• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 4,821 Views, 320 Comments

How the hell did this happen? Or should that now be hay? - Lucky424



Whilst on a special duty, a brony experiences a explosion that is not typical.....and sends him somewhere not possible.

  • ...
17
 320
 4,821

Who'd thought it? Followed by curiosity almost killing the pony, and a range day.

I was about three quarters of the way through my meal when another entered the hall. “Sister, I think you should know that Disc.....is that.....bacon?”

“Try to stop me eating it and see what happens.”

“Actually, I was.....going to ask.....if I might have some?”

There were more gasps around the table, followed by more snickering from Celestia. I just stared on blankly whilst my brain stopped working. Brain needs to reboot. Error. Reboot.exe not found. I could just make out a rather disturbed voice which belonged to Rarity. “Princess, are you saying.....that you wish to.....eat....meat?”

“Before my.....unfortunate events, I was the ambassador to other kingdoms, some of them where they eat meat. It would have been considered rude of me to refuse, and I found some of it quite....refreshing to the taste. I have not had the opportunity to sample the latest treats from other lands, and I admit I miss some of them. Most of all, bacon.”

I scraped half of what was left on to a separate plate and slid it over to Luna. As she sat down, I gave a grin and locked her in a challenging gaze. All I heard from the head of the table was a quiet sigh and a whisper. “Oh dear, here we go.”

“Sister, a countdown if you would?”

“Very well, but do not give yourself indigestion....again. Three.” We carried on staring at each other.

“Two” We both leaned closer to our plates.

“One” I got my hands ready and Luna's horn started glowing.

“Go!” I started shovelling the bacon in as fast as possible, whilst Luna did the same opposite me. There we six outbursts of laughter and one scream as the white unicorn galloped out of them room. I had made good headway and thought I was winning till a voice spoke up on the other side of the table.

“Done!”

I couldn't believe it, beaten at a bacon eating contest by a horse!! Okay pony, but still. I wasn't about to let her have the last laugh though, and if a comment about the night sky can make her blush then........I'm probably going to be in dungeons for this one. “Wow, you must have a good gag reflex to swallow that fast.”

The result was instantaneous. Every set of cheeks present turned a delightful shade of pink, except for Pinkie's, which went yellow for some reason. Weird. “Okay, I'm just.....going to go for a walk now. Don't worry I'll stay within the castle grounds.” Grabbing a handful of bacon, I made my way out of the room and started wandering the halls.

I could hear steps behind me, but every time I turned around the halls were empty. Getting bored of this, I turned a corner and hid behind a plinth, seeing just what I expected to. The two guards from inside my hospital room trotted round and looked on blankly as to where I was. Standing up, I walked past them over to a window. “You know, if you going to have me followed, perhaps some pegasi might be best so I don't know you're there.”

Looking across the gardens, I spotted something purple with another purple being, although smaller. And in Twilights magic was a green and black object about eighty centimetres long. I watched as a smaller black object was levitated next to it, and she turned them both over before picking up another of the black objects and looking at the bottom of the larger thing.

“What is she.....FUCK!!!” Turning to the guards, I spoke quickly and urgently. “You two, teleport us to Twilight Sparkle now!!”

“Why should we d”

“Because she's either about to kill herself or another!”

'Flash'


“Okay Spike, we'll start with this one as it's the first one we saw.” Twilight began levitating the weapon in front of herself and turned it over giving it a good look. “It seems to be designed for creatures with claws of some sort, but the races we know of that have such appendages use spears and swords, much like our military. It has a fairly decent weight, meaning that it can't be carried for long periods of time.”

She then picked up an empty magazine and looked it as well. “This seems to fit in to the hole on the underside, but it seems to be empty, so I'm not sure how this works. However, this one seems to be full, and I shall pace it in the hole to see what happens.” As she said this, she grabbed another magazine with her magic and rotated them to face her.

She didn't notice the flash behind her.

She slid the magazine in to the weapon, hearing a satisfying click. “Well, it fits in there, but why isn't doing anything? And what’s rattling about?” Turning the rifle over, she spotted the thing sticking out of the side. Pulling it back revealed the gold objects inside, and she let it go forward again. Turning it so that the small hole was facing her, she used her magic to see in to the dark. “Okay, there's the pointy bit, but why won' it....”


“Okay, there's the pointy bit, but why won' it....”

