• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 2,586 Views, 82 Comments

Grey - TheNextGamer



A blind teenager gets transferred to another school, because of the bullies who make fun of him.

  • ...
15
 82
 2,586

Next Morning (AKA I have no idea where I'm going with this.)

What is this strange feeling of prodding on your arm? It's annoying as hell, and it's keeping you from sleeping.

What’s poking me… trying to sleep… You think to yourself.

Yes, I just said that for you. No need to repeat yourself.

"Hey, wake up." A voice comes from above you.

You move away from the annoyance, but it follows.

"Waaake uuuuup..."

The prodding continues, no matter how many times you move away from it. You continue to squirm away, until you fall face first onto the floor. It’s painful, but at least the poking stops.

Half a minute later, the prodding recommences. You groan inwardly, and you prepare to punch your assailant in the face.

"Wake up." The voice says again. You take a moment to think. Who is it? Oh. Kenny. Your brother stands above you, still prodding you steadily. Today is your first day at school, and you never were good at waking up early; Kenny must have been nice enough to get you up early, so you could get ready. How strange and different of him to do so.

You rise up from the floor, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. "…What time is it?" You mumble quietly.

"5:30. Now, are you gonna…" His words fade away. You froze upon hearing the answer, as a bubbling rage starts to build in your lower gut. 5:30. 5:30?!

"5:30?! You woke me up at 5:30 in the damn morning?! It’s not even daytime yet, by my standards…" You let out what could only be described as a growl, but your brother just stands there, apparently dumbfounded.

"Well... yeah." He replies calmly.

Your left eye would be twitching right now, but you don't have one. "What in Equestria would make you wake me up at THIS GODDESS FORSAKEN HOUR?! School doesn't start for four hours!" You breathe heavily, your rage dissipating.

"I got excited and couldn't sleep, and now I'm bored. Plus, I'm hungry, and I don't know how to cook." He says.

Ah, how characteristic of him. If he wasn't your brother, you would have shoved his head so far up his ass, the only way for him to take a crap was to open his mouth. Wait... does it work like that or... Nevermind. "Why don't you ask mom or dad?"

"Dad considers burning as a form of cooking. I won't wake mom up, because she might burn ME alive right there on the spot. So… you're the only other person I could think of that is awake, and knows how to make food. Can you make me something?"

"... Wait a minute, I wasn't even awake then. How was I the only OTHER person who was awake?"

"Well... you’re awake now, right?"

It has taken all of your willpower to NOT flip shit right now. But boy, do you want to.

"Ugh... alright, fine. But next time you wake me up early, I swear to Celestia that I won't be the only person blind in this family anymore."
------------Later-------------
After changing from your pajamas into your favorite set of clothes, you make some pancakes to satiate Kenny’s indescribably idiotic hunger. You carry to plates over to the kitchen table, passing it over to Kenny before digging in.

You may be blind, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to pour pre-made pancake batter onto a skillet, and serve the pancakes when they’re done.

"So... what the hell made you get up so early for… the first time in history?" You ask.

"Well, you know how this school mostly consists of girls?” Again, you groan inwardly. “I've been trying to find the perfect way to ask some girls out all night. Still having trouble, but I'll think of something eventually." You stare at him for a moment. He seems unnaturally energetic for someone who hasn’t slept.

".... I'm not even going to ask how you’re still wide awake, even though you stayed up the entire night." You shake your head.

"You know, I think I made a good impression on one of the girls. I may have a chance with that one pegasus girl." You facepalm.

"You mean that one girl that said 'fat chance', and proceeded to knee you in the balls when you didn't leave her alone?" You asked, remembering. It was hilarious, though slightly painful to witness.

"She said I had chance! It was a fat one!"

You suppressed the sudden urge to tell him to suck a fat one. It would have been humorous, but the current state of things, you’re pretty sure joking with him would just encourage him.

"Yeah... you keep thinking that, Casanova." You say in a deadpanned manner.

You both eat the rest of your breakfast in silence, and you use the moment to think about this town, about… Ponyville, and what you feel about it.

