• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,139 Views, 30 Comments

The Gathering Strom Part III: Cyclone - WiskeyMikeOne



The highly anticipated third part of The Oncoming Storm sires of fan fiction created by WiskeyMikeOne

  • ...
3
 30
 1,139

Chapter Eight: Broken Pieces

Chapter Eight
Broken Pieces

The heart monitor that was connected to Twilight bleeped as she lay stunned on a bed in the high security medical ward.

“Is there anything that we can do to re-attach Twilights horn?” asked Fluttershy.

“I’m afraid not.” said Nurse Red Heart.

“Can’t we use glue?”

“Pinkie Pie, that’s horrid.” said Rarity.

“What?”

“Can’t Luna use her magic to help?” said Applejack.

“It’s worth a shot. I’ll ask her, but for the mean time we must keep Twilight stunned for who knows what affect it's had on her.” said Red Heart.

Red Heart left the ward; Twilight’s friends remained and crowed around her. I remained in the shadow of a cooling unit and out of sight. Each secure room was light up and decorate white, outside was in pitch darkness if not then then one way mirror would be useless plus I felt a little guilty. I had faced my daemons and had come out victorious but why did I feel so upset.

“Oh come now, you don’t feel sorry for Twilight do you?”

“Who’s there?”

Two big yellow eyes floated in the shadows behind me.

“Have you forgotten about me already Whirlwind?”

“Nightmare! Leave me alone.”

“I just came here to congratulate you on a job well done. Twilight is in your custody and you can now get on with using the Elements of Harmony to defeat Solar Falre once and for all.”

A walked closer to the eyes.

“Nineteen of my men lay stunned and I've broke Twilight's horn. I can hardly call that a job well done.”

“They knew the risks, plus you have faced your fear and you won. I can sense a large weight lifted from your shoulders.”

“You have no idea.”

“So was it all worth it?”

“In a way yes but...”

“Sacrifices have to be made and every one of your actions has a consequence whether it is good or bad.”

“And what consequence have you made that you have had to deal with?”

“Not I but somepony else.”

“Who?”

“Whirlwind who are you talking too?”

I turned to see Dashie floating were I was just previously standing.

“I wasn't talking to anypony.”

“It sounded like you were.”

“Well you must have been hearing things. How are your friends?”

“In shock but they’ll pull through, they always do.”

“Have you told them?”

“No and I don’t think telling them what happened will help, right now we should just let things be. Now what?”

“Luna needs to reverse the stun spell then we can use the Elements of Harmony to finally end this. I’ll go to her highness now and ask for her assistance.”

I walked out of the shadows and headed towards the ward door.

“Thanks Whirl I’m gonna remain here and…”

“Dashie I was gonna order you to stay here anyway. Not because I need you here it’s because they need you here.”

I gestured towards Dashie’s friends all crowded in Twilight room. When she turned to look at her friends I quietly left. I didn't need to persuade the Princess to wake up Twilight also on that night Luna and Trixie preformed the obedience reversal spell but Twilight was still out, maybe losing her horn had put her body into a state of shock, we had to wait until morning to find out it losing her horn did indeed have side effects.

In the morning Twilight did woke up and she wasn't as shocked about her horn as I thought she would be. All that mattered to her was seeing her friends again. I gave Dashie and her friends a few days to become reunited with each other and for Twilight to learn about what was going on. Best to hear it from her friends rather than me or anypony else.

*

The following week I called together a meeting with the Princess, Chiefs of Staff, Dashie and her friends to discuss our next move. I walked into the royal hall just on time; I wanted to meet the families of the fallen that morning.

“Ah Whirlwind come over here for a minute.” Rarity called out to me from across the hall.

I had to apologize to Intel and Molotov who I was having a conversation with. As I approached Rarity I could see a purple mane pony behind her, it was Twilight.

“Whirlwind I don’t think you have been formally introduced to Twilight Sparkle yet, have you?”

“No…I haven’t.”

“Well here is your opportunity. Twilight meet Sky Marshall Whirlwind commander of the New Luna Republic Air Force.”