She didn't have time to finish as I shoved her over and grabbed the weapon. “Never.....NEVER look down the barrel of a loaded gun!!!” I pulled the magazine out and slid the cocking handle back, watching the round eject. Leaving the bolt open, I placed the rifle down and turned back to Twilight.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to....I was.....just.....curious.” I could see she was on the verge of tears, and so I took a deep breath before continuing.

“You could have injured yourself or another. Or worse, killed.” At this she began to hyperventilate. I looked to the guards who just panicked, not knowing what to do. Remembering a scene from a fairly decent film, I sat down and pulled her back against my chest.

“You need to calm down. Feel for my heartbeat and listen to my breathing. Focus on slowing down. Take deep breaths. In through the nose and out through the mouth.”

As I held her I could feel the panic, but she gradually started to calm down. She was almost back to normal when we were separated by a spear hilt being thrust between us. I doubled over coughing as it caught the wound on my stomach.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING TO MY SISTER???”

I couldn't form a coherent response, but fortunately I didn't have to. “Captain, he....just saved your sisters life.”

“EXPLAIN!”

“She was fiddling round with his weapons, and he got here just before something bad happened.”

Armour turned back to me as I managed to regain my breathing and stand. “You remember what I did to those Dogs?” He nodded. “Your sister almost did that to herself or another. Then she began to hyperventilate, so I helped her to regain her normal breathing rate.”

As he seemed to calm down, the doors to the gardens burst open, and my breakfast companions rushed out, Luna leading the group. “CAPTAIN ARMOUR!!!! HOW DARE YOU TREAT ONE OF OUR GUESTS IN SUCH A WAY!!! AND AN INURED ONE AT THAT!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF??!!

He turned to me, and did something I was not expecting. He bowed. “I am sorry for causing you harm, please forgive this breech of protocol.”

I leant over and pulled him up, putting my hand on his shoulder. “There is nothing to forgive. We are both soldiers, trained to react without thinking. You did the right thing in caring for your sister, you just went about it the wrong way.” Suddenly I had two lavender legs wrapped around my shoulders.

“I'm sorry for touching your things, the curiosity in me was just too much to handle.” She got back down off me. “Now as we are all here, why don't we introduce ourselves. I'll start. My name is......”

“Twilight Sparkle, personal protégée to Princess Celestia, proprietor of Ponyville Library, and Bearer of the Element of Magic.” A stunned silence. Ahh screw it, might as well do the rest..

Turning round I started from left to right. “Applejack, strong and dependable farmer, works Sweet Apple Acres with her brother Big Macintosh, living with Granny Smith and Applebloom. Bearer of the Element of Honesty.”

“Rarity, owner of Carousel Boutique and celebrated dress maker. I assume it is you who I have to thank for these clothes. I have never seen such superior craftsmanship.” She started blushing at the compliment. “And Bearer of the Element of Generosity.”

“Rainbow Dash, self proclaimed fastest pegasus in Equestria. One of the best stunt fliers around. Bit of an egghead.”

“Hey!”

“Want another hoof massage?” Silence. “Bearer of the Element of Loyalty.”

“Fluttershy, a wonder with animals and one of the gentlest of souls you could ever meet.” And there she goes, hiding behind her mane just as expected. “Bearer of the Element of Kindness.”

Looking around, I found there was one missing. Princess Luna began to speak. “I have been told to inform you that Pink.....” I put my hand up to stop her and looked around the garden. Walking over to a well, I started turning the handle to pull the bucket up, and I was rewarded with a pink mare sitting in it.

She immediately jumped out and started to back away from me. “I'm.....I.....didn't......accident.....” By now she was against the wall, and as I leaned in close she closed her eyes and began shaking. “Please don't eat me......”

Deciding to have a bit of fun with her I started to sniff, and prodded her in the side. “Hmmm you'd be a bit chewy, but I can live with that. As for the smell.....well cotton candy is a bit too sweet for me.” Come on Discord, if I'm right and chaos is all around me, then you'll hear my thoughts. “I want a water bomb in my hand”. As soon as it went out, I felt something appear in my hand. I guess he heard me. “Open your eyes.”

As she did this, I brought my hand round and dumped it on her head, soaking her. She looked at me confused until I spoke. “Pinkamena Diane Pie, you only spooked me by being so close. I know it was an accident, so don't worry about it. Come now, a smile is much more befitting the Bearer of the Element of Laughter is it not? Oh, and thanks for the blueberry muffins.”

