• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 596 Views, 18 Comments

A Bullet For The Devil: Equestrian Damnation - Kickass222urmom



Follow Valentine Cox as he travels to Equestria and saves it from a demonic plague of horror and death. And possibly saves his world from the end of days as well.

  • ...
16
 18
 596

Chapter one

Chapter 1

The factory district, a demon breeding ground for all low and mid level demons, and the occasional high level demon.

This place is one of the lesser infested zones, but it’s still a very active area for demons and kings.

However, Valentine had only killed a handful of lesser demons on his way into the factory district. Usually, he would have killed at least fifty or so before even reaching the middle of the district.

Now that he thinks about it, there hasn’t been much demon activity in the city lately. Normally, this would be a good thing. But to a Revelations Agent, it cast an eerie shadow.

Valentine walked into the center of the factory district, an open area with warehouses and factories surrounding it. He held a 9mm in each hand, looking around for any sign of a demon or a demon portal. However, as far as he could tell, he was alone with nothing but the strong winds and the setting sun.

“Damn it,” he cursed as he turned in every direction. He hated getting jobs like this, they were usually very boring and would take all day or night to complete.

Off to the side, near an old warehouse, he heard the sound of metal hitting metal. He twirled to face the direction of the sound, and saw something standing in the fading light.

He squinted his eyes and could barely make out a humanoid form that looked to have wings and a tail. But before he could make out more of it, the form flapped its wings and shot towards him.

Seconds before the humanoid form hit him, he combat rolled to the side, unleashing a volley of blessed bullet into the form as it flew past him.

However, the bullets seemed to do nothing to the form other than push it to the side a bit.

The humanoid form came to a sudden stop and landed a few yards away from Valentine.

Valentine brought his two pistols to bear on the form and started to pull the trigger.

“You Revelations Agents, always resorting to your toys,” said the form in a bored, yet cocky voice.

Upon hearing the voice, Valentine began to sweat a bit, and began to pull the triggers on his weapons.

The form easily dodged each of his bullets and shot forward, slamming into him and sending him skidding across the ground.

As he slide backwards, Valentine brought up both pistols and empty the rest of the clips into the humanoid. The moment he fired his last bullet, he slammed into the side of a warehouse, breaking through the cheap and weak metal.

When he came to a stop, he quickly stood up, pressed the clip release buttons on the two 9mm’s, and let each clip fall into a pouch on his side that held all empty clips. He then stuck his hands holding the pistols into his long coat and slammed them into two fresh clips that were attached to the inside of the coat.

Once he was reloaded, he put away the two small caliber pistols and began to reach for the heavy magnum that was strapped to his leg, but decided it was too much for the occasion, and instead pulled out the two Desert Eagle’s that were attached to his belt.

The moment he pulled out the two hand cannons, the humanoid form burst into the warehouse, landing six yards away from Valentine.

“Seriously?” the demonic form asked as it strolled forward.

Without answering, Valentine began to pull the triggers on the two magnums, causing them to explode in an angry fury, sending bullets slamming into the form.

The humanoid jerked with each bullet and flew upward to escape the onslaught of blessed bullets.

Valentine trailed the demonic form with his magnums, hitting it each time and only missing a few times.

However, the moment both of his pistols clicked empty, the form twirled in the air and shot down towards him.

At the last second, Valentine dove to the side, letting the form slam into the ground where he once stood.

In under five seconds, Valentine released the clips into the drop pouch and reloaded the two pistols in the same fashion as the 9mm’s.

Instead of firing at the form with both pistols, he put them back in their holsters and pulled the Cross Blade off of his back, holding it in both hands.

The humanoid form stood up and looked at Valentine. After a few seconds, it spread its wings and began to flap them, starting to hover above the ground.

Valentine, although a bit frightened, forced a smirk. “What is it, Alva? Can’t handle me? A simple Agent?”

Alva, the domonic form, chuckled, “I have places to be, things to do. I don’t feel like healing from small wounds inflicted by a human.”

“Who said you’d recover?” Valentine said in a smug tone of voice.

Without replying, Alva flapped his wings and flew backwards through the hole that he had previously made upon entering the warehouse.

“Wait, get back here!” Valentine yelled, running through the hole he had made and ran after Alva, who was flying towards a larger warehouse.

Valentine quickly put the Cross Blade on his back and pulled out his two 9mm’s, all the while still sprinting towards the warehouse that Alva had just flew into.

The moment Valentine stepped into the warehouse, he could feel something was off. There was a slight heavy pressure in the air, which could have either meant there was a demon portal in the area, or there was a high level king demon in the area.

