• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 4,820 Views, 320 Comments

How the hell did this happen? Or should that now be hay? - Lucky424



Whilst on a special duty, a brony experiences a explosion that is not typical.....and sends him somewhere not possible.

  • ...
17
 320
 4,820

Arrival Alpha

Okay. Get a good grip. Slow your breathing....what else? Fuck, I wish I'd listened more to Cpl Johnny. Right, pull it tight against the should. Take two deep breaths and hold on the second. Steady your aim, and sight on centre mass. Gently squeeze the trigger....and release both it and your breath.

Time to check on the target. Wait, what? Their armour is bullet proof?? Fuck!!! Screw centre mass, the next one is going between his fucking eyes, here we go again, get a good grip.....

So I suppose your wondering where I am, who I am, and just what in the high hills of fuck, (or should I start using buck now)? I am doing? Well let me take you back to approximately two months ago....


Tool stores on a weekend? Fine by me, paid to play my Xbox for twelve hours. There I am about to assassinate a Promethean Knight when I hear someone talking to me. “Ah, Mr Luckes, there you are.”


Great, my flight sergeant. This should be fun!! “Afternoon Flight, having a good day?” Oh goody, he's been looking for me!! Well, it can't be anything bad, I didn't get that pissed and I passed my fitness test the next morning so...

“I've got some good news and some bad news. You can have the whole of February off. However, as you're one of the few CCS in date, I've put your name forward for guard. In February." Fuck. And before you ask, it's Common Core Skills.

“Okay Flight, when is my training?” I ask, not actually wanting to know.

“Eighth of January, and your guard starts on the first of February. I know you've all ready done it, but everyone else is a lazy fucker who isn't in date.” He doesn't sound too happy about that fact.

“No worries Flight, anything I need to know?” Don't know why I asking, as he probably knows less then me!!

“Only that you can have from the tenth of January to you first day on stag off, you've got thitry nine days of leave to use in three months!”

“Nice one, cheers Flight!” Fuck yes!! Three weeks sat at home blowing shit up. And occasionally walking the dogs!!


Turns out I was on standby for the first four days, and I had to be within two hours of camp. Which sucked, as it takes me around three to get home, and that's on a good day!! Anyway, there I was sat on my Xbox on day one when my phone goes off with a unknown number. Fuck, I hate those!

“Hello?”

“Hello, is that SAC Luckas?”

“No, this is SAC Luckes, just pronounce it without the “e””

“Okay, I was just ringing to find out if you know about the RLF on Sunday?” Don't ask. I may have gone to it, but I don't know what it stands for!!

“Uh, no, I haven't heard anything about it. Was I supposed to have?”

The guy on the other end just sighs heavily. I'm guess that's the current guard commander, having a very “fun” day. “Yeah, you were supposed to be told last week, but there's eight of you that don't know. One guy even has to come back from Ireland! Anyway, I need you to come in and pick up a briefing package for Sunday, are you nearby?”.

“I'm in my room on camp, I'll be there in ten." Why me??

The guy on the other end just says “Okay thanks mate”, and hangs up. Well, I suppose I should get dressed then, what time is it?.....Fuck, two pm?? Whatever. I leave my block and head to the guard room to pick up the details. I just gloss over the first two pages and come to the kit list.

“Erm, Sarge it says here I need armour and webbing,” I say to him. “Well, stores are shit and won't give it to me.”

He just looks at me as if I'm crazy and says “Don't worry the Scuppers will have some spare over on the site.”

“Okay, thanks for the info.” I say as I leave the hut. Right time for breakfast...or lunch. Or should I just go straight to dinner? I get the feeling that if my gut could talk it'd be saying “Whatever dude, just get me some fucking food”!! I stop off at the Naffi and grab some snacks, mainly the unhealthy kind. Once I get back to my room, I start reading the paperwork. Fairly standard stuff until I see a bit that doesn't register with my brain the first ten times I read it

“Personnel list at annex B must report to the Guard Room to collect their weapons
at o-five-fifteen, then proceed to the armoury to collect x4 magazines. Ammunition will be
issued by the RAF police at a later time”

o-five-fifteen?? On a fucking Sunday. You have got to be joking......