It's different than Trottingham... that much is obvious. The folks around here seem to be friendly enough, when they weren't staring at you like you had two heads, although you can't blame them. You already made two friends on the first day here; Applejack, who gave you some tasty apples for free, and Pinkie, who threw your family a surprise welcome party. While its purpose was to allow you to make some new friends, you weren't really socializing. You were just standing idly by the snack table, watching other people party instead. There were some who tried to socialize with you, an occasional greeting, or the standard question about your eyes. You would answer that you were blind, and it seemed to be a good enough response for them, as they didn't question any further than that.

During the party, you noticed how you were sometimes mentioned in conversations, although you couldn't really make out what they were talking about though. You just shrugged it off, thinking maybe since you were new in town, you would be the social topic for a little while, and it would probably die out in a couple of days.

Your favorite part of the party was watching your brother flirting with the many girls, and failing miserably at it. You knew he was bad with girls, but he seemed to be dead set on failure. He was on a streak, too, at thirty four girls scared off, when the thirty fifth one kneed his groin, which made him take a break, by lying down on the ground for several minutes.

Despite some strange tidbits, the town has a welcoming atmosphere. It feels like a nice town, filled with nice people.

As you finish your breakfast, you hear footsteps and yawning coming down from the stairs. It seems like your parents are awake.

As they make their way to the dining room, you can already tell that they were surprised to see both you and Kenny up early.

"Morning Mom, Dad." You say, giving a wave.

"Good morning you two... First time I've seen you both up so early." Your dad yawned, taking a seat.

"Trust me when I say that I was a bit surprised at that too." You say, flatly.

"Should I make something to eat?" Your mother asks you.

"Don't worry, Kenny and I already ate some pancakes for breakfast."

"You want something then, dear?" She asks your dad.

"No, I'll just raid the fridge for something. You get back to bed if you want honey."

Your mother nods and went back upstairs, while your father stands to open the refrigerator, and pulls out the bag of apples that you put in from yesterday.

"So, that was a heck of a party last night, wasn't it boys? I say, that was a nice way to welcome someone new." He says, holding an apple. You and your brother both nod in agreement.

Your father starts eating the apple, and watching his reaction being similar to yours was actually a bit funny. "…Wow. Wow! This is delicious! What kind of apples are these?"

"I got them from someone I met in town. Her name's Applejack, she said that she and her family owns an apple acre, and she was selling the apples. So I decided to get some, and since I was new, she gave some to me for free, as a gift." You answer.

"Mmm! Well, we're going to have to find a way to repay her for these. This is too good to just give away for free! It'll be an injustice if we don't!" Your father declares as he gives another bite.

Huh. So that's where I get that from. You thought.

"So dad, why are you up early too?" Kenny asks your father as he devours the apple.

"I need to find a new job in Town Hall. Bits don't just grow in trees you know."

"What kind of job are you looking for?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe something that will catch my eye, but if none do, I can always do some oddjobs around town if the pay is decent."

Done with breakfast, and with only a few hours to spare until school starts, you decided to distract yourself to pass the time. You liked doing random things to entertain yourself, like doing twirling tricks with your walking stick, or balancing some things on your head. Sometimes betting on how long you can balance how many items on your head with Kenny.

As the time finally arrives, you grab your backpack and strap it on. Saying farewell to your father, you and your brother leave for school, but just as you exit out the door, your father calls out your name.

"Yeah dad?"

"Good luck in school. I know for a fact that you'll be making some good friends here."

"Yeah... Thanks dad. I'll see you later."

As you make your way to school, you wonder what kind of things you're going to experience with what this new place, this new life. Hopefully, good things.
----------------------------------------
Super editing powers provided by Machiniman20

Author's Note:

So, what will you find in this new school? How will you react to it? How much does your life change after this?

I would say you will find out soon, but I also actually have no fucking idea how to answer those questions either. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I hope it's somewhere that doesn't fuck up the entire story.

I suck at this update time thingy.

Comment! Jab me to death with that green thumb of yours! Smoke pot!
Whatever you think that will help out my strange stories!