• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 4,894 Views, 9 Comments

Midnight love - Speedy



Twilight has a dream about dating Luna which Luna shares the same feelings

  • ...
7
 9
 4,894

A lovely dream

Midnight love

Twilight Sparkle was staying at Canterlot castle by the request of princess Celestia because of a special occasion, princess Luna's birthday. After a full day of setting the party up it was almost time for the moon to raise when Twilight and her friends found their rooms, while her friends were getting ready for bed Twilight however was spending time with Celestia. Twilight missed her teacher and didn't want to waste any time they could spend together.

As Celestia was lowering the sun so the moon could rise she and Twilight were talking about Luna's party tomorrow, or tomorrow night if Luna wants it to be at night. "This is Luna's first birthday since she returned, so I want it to be her best birthday yet." Celestia told Twilight.

"I'm sure Luna will love it, you're working so hard." Twilight replied.

"I hope so, anyways it's getting late. If you want to be awake to attend her party you
should rest." Celestia kindly told her.

Twilight nodded, then with a hug she walked off. As she walked down the hallway towards her room she was thinking about Luna, she rarely gets to see her but when she does she really enjoys it, Luna was a very nice mare and she wished they could hang out more. Twilight soon stopped her thoughts though as she arrived to her room, the same room she and Spike stayed in when they lived here, Spike was already asleep by the time Twilight got into her bed. As she covered up she laid her head down and looked at the now raising moon, it was beautiful.

As she watched it raising the moonlight shined beautifully on her face, almost as if greeting her with a warmth smile. Twilight shook her head a bit at that thought, it was silly but it made her giggle still. After a couple minutes of watching the moon she decide it’s about time to fall asleep, she had quite the day ahead of her and she needed a full night’s rest. She stayed facing the moon as she closed her eyes, the moonlight was comforting and within seconds, Twilight was sound asleep.

Within seconds of falling asleep she started to dream, her dreams were usually filled with her friends and hanging out. But this time they were filled with her memories with Luna, sometimes a dream can replay past events, which is what this dream is doing. For the first parts anyways as after a few memories went by her dream started to take a more dream like route, she started to dream about hanging out with Luna. Talking, eating some apples, just spending time with each other.

A few minutes later they were walking down a forest path, looking at the scenery and wildlife. As they came to a pond that shined and sparked beautifully the two mares stood there looking at it, Luna spoke how beautiful it was and while Twilight agreed it was very pretty, it wasn’t the most beautiful thing she ever saw. With a slight smile and a blush she secretly turned her eyes to Luna, in the light they were in she looked way more beautiful. She went to give Luna a slight hug but as they were about to touch, something happen to make Twilight pull away. She looked around in a panic and saw purple smoke surrounding them. This smoke seems familiar, and what it reminded her of was the very reason it scared her. “Luna..? Do you see...” Twilight turned to face Luna and grabbed her mouth in shock, “L-Luna?!” Twilight asked in shock as the purple smoke was flowing around Luna.

After a few moments of silence she turned slowly towards Twilight with her eyes glowing pure white, and with sharp fangs jagging out of her upper jaw. She reached out but Twilight leaned away falling over onto her back, she crawled backwards as Luna started to hover in midair and right before Twilight’s eyes, transformed into Nightmare Moon in a bright flash. As she landed her hooves slammed into the ground with a loud thud, then she slowly started to walked towards Twilight.

She backed up some more frightened for her life, as Nightmare Moon open her wings up Twilight screamed as loud as she could and jumped to her hooves and bolted off right through the surrounding smoke. As she ran she followed the path she and Luna had took to get here and hoped she could outrun Nightmare Moon, but the sound of an evil laughter from behind her destroyed any thoughts of safety. The laughter grew louder and louder and she knew she was catching up, but she was too afraid to look back to see how far she was.

But hope returned to her as she could make out some light from ahead of her, she wasn’t sure but could tell it was the exit. She ran as fast as her hooves could go as the light grew closer, when the exit finally came into full view Twilight smiled in relief. But soon her smile turned into a deep frown as from out of nowhere Nightmare Moon flew into the exit blocking it off, quickly Twilight tried to do a one eighty and turn around but her hooves got tangled in the progress and she fell during the turn and fell down a hill that seemed to just appear out of nowhere.

She rolled down the hill into a clearing where she rammed into a lone tree, she twitched a little rubbing her back. Soon she quickly turned back to the forest and as if on timing Nightmare Moon followed by the purple smoke shot out of it taking in the moonlight, she flew down towards Twilight and landed a couple feet away from her. Twilight tried to back up but the tree she rammed into was blocking her path off, she was trapped.

“No...no somepony! Please help!!” She cried nearly in tears.

