• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 1,056 Views, 27 Comments

Lunae et Nox - not plu



I am the night. Ego sum nocte. I am the bleakness of the cold, the uncertainty of dark’s shield, all that is fear and mystery. I am enchantingly elegant. I do not belong here.

  • ...
2
 27
 1,056

Arcanus

Good morning Luna! You should get up now.
Too much light. Always too much light. One year is half light, dimidium tenebris. That is how it works. But not here. Always too much light. This light has been seeping through me, entering through microscopic crevices, pushing and eroding. I am too much light. Yet not, for I am still the night. I am not the day. Dies est... dies est.
Come on Luna. You’re going to miss art class.
No.
Luna I... I...
Her laugh is infectious in the wrong way. Crazy. Crazy, all of them. I leave her, for I do not care.
Moecha Putida
Luna, wait up, I’m fine, I’m coming!
The walking is the hardest. Even with noise covering everything, I still drown in solidarity. In silentium. It is so sterile, yet made vile by what is contained inside. This hall is killing me. Everything is. Populus. Muros. Everything. Even the sound around me, made to drown my thoughts and preserve me kills me. Too much sound. Too much silence. Too much light.
Today you should be finishing your paintings. Remember, it’s how you look deep down inside, not who you are on the surface. Okay? Okay.

I look into me, into mine, into who I am and I am drowning, lost, falling, into my own soul. Waves of darkness, of cool moonlight, helpless yet strong, drinking in the cold darkness though it’s poison. The shimmer of magic fading with disbelief, still clinging onto the water for hope of survival. Beauty and darkness. Decorem et tenebrae. A life without death and a death without life. Shimmering, misty purgatory. Night.

Luna, I love what you did with the... Luna, are you alright? Luna? Luna!

It is dark and like night but here and to me because I am Luna, Princess of the Night and it glows and sparkles in the starlight and Celeste can’t see because she is day and I am night and here it is and it is gone and no no no no no no time stops and it touches the floor and it is in lots and lots and lots of little itty bitty pieces all sparkling in the moon and star lite that celeste can't see but I can and it is gone and I can't have it but its mine so I should and maybe it will come back but no no no no no it won't because suddenly everything is dark and black like the night and I can feel cold cold like the fog by the water in the twilight and I can feel it all around me all like night but I like night but I don't like this because it is not at all like night no no no please Celeste please help me I need help I need to scream but no sound and no Celeste but only cold and dark and misty and I don't like it and I am scared and I want Celeste but she is not here and no sound and cold filling me all around and I can't feel anything anymore just cold and I can’t see or feel or hear or know but I can't stop the cold filling me up and I want it to stop but it won't and please Celeste help me help me I need you I love you please but no Celeste only cold and dark and black and fog and death everywhere and it won’t stop and I can’t fight but please the dark and the cold and the mist and I'm all alone.

I AM THE NIGHT

Author's Note:

You really need to have your background set to "dark" for this to work. If it isn't already, do that now. Actually, for all the chapters.

If you want to see what Luna painted, PM me.