Luckily for Valentine, he saw what he was sent there to look for.

In the middle of the room was a large, purple ball of light. On the floor around the ball of light was a large circle with a six sided star in it.

“That was a little easier than expected,” Valentine commented as he looked at the demon portal. He began to reach up to his headset, but a thought hit him.

The Agency never gave him any high level missions, and since they did send him on this one, the least he could do was go through the portal, that way he could give a better detailed description of it.

So, ignoring what Cartman told him, he walked forward, heading for the large purple ball of demonic energy.

Then, doing something only a group of Paladin’s of Revelations were allowed to do, he stepped into the portal.

ooo000<^>000ooo

The moment he stepped out of the portal, Valentine found himself on a dirt road facing a forest.

Valentine looked at the forest and shook his head. The portal was just a normal portal, leading from one place to another.

He began to walk back through the portal, but the sound of an explosion followed by screaming caught his attention. He turned to the left and was greeted by an unexpected sight.

A large, colorful city with a castle, as in a literal castle, behind it.

Valentine raised an eyebrow, wondering if he was in England or someplace like that, but the sounds of more screaming, and the trails of smoke coming from the city, broke his train of thought.

He looked back at the portal and then back at the city. Protocol stated that an Agent was always suppose to report back to Revelations before taking on a large task.

So, not wanting to get demoted, or worst, he put his hand to his headset and turned it on.

“Kurt, I’ve found a city that seems to be full of people. What do you want me to do?”

He waited for a reply, but all he could hear was the sound of static.

“Well damn,” he cursed as he turned off the headset. Apparently, he was somehow out of range of the Revelations Agency. That’s never happened before, seeing as the range on the comm units have a fairly large radius of communication.

He considered going back through the demon portal and contacting Kurt there, but the continuous screams of people and the increasing smoke trails was getting to him.

After a second, he began to sprint forwards towards the city. Deciding to contact Kurt later.

The distance from the portal to the city wasn’t that much, but it still took Valentine three full minutes to reach it.

The moment he reached the outskirts of the city, he saw three low level demons, Pups, run out of a building on all fours, each one of them covered in blood.

Valentine, on instinct, raised his pistol’s and dropped each of the Pups with just two shots each.

He strolled past the building and saw a few dead animals on the ground. Horses and a few dogs. But no people.

To the right, a door burst open and a horse ran out. Valentine whipped his hands to the side and was about to shot the horse, as it could be a possesed animal, but the sounds of it screaming, followed by a mid level demon, a Stalker, running after it, forced Valentine to raise an eyebrow.

He shifted his weapons on the Stalker and pulled the trigger three times, forcing the Stalker to retreat down an alley way.

The horse it had been chasing continued to run, screaming the entire time.

“This is strange,” Valentine commented as he shot another Pup that was running towards him.

As he strolled deeper into the city, he saw more horses that were running around and screaming.

If he had seen this twelve years ago when everything was normal, he would have been freaking out at this point. But, after fighting demons for an entire decade, he was use to seeing strange and unexplainable things.

He put away his two 9mm’s, after emptying and reloading them, and pulled out the Cross Blade, deciding to save ammo.

The first demon foolish enough to attack him was a mid level demon, a Striller.

It swung it’s multiple bladed arm at Valentine, giving him barely enough time to raise his blade and block the attack. Valentine blocked a few more attacks before swing his sword, cutting through the blades of the demon and slicing its body in half.

As soon as he killed the Striller, the Stalker he had wounded pounced on him, trying to get to his neck.

Valentine struggled against the Stalker with one hand as he tried to pull it off his back. Finally, he was able to grab ahold of its head and throw it to the ground, followed by his blade as he impaled the small demon in the gut, or what would have been its gut.

He looked around and noticed that he wasn’t the only one fighting. Because in front of him was a group of armor clad horses trying to fight off two Pups. Sadly, their weapons were not crafted to fight demons and their swords and spears broke against the skin of the demons.

A demon can not be hurt with traditional methods, as in earthly methods. In order to actually hurt or kill a demon, the weapon being used must be blessed, made of holy material, or for the person to be a priest.

And since the horses weapons were just using plain swords and spears, they had no chance against the demons that were attacking them.

Valentine, sighing a bit, sprung forward and performed two quick slashes, easily killing the two pups.

The moment he killed them, one of the horses thrusted its spear at him. Valentine parried the spear and gave the horse a sharp glare.

“I’m trying to help you, dumbass!” he yelled as he twirled around in time to slash a Striller that had advanced on him.

“Help?” one of the horses asked in confusion.