Nightmare Moon just laughed at her prey’s pleas, but soon the moon from behind her lit up brighter than before. She turned around to see the moon just as Twilight saw it, then out of nowhere Nightmare Moon lit up in a bright flash and suddenly she bursted into dust. The force by her exploding made Twilight cover her face up, seconds later the moonlight shined upon her and the purple smoke faded away, followed by a calm voice saying.

“A warm welcome to you, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight recognised this voice, she slowly removed her hooves from her eyes and there standing in the moonlight walking towards her was someone she was beyond happy to see again. “P-Princess Luna..?”

Without waiting for an answer Twilight jumped up and ran towards her giving the biggest hug she ever gave, Luna smiled giving Twilight the most comforting hug she could relieved she was OK.

“I’m so glad you're safe, that was a close call...” Luna was suddenly interrupted by Twilight pulling away from her.

“Wait how do I know you aren’t tricking me? And I saw you turn into Nightmare moon, how could there be two of you?” Twilight asked questioning herself if this was real, suddenly it hit her. She started to look around her surroundings, “Is this a dream..?” she asked.

Luna slowly nods, “Yes this is a dream.” she confirms.

“But it felt so...real?” Twilight asked reaching a hoof outward, suddenly it felt like she touched water and ripples spreaded out, at first it scared her but it also made her curious.

“Yes you are dreaming, but that nightmare won’t bother you any longer.” Luna replies with a smile.

“How did you know I was in trouble?” Twilight asked coming out of her curiosity.

Luna took a few breaths before asking, “As princess of the night it is my duty to come into your dreams.” she bites her lip a bit waiting for a reaction.

“I see, I assume you mean everypony and not just me. That must be so cool to enter drea...WAIT! H-How often do you...” Twilight suddenly blushed deep red, if Luna can enter dreams then that must mean she knows her secret feelings for her.

Luna started to blush a bit herself, but not as much as Twilight did. “Mostly when ponies are having nightmares.”

“Oh g-good...then that must mean not ever...”

“But I’ve visiting yours more often.” Luna blushed more.

Twilight gulped a bit more, her heart started to beat faster as she was getting very worried. “So...you saw me and yo...that ‘dream Luna’?” She asked, worried but also relieved to be letting her crush out, just thought it’ll be different than this.

“Twilight,” Luna started, with a gulp she said “I saw all of your dream Luna moments.” she smiled blushing.

“I’m so so sorry...” Twilight apologized, she started to feel a bit guilty. “I can’t explain why but...everything I think about you I...” Twilight was suddenly stopped as she saw Luna raising a hoof.

“I, been wanting to tell you the same thing.”

Twilight’s head shot backwards in shock, “Y-You do..?” she suddenly looked away a bit unable to stare at her until her emotions settle down.

“Yes, ever since you helped me at Nightmare Night I...couldn’t stop thinking about you, my very own dreams were possessed by you to the point I couldn’t think of nothing else.” Luna explained.

Twilight could related, her thoughts were all of Luna and nothing she could do could get rid of her, at least for long.

“Twilight, I am sorry I spy on your dreams but it was the closest I could get without risking my feelings, and it was against my code to show myself unless the dreamer needs me to fight back nightmares.” Luna explained, she tried to see Twilight’s face but she barely could.

“You felt the same way? Why didn’t you come to town then or write a letter?” Twilight asked, unsure of her emotions at the moment.

“I was afraid too...I thought maybe you felt differently in the real world, I didn’t want to get rejected by the mare I lo...” Before Luna could finish Twilight suddenly bolted towards her hugging her nearly in tears.

“How could I reject you?? You're the most wonderful mare I know...” Twilight started to cry.

Luna felt at tears herself, after seeing Twilight crying she went into tears herself and wrapped her hooves around Twilight. “I’m sorry I made you feel this way, you must feel so...”

“Happy, I’m crying tears of joy...joy that I know that you feel the same don’t you dare feel bad!” Twilight said through her tears.

Luna patted Twilight’s back, “Twilight, I could never feel bad. As long as you are with me I feel...” Before Luna could finish Twilight suddenly leans her head up and lock lips with her, at first it caught her off guard but she embraces it.

The two mares kissed for what felt like hours and neither one wanted it to end, but it did as Twilight leaned back just enough to stare into Luna’s eyes. “I love you, always have since we first met.” Twilight said, happy her feelings are finally being told.
“I love you too Twilight,” Luna smiled, she felt so wonderful on the inside and wasn’t sure what to make of it. But she liked it, as she knew Twilight was feeling the same thing. “I’ll always be with you Twilight, and we could date and do couple stuff whenever we want.”

“Hehehe we gotta date in the real world sometimes though.” Twilight giggled as Luna started to wipe her tears away.

