• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 4,537 Views, 71 Comments

Conversion Bureau: Operation Ares Kingdom - SirAroun



In a future full of greedy leaders and racist ponies on man aims for stars to save humanity

  • ...
13
 71
 4,537

Ch.2 Why We Fight.

OK, so this is my main story now... I may need a proofreader, any one like to help?
p.s. come on 2.5/5 at least give me a 3 or 3.5, please, it is not like I'm asking for a 5 or anything.

edit: comment please. I need and like feedback. thank you.

Thank you for reading,

Sir Aroun
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Our new home."

I stared at the the screen, looking at the Ares landing site. In the last three months the Eden drones had not only finished the landing site, but were already building expansions to it and the Arc ship shell was done as well. Things where not prefect, PER's terrorism attacks where continually delaying the project and more importantly putting Ares at risk of being discovered. With the labor, supplies, over 60,000 crew members, and a orbiting spaceship the size of New York City, it was a wonder we had not already be found out.

"Director, the CEO of World-Corp. is on the line."

My hands balled into fists and take a deep breath. Not him again.

"Patch it through to my office." I said as I walked over to my door.

I went in and locked the door. Siting down at my desk I turned on the video-phone.

"What is taking so long Freemen!"

"Good morning to you too, sir."

"Don't give me that! Why is this Arc ship of yours taking so long to build?"

"Sir, we are going as fast as we can. It is hard enough to build a ship this size in secret but with the PRE attacks it has become even harder."

"Thats not good enough! Equestria knows about the ship, they called earlier today to ask what it was and what we planed to do with it. If you can't get it done soon, maybe we need to replace you."

Calm, Asa, be calm.

"You and me both know that is an empty threat. At this point there is no one who can run this mission or the colony but me. As far as Equestria goes, we knew they would find out eventually and with only six to eight months till the ship is done it may be time. That is really up to you, sir."

There was a long silents as my boss stared at me angrily.

"I hate it when you're right. I'll talk to the board tomorrow, but remember Freeman, whatever happens is on your head."

The screen went black and I let out a large sigh.

"I hate that man, I really do."

I checked the room for bugs. Not that there would be any, I checked for bugs everyday. Feeling safe, I unlocked the drawer and removed the papers in it. I then, using the ink cartage from my pen I pushed up the false bottom, inside was old black journal. I pulling it out with great care I began to read it.

"Enlighten Man, Enlighten Society By G. Lee Freeman"

"Balance. Balance is the key to a healthy life and a healthy society. Society needs liberty to allow all to reach their potential, but it also needs equality so the strong do not abuse the weak. Likewise the individual needs to assert him or herself while always keeping in mind what is best for all concerned."

My grandfather was a great man. His little book is keeps me going, it shows me how great freedom and humanity can be and why I should be willing to fight for it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Day...
________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I walked into the lab I was greeted by a man in a gray suit with short white hair and beard.

"Doctor Freeman I assume?" the man greeted me.

"Director Freeman, and you?"

"Dr. Breen."

"Doctor?"

"Law."

"Ah, and what can I do for you Dr. Breen?"

"Our benefactors sent me. They wish me to inform you that a diplomat from Equestria is coming this afternoon and will be staying with our team for a few days."

He walks up to me and looks me straight in the eye.

"I think it goes without saying that you will treat her like a guest, but don't tell her anything that may come back to bite us. clear?

"Crystal." I said smiling.

"Good." he says walking to the door.

"Who is she anyway?" I ask.

He stops and turns around.

"Twilight Sparkle."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________



The purple pony seemed confused when I met her at the small, desert bus stop. It was not surprising as the based was over ten miles off the road from the stop and there really was not much else around.

"Are you Miss Sparkle?" I asked

"I am Director Freeman. I'm here to take you to our base." I motioned to my vehicle.

"Thank you director, I hope you don't mind but I brought some things with me."

I looked at the bags, they seamed to be full of quills, parchment, and books.

"Not at all Miss Sparkle. Please don't take any notes without asking though."

I took her bags and we drove to the main base. As we passed the warehouses, labs, and launch sites she stared in awe.
When we had gotten to the main base she turned and asked me.

"what is this all for? Why do you do all this?"

I smiled and answered,

"Because we want to live."