Ever found yourself flat on you back in a bear hug with candy floss in your mouth? No? Don't try it. “Pinkie....can't.....breathe....”

“Oh....sorry, he he.” With her climbing off me, I managed to sit up and look around. There were only two other ponies I had not spoken to yet. Turning around, I bowed as low as I could.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. Co-rulers of Equestria, raisers of the sun and moon. It is a honour to be in your presence, and I thank you for the help you have given me.”

Celestia leaned forward and put her head on my shoulder. “Rise, you are not one of our subjects, so you do not have to bow to us. Now, what is your name.” Simple enough. “And how do you know about us?” Fuck.

“My name is Alec Luckes, I am a human from a planet called Earth, millions of miles away I guess. As for knowing about you, well......on my world we have.....stories, myths if you will, of this place. Not many believe as there is no evidence, but I am firm believer that there is always some truth in where these stories come from. Your world is once such myth, although being here proves otherwise.”

The one I hoped would not pick up on the half truths spoke up. “Are we really all myths on your world? Imagine that girls, we are all legends!!” Thank fuck for that. Wait, did she just wink at me? Shit.


“Admiral, I'm concerned about this design. It looks familiar, but why would they make it look like that?”

“How do you mean it looks familiar?”

The newly appointed Group Captain pulled up a holographic keyboard and began typing in commands. A webpage with Google appeared. “It looks like a Prowler-class vessel from the Halo universe. Those things don't exist, so why does the Luna look like one?”

“Good question, and here's your answer. What's Alec's favourite game?”

“Well, it's Halo, we all know he's a geek when it comes to.....oh.”

“Yeah, I think the ideas came to them from his mind. He must've been bored. You know what he does then, runs through the levels in his mind thinking of other ways to complete them. It's the only explanation I can think of. Now come on, we need to get you all up to speed on how to operate the Luna, and she's due up in thirty.”

“Yes sir.”


After the introductions, Twilight had sheepishly asked me if I could teach her about my weapons. It turns out the guards had scoured the Everfree and Whitetail Woods looking for my hideout, and they found it, and brought all my stuff here. Celestia had allowed me the use of a uninhabited section of the garden for my lesson. After Armour had studied the effects and put up a shield to stop ricochets of course.

“Okay what we have hear are weapons called firearms, commonly called guns. There are many different classifications, and I only have three to show you. I'll start with the smallest.”

“This is called a pistol. It is semi automatic. When one round is fired, the gases and pressure force the slide back, ejecting the spent casing and preparing the next round. It then pushes it forward in to the chamber and gets it ready to fire again. Okay then Twilight, questions?”

“What's a casing and a slide?”

Taking the pistol apart, I led her through a basic weapon lesson, and then tested her on it. Picking up a piece of the weapon, I showed it to her and waited.

“Uh, firing pin!” Next piece.

“Recoil Spring” Next piece.

“Uh, I don't know that one.”

“This is known as the “body” or the “trigger mechanism housing”. Now time for a demonstration.” Putting it back together, I slid a full magazine in and showed her in slow motion how it picked up the next round and ejected the spent ones. I then stood up and walked in to the 'safe zone' and told her to watch carefully. I fired the whole clip against the sand bank that had been built up in front of me.

“Why does the slide not go forward when it's empty?”

Pulling out the magazine, I showed her the little catch on the side. “When it is empty, this little bit pushes the hold open lever up, so that it can signal you to reload. If you are going to reload, you just put a new clip in, and let the working parts go forward. It's like if there was more bullets in it, but in slow motion. If you aren't going to reload, you let the parts go forward and pull the trigger. This is known as 'easing springs', so that they don't give out under stress.”

“Okay, so that's a pistol. What's next?”

“We'll do the one you had a look at. This type is called a rifle. This particular one is a L85A2, or a SA-80. It's an A2 because it is a second generation of the weapon. The A1's were crap. Now, before I fire it, I'll take it apart and see if you can identify the parts.” Quickly disassembling the weapon, I laid it out in the blanket I was provided.

“Okay, I can see the recoil spring, the TMH, the barrel....and the firing pin. I don't know the others.” I then explained to her the other parts and she asked why they were so different. I reassembled the rifle as I replied.

