• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 8,272 Views, 117 Comments

Karmic Sailing - Obvious German



I've ended up in Equestria, as what seems to be the largest predator in existence. I blame karma!

  • ...
23
 117
 8,272

Chapter 4: Extremely Rude Awakening

I woke up with a cough, a deep cough that is. I flickered my eyes with the sun burning them. I sighed, as the heat began to seep into me thanks to my sail. I guess thermoregulation helps these dinosaurs pretty well. I was all fueled up from the sun’s ray after about ten minutes or so. I looked around, it was still the same as yesterday but the smell of blood had long disappeared and no longer heard the voices but instead I gazed on the town.

What did that yellow pegasus say again? A talking shark in Ponyville? Seems like a good start from what I had yesterday. I was now at my full height, and visible to anyone who lays their eyes on me. I wanted to guess my coloring now, and…. Bright red with white stripes. Grant, you better be sorry once I get back because of that fucking movie. How did I manage to stay undetected for that long in the forest with a skin color of red?

I just silently thanked Lady Luck and moved on slowly, trying to not startle the pegasus’s far away animals, animals…

I’m not that damn hungry! I cursed to myself, unaware of the same three fillies from yesterday. What were their names again? Appleblood? Sweet Bells? Scooter?

“Heya, mister Ethan!” said Apple….bloom, as they continued trotting to me.

“Hey guys,” I responded as I drew closer to Fluttershy’s cottage. I took notice of a small pond up there, that must be where I smelt blood!

“What’cha doin’ sneakin’ up to Fluttershy’s house? Her animals don’t like big things like ya,’ said Applebloom as the three of them hid under me.

“I know, I just wanted to know about that peculiar smell…” I reached the pond, and found something very interesting. Bits and pieces of koi were all over the blasted place, as if a chainsaw ripped through them. Suddenly, I heard fluttering and frightened squeaking as her animals once again sped out of the house. I grumbled, being a Spinosaurus and trying to act nice was a pain in the ass.

“This must be where RD was yesterday! Says she talked to a weird lookin’ shark with some sort of funny looking tongue,” said Scootaloo as I dipped my muzzle into the pond, scavenging for the dead fish. Funny looking shark? I know all about the reptiles of the past, but the marine animals? Only a handful.

“That’s… nice or something,” I zoomed out of the pond and splashed the three fillies with water.

“What in tarnations… this water tastes funny!” Applebloom gagged as the three spat out the water.

“That’s because there was blood in there, something had eaten the fishes the day before. But who cares?” I remarked as I backed away from the cottage slowly and onto the path, the three fillies following suit.

“We care, mister! We just drank blood!” said Sweetie Belle, that was her name, as she continued gagging. I couldn’t help but manage a throaty laugh.

“Try saying that to me in front of that hydra, kid,” I responded as I was once again on the road, busy remembering the glorious moment of ripping through the creature’s flesh.

“Umm… we usually try ta bring ya into town, but Ah don’t think that’ll work for a big guy like ya…” Applebloom said as they exchanged looks, my eyes locked onto them like Stingers on enemy jets.

“Say, why don’t we bring Twilight here? Maybe she’ll know what to do with you!” said Sweetie Belle, I didn’t know what to say after that. Who’s Twilight? Some sort of a Stephanie Meyer rip off?

“Who is that, if I may ask?” I said politely, my claws trying not to wound my neck as I scratched it.

“Oh, she’s a real smart person. She knows everything!” she piped up once more. Then I saw something coming up the path, something orange.

Oh shit, I gotta hide!

“Be right… back!” I said as I stomped away into the dense foliage once more to hide from the pony whose farmland was ruined by yours truly. I kept my ears peeled for anything she says to her younger sister. They just stood there and gave their best poker faces to the cowpony.

“What are ya’ll doing out here? Ya know there’s a big lizard thingy walkin’ around in the woods and here ya’ll are!” she yelled, obviously angry.

“Sorry, sis. We jus’ came out here to do somethin’…” For once, I felt sorry for Applebloom as her sister scolded her.

“Well, then too bad! Ya’ll better get back ta’ town before something bad happens to ya!” Hmm, let’s see whether she runs away when I reveal myself again.

“Like me coming out again, miss Applejack?” I said humbly as my form broke through the forest, startling the cowpony.

“Wha-wha-what…?” She stammered as her hooves trembled at the sight of my form. I prepared myself for the greatest thing I would’ve ever done in this world.