“Clock is ticking, Clock is ticking, Clock is ticking”

Ugh. Really, I had to choose that as my alarm. What time is it? Even I was quite surprised at how coherent I was, as I normally need to be awake for a couple hours for my brain to kick in. O-four hundred. I wish I liked tea or coffee, I could do with the caffeine. I dragged my lazy ass out of bed and proceeded to shit, shower and shave. Think I'll go in CS95's today, as it's quite windy. Let's see, CBRN suit and wet weather gear packed, respirator and haversack ready, munchies and drinks in the side pockets. Right off to the guard room!!

Two hours later and I've got four magazines and a hundred and twenty rounds. Time to bomb up. Just as I finish, the Warrant and the OC of this Op walk in to brief us on how things are going to go. Standard briefing. “This is why we are here, this is where we are operating from, this is who is in charge....” I was listening in, but one half of my brain, as it tends to do, had a nice catchy tune going round in it......

“Come everypony smile smile smile, fill my heart up with sunshine sunshine......and repeat.”

It was then I heard my name called out and get assigned to team two. Well, at least I was in the warm a bit longer, that wind was nasty. There were already two trucks unloading, but it wasn't the stuff we were waiting. That was turning up in a convoy apparently.

Watching out the window as the movers loaded up pallets with barrels that had lovely little hazard warnings on the side, we all sat there joking about what was inside it. I mean come on, what else could be in a big ass steel drum marked “Harmful to the environment” and “Radioactive”? Still, we were just waiting for a certain item to turn up, and we didn't even know what it was. Finally after around two and a half hours of waiting the convoy arrived. I'd never seen so many police vehicles in one go!!

Five bikes, two cars, a van and a big ass command truck. Then the vehicle we were waiting to stand out in the freezing wind around. Followed by another police van, two more cars and the camp off road ambulance thing. Hey, it had six wheels as big as me!! I don't what the damn thing is called!!

Anyways, once it was parked up, four of us made our way over and set up a perimeter. If you weren't all ready inside it, and you attempted to get in without checking to see if your name was on the list then, well, you'd be meeting Mr Five point Five Six. After we warned you anyway. Being civies, and getting paid by the hour they took ages unloading the truck. Once it was finally secured on to the Atlas low loader, we made our way over to the waiting aircraft. I took up a position near the ramp and watched them start loading it up. I had just turned away when I heard something hit concrete, and the booming voice of the Warrant shouting “Stand to!!” I was just about to put a round in the chamber when the was a bright flash and I felt a pressure wave wash over me and fling me through the air.


I hit a concrete wall, and my first thought was “Fuck, I've hit the Sanger!!” It wasn't till I put my hand out to get up when I noticed something. Something wrong, very, very wrong. The wall was straight. It should have been curved!!! Where the hell was I??

Wait a moment, why does this place look vaguely familiar? Okay, it's some kind of ruin. What the hell was in those barrels, or was it even from them? And why is is dark out? These were some of the questions that were floating around my head, and as the last thought came to me, I looked at my watch. Thirteen-twenty nine GMT, and it was still moving. Plus it's digital, so if the battery was dead, it wouldn't even be on!! Okay, so I hadn't been knocked out and taken somewhere else, but this definitely was NOT my base!!

That's when I decided that sitting on my arse wasn't going to accomplish anything, so I began to explore my surroundings. I was in what used to be a fairly large hall by the looks of it. It was then I noticed a raised dais at one end and went to have a look. At the top stood two thrones. Okay, so this place used to have royalty. But they don't look the correct size or shape for humans. Looking passed the thrones, I noticed a carving in the stone behind them.

In the centre were two circles, one made to look like the sun, the other the moon. Floating, I guess is the right word, around on the left was what appeared to be an engraving of a horse with wings and a horn, with another on the other side facing down and up respectively As I brushed the dust off, I got got a clearer picture of what was there. It was then I realised why I recognised it and where from. I couldn't wrap my head around it, and the first thought that came to me when my brain rebooted echoed around me......in the Ancient Castle Of The Royal Pony Sisters......

“Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me!!!!

Author's Note:

So yeah, my first fic. A big pile of crap right?

No go on, you can tell me you hate it and won't continue with it.
It's fine. I don't even know why I wrote this!