• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 4,808 Views, 154 Comments

Changing Colours - Darksonickiller



Rainbow Dash has been acting strange ever since the Royal Wedding.

  • ...
30
 154
 4,808

The Truth Comes Out

"Twilight! Twilight!"

"What?!"

"What in Equestria are you doing?"

"I'm...examining Rainbow's feathers."

"Why?"

"Why do you think?" Twilight said sarcastically. "You saw those feathers."

"So, wha do ya think?" Applejack asked.

"Well, from books I have just read, there are different types of pegasi."

"Is that even possible?"

"Yes. But most of those types are extinct."

"So?"

"There used to be a type of pegasi, whose feathers turned transparent when removed from wings or the pony is dead."

"And is Rainbow this type of pegasus?"

"The answer is-"

BANG!

"TWILIGHT!"

"Fluttershy? Pinkie?"

The two panting ponies burst through the library door, before collapsing to the ground.

"Rainbow is making a storm." Fluttershy huffed.

"What do you do mean?"

"Big clouds....extra electrical charge....extra rain...lots of wind..." Pinkie coughed.

"Well, wha do ya expect? She's been like this far ages." Applejack said as she closed the door.

"We know Applejack."

Flash of light, followed by a loud bang.

"But..."

"But what, Twilight?"

"No not again. This can not happen again!"

Twilight ran to door. "I've got to tell Celestia!"

BANG.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere." A soaking wet Rainbow whispered.

Twilight remembered this from the wedding. The three bridesmaids that Chrysalis had hypnotised in the caves.

"Rainbow! Wha are ya doing now?" Applejack stomped over.

A green glow blasted Applejack back into the glass cabinet containing the Elements.

"AJ!"

Shattered glass covered the floor. Along with specks of blood.

"Now, going to ruin our plan, are we?"

"Trying to kill us, are we?"

"Being cocky, are we?"

"Using the are we thing against us, are we?"

"SHUT UP! THAT IS IT! I DON'T CARE WHAT MOTHER SAID, YOU ANNOYING PONIES ARE BEING JERKS!" Rainbow got engulfed by green flames.

Twilight recognised these flames.

However she was really expecting to see Chrysalis.

A shorter and thinner looking Chrysalis, stood in front of Twilight.

"Err...Chrysalis?"

"No! I am Princess Crystal! Daughter of Queen Chrysalis!" She boomed.

"Daughter?"

"Indeed. Fortunately, I was at the palace when my mother attacked Canterlot. So I wasn't harmed."

"So, I guess it's revenge, then? It always is." Applejack croaked, as Fluttershy and Rarity helped her up.

"Yes."

"Where is the real Dashie, then? Huh?" Pinkie yelled.

A green glow surrounded the pink pony.

"Woah! Put me down you gaint bug!" Pinkie demanded.

"If you say so."

Pinkie got flung to the overside of the library.

Books and shelves fell on top of Pinkie.

"How could you? How dare you!!!" Fluttershy yelled.

"Hmm." Crystal's horn began to glow.

The butter yellow mare began to choke and gasp.

"Goodness gracious! You un-hoof her, you-you bitch!"

"Ooo! Getting naughty are we, Rarity?"

Rarity also began to choke.

"Stop. Stop!" Twilight yelled.

Crystal smirked before throwing the two gasping ponies.

"What is it now, Twilight Sparkle?" She hissed.

"Why be like your mother? Evil and heartless."

"NO! MY MOTHER IS NOT HEARTLESS! SHE RISKS EVERYTHING FOR ME!" The changeling princess boomed. "Now, it's time for me to make up for her hard work. Life is too short to be all goody goody."

"But sure you sure you want to hurt other ponies? You do have a choice." Fluttershy croaked, but still sounded soft and sweet.

"Of course I do! I've killed a pony. Well, nearly."


While Twilight was trying to talk to Princess Crystal, the others huddled around each other. By the broken case.

Applejack was covered with her own blood as the glass buried itself in her skin. Pinkie had a bloodied nose and had bruises across her head and back. Fluttershy and Rarity both tasted blood in their mouthes.

As Rarity shuffled around, she yelped as something sharp pricked her hoof. She looked around to see the Elements of Harmony on the floor.

"Twilight, dear."

"Yes Rarity?"

"Can the Elements of Harmony break?"

"What do you mean?"

Rarity moved aside, revealing one of the necklaces.

Rainbow's necklace.

The gold was now dented and slightly darkened. But the what scared them the most was the ruby lightning bolt gem in the middle.

Red shards surrounded the area of the necklace. Now there was just an empty are where the gem should be.

"How can that happen?"

"Ha! Like a smashed window! Where's your loyalty now?" Crystal laughed.

"Where is loyalty? Where is Rainbow Dash?" Twilight stamped her hoof as she demanded for a response.

"Thought you would never ask." She whistled. "Oh my spectrum coloured friend! Your friends want to see you."

In a blast of green light, Rainbow appeared infront of them.

But she was held down in heavy, rusty chains. Her mane was riddled with dirt and dried blood. Her usually vibrant cyan coat, was now dull and grubby. She was covered in bruises and cuts and dried blood. Her left eye was instead of rosey hue, scarlet red. Blood dripped from her mouth and snout. Her wings hung limply by her sides, bleeding heavily.

Rainbow looked over at her friends, and mouthed 'Help me'.

"Rainbow!" They gasped. They could see she was in pain.

"How could you do this?" Fluttershy asked.

"Like I said, I need to pay my mother back. And I chose one of the most loved ponies. It's amazing how many ponies depend and love her. Especially the Element of Honesty." Crystal giggled.

Applejack's cheeks burnt as she blushed furiously.

"Let Dashie go!" Pinkie yelled.

"Why? I am laughing at you, Laughter. Is loyaltly willing to be loyal? Again?"

"What do you mean?" Rarity asked easily.

"Yes, Rainbow Dash, what do you mean?"

"Pl...ease...it....hurts....so...much." She managed to croak.

"Crystal! What did you do to my best friend?"

"Oh, not what I did, but what the guards did?" A sly smile grew on the changeling.

"Dashie..." Pinkie whispered.

"Please Crystal. Let her go."

"Might as well, she's no use anymore. Well, to me that is."

In a split second, the chains disappeared.

Twilight used her magic to hold Rainbow before she fell to the ground.

"I better be off then, buuuutt..." Crystal's horn lit up and so did the Elements of Harmony.

"Hey!"

In a flash of light...they were gone. And so was Crystal.

"No! The Elements!" Twilight wailed.

"Twi! We'll get them later! We need ta help Rainbow." Applejack held onto the pegasus.

"Okay." She muttered. "Don't worry Rainbow, we'll get you to the hospital."

"This is all my fault. If I told the others that I thought Rainbow was kidnapped, this could have prevented. I'm so sorry Rainbow. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you were always there for me."

Rainbow closed her eyes as she felt cold and dizzy, but as Twilight leant over to help her, she whispered in her ear.
"It's o...ok-kay. It wasn't y-your fault."