“Easy, this is either a semi automatic, or fully automatic. Watch.” Chambering a round, I set it to 'repetition' and clicked the safety off. Firing a couple of shots, I turned back to Twilight. “See how I needed to pull the trigger each time?” She nodded. “Watch what happens in automatic.” I held it as tight as possible and squeezed the trigger, letting a burst of ten rounds out. This drew the attention of Shining Armour.

“You can fire it that quick?”

“Actually, this weapon has a fire rate of about four hundred rounds per minute. We have weapons that fire thousands of rounds a minute.”

“Why would you need such a thing?”

Sighing, I turned to face him. “My species is quite innovative. We have created some truly incredible things, but we are always thinking of new and improved ways to kill each other. It's just in our nature. The difference between some of us though, is that some use this ability how they see fit, and they don't care about the consequences. My nation is not one of these. We may have these capabilities, but we use them to defend ourselves, and others when the need arises. None of us likes killing, but if we must, then we do.”

I suddenly found myself wrapped in a massive dark blue wing. “It must be a horrible place, where you come from. I have seen wars and know what they can do to ones soul.”

“Don't get me wrong, most of us want peace, but there will always be those that disagree about something, and willing to use violence to get what they want. War is a horrible thing, but when you set it against the other things we have created, it is purely a blemish upon a beautiful thing. Now..” I said as I pulled away from her. “Time to finish the lesson.”

“Finish, but we've only just started!”

“I only have three types of weapon Twilight.”

“But you have five of them!”

“Yes and three of them are the same type, all rifles. Now on to the last type.” I picked up the sniper and began the lesson, stripping the rifle down and letting her name the parts. She got them all right until she asked about what I hoped she'd notice. “Where are the gas parts and recoil springs?”

“That's easy. There aren't any.”

“What?”

“This type is a bolt action. It means when I fire a round, I have to put a new one in manually. You can get semi automatic snipers.....but I wasn't really given a choice. Time for the demonstration. Hey Strike!” I had long since learned that my 'escorts' names were Lightning Strike and Nova Fusion, no points for guessing their talents! “I need double the sand.!” The unicorns horn glowed as he started to put more sand on the range. Turning back to Twilight I continued my lesson. “The reason it doesn't have any gas parts or recoil springs is because the full force of the gases is then used to propel the bullet." She gave me a confused look.

"This gives it extra power, as this weapon is designed to used at distance. Captain Armour, how far away was that building I was on?”

“About three quarters of a mile away.”

“You stopped five Diamond Dogs from that far away with out any other injuries?”

“There was another injury, Twilight.” I turned to look at Celestia. “And I'm surprised I'm not in the dungeons for it.”

“I understand why you did it, and I am grateful you made that choice. Please, continue your lesson.”

“Thank you, your majesty. Now watch as I use this one.” Going prone, I opened the bi-pod and looked down the scope. “Fusioin, build me some bricks up about three quarter of the way down.” A glow of a horn and I was looking at a half foot thick wall. Resting the butt against my shoulder, I switched the safety off and pulled the trigger. The bricks flew apart and the sand erupted, then we heard a scream.

Setting the safety to on and dropping the rifle, we all ran round to the other side. Lying on the ground was a white unicorn stallion who had a blonde mane, with a bit if clothing that looked like the lapels of a dinner jacket and a bow tie lying next to him. They were shredded and there was a hole in the wall behind him. He was very lucky not to have been killed. Giving him a once over, my eyes landed on his cutie mark. It was a four pointed gold star placed diagonally on top of a four pointed silver star. There was only one pony it could be. Prince Blueblood.


Aw shit.

Author's Note:

Okay guys, I need a bit of help. I'm no good at thinking of pony names, and this chapter was delayed until I could think of one for Nova Fusion. That took almost an hour. So here's the deal. If you can think of names for them, then please let me know. They can be oc's if you wish, but at the moment I am looking for names for the Guards and Castle staff. All I'm after is a name, a quick description, and what their cutie mark is. If you do have one you want to appear in the story, PM me or leave a comment on my page. If you do have a bit of a backstory for them, PM me and I'll try to work out away to fit them in to the story. And don't worry, you'll get to see Strike and Fusion's talent in action at some point. I have plans for those two.

Nothing else to say, so have American Pony.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f70cgcpbSZw]