“Actually I have met him before.”

“You have?” asked Rarity.

“Yes.”

I held my breath.

“At his and Rainbow’s graduation party in the Royal Guard.”

“Oh how silly of me, of course I was there. So you don’t remember seeing him after that?”

“No. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital with you Rarity and everypony else around me.”

“So have your friends told you about what has happened?” I asked her.

“They have…but I don’t what to believe it. How could Celestia do all that? The invasion of Russhire, the segregation, your banishment and what she did to Rainbow Dash.”

Twilights head hug low; it was a lot to take in and a lot to come to terms with.

“Luna believes Celestia has been corrupted. Like what happened with Luna and Nightmare Moon. The good Celestia is still here…hopefully.”

“Is there a way to change her back?” she asked.

“That’s what were hoping to find out today.”

Rarity hugged her friend but kept eye contact with me, she smirked.

“So you can’t remember who cut off your horn dear?”

I kept my cool on the outside but inside I was on fire. How dare see do that.

“No sorry, but it did brake Celestia hold on me and for that I’m thankful.”

“But magic is your life darling what ever shall you do now.”

“Oh don’t worry I've still got my books and you guys, besides it might grow back…”

“Well don’t worry dear I’ll find out who did this to you no matter what it takes.”

“Rarity can I have a word with you for a second.”

“Of course Whirlwind.”

I led her to outside of the throne room and dismissed the guards.

“How dare you.”

“What did I do something wrong?”

“You crossed the line.”

“I don’t know what line you’re talking about.” She was acting all smug which only pissed me off more.

“The – Don’t mention anything about Whirlwind’s history with Twilight- line.”

“She is my friend and she has a right to know.”

“That she almost killed me!”

“Oh please she just placed her hoof on your chest.”

I’m not proud of what I did next but I couldn't help myself, it was if another entity had taken over me and was controlling my actions. I shoved Rarity against the wall and pinned her down with my hoof pressing down on her throat.

“Now you know.”

I release her and I stormed back into the throne room.

“What was that about asked Bon Voyage?”

“Nothing” I replied.

Luna appeared on her throne with Trixie next to her. What followed for the next few hours was the usual crap that the politicians deal with but Luna listened to every word like she always did. Rarity kept giving me glances from across the table throughout the whole meeting.

“Thank you Mr Green Hoofs for the interesting report on grass length, now I believe the MoD has something that needs to be brought to our attention.”

“Yes we do your highness but I’m going to let Sky Marshall Whirlwind speak for us. Sky Marshall.”

“Thank you Intel.”

I stood up and the delegates started clapping, well almost all of them. When the clapping died down I spoke.

“Thank you. Mares and Gentlecolts it is now time to end this war before it escalates. Twilight, the reason why we rescued you was to complete the set. The Elements of Harmony are the only way to defeat Celestia aka Solar Flare and the empire without resorting to violence. Now that all six of you are all here we can complete this goal.”

“But aren't the elements of harmony still in that safe that only Princes Celestia can open in Canterlot castle.” said Applejack.

“Yes but I can teleport them here.” said Twilight.

“How?” asked Fluttershy.

“After the Changing attack on Canterlot during my brother’s wedding, Celestia and I agreed that I should keep them safe.”

“Were?” I asked.

“With me.”

I was confused and so was everypony else around the table. Twilight stood up from her seat, her broken horn fizzed and cracked with magical sparks, a white void appeared above our heads, through the bright light I could make out five necklaces and a crown. I smiled and looked at Rainbow Dash who was also in the same mood as me. The void closed and the elements fell onto the table. There was a large gasp from the six.

“What?” I asked.

“THERE STONE!” they all said in unison.

I looked down; the table had a large dent in it. Suddenly a white light engulfed them, then they transformed in to five stone balls with the cutie marks of five of the six on each of them. The crown was gone.

“What now?” asked Twilight.

“Isn’t it obvious…?” I said.

“No.” she replied.

I looked at the members of the MoD.

“Operation Infinity: The liberation of our homes.”

“Do you mean?”

“Yes Mayor I do. Total war.”