? What do you mean, 'leave'.?” I set her down, and sat on a couch, patting the seat next to me. Instead Sweetie Belle jumped in to my lap.

“I've got an important mission to go on. I don't know how long it is going to take, but it needs to be done.”

“You're coming back though, right?” I glanced up at Rarity, who had turned away at this. “Lucky?”

“Yeah....I'm coming back. We all are. Can I speak to Rarity for a minute alone?”

“Er, sure.” She hoped down from my lap and scrambled upstairs.

“Rarity?” She turned to look at me, and I saw tears in her eyes.

“What if one of you doesn't come back? What if you all come back, but not a...as you are now?” I know who she's thinking of.

“Rarity, I give you my word that Nova will come back alive. I'll make sure of it.”

“I....I wasn't just concerned about Nova. I meant all of you.”

“They'll all come back. You'll see, give it a week and they'll be back.”

“And.....what of you?” Ah, there's the kicker.

“Can't have a Lucky's Seven without a Lucky, can you?”

“Just....be careful. You've become one of us, even if you still feel like you don't belong.”


“Ah don't care. You ain't going.”

“Applebloom, can you please untie me?” I was restrained against one of the support beams in the barn. All I had said to her was that we were heading south for a bit. Before I could react she had a bit of rope in her mouth and started to sprint around me and the pole.

“No, Ah ain't untyin' ya. You can jus' stay there until you say you ain't goin'.” The little filly just turned her back to me and sat down, starring out of the barn. I'm going to have to tell her why we need to go.

“Applebloom?” I saw her ears twitch and I carried on. “We're going to the Badlands, to stop the Changelings. You heard about Manehatten right?”

She turned around and I could see tear streaks down her face. “Yeah, Ah heard. Y'all went in there and saved it. But why you got to go find more o' those creepy bugs?”

“We're are going to find them. And then I'm going to do what I did to those Diamond Dogs.”

“But why?”

“Because the force that attacked Manehatten was tiny. Our intel, which is reliable, says that there could be millions of them in the Hive. When, not if, they attack again, we may not be able to stop them. That is why we have to do this.”

Slowly, she stood and started to undo the knots. After tugging at some of the ropes, I could move again. “Jus' make sure y'all come back ya hear! Ah'm gonna be mighty mad with you if you don't!”

“And upset one of my favourite fillies? Wouldn't dream of it.” I picked her up and gave her a hug before exiting the barn. Waiting outside were the Seven. “Are you guys ready?” Seven nods. “Then lets move.” Without another word, we headed to the station and boarded the train. Our destination...the Changeling Hive.


We had made good time. It took us almost two days to reach the hive, and we had arrived before the sun went down. Hastily digging a pit, we covered it over with a tarpaulin and cover it in what little vegetation was around. Feather had planned well, and the tarp was sandy coloured already, so we settled in for the night, the drone of the first Changeling patrols' wings actually quite peaceful. They wouldn't stay like that for long.

I was awoken by a hoof to my shoulder, and bright light hurting my vision. “Sir, it's dawn. The Changelings are returning to the hive.” Rolling over, I watched the last few black objects in the sky disappear.

“Nova, you sure that bomb of yours is big enough?” The unicorn scrutinised the structure in front of us.

“Yes sir. If we can get it below ground, that should keep the blast contained a little.” I looked to what amounted to be the main entrance and noticed the the path seemed to go under the structure.

“There that's our way in. Bolt, Streak, Starfyre, I don't know how much space we'll have, but we'll deal with that as the time comes. Hammer, is the bomb secure?”

He looked to his back and knocked it with his hoof. It didn't move. “Yes sir.”

“Okay, is everypony ready?”

They looked around at each other before Feather spoke up. “We're ready....to do what ever it takes.”

“Let's move.”


(A bit of music to set the scene.)

Making it in was easy. Just like Manehatten, the Changelings were asleep on the walls. We managed to get through to the central chamber, and it was huge. It made the Boeing Factory in Washington look like a corner shop, but most of it was down. Even with my low light filters, I don't think I could see half way. Spotting a throne in the centre, I though that was as good a place as any to drop our present. Working our way over, we put it behind the throne, and I set it to ready.

That's when it happened. A bright red flash streaked across my vision....and impacted a Changeling about to attack me. I looked to the squad and noticed the pegasi were ready to take of, Hammer tensing his legs, and the unicorns horns were glowing. Then I heard the droning. It was a thousand times louder than Manehatten, the sound echoing around the room. There was only one thing left to do.

“RUN!”

And we did, sprinting out of the chamber and firing behind us, whilst Hammer and the pegasi cleared the way. We managed to make it to an intersection, but weren't sure which way was the exit. I noticed that one the the paths had slight incline to it, meaning that it was more than likely the way out.

I was about to point the way when bolts of green magic hit me from the other tunnel. I looked at my chest, and saw that the protection runes had done their job, and we were all now covered in twice as many, just for this mission. I raised my rifle and returned the fire.

Then I heard Nova speak. “Sir, we have a problem.”


“Sir, we have a problem.”

“What is it Nova? I'm a little busy here!!!” The captain continued shooting down the tunnel, keeping the Changelings back.

“I can't feel the bomb, they must have a magic dampening field around the main chamber.”

“Does it have a manual trigger?”

“Yes sir.” They watched as he shot some of the Changeling structure, causing it to weaken and a large metal plate to fall, blocking off the adjoining tunnel and the perusing Changelings.

“Get out of here. I'll go hit the trigger and then run like a turkey at Thanksgiving.”

“You won't have long, it's a short timer!”

“It'll be fine.”

White Feather gripped the captains arm in his foreleg. “Sir, we can't let you do that!!”

“I am giving you an order, and you all have mares, and a stallion, to get back to. Now follow it!”

Feather looked at the captain and went to refuse, but couldn't find the strength to argue. “Yes.......sir. It's been an honour.”


I watched as they all saluted and then took off running. Turning back the other way, I started to sprint for the bomb......and the thousands of Changelings in the middle. I managed to get there with no trouble. The human with the gun turning and running back towards them must have made them scared. Approaching the bomb, I saw the switch, and went to arm it when it suddenly went quiet. Even the buzzing of the Changelings wings had stopped. And that's when I saw her.

Taller than any other Changeling, she just oozed confidence and the skill to back it up. No doubt this was the Queen of the Hive. Chrysalis. “So, the noble hunter comes back in to the den? What kind of fool are you?” As her horn glowed green, I saw the tunnels doing the same. Then with loud thuds they were closed over, blocking off any escape. “So, any last words before I have my subjects rip you to shreds.”

“Yeah.” She looked at me eagerly as I just took off my HUD and smiled. “You see a bug hole....” I pressed the button. “........you nuke it.”


The ponies had all reached the hill and had made it to where they had slept the night before. Turning around, White Feather kept his eyes on the entrance, looking for any sign of the captain. There was a bright flash, visible through small holes in the structure, and an overpowering pressure wave which sent them tumbling down the other side of the hill. They impacted rocks, trees, and anything else that wouldn't move for them. Finally coming to a rest, Feather gathered his strength and stood, glancing around the the squad. They were all sprawled on the ground with cuts and bruises, but breathing, so they were alive.


He could feel the call of unconsciousness calling him, but he pushed through it and made his way back up the hill, which was significantly shorter now. Cresting the apex, he had hoped to see any hint of the captain. What greeted him before his vision finally faded was a massive crater, and the sand all around it was cracked and blackened.