• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 337 Views, 13 Comments

The Art of Magic II - Fire Spark



The Sequel to the grueling story known as The Art of Magic

  • ...
 13
 337

Chapter 3: Visitation Days

A few months later, Twilight was called into the Princesses’ chambers.

“Yes Princess Celestia?” Twilight had asked the Solar Princess.

“Hello Twilight, I’ve just called you here to ask you to check up on your Ponyville friends, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity. Please report to me on how they are.”

Twilight gave a simple nod before trotting off. She knew how Applejack and Fluttershy were, considering the fact that they can’t really be involved in any big activities, with their goody-four-hooves nature. The only ponies she worried about were Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, and Rarity.


A few hours later, she had arrived at Rainbow’s cloud house in Cloudsdale. She knocked on the door carefully.

“Rainbow Dash? Are you there? It’s me, Twilight.” She carefully stepped back, awaiting her rainbow-colored friend to open the door. Eventually there was an answer. Rainbow cracked the door very very slowly

“Twilight? What are you doing here?” She said in a quiet voice. Twilight replied in her normal tone,

“Princess Celestia wanted me to check up on you. May I come in?” She said as she stepped forward a little, tilting her head.

Rainbow stepped back, closing her door slightly. “I uh...I don’t think thats such a good idea Twi...” She said as if she was afraid. This confused Twilight, considering Rainbow never showed fear, let alone have very many fears. Twilight gave a small sigh before turning around

“I understand Rainbow, I’ll just tell the Princess you are fine.” She said before she re-entered her balloon, flying back down to Ponyville.


After she had landed she went to Sugar Cube Corner to check on Pinkie. She knocked on the door to the candy shop adored by many. Unknown that it was her old friend Twilight, Pinkie opened the door without hesitation. After she saw it was Twilight she got a huge smile on her face, hugging the lavender coated mare tightly.

“Twilight!! I haven't seen you in forever! Where have you been??” Pinkie asked in her usual, excited tone.

“I was in Canterlot,” Twilight replied, “Princess Celestia told me to check up on you guys, see if everything is okay.” Pinkie smiled before nodding.

“I’m just amazing! Mister and Misses Cake have been helping me work on a ton of new recipes for treats! Do you wanna come in and try one??”

Twilight shook her head, “No Pinkie, maybe later, I have to check on Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy.” She smiled before hugging Pinkie once more, “Goodbye Pinkie, hope to see you again soon!” Twilight said before she walked away from Sugar Cube Corner.


Eventually Twilight reached the cottage of the caring Fluttershy. Ever so carefully she knocked on the door, not hoping to spook the timid mare. Fluttershy was busy caring for her amazing collection of animals, as she heard the knock.

“Coming!” She said rather loud for her usual personality. Fluttershy carefully opened the door, smiling at her old friend. “Hi Twilight.” Fluttershy said in a calmed tone.

Twilight responded, “Hi Fluttershy, it has been quite long since we’ve seen each other, hasn’t it?” Fluttershy gave a nod of agreement.

“Yes, it has. Where have you been? I-I mean you don't have to tell me, i-if you don't want to that is.” She said in her usual, timid tone.

Twilight gave a little giggle before smiling. “I have been with Princess Celestia in Canterlot, she asked me to come check up on you and the others.” She said plainly.

“O-oh...” Fluttershy said quietly,“Well, um, I'm fine, Angel and all the other critters are just fine as well..." She said lightly.

"Well alright, it is good to hear that you and your animals are alright." She said, giving her a small hug.

Fluttershy hugged back with a smile. "See you around Twilight!" She called out to her as she left.


A few hours had passed, as the day nearly drew to a close. Twilight still had two mares to check on, so she was determined to get the job done before she laid to rest. Luckily for her, the farm mare known as Applejack was still busy at work, determined to get her farm chores done. Twilight didn't even have to set foot in the orchard before Applejack called out.

"Howdy Twilight!" Applejack said as she kicked an apple tree with tremendous force.

Twilight smiled to Applejack. "Oh, hello Applejack, I just came to check up on you, see how things were going. Princess Celestia-" She was interrupted by Applejack.

"Things are goin just dandy! Big Mac's been takin' care of the apple count, and we've had more apples bucked in the past week than all of last winter! Applebloom's startin' to get mighty strong, and who knows, she might get her Cutie Mark in Applebuckin'!" She said as quick as Pinkie Pie would usually talk.

"Well uh," The lavender Unicorn had to take a moment to process what just happened. "That, good to hear, I guess?"

"Though Ah do have just one question. How come y'all are askin' about this?" Applejack inquired.

"Huh? Oh, Princess Celestia asked for me to check up and you and the girls, and I'm just making sure to get this taken care of, you know?" She smiles.

"Oh, Ah see what y'all are gettin' at. You and yer studyin' with the Princess. Well, just know Ah'm as dandy as a Spring mornin'!" Applejack gave her proud-to-be-a-farm-mare smile.

"I can see that. Thank you for your time Applejack." Twilight said as she turned, and walked off.

"Yer more than welcome!!" Applejack yelled out to Twi.

Alright, four down...one to go. Twilight thought to herself. She was worried about Rarity the most because of her 'episodes' from time to time. It wasn't really much to worry about, considering Rarity was such a drama queen all the time. But she still had her doubts. The famous Carousel Boutique was still in full shape, but something seemed off. Twilight stepped on the doormat that Rarity kept so a certain farm pony wouldn't track mud in her house. Just before Twilight's hoof hit the door, a flash of light shined in her eyes

"Twilight, you have exceled in all of the examinations, I am proud to award you the title of Full Unicorn."

Twilight sat there for a moment, blinking. W-What in Equestria was that?? She thought. Oh well, no harm no foul.

Author's Note:

Sounds like a dang hospital all up in here.

Comments, they are wanted, and appreciated.