“Boo.”

She shrieked and galloped away as fast as she could, leaving the trio and me in hysterics.

“Did you see her face?” I said while laughing, I hadn’t done something this funny for a long time.

“Ah sure did! She’s reckons she’s a brave one but lookit that! She ran away… like a chicken!” Applebloom commented on her sister. I was beginning to lighten up quite well.
“And you guys call me a chicken!” said the tangerine pegasus as she rolled on the ground, tearing up.

We eventually stopped a minute later, but still we felt the need to laugh more. “Well, that was something pleasant for once!” I declared in my oh so great Spinosaurus voice.

“I agree with that, mister!” Sweetie Belle said once more as the three eventually decided to go back to Ponyville.

“You guys are gonna leave already?” I said, rather sad that my fun was over for now.

“Sorry, mister Ethan. We gotta go, what mah sister said was true. She’s already spread th’ word about you and how dangerous are ya and she’ll probably send th’ Royal Guards after ya,” she said, gaining my interest once again. Royal Guards? So that must be this world’s equivalent of the US Marine Corps, probably minus the guns and the vehicles.

“Figures, say kids?” they turned their head for one last time. “Before you go back home for today, didja hear anymore about a talkin’ shark, besides Scootaloo?” I asked. Sweetie Belle was scratching her chin with her hoof, pondering about what I said.

“I think I did, from my sister Rarity. Says that it was quite rude and stuff, kept on saying that word… what was it again? Ah hah! It kept on saying ‘FUCK’!” The last word made me very, very unhappy. That shark had taught a young filly how to swear!

“Oh no… It seems like my world’s vocabulary has been brought to this world. Make me a promise, kid?” she nodded. “Don’t say that word in front of your elders, it’s a bad thing to speak from where I came from.”

“You can have my word for it, mister!” I smiled, this was going better than I expected. “Goodbye sir! Have a fun day!” they all said cheerfully back to Ponyville, leaving me isolated again.

I sighed, being alone was now quite stressful. “Oh Kendra, if you could hear my odd as shit voice…” I mumbled as I walked back and forth, creating large footprints in the path. Just then, I heard the fluttering of wings. I looked back to find Fluttershy looking at me again.

“H-h-hi, mister Ethan…” she said nervously as I looked at her.

“Hey Flutters, what brings you out here? Your animals again?” I responded.

“Y-y-yes, they s-said you w-w-went to my cottage…” She said. “What did you do there?”

“About that…” I looked around, trying to find an excuse. “Um… I went fishing…?” She was staring into my soul, and I could see the fires burning in her gaze.

“B-but, they’re all dead!” I frowned.

“That was what I was wondering about, what ate them? Seemed like someone came over and sawed them to tiny bits.” I asked, curious about the pieces of koi in her pond.

“I-it was that shark… He ate them, Rainbow was watching him all that time. Poor Rainbow…” I grimaced, the fillies had a similar experience with the hydra and me.

“Well, you can’t live life without doing somethin’ pretty disgusting,” I replied as best as I could.

“But they didn’t deserve it!” she raised her voice.

“And so did I! I never deserved coming to this place!” I replied, suddenly angry. “All I ever wanted was to relax for the rest of yesterday but no! I had to tell a bitch and her son to fuck off and here I am! Stuck in a land of… FUCKING PONIES!” I roared with all my lungs. I was pretty sure that made my point, but also attracted a fair bit of attention.

“S-sorry, sir! I didn’t mean to make you a-angry… again.” She mumbled, on the verge of crying. I felt bad, like really bad.

“Oh no… I’m sorry too Flutters,” I apologized to her solemnly, hoping I didn’t hurt her feeling all too badly. “I can’t really control my anger surges that well…” I explained.

“It’s o-okay, sir. Do you want me t-to leave you a-alone now…?” I shook my head in dismay.

“No, don’t. I just don’t feel right alone for now,” I replied, my hidden side now responding to her instead of my unstable side.

“O-okay…” She took a seat next to my foot as I lowered myself down. I was hungry again and I had a feeling she heard my stomach rumble. “Oh no…”

“Don’t worry, I won’t eat you, although I have to find something else though…” I replied to my stomach as I grew warmer due to the sun being absorbed through my sail. Just then, I saw a blue blur, or just a blurry speck, soar through the sky.