“Yes, help!” Valentine snapped as he blocked the attack of a second Striller.

“... Why?” another asked.

Valentine cut through the Striller’s bladed arm and torso. “Are you seriously questioning my help?!” he yelled. “Do you want me to just leave you all to yourselves?”

“No!” they all yelled in almost complete unison.

“Then don’t attack or question me!” Valentine said as he nodded to each of them.

They all nodded back in response.

Before anything more could be said, the sounds of multiple yells of pain erupted behind Valentine. He spun around just in time to see a group of armored horses get blown back by an unseen foe.

Valentine raised his Cross Blade, expecting a mid level demon to emerge from behind the building.

However, instead of one of the more common demons, a high level demon, a Genero, walked out. Each of its arms alight with black demonic power, and black smoke rising from parts of its body.

“Just my fucking luck,” Valentine said as he lifted his blade and walked towards the Genero.

The Genero, not paying him much attention, shot out one its arms at a building, destroying it in a fury of black flames.

Valentine, upon reached the Genero, quickly swung his sword upward, cutting off one of the Genero’s arms. He then twisted the blade a bit and cut off one of its legs with ease. Lastly, he pulled out one of his 9mm’s and fired an entire clip into the back and head of the Genero.

After reloading and putting away his pistol, Valentine turned and began to walk away.

Behind him, as he expected, he heard the sickening sounds of the demon regenerating.

He waited a few seconds before turning around to face the Genero, now standing up and completely unhurt.

“I guess we’re doing this the old fashion way,” Valentine said as he pulled out a holy grenade and put it in his mouth, biting down on the small handle on the grenade, and pulled out one of his Desert Eagle’s.

He charged forward, his Cross Blade in one hand, the Desert Eagle in the other, and the holy grenade clenched between his teeth.

The Genero’s arm shot out, turning into a blade in mid air. Valentine, dodged to the right and brought up his magnum, firing two shots into the face of the Genero. He then used his blade to easily slice off most of the Genero’s arm before it could retract it.

With a roar of anger, the Genero slashed out with its other arm, barely missing Valentine.

Valentine, as the arm shot towards him, dove between the legs of the Genero, slicing its legs as he passed between them.

The demon let out a roar of rage as it fell to its knees.

Valentine rolled to his feet, firing four blessed bullets into the back of the Genero. He then quickly put away the pistol and ran forward, jumping onto the demons back.

The Genero stood back up as its wounds healed and began to try and rip Valentine off of its back.

With practiced ease, Valentine raised his Cross Blade and sliced off the head of the demon. He then quickly pulled the holy grenade out of his mouth and held down the two buttons on either side of it. With a flashing blue light, the grenade was active. He raised his hand into the air and slammed it down into the demons body.

He then leaned back and jumped off of the Genero’s body. He landed on his feet and stood up, watching as the Genero’s head regenerated.

As he watched, he heard the sound of a Pup charging him. Without looking, his hand wielding the Cross Blade shot out, cutting through the Pup’s face and most of its body.

The Genero turned towards him and roared in complete rage before charging towards him.

Valentine smirked.

Seconds before the Genero reached him, there was a flash from inside its body, followed by a blinding light to flash for two seconds.

As the light faded, Valentine was pleased to see that all that remained of the demon was a small pile of smoking ash’s.

Valentine put away his sword and drew his 9mm’s.

Suddenly, a powerful, female voice erupted out of nowhere.

“My little ponies! Run to the palace! There is a magical shield around it that will protect you! Please hurry!”

The voice sounded desperate, but also firm. Like someone who was worried about a loved one, but was doing their best to stay strong for that person.

Valentine looked around till he saw the castle, which was indeed surrounded by a golden shield. He didn’t know if it would actually hold demons at bay, but he did want to talk to the person, or whatever, in charge of the castle.

So, Valentine made his way to the shielded castle, killing and saving horses along the way.

Upon reaching the outer part of the shield, he stopped and looked at it. It looked solid, but he still didn’t know if it could hold back demons.

A roar behind him caused him to turn his head. Behind him was another Genero, this one looking a bit pissy, seeing as its partner had been killed.

Not feeling like fighting another Genero, and wanting to test the shield, Valentine stepped through the golden shield and watched as the Genero charged towards him.

Valentine stood his ground, but as it neared him, he began to sweat a bit.

When it was close to the shield, it picked up its speed, slamming into the shield. It’s entire upper body exploded in a shower of gore at the impact.

Valentine chuckled a bit as the Genero slowly regenerated and stood back up. It began to pound on the shield in ripe anger.

All around the shield, he could see all kinds of demons slamming into it, trying to break through.