“Of course, but...right now let’s keep this between us, until we’re ready to be open.” Luna told Twilight followed by kissing her nose.

Twilight giggled by having her nose kissed, with one more hug she said, “Of course! At least we have this world.” Twilight felt so wonderful, she hadn’t felt this happy since she realized friendship, but this was more special.

“Say, why don’t we do a ‘couple’ thing right now?” Twilight asked giving Luna a wink.

Luna wasn’t sure what she was talking of, but after Twilight tighten the hug and drew them closer, she blushed knowing. The two mares leaned towards each other and gave the other the biggest kiss they could give, after about a minute Luna leaned backwards until she was on her back, never breaking the kiss.

“I love you.” She whispered to Twilight.

The very next morning the sunlight shined into Twilight’s face waking her up, with a long yawn and after stretching her arms she stared out into the morning sky. She remembered her dream from last night and smiled at remembering it, but a thought came into her mind. She wondered if it was real and not another dream like any other, if it was she didn’t care she was happy she dreamt that. But her memories of it was short as a knock at her door was heard.

“Who is it?” She asked jumping out of bed.

“It’s Rainbow Dash, hurry up we got a few last minutes adjustments to make for Luna’s party!” Rainbow Dash explained.

With a slight giggle at her friend Twilight replied, “I’ll be along shortly.” Rainbow Dash OKed her and went about her way.

Twilight suddenly jumped back into her bed and stared at the ceiling, she was still feeling the effects of her dream and enjoyed every moment of it.

A couple hours later Twilight and the others had finished setting up the last bits of the party and was awaiting Luna’s arrival, everypony was hiding as they heard hoof steps approaching. Everypony giggled softly but all went silent as the door they were watching started to open, first Celestia walked in followed by Luna. As soon as she entered the lights shot on with everyone shouting, “SURPRISE!” but Pinkie Pie wanted too long and shouted surprise too late. “Aw shoot!” She said unhappy she missed her call, again but immediately got excited as she saw Luna’s face lighting up.

“Is all this for me? You guys shouldn’t have!” Luna smiled her face almost bursting in joy.

“It’s the least we could do sister.” Celestia kindly spoke.

“Ah Tia you’re the best.” Luna smiled giving Celestia a hug.

“Enough talking! Let’s party!!” Pinkie Pie yelled happy and as if reacting to her voice party balloons and confetti came falling down from the ceiling in a flashly manner, with everypony blowing on party horns.

Twilight watched as Celestia showed Luna to some wrapped presents and as her face lit up Twilight couldn’t help but smile happily, she watched as Luna grabbed the biggest one and sat it down, as she started to unwrap it she notices Twilight. With a smile she secretly winked at her, this made Twilight blushed slightly. But instead of being confused by her feelings she just secretly winked back smiling, even tho Luna would get a lot of gifts and have one of her best days in years, she knew the gift she’ll treasure most.

This made Twilight feel so warm inside, finally after so long of keeping it a secret, she has the special somepony of her dreams and plans on loving her for years to come.

Comments ( 8 )

2125356
Thank you. ^^; This was my first romance fic so might be a bit before I write another.

Good story I like it
P.s. maybe you can read my story my day in ponyville

Good story, but the grammar made me cringe. I would suggest an editor in order to help with this problem.

The concept that you have written is good, but you definitely need to work on grammar.

In the first part of the story you continuously switched between past and present tense

Just a small example:

Twilight nodded, then with a hug she walked off. As she walked down the hallway towards her room she was thinking about Luna, she rarely gets to see her but when she does she really enjoys it, Luna was a very nice mare and she wished they could hang out more.

In this you are in past tense with was then you switch to present tense with gets and back to past tense with was.

You should definitely keep writing though as you can only get better, also as The Writer of Fate said get an editor.

2127863
Um would you mind saying "why" that's a error and why I need to fix it? Seems just fine too me?

a sweet little story but I suggest you get a pre-reader.

2130479 This is a problem because, while it is grammatically correct, writing in this way can confuse the reader as to tense, it breaks up the flow, and lowers readability. Overall, this is something to avoid. My advice is, use thoughts as a conduit in that instance. Have Twilight think; "Luna really is a nice mare, we should hang out more" (Though I really can't see Twilight saying that exactly. She always struck me more as a person who "spends time with" her friends)
Besides that, this fic really could benefit from some drawing out. If you planned it a bit more, possibly added another, previous dream sequence, it would add a bit of context to the story, and we would appreciate it more.
I don't understand Luna's hesitation though. I mean, she's practically seen that Twilight likes her in her dreams, so why the fear of rejection? But eh. If it floats your boat.

Login or register to comment