“Fluttershy! We heard something really loud! What was that- the blue thing looked at me, and I looked back, very ticked off with that expression she was giving me. It was another pegasus, who had a very peculiar rainbow mane like the orb that brought me here. “Oh no, you ain’t eating my friend here!” She sped towards me, and I got up to face this hotheaded pegasus.

“Go ahead, try and hit me,” I taunted her as she was now eye to eye with me. She actually punched me in the snout, but that didn’t even hurt at all. What I responded was with the slow opening of my mouth, causing her to back away. Then a powerful snap followed, scaring her out of her wits.

“And that’s what happens if you try to attack me again,” I growled, the pegasus was now lowering herself next to Fluttershy who was standing a fair feet away from me.

“Rainbow! Why did you do that? Y-you might’ve died horribly!” Flutters said to this ‘Rainbow’

“He might’ve eaten you! I mean, look at the amount of teeth he has! It like that shark again except he’s standing in front of you!” she yelled back, causing my anger to flare up again. If I wanted to eat her, I would’ve done so already, you twit!

“If he did, why is he just standing there then? You should ought to apologize to him, he’s a really nice guy if you treat him properly…” she replied back, trying to defend me in light of my attempt to chomp her.

“Why should I? He’s evil! Dangerous!” That’s it, I’m fucking tired of that same and untrue word.

“IF I WAS DANGEROUS, YOU RAINBOW HEADED FUCKTARD, I WOULD’VE ALREADY EATEN THE BOTH OF YOU!” I roared once again, even louder than the last time. That worked, as Miss Defender backed down and curled up into a ball.

“Don’t eat me!” she said, clearly frightened at my outburst.

“Then just shut up about me being evil! I’m just a regular guy who happened to turn into a big fucking dinosaur!” I replied, still very ticked off at her earlier comment. I sensed other ponies coming over, not good. Not good at all.

“Rainbow?! What happened? We’re on the way!” said a voice below the path, I struggled to escape them as I lumbered away, my tail swishing back and forth. I then veered right into the foliage and instantly blended in with the trees before the eyes of the newcomers, a lavender unicorn mare and a white one accompanied by a bouncing pink pony and Applejack, could find me

Oh wow, I got so worried about nothing harmful at all! Just another bunch of ponies who think I am fucking evil! Hoo-fucking-rah! Now where’s my vodka?

“What happened sugarcube? Tha’ lizard attacked ya’ll?” I wanted to scream in agony, I am not fucking evil! Just misunderstood! But my hopes were instantly replenished when Fluttershy finally piped up.

“No! He didn’t! Rainbow just made him angry and that happened! I think it’s because you keep thinking he’s a dangerous creature of the forest but he’s not!”

“That’s because he is! You saw that talking shark and what it could do right, Rainbow?” the blue pegasus nodded, still curled up. My eyes were locked on to the six of them, one of which was swerving her head side to side as if to look for my well-camouflaged form.

“Then that… thing is just as dangerous as it!” the lavender one spoke again, I immediately assumed she was the leader of this group. I really wanted to break my cover, but then something warned me about that hyperactive pink pony…

“Where did it go?” Rainbow pointed towards where I vanished, and in an instant all of their eyes were locked onto my side. Uh oh, hopefully this disguise works!

“Oh boy! I bet it loves parties!” said the pink one, I was pretty sure at this point she only lived on a diet consisting of Red Bull and cocaine.

“And now that I think about it! It’s right over…!” Wait, she just… vanished into thin air! Where the hell did it go? I was now extremely worried, until I felt a slight weight on my neck.

“Here!” I roared in defiance, trying to shake the pink pony off.

“For the love of Mike! Get offa me!” I shrieked hideously as she held onto me like a cowboy and a bull in a rodeo. I started stampeding out of my cover, and into the open directly for the group of ponies. “I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE!” I said in my best Medic voice, hopefully the Heavy will show up and this will be all fixed.

But it didn’t, why?

“Everpony! Scatter!” The lavender one said, as they fled from my rampaging form. This lasted for an exhausting ten minutes, before I collapsed from exhaustion and my lack of food this morning.

I could only manage a lowly growl, as the pink pony jumped off me and stood in front of my snout. “Oh boy! That was fun! Can we do that again?!” she spoke to my immediate dismay.

“…No, leave me alone. All of you…” I gasped, extremely tired. The rest was now gathering in front of my snout, as well as some bystanders who was unfortunate enough to gaze upon my form.

Why did this happen to me all the time?