After a few seconds, Valentine turned around casually strolled towards the gate of the castle.

ooo000<^>000ooo

All the horses in the castle seemed fine with Valentine, seeing as none of them had tried to kill him again.

He looked around the courtyard as he walked towards the main part of the castle. It was full of the injured and dying horses that had made it to the castle.

As he walked, a strange demonic looking horse ran towards him wearing dark colored armor. He started to pull out a pistol, but stopped as the horse started talking.

“Are you the one who was killing those things earlier?”

Valentine nodded and simply replied, “Yes.”

“Then come with me,” the demonic horse said as it turned and began to walk for the main part of the castle.

Having nothing else to do, Valentine followed him.

After entering the main part of the castle, the demonic horse led him down a couple hallways, and a few rooms, before they arrived in a very large room with a couple of strange looking horses at the end of it.

"I have brought the strange thing that you requested," the demonic horse said to the three strange horses.

"You may leave us now," the largest one said.

"Thank you, Princess," the demonic horse said as it backed out of the room.

"So, I take it as you're the one in charge?" Valentine asked as he eyed them down.

"Actually, it's all three of us," the dark colored one said.

"Well, I'm actually new, but I'm still in charge," said the purple one.

"Tell us," said the tall white one. "Who are you? And how do you kill those things so easily? As far as I can tell, our weapons do nothing to them, and neither does our magic."

"Well," Valentine began. "I'm Valentine Cox, but please just call me Val. And unless your weapons, or magic, are blessed or holy, you're not going to even hurt a demon."

"Explain, please," the tall one said as it cocked its head.

Valentine then explained how to kill a demon, and how to make weapons to do so.

"So, if we had our weapons blessed, we could fight them, correct?" the dark colored one asked.

Valentine nodded.

"So if you were to bless our weapons and magic, we could fight them?"

Valentine shook his head no. "No, I'm not able to actually bless weapons and stuff like that. I'm not a priest, or at least, not yet. That's the rank above mine. I have to have others do the blessing for me."

They looked a bit disappointed at this, but they didn't falter.

"So," the purple one started. "Can you help us?"

"I can," Valentine confirmed.

"Then," the tall one began to say. "I need you to go somewhere for me."

"And where is that?"

"I need you to go to the town of Ponyville and protect it. Those things are going to reach it very soon and I want to make sure they're safe."

"What about here?" Valentine asked.

"Don't worry, I'm holding the shield up at the moment. It's going to take a lot to bring it down, especially with all three of us here," the tall one said.

"Alright," Valentine said with a nod. "So, how do I get to this town?"

"We'll teleport you there," the purple one answered. "Normally, it would be impossible for just one pony to teleport something from here to Ponyville, but with three Alicorn's, it's a piece of cake."

"... Makes sense," Valentine said with a chuckle.

"You ready? Once we know it's safe there, we'll bring you back here," the tall one said.

"Yeah, I'm about as ready as I can be."

"Now steel yourself," the dark one said as it tilted its head at him, followed by the other two.

There was a small flash, followed by Valentine's skin tingling. A second later, he was standing on a grassy hill.

"... I wish the Agency had that, sure beats the hell out of walking," he commented as he turned around to see the town.

The sight that greeted him caused him to raise an eyebrow. "... Are you serious?"

Comments ( 16 )

Apparently, you're alive.

FIRST ....

Hes back

2142325
next step. get on skype more

2142325 Your back! Woo! we missed you man.:pinkiehappy:

Will read later, very sick right now :pinkiesick:

AND SO IT BEGINS AAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

interesting how a story of damned(dead) gets posted by the newly risen

Is this going to be a story that you actually finish?

Sorry had to say that. Anyways, nice to see that you're alive!

2142895
As long as people keep reading it, I will do my best XD

Horray! A Writer returns to writing written works! I hope future writing goes well for you dude:moustache:

2143323
Yeah, sorry about the description. I however did that on purpose, as there is more to the story that will not be revealed in this story.

And if you don't like Valentine right now, then let's just say you'll hate him by next chapter.

Also, this is sort of a crossover, but it's really not. This story is a fanfiction of my own story that I've been writing to turn into a book. As of now, it's fifty chapters in and still not finished.

Apparently this looks a lot like Devil May Cry.

We need to talk about how you make protagonists Austin.

2143659
I have yet to play that game XD I saw it at Gamestop, but bought NeverDead instead XD

2143737 Well believe me when I say the Devil May Cry series is absolutely epic! (Except for DMC 2. I don't know what to say about that one. :applejackunsure:)

Login or register to comment